Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cold Stone Creamery faces suit over lack of real pistachios in pistachio ice cream

Here’s a scoop from Long Island: A federal judge has ruled that a woman can sue an ice cream company after she found that her pistachio ice cream had no pistachios in it.

Jenna Marie Duncan of Farmingdale said that when she ordered ice cream from the Cold Stone Creamery in Levittown, her taste buds were tricked. Now, a lawsuit she filed could bring a delicious payout for ice cream lovers nationwide.

Duncan went home, looked up the ingredients and found that she was right, according to her civil suit: The ice cream's bright green color and pistachio flavor were entirely artificial. She then filed a class-action case against Cold Stone Creamery’s parent company, Kahala Franchising, accusing it of false advertising.

A federal judge recently determined that the case can move forward. And if a jury agrees with Duncan, an untold number of ice cream connoisseurs could be compensated for the icy imitations they ate in the past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 10, 2024 4:14 PM

An injustice so grave, it sets the heavens atremble.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2024 2:47 PM

I wonder why OP shared this story? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2024 2:49 PM

It's that fucking elephant eating all the pistachios.

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2024 2:49 PM

R2, could it be the spectacles?

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2024 2:52 PM

This is devastating news to the fattest of whores

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2024 2:53 PM

If the company uses actual nuts in their ice cream won't it kill millions of allergic children?

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2024 2:53 PM

I hope Coldstone Creamery suffers and dies. Their ice cream is awful.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2024 2:54 PM

R2 To warn everyone not to order their pistachio ice cream if you're expecting real pistachios in it. Why else would I be sharing this story ?

R4 What about her spectacles ? They have a Flavor Flav vibe going on - pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2024 2:55 PM

Unless they advertised that the ice cream actually contained real pistachios, this is ridiculous, especially if she had to look up the ingredients to know whether it did or didn't.

You'd have to be a moron, otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2024 2:56 PM

CSC is a Republican MAGA owned crap place. Fuck em.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2024 2:57 PM

Well, I certainly hope she gets every penny of her $4.63 back! Not a penny less. And not a penny more.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2024 2:57 PM

[quote] Why else would I be sharing this story ?

Ah, the feigned innocence of the troll.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2024 2:57 PM

I’m shocked they’re still in business.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2024 2:58 PM

I’ll tell you what’s real: her 5 o’clock shadow.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2024 3:02 PM

[quote]Unless they advertised that the ice cream actually contained real pistachios, this is ridiculous, especially if she had to look up the ingredients to know whether it did or didn't. You'd have to be a moron, otherwise.

I think CSC is wrong on this one. If there's no real pistachios in the ice cream, then it should be labeled 'pistachio flavored'. It's very misleading, otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2024 3:04 PM

I love her glasses and jewelry statement. Wait until she finds out Colonel Sanders wasn't in the military.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2024 3:07 PM

[quote]Ah, the feigned innocence of the troll.

I can't believe this thread attracted a MAGA troll who think's there's a conspiracy behind every thread.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2024 3:09 PM

Pistachio is a difficult flavoring for anything. The nuts don't have that much flavor to begin with, that natural casing obscures that minimal flavor, and making pistachio extract is pointless (for a home chef; food conglomerates can deploy a variety of extraction techniques but it comes out with a chemical-like flavor). When you eat anything pistachio flavored, it's mostly almond and floral extracts that enhance/augment what little flavor pistachios have.

That said, this class action suit is silly and pointless. The only people who benefit in class action matters are the lawyers. And this is why people hate our system of justice.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2024 3:13 PM

Hmmmm….why is this a story on DL??? Fine ok, OP. We all see the stubble on the woman.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2024 3:18 PM

If I was the judge I'd throw out the case just to avoid looking at that face and those glasses.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2024 3:18 PM

This makes me think that Lemon Pledge might not be made with real lemons.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2024 3:20 PM

r19 Anti-trans threads have been getting stealthier and stealthier ever since DLers made it clear they've (we've) moved on from that issue.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2024 3:26 PM

Next they'll be claiming there's no Little Debbie.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2024 3:26 PM

r18 is right. Pistachio ice cream or gelato is basically almond-flavored with green food coloring. The best you can hope for is some chopped pistachios mixed in.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2024 3:26 PM

Ok, but that lady is a dude.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2024 3:35 PM

It’s still false advertising.

I like Baskin Robbins pistachio, but what makes it good are all the toasted almond chunks. So the poster upthread has a poiint about almond being dominant in pistachio ice creams.

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2024 3:36 PM

[quote] Unless they advertised that the ice cream actually contained real pistachios, this is ridiculous

Calling the ice cream pistachio is advertising that it contains real pistachios. Otherwise, it would be labeled “pistachio-flavored” ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2024 3:40 PM

She shouldn’t be complaining about false advertising .

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2024 3:42 PM

R22 is stating our boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2024 3:43 PM

This story is nuts!

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2024 3:47 PM

It's the same as when a restaurant advertises desserts as 'home-made' when they are actually bought from a food-supplier, which supplies pies made in a commissary. Those are not 'home-made'. So many restaurants have opted to call them 'home-style' to avert any legal action of 'false advertising'.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2024 3:52 PM

"Home-made" is often illegal, because food meant for sale to the public has to be made in commercial kitchens in many cities/counties/states. Hence the term "house-made," which signifies it was made in the restaurant's kitchens.

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2024 3:58 PM

I remember the term house maid. Those were the days.

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2024 4:10 PM

r33 = the ghost of Mamie Eisenhower

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2024 4:12 PM

I never heard the term "house made" in any restaurant I visit. I've heard / read "home made" and "home style". If it says "home made" I always question if the dessert was made in the restaurant or brought in from an outside supplier. The servers can't lie about that.

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2024 4:13 PM

[quote]I never heard the term "house made" in any restaurant I visit.

You don't get out much, do you?

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2024 4:15 PM

[quote]You don't get out much, do you?

I just avoid Cracker Barrell, but I guess you don't.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2024 4:16 PM

I don’t care where the dessert was made.

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2024 4:37 PM

Things can be made "in-house", r35.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2024 4:39 PM

What is that a picture of exactly?

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2024 4:50 PM

Oh, the humanity.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2024 5:00 PM

R38: fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2024 5:06 PM

'Lemon Pledge' is advertised as 'lemon scented' so they're not lying to their customers, R21.

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2024 5:11 PM

What do they put they in instead?

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2024 5:14 PM

Bright green food coloring. It looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2024 5:15 PM

As others have already mentioned, pistachio ice cream is actually almond flavored ice cream with green coloring (and usually whole roasted pistachio nuts). There is no such thing as pistachio flavored ice cream. What makes pistachio ice cream pistachio are the nuts that are in it. Otherwise it is just almond flavored ice cream.

However, that being said, almond flavored green colored ice cream is what people expect when they order pistachio ice cream. This may seem counter intuitive, but most people identify flavors, not by the actual flavor, but by the visual appearance of the food. Most people cannot identify correctly a fruit flavor with seeing the associated color that goes with the fruit.

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2024 5:16 PM

This did not harm anyone in any way so why can't they just sue to have the company fix it instead of everyone being paid at the expense of everyone.

It's always money that destroys us.

by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2024 5:19 PM

I don't care if no one was "harmed." Fuck these guys and their false advertising. "Puffing" in advertising ("Oakland's Best Donuts!") is already allowed, at least called it "pistachio-inspired" or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2024 5:21 PM

There are plenty of pistachio ice cream recipes that don’t have almond flavor in them. Grinding up pistachios and steeping them in the milk and cream gives plenty of flavor to the base.

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2024 5:22 PM

R48 This is from her lawsuit: "The ice cream's bright green color and pistachio flavor were entirely artificial." So there is pistachio-flavored ice cream, which is artificial.

R47 People don't have to be 'harmed'. In this case the public was 'mislead' in doing business with the company.

by Anonymousreply 50June 8, 2024 5:23 PM

Talenti claims to use real pistachios in its gelato. But I'm sure they also add almond flavoring since pistachios don't have that much flavor on their own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2024 5:23 PM

That should be directed to R46 and R47. Sorry !

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2024 5:24 PM

R50 Doesn't matter how they are enhancing the flavor if they are putting in actual pistachios in the gelato - they're not lying.

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2024 5:25 PM

I bought some pistachio butter once and it didn't taste like much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 8, 2024 5:25 PM

Do almonds really have that much more flavor than pistachios?

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2024 5:26 PM

Ingredients in Tillamook pistachio ice cream:

Skim Milk, Sugar, Cream, Pistachio Butter (pistachios, Canola Oil), Tapioca Syrup, Buttermilk, Egg Yolks, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Sea Salt.

No almonds.

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2024 5:28 PM

Try some almond extract and get back to me on that.

by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2024 5:28 PM

Sorry—that’s Pistachio gelato, not ice cream

by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2024 5:30 PM

Cold Stone Creamery used to be amazing. And by used to be I mean as a young boy who lived in Arizona at the time and went to the very first one in Tempe because that was THE place to go for ice cream. The ice cream was so good and the mix ins were quality ingredients. I won't even eat the stuff now as the quality has decreased to the point that I no longer get the nostalgia feels. It's better than some of the other chains, but that's not saying much. Every time I see one it's a reminder how greed ruins everything.

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2024 5:31 PM

CREAM, SKIM MILK, LIQUID SUGAR (SUGAR, WATER), WATER, PISTACHIOS, EGG YOLKS, SUGAR, COCONUT OIL, GUAR GUM, SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR, CARRAGEENAN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2024 5:32 PM

I didn't like the Cold Stone concept. By the time they were done mixing in all the extras, the texture of the ice cream was ruined. IMO. Also, they had really pedestrian mix-ins, e.g., drugstore chocolate bars.

by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2024 5:33 PM

Haagen Daaz started using corn syrup in their product. No wonder it tastes like garbage now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2024 5:36 PM

A lot of companies (Blue Bell, Turkey Hill, Baskin-Robbins, Breyer's, Blue Bunny) have Pistachio-ALMOND ice cream. (Although Breyer's has to be labeled "Frozen Dessert.")

by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2024 5:36 PM

r60 "Natural flavor" = almond extract.

by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2024 5:37 PM

The Baskin-Robbins pistachio is, IMO, their best flavor.

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2024 5:38 PM

Van Leeuwen pistachio ice cream:

Ingredients: Cream, Milk, Cane Sugar, Egg Yolks, Sicilian Pistachios, Sea Salt.

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2024 5:38 PM

Regarding the pistachio ice cream debate, the poster that said the traditional flavor of pistachio ice cream that was sold in drug stores and ice cream parlors was mostly almond flavoring is correct. But of course pistachio ice cream can certainly be made with pistachios. Whatever. This suit is a waste of time and resources.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2024 5:40 PM

[quote] [R60] "Natural flavor" = almond extract.

Ben & Jerry’s also lists “allergens:” CONTAINS EGG, MILK AND PISTACHIO.

NIH says “ almond allergies are persistent and normally severe and life-threatening”

I don’t think “natural flavor “ is almond extract.

by Anonymousreply 68June 8, 2024 5:45 PM

She looks like a smug bitch.

by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2024 5:49 PM

American Pistachio Growers weigh in:

[quote] Truth squad: Most commercial pistachio ice cream doesn’t even contain pistachios. Manufacturers use almond paste for flavor and green food coloring to produce the hue that consumers expect. Better to educate consumers than to dupe them: Make your pistachio ice cream with real pistachios or pistachio paste and inform patrons that the pale-green color is natural and a sign of purity.

It’s a national disgrace!

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2024 5:53 PM

I'm curling up cradling my cup in self-care about this whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 71June 8, 2024 5:56 PM

I've never understood why pistachio ice cream is green. Pistachios aren't green. Anyway, I hope she wins because it is false advertising if there are no pistachios in pistachio ice cream. It doesn't matter what else it's flavored with. It's supposed to have pistachios IN it.

Cold Stone Creamery ice cream isn't that good anyway. I went to one of their shops with friends who raved about it years ago, and I wasn't impressed. Didn't seem any better than grocery store ice cream, or not as good in some cases.

by Anonymousreply 72June 8, 2024 7:35 PM

Fat whores betrayed!😡

by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2024 7:42 PM

Pistachios are green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2024 7:55 PM

She's trying to channel Nixon in the televised debate with Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2024 8:01 PM

R21- I'm going to sue Hostess because their Raspberry ZIngers have NO raspberries in them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2024 8:06 PM

In 2007 Cold Stone merged with Kahala Corp- that's when the ice cream became dollar store quality. I had some Cold Stone pistachio ice cream with cherries chopped in with real whipped cream on top in a waffle cup in early 2002 the quality of the ice cream and the whipped cream were excellent. Around 2008 I had some again and it was shockingly mediocre. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2024 8:11 PM

Pistachio is my favorite flavor for ice cream. It's a very popular flavor in Italy, and it's wonderful.

I've tried Haagen-Daz and Ben &Jerry's, both awful and have no pistachio flavor.

Real "gelato al pistacchio" is made with ground pistachios. The pistachios are toasted and it deepens the flavor. The most prized pistachios come from Sicily.

This is 100% pistachio paste and nothing else. Note the color. This is what Italian "gelatai" use.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 8, 2024 8:13 PM

Hostess Raspberry Zingers say ARTIFICIALLY FLAVORED right on the box. Good luck with your lawsuit, r76.

Besides, with ingredients like this, who needs raspberries?

WATER, SUGAR, ENRICHED FLOUR (BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, FERROUS SULFATE OR REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, COCONUT, TALLOW, DEXTROSE, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SOYBEAN OIL, EGG, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, CORN STARCH, WHEY, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED TALLOW, SALT, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, BAKING SODA, ENZYMES, SORBIC ACID AND POTASSIUM SORBATE (TO RETAIN FRESHNESS), CELLULOSE GUM, COTTONSEED OIL, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, SOY LECITHIN, XANTHAN GUM, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, FUMARIC ACID, POLYSORBATE 60, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, RED 40, YELLOW 5.

by Anonymousreply 79June 8, 2024 8:19 PM

I’m glad they clarified that the potassium sorbate is “to retain freshness.” Otherwise, I’d have to say “pass.”

by Anonymousreply 80June 8, 2024 8:21 PM

The Hostess Raspberry Zingers contain "tallow", that is, rendered beef fat. That's what makes them so tasty.

by Anonymousreply 81June 8, 2024 8:34 PM

As you can see, r76, they are clearly marked "Artificially Flavored".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 8, 2024 8:36 PM

A Cold Stone Creamery opened a block away from me sometime in the early 2000s. As ice cream is my main qualifier for Fat Whoredom, I was afraid I might find myself there on the daily. So I went in and asked to try two of their ice creams. I don't remember which. The clerk, and the manager, refused to let me buy any ice cream plain. "You have to get mix-ins," each insisted.

Well, I didn't want any mix-ins. As an ice cream aficionado, I wanted to taste the base product before adding anything to it. We went back and forth and back and forth and finally they let me have my plain Cold Stone. Neither flavor had any flavor. It was merely cold and sweet, and I don't recall liking the texture. So Cold Stone did not become the siren call I had feared. I've only eaten there twice, at someone else's insistence.

I'm glad a Haagen-Dazs store didn't open at that corner.

by Anonymousreply 83June 8, 2024 8:38 PM

R76 Obviously doesn't read any packaging (never mind ingredients listed on the back) when selecting his food. He'll eat anything and everything.

by Anonymousreply 84June 8, 2024 8:39 PM

R2, I opened this thread precisely for a comment about those spectacles!

by Anonymousreply 85June 8, 2024 8:40 PM

They are kinda cool. It would be neat if you could get custom colors.

by Anonymousreply 86June 8, 2024 9:02 PM

R83 It’s like the Starbucks of ice cream, crappy on its own so everyone adds a bunch of crap to it.

by Anonymousreply 87June 8, 2024 9:03 PM

Growing up in NYC I would at times get a pistachio gelato and it had lots of real pistachios and it tasted amazing.

by Anonymousreply 88June 8, 2024 9:19 PM

For some reason, Fortune went with a stock “woman enjoying ice cream” photo.

I wonder why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 8, 2024 9:20 PM

R84- You have no sense of humor. I was not being serious at all. You took my post LITERALLY.

by Anonymousreply 90June 8, 2024 9:39 PM

In my hometown, there is a local scandal about a seafood restaurant that got caught by the feds for selling "locally fresh caught fish," when in reality it was frozen fish of a totally different species. People came to their defense, saying things like "it still tasted great," but that's the point.

If someone likes the almond & floral flavored neon green ice cream, great. However, a reasonable person might also expect an ice cream named after a nut to actually contain them. If the consumer is being lied to and defrauded when they are being advertised something misleading, it is illegal.

by Anonymousreply 91June 9, 2024 3:53 AM

This thread about a human cartoon character suing Cold Stone Creamery for failing to include pistachios in their pistachio ice cream reminds me why I can’t quit DL. I never thought there was so much to know about pistachios, or transparency in the name of ice cream ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2024 4:47 AM

She’s a he. Talk about false advertising. We should file a class action suit!

by Anonymousreply 93June 9, 2024 4:59 AM

I just checked the ingredients for my pistachio macarons. Has both almond flour and pistachio paste. But all macarons have almond flour.

by Anonymousreply 94June 9, 2024 5:52 AM

He/she is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 95June 9, 2024 6:51 AM

R93 Oh dear. Apparent now.

by Anonymousreply 96June 9, 2024 6:54 AM

It’s going to be so expensive going through all of the receipts that people will need to prove that they ate some ice cream there so they can receive their two-scoop settlement.

by Anonymousreply 97June 9, 2024 7:08 AM

Starting to wonder if Keebler employees are merely short people.

by Anonymousreply 98June 9, 2024 7:59 AM

That's one ugly dude.

by Anonymousreply 99June 9, 2024 1:36 PM

You don’t need receipts for this kind of class action. I was part of a similar class action and you just need to attest online that you purchased X product in X year.

by Anonymousreply 100June 9, 2024 2:50 PM

I was part of a class action settlement when a lab I had used was hacked and all the data stolen.

I got almost $8!

by Anonymousreply 101June 9, 2024 2:54 PM

I think there’s going to be a lot of false attesting going on. After all, if the pistachio is fake, what confidence can we have the Birthday Cake ice cream has real birthday cake?

by Anonymousreply 102June 9, 2024 2:57 PM

R18 That’s not always true.

by Anonymousreply 103June 9, 2024 3:06 PM

Cold Stone Ice Cream sucks.

by Anonymousreply 104June 9, 2024 3:14 PM

Next you'll be telling us there are no actual Girl Scouts in Girl Scout Cookies.

by Anonymousreply 105June 9, 2024 4:04 PM

R105 you do realize Girl Scout is the name of the brand and not a type or favor of cookie?

by Anonymousreply 106June 9, 2024 4:06 PM

R105 How do they make baby oil?

by Anonymousreply 107June 9, 2024 4:11 PM

[quote] [R105] you do realize Girl Scout is the name of the brand and not a type or favor of cookie?

Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 108June 9, 2024 4:20 PM

For r106

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 9, 2024 4:22 PM

R90 Your sense of humor fell tits over ass. No one thinks you're funny.

by Anonymousreply 110June 9, 2024 4:24 PM

R110- Wrong

at least four people agree with me.

by Anonymousreply 111June 9, 2024 4:53 PM

R111 They agreed but didn't laugh.

by Anonymousreply 112June 9, 2024 5:00 PM

R112 lol. Iconic. I’m using that one.

by Anonymousreply 113June 9, 2024 5:07 PM

I would argue though the lawsuit seems without merit-

What happens if you don’t call out this kind of stuff is then food companies become even further emboldened to swap for synthetic ingredients flavor and fragrances, we don’t really notice or care, and will encroach or compete toe to toe with others that produce the real thing, and corner the market en mass with it, essentially charging just as much for the fake than what the real costs, pocketing the profit of the difference.

Breakfast syrup rather than maple syrup is an excellent example, it’s as if half of the consumers don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 114June 9, 2024 5:11 PM

They literally could’ve avoided this by dropping about a dollar’s worth of pistachio in every batch.

by Anonymousreply 115June 9, 2024 5:13 PM

R113 When everything is iconic, nothing is iconic.

by Anonymousreply 116June 9, 2024 5:28 PM

R116 They WW’d but didn’t laugh.

by Anonymousreply 117June 9, 2024 6:12 PM

Cold Stone's butter pecan has no nuts in it either. I was with someone who had a cup and I took a taste. It really is garbage ice cream. I'm not sure that it's even ice cream from a legal standpoint. Wasn't Breyer's forced to change their labeling from ice cream to frozen dessert product or something similar because it didn't have cream in it?

by Anonymousreply 118June 9, 2024 7:37 PM

Is she also suing Buffalo Wild Wings because their wings contain chicken but no buffalo?

by Anonymousreply 119June 9, 2024 7:46 PM

R118 No nuts? Imagine having a nut allergy and being able to eat butter pecan. Thank you, overpriced Coldstone.

by Anonymousreply 120June 9, 2024 7:47 PM

CSC opened a number of locations in my are around 2005-06. I went once and thought it was 'ok' - never went back. As of today, only one remains open.

by Anonymousreply 121June 9, 2024 7:57 PM

Pistachio ice cream was always flavored with almond.

by Anonymousreply 122June 9, 2024 8:02 PM

r119=Jessica Simpson

by Anonymousreply 123June 9, 2024 8:03 PM

We should sue Meghan Markle for selling re labeled Bonne Maman. It’s not even true, I just don’t like her.

by Anonymousreply 124June 9, 2024 8:06 PM

[quote] Cold Stone's butter pecan has no nuts in it either.

Seriously? That's so pathetic. That's a flavor where you'd expect to bite into a few chunks of pecans.

by Anonymousreply 125June 9, 2024 8:45 PM

Exactly Cold Stone is a place I went once. Never again. I don’t understand how they survive.

by Anonymousreply 126June 9, 2024 8:48 PM

R119 But I believe someone successfully won a lawsuit against a chicken spot offering a sale on wings but only for boneless. Boneless wings are not wings.

by Anonymousreply 127June 9, 2024 8:51 PM

People must like the mix-in gimmick.

I remember we all loved Steve’s Ice Cream in Somerville MA for the mix-ins which was new to us at the time, but ultimately I find it a net negative. I take my ice cream straight, like my men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 9, 2024 8:58 PM

If they read the label closely, they'll see that it says it has real pisstachio as promised.

And it do. Buckets of it. Go ahead. Test it.

Insider tip: Don't touch the Cherry Fudge Swirl.

by Anonymousreply 129June 9, 2024 9:32 PM

^Mold Bone Dreamery

by Anonymousreply 130June 9, 2024 9:33 PM

^Stone Fag Creamering

by Anonymousreply 131June 9, 2024 9:34 PM

^Old Bone Crematorium

Such a corporate "top marketers" brand.

by Anonymousreply 132June 9, 2024 9:35 PM

I don't mind mix-ins if it's already mixed in. I just don't want someone "chopping up" my ice cream while it melts on the board and all the texture is removed.

by Anonymousreply 133June 9, 2024 9:38 PM

The person in the photo isn't even the one filing the suit. Talk about truth in advertising.

[quote]Erica Love Botmow was surprised to learn her pistachio ice cream contained no real pistachios but said she still liked the taste.

by Anonymousreply 134June 9, 2024 9:51 PM

If ingredients are included when the ice cream is made, they are not mix-ins.

by Anonymousreply 135June 9, 2024 9:55 PM

I beg your pardon, but nobody promised you a Rose garden.

by Anonymousreply 136June 9, 2024 9:56 PM

Well, I would consider the cookie dough in Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream to be a mix-in.

by Anonymousreply 137June 9, 2024 10:08 PM

R134’s discovery turn thus thread upside down!

by Anonymousreply 138June 9, 2024 10:08 PM

[quote] Well, I would consider the cookie dough in Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream to be a mix-in.

I think “mix-in” means something added at the time the ice cream is served, not included when it was manufactured.

by Anonymousreply 139June 9, 2024 10:10 PM

R134 The plaintiff who filed the lawsuit is the woman in the photo - Jenna Marie Duncan. Not sure what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 140June 9, 2024 11:29 PM

To be fair, the pistachios would probably be the only way to distinguish that "flavor" from any of the others.

by Anonymousreply 141June 9, 2024 11:38 PM

No, the caption identifies the woman in the photo as someone else.

by Anonymousreply 142June 10, 2024 12:06 AM

I hope they counter-sue.

by Anonymousreply 143June 10, 2024 12:20 AM

This is also true of all the"truffle" flavoring you are eating. They're prohibitively expensive in real life.

by Anonymousreply 144June 10, 2024 12:23 AM

Counter-sue for what ? For really having pistachios in their ice cream ?

by Anonymousreply 145June 10, 2024 12:52 AM

The caption is a photo credit, and identifies the photographer.

by Anonymousreply 146June 10, 2024 12:59 AM

Judgement for the plaintiff in the amount of 10,000 pistachios.

by Anonymousreply 147June 10, 2024 1:05 AM

[quote]The caption is a photo credit, and identifies the photographer.

No, the photo credit is Samantha Max. If you click on the "I" in the bottom right of the photo, it displays a caption.

by Anonymousreply 148June 10, 2024 1:33 AM

Did she have to buy another ice cream for the photo shoot? If so does she get twice the payout?

by Anonymousreply 149June 10, 2024 1:38 AM

Sure enough, r148, thank you.

The unusual name impelled me to Google and I wish I hadn’t.

by Anonymousreply 150June 10, 2024 1:43 AM

^that’s not her. She’s from California.

by Anonymousreply 151June 10, 2024 2:49 AM

Figures the Datalounge Detective & Consumer Protection Agency would know all about ice cream and lunch box treats. And probably a lot about eating ass.

And R84 is not funny.

by Anonymousreply 152June 10, 2024 4:37 AM

R152 = R76

by Anonymousreply 153June 10, 2024 12:01 PM

R152 Is a straight cunt scolding bitch, go oil your old dried up snatch bitch.

by Anonymousreply 154June 10, 2024 3:52 PM

[quote]The unusual name impelled me to Google and I wish I hadn’t.

Oh, I see. She's a businesswoman.

by Anonymousreply 155June 10, 2024 4:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!