Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DLers who work out every day

Or almost every day: how often do you shampoo your hair?

by Anonymousreply 51July 16, 2024 11:53 AM

Rinse immediately in shower to get sweat and dirt out. Shampoo and condition as needed. Needs vary by hair type/thickness.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2024 7:35 AM

Also, you know you need a shampoo when your hair feels overly greasy to the point where you'd think it is holding dirt and smells. The oil on your hair themselves aren't bad, it's the dirt and impurities that gets stuck in that oil. That's why it's important to rinse instead of using shampoo to strip your hair of natural oils.

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2024 7:36 AM

I am a sweaty betty, so I have to shampoo pretty much every time post gym otherwise my head stinks. I use a gentle, SLS-free brand, in the hopes it’s not too stripping. Even if I just wash with conditioner, when it dries, I can still smell the sweat.

If it’s a mediocre workout or my hair early fries on the way home, I can sometimes get away with using dry shampoo.

When my hair was longer, almost shoulder length, it was less of an issue because I presume the perspiration went down the length of the hair shaft and partially evaporated off. But post chemo my hair is short and it’s even more damp.

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2024 7:38 AM

It’s urban air pollution that has me washing daily.

Of course, I also find heavy smoking of high-stink weed and tobacco compliments my workouts tremendously.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2024 7:47 AM

I too shampoo after using public transport, r4.

My personal trainer has an impressive mop of curls which he told me he only shampoos weekly using the “curly girl method”. He also claims it doesn’t smell. I agree with him, but I am lying, because he’s a nice dude and has improved my fitness substantially.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2024 7:57 AM

You should shampoo your heads every day, pigs.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2024 8:05 AM

* If it’s a mediocre workout or my hair dries early on the way home

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2024 8:09 AM

"Hair"?

On my HEAD?

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2024 8:11 AM

I don’t have hair on my head. Makes things a little easier.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2024 9:21 AM

People who don't bath and wash their hair are slobs and skanks, trainers are not someone to take advice from, they aren't really doing anything, just playing around pretending,

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2024 2:53 PM

R8/9 do bald folks shampoo their scalps? Or do you use regular facial cleanser?

by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2024 2:14 PM

I shampoo every day.

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2024 2:49 PM

R1, your hair varies?

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2024 2:56 PM

Daily makes no sense; you’d strip the oils away.

I work out every day and use shampoo every second or third day, depending.

Rinsing your hair in the shower does a sufficient job in between.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2024 3:02 PM

Rinse with clean water after a workout, shampoo once a week.

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2024 4:21 PM

Yes r24, let's get our filthy habits from Today.com, fucking bathe every fucking day, YOU FUCKING STINK, has society sunk to the lowest level, you're humans not animals, it is not acceptable you filthy POS.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2024 1:50 PM

Daily. If I don't wash my hair every day, it turns into a greasy mess.

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2024 2:39 PM

I don’t think it’s necessary, or even advisable, for most people to shampoo everyday. Its a combination of how active you are, how much oil your scalp produces, and the texture of your hair which determines this.

It should also be said that most people, men with shorter hair use too much shampoo. Like with laundry detergents, many people think more is better which is not the case. For most short hairstyles, a dime to quarter sized amount of shampoo is correct.

The type of shampoo and conditioner you use plays a big role as well. Products that contain sulfates and silicones are harsher on your hair, and people with curlier hair types would benefit from buying products which don’t contain these ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2024 3:04 PM

How lucky you all are to have hair to wash.

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2024 3:10 PM

Every morning for work. Shampoo/conditioner.

A second time after working out in the evening, before bed.

I'll take a third shower/shampoo on wierd days or weekends where I've sweated again after needing to be cleaned up for an event.

Stinky BO or hair is gross, and yes--if you're not cleaning with soap regularly you stink even if you can't smell it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2024 3:23 PM

As if there has ever been anyone on DL who works out every day.

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2024 3:27 PM

Washing your hair every day can lead to hair loss. You can condition every day, but wash once a week

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2024 5:16 PM

If your head sweats you need to shampoo it.

Use something conditioning if you're worried about "stripping the oil" from you scalp which is utter nonsense anyway. This doesn't determine the health of your hair or scalp. Who wants to walk around with smelly grease head? I smell this on fraus who wash their hair once a week and think they're doing themselves a favour. Even though they shower daily the smell of their dirty hair is overwhelming. It makes me gag. Don't be that person.

If you must, wash it every other day, but no less than that. On non wash days use J&J pure corn starch with aloe on your roots to absorb the extra oil. Do not use dry shampoo as it contains benzene which is known to be cancerous.

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2024 6:21 PM

So many misinformations and scare tactics, ignore the reactionaries, but you gullible shallow gays will not sad

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2024 6:34 PM

What scare tactics r24?

The only thing scary is your command of the English language.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2024 6:45 PM

Use Prell every single day. Twice if necessary

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2024 7:40 PM

I use that apricot scrub on my whole head.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2024 11:52 PM

Everybody's working out yet everyone is on pills for weight loss, and getting fatter, there's a problem there I think

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2024 9:21 PM

Who has time to work out everyday when you have a demanding stressful job like mine? I used to run 10 miles a day and go to the gym all the time. Now I sit on video calls all day and get yelled at and get fat. Fuck you Covid! I want my old life back.

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2024 2:20 AM

Skip the cardio r29, total waste of time. Weights and stretches, get your heart rate high, in and out of the gym in 45m.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2024 11:39 PM

I don't work out much but I have washed my hair every day since high school (about 45 years). I usually use the same plain, mild soap I use to wash myself with.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2024 11:44 PM

Joke's on you. I work out every day and I'm bald.

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2024 11:48 PM

The hair washing is incidental for me, as my main goals are to wash my ass and front bits. I don’t know how people survive not washing those regions daily.

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2024 11:52 PM

I workout regularly and wash my hair every 3-4 days. Shower everyday and wash my bits. I use hair powder or sea salt spray.

by Anonymousreply 34July 15, 2024 12:08 AM

Depends on the workout. I shower every day, and certainly after a workout, but don't always shampoo my hair. Excessive hair-washing is, well, excessive. Depends on where I'm going, if I'm heading out for the evening, etc., of course. My basic rule is, if I feel icky putting my head on my pillow I'll opt for the hair-wash.

by Anonymousreply 35July 15, 2024 12:25 AM

I have a buzzcut, so I just use the same bodywash I use everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2024 12:23 PM

If you sweat a lot from a workout, you should shampoo your hair afterwards. .

I swim laps and the chlorine and chemicals in the pool dry my hair out, so I wear a swim cap and shampoo with a shampoo designed to remove that gunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2024 1:05 PM

I didn't realize so many people don't wash their hair daily or almost daily.

by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2024 3:14 PM

I mean is the hair not on the body, and don't you wash your body?

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2024 3:15 PM

Just put some Lume on it. It’s a million times better than washing your ass!

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2024 3:34 PM

Yes. But I'm a blonde and my hair looks greasy if I don't wash it with shampoo daily. Plus I'm 55 and still have a full head of hair, so I gotta take care of this precious asset while it's still around!

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2024 7:16 PM

Daily, sometimes twice with a gentle shampoo and conditioner. I have a full head of hair at 68.

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2024 7:41 PM

Every day. I workout every day and sweat a lot. Wash my hair every day even if I don't work out.

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2024 7:51 PM

Not me, r28. I'm not on any weight loss drugs. I lost 100 lbs with diet and exercise alone. I look and feel amazing.

r23, I am totally with you. I know so many women who, for some reason, started this "I'm only washing my hair once a week" thing and they STINK. One friend only showers 2 times a week. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2024 7:54 PM

"DLers who work out every day"

This. Never. Happens.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2024 8:11 PM

As a person who was taught to follow directions: I wash and then rinse. And then repeat. So, I again wash, then rinse. Then repeat the wash, the rinse... I have no time to work out every day.

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2024 8:45 PM

r45, I beg to differ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 15, 2024 10:36 PM

What hair, OP?

by Anonymousreply 48July 16, 2024 1:40 AM

Stunning and brave, R47.

by Anonymousreply 49July 16, 2024 8:14 AM

I wash my hair every other day but it sometimes makes me feel self conscious. It's more of a "what if it smells to other people?" thing than it actually smelling. I asked my mum once if she thought it smelt OK -- she's very honest and she said it was fine.

I think you'd need to get quite close to someone to be able to smell their hair anyway and I like to keep my distance from the unwashed masses.

by Anonymousreply 50July 16, 2024 10:50 AM

Oh honey, all those roided out queens are bald.

by Anonymousreply 51July 16, 2024 11:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!