Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bjorn Andresen "Most Beautiful Boy in the World". What exactly is so tragic about him and how did he get that title?

All the youtube comments are painting him as a tragic figure, somebody who wasn't protected. What actually happened to him that paints him in a melancholy way? Is it because his fame was short-lived and he had no acting career as an adult?

I don't see the hype of this boy. He was only beautiful because he was young and somewhat feminine looking; young Johnny Depp was far more striking. Bjorn reminds me of a blonde Timotee Chamalet or Saoirse Ronan, which isn't really a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2024 3:52 PM

You may find this thread of interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2024 2:53 PM

The short story OP is that he had a 9 month old son who died of SIDS and he went into a deep depression for a long time. His own mother killed herself when he was 10 and he never even knew who his father was.

And then there's this

He went from looking like this as a boy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2024 3:01 PM

To this as a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2024 3:01 PM

R2/3 has answered the question.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2024 3:05 PM

R3, he looks weathered but I would not call him ugly for his age.

But then I never found him even a little bit attractive when he was young and Death in Venice creeped me out on an almost tactile level.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2024 3:13 PM

He became the poster boy for jailbait lust as a result of the movie and its promotion.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2024 3:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2024 3:18 PM

R5 Yes, the character seemed a bit creepy - like a budding sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2024 3:22 PM

R8, I just couldn't buy him as the object of desire, no matter how warped the desire was. (In the book I think the character was supposed to be 12 years old? It's Lolita with classier surroundings. Ugh.)

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2024 3:24 PM

He’s in Midsommer…He’s the old man who gets sacrificed.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2024 3:33 PM

My "most beautiful" takeaways from Death in Venice were the Adagietto from Mahler's 5th Symphony and the fourth movement of Symphony No. 3. You've probably heard the Adagietto. Here's a link to the Sehr Langsam movement in the Third, with Jessye Norman. It gets going around 0:47.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2024 3:50 PM

I've seen better, but I'd have cast him all the same!

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2024 3:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!