Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mass evictions at mobile home park in Miami

Residents of the Publix mobile home park say the management company has given them until July 22nd to GTFO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2024 11:42 PM

This is just cruel.

And then Americans complain about "the homeless."

Well, what the fuck do you expect when you remove cheap housing for society's most vulnerable?

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2024 9:40 PM

We grieve for you and your families, OP and R1.

Good luck. Maybe South Carolina or Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2024 9:43 PM

Maybe people who always write about how great it is not to own your home can chime in here.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2024 9:48 PM

Management cut off services including trash removal and water? After raising rents. How is this legal even in a turd world state like Flori-duh?

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2024 9:49 PM

Why is it called Publix? Does the grocery store chain own it?

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2024 9:52 PM

PALM LAKES MOBILE HOME PARK, not publix .I copied the transcript of the video which is inaccurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2024 9:59 PM

You are supposed to give people a chunk of change (along with your greasy middle finger) to get them out.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2024 10:00 PM

Apparently they were told that they had to move out a year ago because the property is being sold.

That's one of the problems with renting, even if you are there for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2024 10:01 PM

R8. I’m the snobbiest bitch who ever bitched, but Jesus.

This is not an apartment-like situation.

I’m guessing most of these folks own their trailers, and most are likely not mobile.

It would be nice if a local foundation (PUBLIX?) would step in and help with the resettlement.

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2024 10:19 PM

R2, I bet you're the type of NIMBY bitch I'm talking about.

I hope the homeless end up camped outside your neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2024 10:21 PM

Why don't they just move to their summer homes, the big sillies!

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2024 10:24 PM

I’ve got room in my compound.

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2024 10:29 PM

Renters have ZERO rights in the free state of Flawduh. When Orange County (Orlando) tried to pass a weak rent control DeSatan and his developer property owner cronies immediately passed a STATE WIDE ban on any rent control. Renters are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2024 12:48 AM

Fuck Florida

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2024 3:28 AM

When you hear motherfuckers complain about "the homeless," remind them of shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 3:30 AM

This has been happening across the country, corporations are buying up mobile home parks and there are massive evictions. This is affecting mostly older people that own their mobile homes and are living on a very limited budget, congress needs to act with legislation, but that's not going to happen...so much disfunction.

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2024 3:36 AM

Flor-duh!

Buncha Trumpers probably. Bootstraps time baby!

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2024 3:40 AM

R16, that is fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 18June 10, 2024 3:52 AM

Oh well, I guess our country is edging towards Grandma and Grandpa living in encampments.

That is exactly where this country is headed.

by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2024 3:54 AM

^^ This is going to be a VERY interesting decade!

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2024 3:56 AM

Trump supporters are about to become homeless? No fucking way, man!

by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2024 5:29 AM

These people sound ethnic not magat

by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2024 5:30 AM

^ Does that make it better?

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2024 5:34 AM

And soon these Trumptards will understand the pain of homelessness and the people they mock.

by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2024 10:44 AM

R24, do we know that even most of them are MAGA?

by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2024 5:02 PM

They have to be out by July, yet the court hearings is scheduled for August.

Who's the judge, Aileen Cannon??!!

by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2024 11:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!