Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did you wish Once Upon a Time in Hollywood focused more on the Manson family and less on the film/tv industry of the 60s?

I enjoyed the Sharon Tate scenes and the Spahn Ranch sequence the most.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 3:41 AM

The part of the movie that worked was Spahn Ranch. Austin Nichols really stood out. And most of the scenes with Brad Pitt. Leo’s story was deadly.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2024 10:51 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2024 11:14 AM

Wait?

Are you asking if we wish a movie's story was about something else?

Is that the question?

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2024 12:37 AM

I liked it as it was, so: no. Besides, it's fiction. Manson and the Sharon Tate murders were not.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2024 12:46 AM

I liked it all. One of those flicks I’ll never get tired of watching.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2024 1:18 AM

Spahn ranch was a great scene as well as Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate watching herself at the movies.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2024 1:49 AM

The flame thrower was over the top but that's Tarintino for ya.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2024 1:52 AM

No, OP. It's an excellent movie without them. I was around during the Manson murders and have had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2024 2:01 AM

I honestly think that part should’ve been scrapped. Or maybe they should’ve made it thinly veiled fictional characters. Or focused on the aftermath of the Cielo drive massacre. Idk, it just didn’t come together properly for me. I still watch it every now and then to catch background details, but it feels like two or three different movies spliced together.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2024 2:06 AM

No, I don't. I thought the balance was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 2:15 AM

Were pit bulls in existence back then? That's the part I had trouble with.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2024 2:20 AM

You didn't hear about pit bulls back then. Doberman's were the demons of note.

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2024 2:23 AM

Pete the Pup in the "Our Gang" film series of the 20s and 30s was a pitbull, no?

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2024 3:27 AM

I wanted to stand up and cheer for the flamethrower! But I just sobbed quietly to myself in the dark, wishing it had actually been so.

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2024 3:27 AM

I didn't think DiCaprio fit, he did ok but Brad Pitt was so much better.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 3:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!