Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

At what age should men stop making babies with their sperm?

Taking everything into consideration but most important the health and upbringing of a child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 10, 2024 3:26 PM

According to health experts, the same age that women shouldโ€”before 40. Every year after that leads to higher chances of autism, schizophrenia, ADHD, dyslexia and other learning disabilities, down syndrome, childhood cancers, congenital heart defects, etc. Sperm quality peaks between 25-30. It's advised men bank their sperm by 35, which is the same age recommended that women freeze their eggs. Old sperm also puts women at much higher risk for gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and preterm birth.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2024 1:20 AM

These poll results are somewhat baffling in comparison to the DL comments expressing horror at figures like Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino becoming fathers in their dotage.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2024 1:32 AM

In a related question, at what age should men stop making babies WITHOUT their sperm?

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2024 1:38 AM

r1 "According to health experts"

Links to your specific claims? I don't disbelieve you, but anytime someone makes a claim with "Experts agree..." etc. it sounds dubious.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2024 1:41 AM

Adorable that this question is being asked on the website overwhelmingly dominated by elderly men with no kids.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2024 1:41 AM

45. At that age you can still have at lest 30 years. Enough time to see your child into adulthood, and mostly be able to keep up with toddlers in the early years.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2024 1:41 AM

Under 30

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2024 2:07 AM

35. Men shouldn't be grandpa age with a newborn.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2024 2:08 AM

R4 How about data from 40 million births? The link below is to a description of a study from Stanford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2024 2:10 AM

As opposed to with their what else?

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2024 2:13 AM

The time-passed-to-WW ratio is suspect.

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2024 3:21 AM

Men can keep making babies forever. God likes us better.

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2024 3:24 AM

The age they turn after they have their first kid. The world is overpopulated.

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2024 3:28 AM

R4 This is a remarkably simple thing to fact-check. Every search result for this question confirms the answer in R1.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2024 4:27 AM

Nature obviously wants men to keep procreating.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2024 5:02 AM

[quote] The age they turn after they have their first kid. The world is overpopulated.

No, itโ€™s not.

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2024 5:03 AM

When an older gentleman trades his old wife for a newer model, the new young wife shouldnโ€™t be excluded from having a baby just because her husband is old.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2024 5:11 AM

You need to have a dad who is still active to play with the kid.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2024 5:14 AM

Alec Baldwin.

That's my answer.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2024 5:19 AM

[quote] The time-passed-to-WW ratio is suspect.

R11 If it hits one million, weโ€™ll know the sperm are voting.

or

Some DL readers have sticky fingers from reading this thread about sperm, and one WW turns into 10 WWs.

or

Someone is amusing himself in a way that does not involve the release of sperm.

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2024 5:49 AM

Hey I'm OP and I did NOT ww my own OP post. I don't know who did that and why.

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2024 7:50 AM

Ah, the autism troll.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2024 8:11 AM

What do you suggest men that age make babies with if not their sperm, OP?

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2024 12:22 PM

I spelled it all out, R23, to reach our lower reading comprehension brothers on DL. Your dull witless retort has already been made above by a few posters. HAHA so funny! ๐Ÿฅด

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2024 12:47 PM

It's only in the last 15-20 years or so that advanced paternal age is considered to carry some risk of complications. Prior to that, most of the focus was on mothers, with pregnancies in women over 35 years old being classed as "geriatric" pregnancies.

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2024 12:53 PM

R25, women donโ€™t want to believe that theyโ€™re ever the problem. Men must be blamed for everything or at least something even when all the evidence points to the contrary. Old eggs and a dusty womb create retarded children.

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2024 1:13 PM

R16 : Yes, it is. There are way too many people on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2024 1:19 PM

Both women and men contribute to the problem, R26, but as always, the issue with men's age skated until now, because society has decided that men are never at fault for anything.

But hey -- you do you.

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2024 1:31 PM

When the Rolling Stones stop touring and I don't need to burnish my Mack-Daddy Cred with another baby.

So, never.

by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2024 1:49 PM

It's so unfair.

We're both about the same age, but he can go on making babies the rest of his life.

I feel like the Spruce Goose.

People may visit, play with the controls, but I'll never really fly again.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2024 1:58 PM

[quote]Links to your specific claims? I don't disbelieve you, but anytime someone makes a claim with "Experts agree..." etc. it sounds dubious.

R1 Agreed.

It's so hard to take these kinds of studies (or information) seriously these days when many scientists have drunk the 'woke' Kool-aid, so the next wave of historical/scientific analysis and literature is being tainted by an aggressively anti-men cultural bias.

by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2024 2:08 PM

I believe the chance of neurodivergence increases dramatically after 35.

Neurodivergence is also highly hereditary but also appears to be capable of being created through old parents (mine was!). So if itโ€™s created, then it doesnโ€™t go away and becomes hereditary.

So sire all you want, because itโ€™s already been unleashed onto the population. I predict 30% neurodivergence by the end of the century.

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2024 2:16 PM

Waiting for r4s' apology for r1s' factually correct post.

These posters always hiss loudly but when called out they slink away quietly.

Here's a tip: Don't challenge something when you obviously have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2024 2:18 PM

R31 same with 'woke' historians, who are doing everything they can to rewrite history or exaggerate the contributions of select groups.

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2024 2:32 PM

Every sperm is sacred.

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2024 2:35 PM

R4 this is what annoys me

We literally live in an age where someone can copy/paste something, ask an AI โ€œis this trueโ€ and get a response like this:

The statement touches on several complex aspects of reproductive health. Here's a breakdown of what health experts generally agree upon:

1. **Paternal Age and Health Risks**: - There is evidence suggesting that the risk of certain conditions, including autism, schizophrenia, ADHD, and other neurodevelopmental disorders, increases with paternal age. Older paternal age is also associated with a higher risk of genetic mutations in sperm, which can contribute to congenital disabilities and other health issues in offspring. - Sperm quality, including motility and genetic integrity, tends to peak in a man's late 20s and early 30s, and it can decline with age.

2. **Maternal Age and Health Risks**: - Women are often advised to consider having children before age 35, as the risk of chromosomal abnormalities (such as Down syndrome), congenital heart defects, and other complications increases with maternal age. - The quality and quantity of a woman's eggs decline with age, which can impact fertility and increase the likelihood of miscarriages and pregnancy complications.

3. **Other Factors**: - Both paternal and maternal ages are important factors, but they are not the only ones. Lifestyle, genetics, and environmental factors also play significant roles in the health outcomes of offspring.

It is essential to consult with healthcare providers to understand the specific risks and make informed decisions based on individual health and family planning goals.

by Anonymousreply 36June 9, 2024 2:41 PM

r33 you dumb fuck. I specifically said I DON'T DISBELIEVE YOU.

You fucking moron. Seek help, and learn to read.

by Anonymousreply 37June 9, 2024 2:44 PM

This is a whole lotta ruckus from a bunch of men who would rather die than get their penises anywhere near a vagina.

I mean, you don't even have any skin in the game, so to speak...

by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2024 3:00 PM

Shouting and name calling is a clear sign of a lost argument r4.

Careful, anger might frighten your cats.

by Anonymousreply 39June 9, 2024 4:44 PM

This question is redundant because as long women allow to birth brats by old geezers it doesn't matter what we tell men. It is women who should be told to abort grandpa babies. I recommend a vasectomy at age 15 to avoid unwanted child support. The sperm will be frozen when men are ready to be fathers at 65.

by Anonymousreply 40June 9, 2024 5:45 PM

What's wrong with this picture?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 9, 2024 6:50 PM

R37, I am not R33.

But, yanno...he's right.

by Anonymousreply 42June 9, 2024 8:02 PM

๐‡๐ž๐ง๐ซ๐ฒ: What is this? I'm not moldering; my paint's not peeling off. I'm good for years.

๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง๐จ๐ซ: How many years? Suppose I hold you back for one? I can - it's possible. Suppose your first son dies, ours did - it's possible. Suppose you're daughtered next. We were - that, too, is possible. How old is Daddy then?

What kind of spindly, ricket-ridden, milky, semi-witted, wizened, dim-eyed, gammy-handed, limpy line of things will you beget?

๐‡๐ž๐ง๐ซ๐ฒ: It's sweet of you to care.

๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง๐จ๐ซ: And when you die, which is regrettable but necessary, what will happen to frail Alais and her pruney prince? You can't think Richard's going to wait for your grotesque to grow.

๐‡๐ž๐ง๐ซ๐ฒ: You wouldn't let him do a thing like that?

๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง๐จ๐ซ: Let him? I'd push him through the nursery door.

๐‡๐ž๐ง๐ซ๐ฒ: You're not that cruel.

๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง๐จ๐ซ: Don't fret. We'll wait until you're dead to do it.

by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2024 9:59 PM

I'm making babies with my sperm, right now!

by Anonymousreply 44June 9, 2024 10:03 PM

[quote]When an older gentleman trades his old wife for a newer model, the new young wife shouldnโ€™t be excluded from having a baby just because her husband is old.

That's what the pool boy is for.

by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2024 2:30 AM

How much does nature really want men of a certain age to procreate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 10, 2024 7:33 AM

R46 Circumcision is not nature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 10, 2024 3:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!