Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What to expect in your 40s?

Graying? Erectile dysfunction? Anything good?

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2024 1:12 PM

A sense of self worth. Financial stability. Good friends. Travel.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2024 8:11 AM

Very good, better than my 30s not as good as my 50s and now 60s.

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2024 11:32 AM

A useful set of skills, professional and social.

Romance if you want it and want to work at it.

The foundations of financial security.

A sense of what’s important and what’s not.

Knowing who you are.

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2024 11:44 AM

At the top of the road and looking into the steep decline.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2024 12:46 PM

The forties were great for me, ushering in financial and professional stability and a house, relationship, and two dogs. They didn’t end like I expected, since I turned 50 in the summer of 2020. But even with the craziness since then, the 50s have been really great. You stop worrying about others, accept limitations, and chill out.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2024 12:56 PM

Becoming invisible 🫥 in the bars and clubs.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2024 1:11 PM

Hate to be Debbie Downer, but in your 40s, your body starts paying for the sins of the 20s. So, if you haven't been taking care of yourself, definitely start now. Metabolism changes, so your diet will need to also. On the good side of that is that I've started developing tastes for healthier foods that I did not like in my youth.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2024 1:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!