Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever had to quit a job because you HATED your boss?

How did it go?

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2024 2:37 AM

I quit. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2024 10:31 PM

I did. I hated my boss so much that I had to change my dog's name. It went ok, I got a job at a place where I had worked previously and enjoyed but it was a different department and awful. I got fired on day 89 and my next job (my current one of 4.5 years) is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2024 10:31 PM

You appear to have had a lot of drama in your life ..jeez.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2024 10:33 PM

Yes and I got him fired when I left by spilling the beans about his awful, homophobic behavior when I was doing my exit interview.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2024 10:34 PM

Yes, but there were other things at play. My rent had gone significantly, so I was looking to move, as well. (The real estate market had suddenly changed.) I also found another job that required me to move to a new town. My new job paid more, but I liked my old location (city where I lived) better.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2024 10:34 PM

The boss refused to can a guy making everyone’s lives hell. Due to this and several other things on the horizon, I quit after nearly 30 years.

The new job pays better and I’m not micromanaged. Same city, though, so I’ll still see that drip around.

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2024 10:38 PM

You live in Smallville?

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2024 10:39 PM

No, I quit because my boss was using client money to cover payroll and if the Feds found out about it there would be some unfortunate problems (I'm talking like 6 digits kind of money from publicly-traded companies).

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2024 10:41 PM

R7 - When I was living in London I would randomly run into people I knew, that kind of thing hardly only happens in small towns.

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2024 10:43 PM

Ok , Harry.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2024 10:47 PM

So, there's the story about Sir Thomas Beecham in Fortnum's & Mason (or wherever), and this grandly-dressed lady comes rushing up to him, and starts talking to him like they've known each other for years. And he's thinking, 'Who the fuck is this?', and she's going on about what's on in town, and her brother is sooo busy because of that. And that's his opportunity to try to figure out who she is, so he says 'so, what is you brother doing nowadays?' And she looks at him strangely and says, "well, he's still king'.

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2024 10:53 PM

Yes. She was evil, and I'm not using a metaphor. The entire staff applied to transfer to another school. All but four were granted and our team was dispersed throughout the district. Then, only a few weeks into the following term, the evil one was promoted to central office.

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2024 11:05 PM

Several, but I am unstable- or was in my prime working years. Now in my 50s, I just go along with whatever the boss wants. I just don’t care about the job very much.

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2024 11:10 PM

Yeah it’s easier not to fight the boss.

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2024 11:13 PM

I should have, but the pay and benefits were good, as were my colleagues at my level, so I kept telling myself it would get better. It never did.

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2024 11:17 PM

You can also outlast shitty bosses. It can be a carousel of varying dumb-assery.

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2024 11:19 PM

I've had so many shitty bosses over the years yet I'm still here 30 plus years thriving. They are out there selling apples on the street corners peddling their "changes and transformation" and cuntery. Fuck them and their fancy titles.

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2024 11:58 PM

I learned that the biggest assholes are on LinkedIn promoting their management styles and all the WONDERFUL things they do. “It’s pizza day!”

Fuck LinkedIn.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2024 1:27 AM

R12, I wouldn’t believe you, except I am a public school teacher.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2024 1:39 AM

Yep. And it was very difficult, followed by a trying time of readjusting, restarting and growing up more. But, oh, it was so worth it eventually and led me to the much happier professional and personal circumstances in which I find myself in my life now.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2024 1:41 AM

I had a really horrible boss 7 years ago. The guy was the biggest egomaniac ever. I almost quit a few times but I'm glad I stuck it out because he was soon "bought out" by the other two partners and he was gone. The guys who took over were much better and I've been with the company 8 years now.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2024 2:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!