Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

32 years ago three women vanished in Springfield,MO

The Springfield Three refers to an unsolved missing persons case that began on June 7, 1992, when friends Suzanne "Suzie" Streeter and Stacy McCall, and Streeter's mother, Sherrill Levitt, went missing from Levitt's home in Springfield, Missouri, United States. All of their personal belongings, including cars and purses, were left behind. There were no signs of a struggle except a broken porch light globe; there was also a message on the answering machine that police believe might have provided a clue about the disappearances, but it was inadvertently erased.

In 1997, Robert Craig Cox, a convicted kidnapper and robber, claimed that he knew the women had been murdered and that their bodies would never be recovered. Neither their whereabouts nor their remains have ever been discovered. No investigators in the case believe Cox has any credibility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 12:11 AM

This is my #1 missing persons case. It's so strange and mysterious.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2024 9:05 PM

Nobody knows, OP

You keep harping on this.

Nobody knew then, nobody knows now.

No matter how any times you post about it, nobody knows.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2024 9:26 PM

^Found the killer.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2024 11:49 PM

It was likely drug-related. Suzie ran with a really rough crowd, and I think she saw or knew something. And when the perpetrator(s) learned Suzie was talking to the cops and was going to testify against her grave robbing boyfriend, she became a target.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2024 2:13 AM

r4 that's what I've always believed. It's a plausible motive. Suzie was the main target and it was well known that she told her mother everything so they had to get rid of Sherrill too. Stacy was unfortunately just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't think this case is ever going to be solved.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2024 2:19 AM

What did John Ashcroft know and when did he know it?

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2024 3:22 AM

I still say Robert Craig Cox did it. He was at his parents house just blocks away from their house. He said that he knows that they’re dead but won’t say more until his mother dies. He’s currently in prison.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2024 3:33 AM

Interesting stuff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2024 10:28 PM

Does Hillary have a solid alibi?

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2024 12:11 AM

I don't think this case is ever going to be solved. After so many years, it's likely that the person who committed the crime is no longer alive.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 12:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!