Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Simon and Garfinkle concert on PBS. I love that they are showing this.

It's so great. Hit after hit. I'm ashamed I had almost forgot about them. I can't pick a favorite. I love them all.

Why did they break up anyway? They had to know they were best singing together!

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 7:01 AM

Simon and Gofuckle

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2024 9:35 PM

A lot of the early stuff is treacle. The last two albums are the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2024 9:36 PM

I think Paul is real asshole

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2024 9:40 PM

The soundtrack of The Graduate made the movie.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2024 11:09 PM

R3, I wanna hear the dirt!

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2024 11:24 PM

The Boxer is one of the greatest songs ever written.

It makes me cry. It leaves a feeling of melancholy and yearning and sadness.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2024 11:29 PM

Fuckle

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2024 11:55 PM

Too many people you were texting had you blocked and so you turned to us, OP?

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2024 12:14 AM

Paul finally became vexed for the last time at Art always using him as a stepstool to reach up for their instruments in the above-seat baggage compartments on their tour buses in between concert stops.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2024 2:55 AM

R6 The Boxer is wonderful. I like The Sounds of Silence much more now that we rarely hear it. Paul Simon had a good ear for music.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 3:19 AM

I heard Mrs Robinson the other day and it's still a foot tapper.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2024 3:22 AM

I saw them at Dodgers Stadium in 1983, husband and I were finishing dinner when I saw on the news that they were performing that night, we had no tickets, spur of the moment drove to Dodgers Stadium, lucked out when someone was selling tickets on the corner just before the parking lot, I think we paid 50.00 for two tickets...concert of a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2024 3:25 AM

I think Paul Simon is a musical genius. Garfunkel could sing but was just along for the ride.

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2024 3:44 AM

It must be fundraising time at PBS.

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2024 6:20 AM

Cecelia.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 7:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!