Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mckgaston, Instagram/TikTok plant guy

Very hot, jacked guy, who vaguely suggests Henry Cavill in an alternate universe where he became an eccentric gay botanist. Think there was a thread on him but couldn’t find it.

He has adopted a strange, cartoonish voice best described as being like the Captain from the Pigs in Space sketch from the Muppets.

He does not actually talk like this. Videos show him occasionally lapse into his normal voice which is actually a very masculine voice with a slight Texas drawl.

Why would somebody consciously choose to talk like a cartoon character? The only person I can think of doing this is Michael Jackson but he had a whole laundry list of other issues. Plus his affected voice actually matched his androgynous personal expression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2024 12:22 PM

The character was called Link Hogthrob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2024 2:00 PM

He would look nice getting fucked in a sling.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2024 2:30 PM

He seems better than that.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2024 2:31 PM

I'd like to see him naked. Or as close to naked as possible. I can see his big arms and big chest, but I want more.

I thought he was very interesting and attractive till I read about his diet and exercise instructions/classes. It changed his very attractive brainy nerd persona to just being another grifter.

But I love the fact that he's gay and out there. I think he has a boyfriend, too, that appears on his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2024 11:29 AM

he takes a shower in one of his videos. he's super well built

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2024 11:37 AM

I used to see this guy on TikTok all the time. He’s very interesting. Haven't seen him in a while. His boyfriend isn’t quite as stunning as he is but they seem like a cool couple.

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2024 11:38 AM

He's adorable.

I'd love to blow him, rim him, and plow him!

And as for his voice...he could the telephone to me all day long!

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2024 11:43 AM

R5

I'll have to look again. All I've see are his cutesy peek-a-boo videos where he plays the guitar and sorta looks mostly naked.

The hair is pretty great, too. He has good genes.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2024 11:49 AM

He made the decision to affect a voice and I guess now he thinks he has to stick with it.

It's almost insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2024 11:52 AM

Don't know if they're still dating, but this was his fella:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2024 12:00 PM

This is the boyfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2024 12:14 PM

R9 like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2024 12:20 PM

This is what he actually sounds like. Christopher Reeve as Clark Kent via Austin City Limits.

Continuing with that metaphor,

What if the cartoon voice actually is how he always talked, and the butch southern drawl was in fact the act? Was Clark Kent real and Superman the act, or was Superman real and Clark Kent the act?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2024 12:38 PM

I work with a lot of singers (he was trained as a singer) and they frequently affect a sound like that.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2024 4:13 PM

That boyfriend is lucky.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2024 1:40 AM

I think he (Mckgaston) posted on Instagram that he was dumped a few months ago. Poor guy, he seems really sweet.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2024 2:15 AM

Remember that trashy guy from Chicago who used to do entertaining plant videos?

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2024 4:30 AM

He could talk like Daffy Duck and still seem hot to me. If I recall correctly, he was working on a Ph.D. at the Univ. of Hawaii but withdrew (so to speak) to work at the botanical park he’s at now. He conducts tours, so maybe that’s his “Ranger Bob” voice that he also uses in his video.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2024 5:02 AM

This guy with the crime pays but botany doesn't site

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2024 7:16 AM

He’s hot and I love his mustache and the glasses too.

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2024 10:26 AM

I do too, and his hot muscled bod

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2024 12:10 PM

[quote] He’s hot and I love his mustache

R20 Yes, it’s quite a “cookie duster,” if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2024 7:08 PM

He looks like Baby Geraldo

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2024 7:37 PM

I don't get that he does a "cartoon voice."

I *do* think he perhaps had some training somewhere for TV or radio work or voice work and is using a very "newscaster reading voice" most of the time. Which isn't something a lot of people do on Insta, but I don't think it's, like, totally bizarre......

Anyway, I need him inside me quite deeply or on my face.

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2024 7:43 PM

....and having heard him with his more natural voice I'm more convinced of what I said at R24. He took some kind of vocal training to minimize his southern accent/drawl. Whether it was in a broadcasting context or something to be more credible as a public speaker, he clearly has done that training.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2024 7:46 PM

[quote]He took some kind of vocal training to minimize his southern accent/drawl.

He works at a botanical garden in Austin, Texas.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2024 8:09 PM

His real voice at R13 is a relief! I wish he'd use it, instead of this bizarre affected accent/voice he's come up with. It does. not. work. for him. It's so clearly fake.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2024 9:15 PM

I like both

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2024 12:16 AM

I think he deals with children a lot, and he may use that voice with younger people.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2024 1:29 AM

It sounds like a trained singer

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2024 12:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!