Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bad Combinations

What is it about you that causes you the most trouble?

My combination is that I’m an opinionated, thin-skinned, loudmouth.

I get my feelings hurt all the time when if I just had the self control to hold my tongue there’d be no problem.

by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2024 5:09 AM

My anxiety issues make me not want to do things. Not doing things makes me extremely bored and apt to spend money online.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2024 4:50 PM

Grow a thicker skin, OP. The loud-mouth opinionated part is what makes people interesting.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2024 5:13 PM

I’m a know-it-all and critical.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2024 8:37 PM

I’m vain, greedy and very, very fat.

It’s a horrid combination and it is sabotaging my health and my confidence, to the extent that I often wonder why my friends bother with me.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2024 8:41 PM

Did you ever ask them, R4? I bet they see qualities in you that you discount.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2024 9:29 PM

I'm rich and generous with college frat boys.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2024 9:56 PM

R5, I know that people think I’m a good person. I’ve had friends sincerely tell me that I should be a therapist or a priest because people find it easy to talk to me. People think I’m funny and enjoy my company. I have lots of really good close friends. I come across as being confident. I’m a decent person and someone my friends can turn to when they are in trouble.

But for all that, when I see myself in the mirror and see what other people see, I don’t think I deserve their respect.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2024 10:41 PM

"But for all that, when I see myself in the mirror and see what other people see, I don’t think I deserve their respect."

Therapy, hon. Lots of it. Why haven't you gone?

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2024 11:34 PM

R8, I would think I deserved therapy if I actually looked at myself in the mirror and liked what I saw. I’m very fat and it means that I never look smartly dressed. I hate the clothes I wear. I’m going to a wedding in a few weeks, and have been asked to give a toast. I started worrying in February about how I would look and what I would wear. I still don’t know.

The only time I had therapy was to address my weigh issues, and it wasn’t much help.

In any case, I am not unhappy most of the time. I compartmentalise. I have a decent job and I know I am a good person. I know that people seek my advice and trust my judgment. I have lots of people who love me, and I know people see the good in me, even if I am not sure how. Things could be worse.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2024 1:44 AM

R9 I have three words for you. Ozempic, Wegovy, and Mounjaro.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 10:38 AM

I’m a misanthrope.

by Anonymousreply 11June 12, 2024 4:17 AM

Angry young men driving loud, fast vehicles with a love for guns. I don't know any of them but it would be a nightmare if I did.

by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2024 4:21 AM

My brain thinks of silly shit to say in any situation, but I work in Trauma care.

by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2024 5:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!