Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm still pissed that Beyonce.... and not Etta James got to sing 'At Last" at Obama's 2009 Inaugural Ball

it's been over 15 years, but I'm still not over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 3:16 AM

Well get over it because the Obamas wanted and received excellence. The Queen is one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2024 6:32 PM

Well, since Etta was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in 2008, it wasn’t practical.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2024 6:37 PM

Teacake=meth addict=DeFacto=White Cosplayer

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2024 6:42 PM

R3 Muriel can you do something about this? I understand it mental ill but it should be able to be libelous.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2024 6:53 PM

[quote] Well, since Etta was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in 2008, it wasn’t practical.

Agree. Etta is legendary and no one would argue that Beyonce sings it better. The last thing the Obama inauguration needed was a former drug addict struggling with dementia on a live mic.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2024 7:09 PM

It hurt Etta. It was cruel. All I recall from the evening are the gowns and the controversy, so Bey couldn’t have been too great shakes.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2024 7:13 PM

Was Beyoncé the choice to sing At Last or was it Beyonce who chose to sing At Last?

They wanted Beyoncé to sing for them. Whatever she was going to sing would work.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2024 7:45 PM

Old, nobody cares about your obsessive grievances.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2024 8:25 PM

Shoulda been Etta, the disrepect was appauling.

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2024 9:13 PM

They had her on TV shucking and jiving at the inauguration and that bitch can’t fucking read. Just a total embarrassment for the D party and the country in general.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 1:21 AM

Fair point OP. There’s been nothing more upsetting since then.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2024 1:42 AM

Beyoncé gave Michelle a lady boner, that’s why.

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2024 1:50 AM

HI ETTA!

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2024 2:45 AM

[quote]The Queen is one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

Well, this is certainly an embarrassing opinion to hold. Have you ever listened to any other singers?

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2024 2:58 AM

Whitney would have been my choice.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 3:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!