Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jason Carter gives update on Jimmy Carter

Basically no real change just hanging on in hospice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 12, 2024 3:03 AM

Is it time for the family to consider a George V type exit for Carter?

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2024 12:56 AM

Copycat!

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2024 1:11 AM

I plead for a Tiberius exit for Carter to spare us these family updates.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2024 1:27 AM

He wants to vote in November.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2024 1:29 AM

I love Jimmy. I wish one of the many books he'd written was a dishy memoir filled with political gossip.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2024 1:31 AM

[quote]I love Jimmy. I wish one of the many books he'd written was a dishy memoir filled with political gossip.

That would have been ridiculously out of character.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2024 1:33 AM

Team Jimmie. Many of his family died young of cancers.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2024 1:40 AM

Jason was too young when he first ran for Governor of GA and he foolishly ran against the incumbent Governor Deal. But it is my belief that if Jason decided to run again, and timed it better, he would win. And he is just the absolute best! Really great guy, competent lawyer and he heads up the Carter Center now. Not the Library, but the Carter Center that is actively engaged in worldwide activities to make the world a better place. Jason is stellar.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2024 1:41 AM

r7 Jimmie?

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2024 1:41 AM

Jimmy will be 100 years old in October.I hope he can make it to that birthday, then die before the election so he can influence the outcome in Georgia. People here love him. Even Republicans, altho not MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2024 1:43 AM

What a good man he is.

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2024 1:52 AM

When does early voting begin in Georgia?

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2024 2:03 AM

Can't they put him down?

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2024 2:50 AM

you first, r13.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2024 4:45 AM

[quote] Jimmy will be 100 years old in October.I hope he can make it to that birthday, then die before the election so he can influence the outcome in Georgia.

Trump is ahead in Georgia by 6 points after the verdict, so Jimmy can probably best focus on meeting his maker.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2024 5:38 AM

I hope Jimmy makes it to his 100th Birthday on October 1st! šŸŽ‚

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2024 7:51 AM

It seems they're really milking these last days. It's like Elton John's farewell tours. I hope Jimmy has some good days yet.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2024 8:10 AM

I don't think someone at his age, with his level of life experience, relationships, etc. is trying to "make it" to 100. He's already accomplished all he is going to.

I really admire his dedication to Habitat for Humanity throughout his life. It wasn't just a "few years" thing, either. He worked on it up until a few years ago (I believe).

I really believe he cared about people, and that will be his legacy. He cared for humans and it wasn't just about ego or politics for him.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2024 8:31 AM

Heā€™s a real Christian, not like the ones you usually see on TV.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2024 8:33 AM

here's an interview with Jason

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2024 1:09 PM

Not waking up every day is not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2024 10:02 PM

He's shutting down. I'm thinking they will notice his kidneys start shutting down, and he obviously will not be taking any nourishment unless it's IVs. I will give him another month at most. Maybe a matter of days. Atlanta will be in mourning. All of Georgia will be in mourning. Even a lot of the MAGAs will mourn. Many of them weren't always MAGAs.

by Anonymousreply 22June 12, 2024 3:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!