Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Frosty in White: Queen Camilla Repeatedly REBUFFS Brigitte Macron's Attemps at Hand-Holding

Funny how Camilla keeps backing away, and eventually has to do the "Bitch, get your claws off me" move. They were laying wreaths at Normandy.

I wonder if they'll ever face each other down about who has the weirder origin story to their marriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 12, 2024 2:20 AM

Camiller is such a cunt, oh my god.

She did look amazing in that outfit, however.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2024 7:08 PM

Camilla is pissed because Brigitte Macron wore white.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2024 7:14 PM

I guess you're not supposed to touch royalty. But Camilla is not real royalty; she's just fake royalty--filling in for Diana.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2024 7:17 PM

And this is the bitch who'll be running the island once Charles kicks it? The Brits are so fucked.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2024 7:19 PM

Such a couple of cold dead fish those two... "Camilla could be heard mumbling as they walked away, "No, homo, Brigitte"

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2024 7:24 PM

Camilla should have acted warmly and shown a bit of the common touch, which she as a commoner should be familiar with, to try to quietly show that the royal family wishes a closer connection to the continent.

It was a diplomatic chance wasted because “The Rottweiler” demanded deference.

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2024 7:31 PM

The point of the ceremony is to honor the dead. Handholding is all the more weird and inappropriate on such an occasion.

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2024 7:35 PM

R4 No, Camilla won't be running anything when Charles dies. William will become king, Kate queen, and Camilla will simply become the dowager queen.

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2024 7:36 PM

R5, lol

Good one!

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2024 7:38 PM

It must be a breach of protocol on Camilla's part to offend the wife of a foreign head of state. Especially at a memorial ceremony in that foreign country.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2024 7:44 PM

@r8, Do you know what a millisecond is? Upon his father's death it's the time it takes William to kick the old skank to the curb

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2024 8:15 PM

Cammy must wear a hat to protect her porcelain skin.

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2024 8:18 PM

What a bitch. The hand-holding, I can see how she might not want to hold hands for a long time.

But notice how quickly she (Camilla) turned away from the wall where the wreaths were. She should have let Macron make the first move to step away from the wall.

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2024 8:30 PM

It’s a wreath laying for the dead. It’s not a time for the French first lady to force hand holding in an attempt to draw attention to herself. The royal family does this kind of honor frequently and realise it’s a somber ceremony not a time for attention grabbing.

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2024 8:35 PM

^ Well, maybe in France, where the actual D-Day invasion occurred, it's a sign of solidarity, friendship and humanity. If Camilla were worth her salt as a political wife she would know to bend to the customs and protocols of the host nation

Once again Camilla just proves what a low-class peasant she really is

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2024 9:08 PM

Camilla looks all stiff, literally, too. The way she walks, like a zombie. I don't think she could have even crouched down, like Macron did, to lay the wreaths.

Camilla looks horrible. I wonder how William really feels about her.

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2024 9:12 PM

R4 are you pretending to be really fucking stupid or are you just really fucking stupid?

“So fucked” indeed. You, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2024 9:27 PM

It was like this behind the scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2024 9:31 PM

What is that on Brigitte's head? Look like theater curtains.

by Anonymousreply 19June 7, 2024 9:34 PM

Tomorrow's Daily Fail headline...

"Brigitte Farts, Queen Camilla Forced to Keep Her Distance"

by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2024 9:54 PM

Camilla WISHES she could be like either one of those two ladies on Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 21June 7, 2024 9:58 PM

Maybe QC believes the ludicrous "trans woman" rumors

by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2024 10:02 PM

What year did Brigitte last eat?

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2024 10:05 PM

R6, Camilla would first need to be capable of being warm, let alone ACTING warm. She’s a cold, calculating cunt. Ambitious, disloyal to anyone other than herself. Oh, plus she’s racist AF. I’m surprised she wore a white hat instead of a white hood.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2024 10:06 PM

In my dreams, Brigette touched her on purpose, because, as R3 so eloquently stated, Camilla is NOT royalty. Not really.

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2024 10:09 PM

Example of Camilla being racist, please, R24.

The two people who I know who have met her socially (separately) described Camilla as being warm, down to earth, funny and friendly.

Perhaps you know her better, R24.

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2024 10:14 PM

Dancing with Kenyan women:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2024 10:24 PM

This ceremony was to honor the fallen and also to show the west as a unified front against tyranny. It seems Camilla could have bent the ridiculous royal rules in order to transmit that important message.

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2024 10:42 PM

@r27, Those are subjects, not the same as putting her buddy Jeremy Clarkson up to writing racist diatribes about her daughter-in-law

Oh yes she did, lunch with Her Cuntress on Friday to poop-flinging article on Sunday. The whole world saw it and knows it

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2024 10:46 PM

Let's face it ... Diana would have held Brigitte Macron's hand, no problem. Diana would have understood what the ceremony was about.

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2024 11:02 PM

Off with her hands!

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2024 11:02 PM

R8 really? Are you quite sure?

by Anonymousreply 32June 7, 2024 11:09 PM

Hand-holding at its best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2024 11:09 PM

Modi looks like he just rolled out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 34June 7, 2024 11:11 PM

@r33, Better example

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 7, 2024 11:14 PM

R11 Yes, precious, I do understand and I agree that she's toast the moment Chuckles kicks the bucket. That doesn't change the fact that she gets the title.

by Anonymousreply 36June 7, 2024 11:15 PM

^ Well, snotface, who said anything about titles. It was meant to be a joke you humorless cunt

by Anonymousreply 37June 7, 2024 11:19 PM

I hate people who try to foist themselves upon me with physical "affection." Fuck off with the hand holding, Brigitte. Camilla is a stoic Brit, she doesn't do that touchy-feely shit.

by Anonymousreply 38June 7, 2024 11:24 PM

No, R36, you obviously don’t understand, but do keep digging. It’s entertaining.

Queen Camilla won’t be “running the island”, as you so quaintly put it, when Charles dies. The monarchy passes to his eldest child, the Prince of Wales.

Camilla will be Queen Camilla, which is what she is now. No power, but plenty of retirement funds.

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2024 11:30 PM

@r38, She's a drunken old skank

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2024 11:32 PM

[quote] Let's face it ... Diana would have held Brigitte Macron's hand, no problem. Diana would have understood what the ceremony was about.

Diana is DEAD!

And Camilla the Cat is alive... ALIVE!

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2024 11:36 PM

Diplomacy involves not giving offence, which in this case was clearly given by Camilla (repeatedly). Instead of honoring the dead she managed to completely reverse the idea of the moment.

The only one who would have managed worse would be Liz Truss (and only by killing Madame Macron the next day or so).

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2024 11:40 PM

[italic]Mauvais contact, [/italic] Brigitte!

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2024 11:42 PM

It's 2024, and it's fairly well agreed upon by this time in Western culture that [bold]no one[/bold] has to hold hands or be kissed by anyone if they don't want to.

That is especially true for the Queen of the United Kingdom, given that the protocol is quite clear that you absolutely do not touch her or her husband. It is disrespectful to their office. Mme. Macron was absolutely in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2024 11:47 PM

R39 That's what I said in R8. Are you high?

She will be queen dowager, which carries no power but is a title given to the widow of a king.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 7, 2024 11:54 PM

^ Her title will be "Old Skank Who lives in the Park"

by Anonymousreply 46June 7, 2024 11:58 PM

Don't you touch me, don't you ever touch me!

by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2024 1:36 AM

[quote]And this is the bitch who'll be running the island once Charles kicks it? The Brits are so fucked.

Camilla will be running nothing. As heir to the throne, William will be king. As the former wife of the now deceased Charles, Camilla will assume the role of Dowager Queen spending her time sitting in the drawing room with her gin and tonic asking, "What's a weekend?"

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2024 1:57 AM

It’s always entertaining to see Americans pontificating on a subject about which they know so very little.

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2024 3:12 AM

^ It's always fun to watch 3rd world Brits act like they're not Europe's poor, embarrassing relations who are barely tolerated in a world that's moved on

by Anonymousreply 50June 8, 2024 3:16 AM

^ Ha, ha Britain is Europe's trailer trash 😂

by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2024 3:17 AM

We offered Putin a trade Great Britain for Ukraine, but he turned us down 🤣

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2024 3:19 AM

In the photo at OP, it looks like the two ladies go to the same hair colorist.

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2024 3:25 AM

Poor Brigitte was just trying to teach old horseface to count to three with her hoof

by Anonymousreply 54June 8, 2024 3:29 AM

r53 It actually looks like the opposite of that. Quite different tones.

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2024 4:14 AM

R53. If they go to the same colourist, Camilla goes in person while Brigitte uses the drop-off service.

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2024 4:40 AM

I think pretty much anyone would find it weird under any circumstances to have hand holding forced on you by someone you barely know and know only professionally. Imagine a work colleague forced that on you AND forced it on you while you are representing your country in honouring its dead.

Camilla, like the other royals, would have known she would be crucified for any misstep or frivolity while laying the wreath. The weird one is Brigitte for trying not once but twice to attract attention to herself while also putting a relative stranger in an uncomfortable position. It would be a creepy and attention seeking thing to do under any circumstances, but especially under these

As for how Saint Diana would have handled it, the one time she got some of the criticism she deserved was when she and Sarah Ferguson giggled through part of the wreath laying at the Cenotaph.

by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2024 4:51 AM

There's so much intricate wiggery going on with Brigid, I have no idea what's her real hair and what are the hair extensions. Camille's fluffy hair looks much more natural in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2024 4:53 AM

r57 Just stop with that shit. There was so much footage yesterday of male presidents and prime ministers holding hands with the veterans and crying together, your argument falls completely flat. Normally I'd agree with you, but yesterday was different.

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2024 4:55 AM

#TeamBrigitte - who is thinner, funnier, more fashionable and has a fucking STUD as a husband.

Suck grapes Camilla and that withered old dick.

by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2024 4:56 AM

Mme Macron should stop trying to look like some eternal girl. She could look to Jill Biden for inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2024 4:56 AM

[quote]Britain is Europe's trailer trash

Maybe Western Europe's trailer trash. There's plenty of competition as you go farther east.

by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2024 4:58 AM

R57. Please post photos of leaders doing that during the honouring of the dead. Please post photos of the make leaders walking hand in hand . I assume you have those? That would be striking to see. You can use the next post to do that.

You can also confirm you’re American in that post.

by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2024 4:59 AM

Men showing affection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2024 5:06 AM

Macron and Trudeau are vastly more popular on Datalounge than in their respective countries.

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2024 5:19 AM

Madame Macron is a sex pest

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2024 5:31 AM

Macron was in the wrong. Camilla was backing away from the memorial to show respect. Brigitte immediately turned her back on the memorial and kept trying to grab Camilla's hand as she was still backing away. You can tell by the way she turns on her heel when she's finished that the backing away was intentional and probably even entailed a certain number of steps before she was "allowed" to finally turn away. Meanwhile, Madame Macron kept grabbing at her. Insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2024 5:34 AM

[quote] I guess you're not supposed to touch royalty

Remember when Kate Middleton single-handedly sunk the Queen’s beloved Commonwealth by only touching black children behind a fence?

It’s all PR, and you gotta play the game. Liz and Diana would never. Even Anne would play along. Camilla is a parvenu and a dolt.

by Anonymousreply 68June 8, 2024 5:42 AM

In this particular white-off, Camilla is the sure winner, her jacket is blindingly white. Arctic white, almost blue. She outwhited Brigitte, easily.

by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2024 5:45 AM

It doesn;t matter if the prime ministers touch each other or hold hands or embrace one another's heads. They are not kings and queens.

The rules are different for actual kings and queens. You simply do not touch them. Their bodies represent their entire nation--to touch them is to sully the nations they represent.

It does not matter if today is a special day, or if the presidents and prime ministers are for today fondling each other or sticking their tongues down one another's throat.

You do not touch the king or the queen.

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2024 5:58 AM

Grandmama just needed a ciggie!

Lay off, French BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 71June 8, 2024 6:09 AM

“Just think: If I had taught you in any other country in the West, I would be in jail right now instead of the Elysses Palace!”

by Anonymousreply 72June 8, 2024 6:16 AM

Of course you assume that I’m British, R50 and R51. How very American of you.

Not everyone who speaks English and isn’t American is British.

by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2024 6:17 AM

[quote] The rules are different for actual kings and queens.... Their bodies represent their entire nation--to touch them is to sully the nations they represent.

MARY.

by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2024 6:20 AM

@r73, Actually I just assumed you were a moron, unfortunately on DL that usually goes hand in hand* (see what I did there?) with being British

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2024 7:00 AM

R68. What kind of moron are you?

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2024 7:04 AM

Perfectly proving my point, R75!

Fuck, some of you are beyond imbecilic.

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2024 7:11 AM

Seems there's more to the hand-holding than anyone suspects. Maybe Manu and Brigitte know how to handle the more cloddish of world leaders

@r77, It didn't prove anything other than your feeble attempts at low-level swipes of people far above your station

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 8, 2024 7:14 AM

R 77. Can you confirm that you are American? And also deeply stupid?

by Anonymousreply 79June 8, 2024 7:33 AM

^ It's r77, genius 🙄

by Anonymousreply 80June 8, 2024 7:36 AM

[quote]The rules are different for actual kings and queens. You simply do not touch them. Their bodies represent their entire nation--to touch them is to sully the nations they represent.

Camilla’s white coat represents the loo roll and sanitary products sullying Britain’s post Brexit waterways. It was decent of La Macron to “go there”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 8, 2024 7:47 AM

R80. You are so wise! Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 82June 8, 2024 8:16 AM

R81. This is so clever and funny it is almost astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 83June 8, 2024 8:18 AM

I never understood Brigitte Macron's wigs. They're so obvious when there have been better lace front options for ages.

by Anonymousreply 84June 8, 2024 8:22 AM

The absolute definition of "tempest in a teapot".

by Anonymousreply 85June 8, 2024 8:24 AM

R73, only one person here thought you were British, the rest of us just think you're just one of those weird, trashy Americans who is obsessed with the royal family.

You probably have a royal family tea towel and tea cup (bought from some place on the internet).

by Anonymousreply 86June 8, 2024 8:24 AM

The tea towel thing never gets old!

by Anonymousreply 87June 8, 2024 8:26 AM

^ I don't even know what the fuck a tea towel is. Is it like a British cumrag?

by Anonymousreply 88June 8, 2024 8:28 AM

@r83, What's astonishing is that after a 1000 years the Brits still can't figure out what to do with their poop

by Anonymousreply 89June 8, 2024 8:30 AM

I’m neither, actually, R86.

Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 90June 8, 2024 8:47 AM

Lots of stupidity on this thread but r4's stupidity takes the biscuit.

by Anonymousreply 91June 8, 2024 8:54 AM

That ol gal knows Briggitte never washes her hand.

by Anonymousreply 92June 8, 2024 8:59 AM

^ Nobody really cares what you are other than annoying

by Anonymousreply 93June 8, 2024 9:00 AM

Yes, R93, of course.

by Anonymousreply 94June 8, 2024 9:16 AM

At least she didn't try to nuzzle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 8, 2024 9:33 AM

R4 is a perfect example of the stupidity of so many of the posters on these threads. No fucking idea but they feel the need to share their cluelessness with the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 96June 8, 2024 9:34 AM

The Americans in this thread think people are sucking up up the riyal family. Actually everyone is mocking their stupidity. There are legitimate arguments to make against the royal family, but not the idiocy posted here

by Anonymousreply 97June 8, 2024 9:39 AM

^ the stupidity of the American posters.

by Anonymousreply 98June 8, 2024 9:41 AM

^ The Beavis and Butthead of international studies have spoken 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 8, 2024 9:46 AM

So clever, R99. A gif of a 20+ Year old cartoon in the absence of being able to formulate a cogent comment.

You must be so proud.

by Anonymousreply 100June 8, 2024 10:03 AM

^ Yes, quite, so you might as well take your fat finger of shame and stick it up your arse

by Anonymousreply 101June 8, 2024 10:14 AM

Brigitte can never keep her grasping claws off others who should be off limits.

by Anonymousreply 102June 8, 2024 10:15 AM

Do try my pre-embalming beauty regimen.

by Anonymousreply 103June 8, 2024 10:16 AM

Again, so clever, R101.

by Anonymousreply 104June 8, 2024 10:21 AM

@r102, Camilla should stick to her ciggies and gin and stay back in London with the other British ruins

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 8, 2024 10:22 AM

@r104, Your clap-backs are legendary 🙄

by Anonymousreply 106June 8, 2024 10:25 AM

Naturally HRH Camilla would reject being touched by Mrs Macron. Whether royal or common, nobody wants to be pawed by child molesters.

by Anonymousreply 107June 8, 2024 10:31 AM

^ I think it quite divine that Mrs. Macron would mingle with the whores like Jesus

by Anonymousreply 108June 8, 2024 10:37 AM

Thousands of men were slaughtered on those beaches. These occasions are treated with the greatest solemnity and respect for the dead. Mme. Macron should have been advised about correct behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 109June 8, 2024 10:56 AM

R107. It’s HM, not HRhH, but ignorance hasn’t stopped you yet, has it?

by Anonymousreply 110June 8, 2024 11:05 AM

Mrs. Macron was the host of a ceremony dedicated to an event that happened in her country. Camilla should have learned how to be a proper guest while she was learning how to suck royal dick

by Anonymousreply 111June 8, 2024 11:05 AM

@r110, Wow, you're just taking shots at everyone in this thread. Dear, it's Whore Camilla, always was, always will be

by Anonymousreply 112June 8, 2024 11:07 AM

R5, one lip reader quoted Camilla as saying, "I'm strictly dickly, now sod off!"

I'm with Camilla on this one. As someone mentioned earlier, it was a very serious, somber memorial service to the many who gave their lives. It wasn't a funeral.

by Anonymousreply 113June 8, 2024 11:15 AM

At least neither of the women took a dump in their nappy.

by Anonymousreply 114June 8, 2024 11:24 AM

I love how much this story has captured DL's imagination. I want to add my bit as well...

on the right: Empress of India

on the left: Empress of India from Wish

by Anonymousreply 115June 8, 2024 11:37 AM

^ How about a couple of old whores who couldn't manage the laying of a wreath without creating the drama of an international incident

by Anonymousreply 116June 8, 2024 11:45 AM

Let her eat gateau!

- Queen Camilla

by Anonymousreply 117June 8, 2024 11:48 AM

This is a good example of how idiots will make an issue out of anything.

It's nothing to do with "royal protocol" but the symbolism of holding hands while laying wreaths at a war memorial is inappropriate. Laying wreaths at a war memorial is about showing respect for the dead, not about making it all about yourself with some superficial gesture about "unity" or whatever. The only instance this might have been appropriate is between someone like the leaders of France and Germany in the years after the war, but here between the wives of the heads of state of Britain and Germany 80 years later, it's just silly.

Bridget should also have known better than to try to force Camilla into some kind of physical gesture. If they hadn't agreed upon it beforehand, she shouldn't have attempted it and should then have given up immediately she realised Camilla wasn't in agreement rather than continue to try to force it on her.

The stupid Huffpost "article" is so stupid, it can't tell the difference between greeting someone and laying wreaths at a war memorial.

by Anonymousreply 118June 8, 2024 12:07 PM

Bridget was trying to recreate this moment, which is very silly of her. President François Mitterrand and Chancellor Helmut Kohl holding hands at the war memorial for the dead of Verdun in 1984. That was appropriate, and truly moving, especially considering the Second World War that followed and the fact that it had been their two countries that had been ripping each other apart and they were now coming together to symbolise the new European unity. Bridget, on the other hand, was trying to create a cheap viral "moment".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 8, 2024 12:14 PM

What Bridget was aiming for, although she forgot that neither she nor Camilla are political leaders and that their two countries weren't at war with each other:

[quote]Standing together in fellowship on a former battlefield: on 22 September 1984 Federal Chancellor Kohl (r.) and President Mitterrand commemorate those who died in both World Wars in a ceremony at Verdun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 8, 2024 12:19 PM

R4, Are you that ignorant?

by Anonymousreply 121June 8, 2024 12:33 PM

r121, not only is r4 totally ignorant as to the fact that Camilla will not succeed Charles, he's also a fucking idiot for thinking that the monarch "runs" the country.

by Anonymousreply 122June 8, 2024 12:37 PM

Camilla should have grabbed Brigitte’s wig. That would teach her to keep her hands to herself.

by Anonymousreply 123June 8, 2024 1:29 PM

Team Camilla here. Mme Macron, as the host, shouldn't have tried to make her do something she didn't like; it was an ambush, and not part of the pre-planned arrangements for the ceremony; plus Camilla has physical issues that affect her hands especially and this could have been painful for her.

by Anonymousreply 124June 8, 2024 1:30 PM

R188 is 100% correct.

Also, the French are not known for being touchy-feely, friendly or even just nice. Whenever someone I don't know well, or I'm not used to them being touchy, or the situation doesn't warrant more than a handshake gets all huggy or touchy, I get taken aback and don't know how to react. Many of my colleagues hug at the change of shift, I'm like, no, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 125June 8, 2024 3:15 PM

^^^I meant R118

by Anonymousreply 126June 8, 2024 3:17 PM

[quote]Also, the French are not known for being touchy-feely, friendly or even just nice.

Complete bullshit. This is a nation where they kiss each other on the cheek when they meet, they're super casual compared to the Brits. I had a French teacher who moved over from Paris and she was the friendliest teacher I've ever had in my entire life. Felt like hanging out with a friend more than language lessons.

I do agree that they can be direct, but the same can be said about the Dutch, who are even worse at this.

by Anonymousreply 127June 8, 2024 3:42 PM

r4 was embarrassing, but even more so has been every midwestern frau who's chimed in to state that THEY KNOW r4 was WRONG.

by Anonymousreply 128June 8, 2024 5:26 PM

I thought R4's post was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 129June 8, 2024 5:27 PM

[quote]Is it like a British cumrag?

No darling, that’s Wales in their local creole.

by Anonymousreply 130June 8, 2024 5:40 PM

^ Everybody knows the Brits use the Irish as cumrags

by Anonymousreply 131June 8, 2024 5:50 PM

Buck wouldn't have tried to hold hands.

by Anonymousreply 132June 8, 2024 6:04 PM

R127 it’s good to see that being pointed out as a complete idiot for thinking that Camilla inherits the throne when Charles dies in R4 hasn’t stopped you from posting. Most people would have slunk away in utter embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 133June 8, 2024 6:08 PM

Can we please stop talking about R4. I think he's fucking with people and you're all taking his bait.

by Anonymousreply 134June 8, 2024 7:16 PM

I'm surprised she didn't try to swat the insolent hand away. It would have been deserved.

by Anonymousreply 135June 8, 2024 7:18 PM

Buck would never talk about r4.

by Anonymousreply 136June 8, 2024 7:18 PM

La-di-da, r128. Too bad that we have the general ignorance of Americans to support our posts.

And you?

by Anonymousreply 137June 8, 2024 8:41 PM

No support-- all I have is a photo of the midwestern frau ladies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 8, 2024 9:12 PM

Diana *NEVER* would have believed like this.

by Anonymousreply 139June 8, 2024 9:56 PM

*behaved

by Anonymousreply 140June 8, 2024 9:56 PM

Still waiting on an example (just one will do) of Camilla being “racist AF”, R24.

Or did you just make that up?

by Anonymousreply 141June 9, 2024 6:05 AM

[quote]R26 Example of Camilla being racist, please,

Well, she’s got that enormous Blackamoor lamp in the entryway of her home. That’s why she didn’t voice any criticism during Blackamoorgate - she thinks it’s funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 9, 2024 6:25 AM

@r141.... Exhibit A, you disingenuous twat 🤨

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 9, 2024 7:01 AM

Maybe…just MAYBE…if Brigitte was another woman’s husband…

by Anonymousreply 144June 9, 2024 8:16 AM

^ Well, there are several theories on that scenario 🤔

by Anonymousreply 145June 9, 2024 8:25 AM

Camilla doesn’t know where those pedo hands have been, that’s why she wouldn’t touch them.

by Anonymousreply 146June 9, 2024 9:16 AM

I see, R143 - so it’s acceptable for Camilla to not want to hold hands with one person, but not acceptable to not want to hold hands with someone else? What’s the difference?

You do get points for “disingenuous”, though - Thesaurus.com is handy, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 147June 9, 2024 9:29 AM

"Thesaurus.com is handy, isn’t it? "

For you, maybe, some of us know multi-syllabic words without looking them up

" What’s the difference? "

You really don't know, do you?

by Anonymousreply 148June 9, 2024 9:43 AM

The disingenuous twat is you, r143. Here's the whole video (start around 58 seconds). Camilla wanted to have a look at the little girl's bracelet, but the little girl was either too shy or didn't understand what Camilla was saying and didn't put her arm out so Camilla could look at the bracelet. So Camilla pulled her arm up by the sleeve (rather than aggressively grab her hand) and was then able to get hold of the little girl's wrist to have a better look at her bracelet and told the little girl that her bracelet was very pretty.

Later in the video (starts 1.14) Camilla gives a big hug to another little black girl who seems a bit shy and takes her hand. The Queen was also very affectionate and chatty with the other kids, most of whom were non-white. She was delivering Paddington Bears to them.

The disingenuous twats are those who go scouring videos for a half-second screenshot so that they can twist and take out of context and then lie to say that Camila is "racist".

Again, you don't have a single example of Camilla being racist and your only allegation of racism against her is an outrageous lie. What you actually have given us is a great example of how lies are fabricated and spread about the royals, especially regarding racism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 9, 2024 9:43 AM

Cut poor old Camilla some slack, It’s pasture bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 150June 9, 2024 9:56 AM

Brigitte should bring lumps of sugar next time.

by Anonymousreply 151June 9, 2024 10:44 AM

Camilla’s father, Captain Bruce Shand served in the British Expeditionary Force in 1940 as a Lieutenant in the 12th Lancers. He was awarded a Military Cross for his service when his regiment was entrusted with holding off the German Blitzkrieg bearing down on Dunkirk. He escaped with the hundreds of thousands of British troops, many of whom would be on the D-Day beaches 4 years later.

He then fought (and won a second military cross) in the 7th armoured division in North Africa, at a time when Rommel’s troops were rampaging through the territory. He was injured and taken prisoner when his tank was surrounded and his comrades killed in battle.

Thereafter he was sent to Germany and held prisoner in Spangenberg Castle before escaping from a forced march at the end of the war.

Camilla was visibly emotional at the memorials in France, and it’s hardly surprising that she appreciated the solemnity of the occasion, given her family history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 9, 2024 11:15 AM

@r151, Best comment 🏆

by Anonymousreply 153June 9, 2024 12:35 PM

So weird that an eldergay such as yourself should have the sense of humour of an 8 year old, r153.

by Anonymousreply 154June 9, 2024 12:42 PM

Don't knock a well-placed silly kiddie joke from time to time, R154.

Why is the main D-Day Ceremonies thread on DL so friendly, polite, and positive overall, and this one so needlessly catty?

by Anonymousreply 155June 9, 2024 12:48 PM

^ Now you know why I blocked r154 a long time ago. Having a British stalker is a lot like having a STD without any of the fun in getting it

by Anonymousreply 156June 9, 2024 1:15 PM

Because OP's goal was to be catty, r155.

by Anonymousreply 157June 9, 2024 1:16 PM

Talking of Brigitte. My sister has a country house in Le Touquet, a small but extremely posh resort on the northern coast of France, next door to les Macrons who also have a house there. She regularly sees them in the weekends she’s there. She said Brigitte is very elegant, but painfully thin. She could do with a hamburger. As for “Manu”, he looks increasingly exhausted. The role is wearing him, and his good looks, down.

by Anonymousreply 158June 9, 2024 1:20 PM

If anyone is stalking, r156, it's you stalking British royals - you've posted almost a quarter of the posts on this thread thus far - despite not having a fucking clue what you're on about (as well as imagining that you're so important that people are stalking you on DL).

by Anonymousreply 159June 9, 2024 1:20 PM

Maybe Brigitte was merely trying to measure Camilla’s height?

by Anonymousreply 160June 9, 2024 3:49 PM

Pasture bedtime?

by Anonymousreply 161June 9, 2024 4:27 PM

It’s B’s fault for even trying to hold hands with a Rottweiler.

by Anonymousreply 162June 9, 2024 8:41 PM

^ Next time she'll bring a muzzle

by Anonymousreply 163June 9, 2024 9:07 PM

Don't let neighsayers like r161 discourage you, r150. Some of us understood.

by Anonymousreply 164June 9, 2024 9:14 PM

[quote]Pasture bedtime?

It's a horse joke, Past her bed time. Pasture = Horse = Carmella

by Anonymousreply 165June 9, 2024 9:17 PM

^ Carmella? Oh, like a horse named Carmella... Got it

by Anonymousreply 166June 9, 2024 9:33 PM

Camella, Camilla, = Potato, Potahto

by Anonymousreply 167June 9, 2024 9:37 PM

Better to be guilty of a typo than missing an obvious play on words.

by Anonymousreply 168June 9, 2024 9:44 PM

Queen Broomhilda NOT included

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 9, 2024 9:56 PM

[quote] Well, she’s got that enormous Blackamoor lamp in the entryway of her home. That’s why she didn’t voice any criticism during Blackamoorgate - she thinks it’s funny.

The photo of the interior with the Blackamoor lamps are when the house had different owners than Camilla.

We've been over this before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 9, 2024 10:03 PM

R170, that poster is a proven liar.

by Anonymousreply 171June 9, 2024 11:23 PM

That poster is also lying on this thread - it can’t help itself.

by Anonymousreply 172June 9, 2024 11:29 PM

Both First Ladies look absolutely stunning.

Dr. Jill’s dress is amazing. True class and elegance.

by Anonymousreply 173June 9, 2024 11:35 PM

So stupid, R169 - why would the wife of the Head of State of the UK be invited to a state dinner between the USA and France?

by Anonymousreply 174June 10, 2024 12:24 AM

^ I can't imagine anyone inviting that skank anywhere

by Anonymousreply 175June 10, 2024 12:26 AM

She may be a skank - in your opinion - but that doesn’t change the fact that you’re such an idiot that you don’t know how state visits work.

Waiting for another witty rejoinder, R169 / R175.

by Anonymousreply 176June 10, 2024 12:30 AM

^ Go fuck yourself you miserable cunt

Have a nice day 🙂

by Anonymousreply 177June 10, 2024 12:37 AM

Every time this dad comes up in my feet even a glance at the photo I think oh is this something about exotic mushrooms.

by Anonymousreply 178June 10, 2024 12:38 AM

Camilla's already been invited to a state dinner in France, r175. You really are very fucking dim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179June 10, 2024 12:39 AM

Exactly the level of intelligence that I was expecting from you, and so perfectly proving my point.

“Go fuck yourself” and “cunt”? You need some anger management therapy as well as working on developing a larger vocabulary.

Your stupidity was pointed out and that was the best that you could respond with? You’re a bit sad, aren’t you, R177?

by Anonymousreply 180June 10, 2024 2:12 AM

Jesus her sloppy drunk tits at r105. She’s truly repulsive. How does Charles get aroused by those sagging jugs and gin and tobacco breath. She truly sickens me. Don’t get me started on the hair and her personality.

by Anonymousreply 181June 10, 2024 2:27 AM

Is that her diaper I see in r105 photo? It looks full too.

by Anonymousreply 182June 10, 2024 12:03 PM

Still freaked out by Brigitte's wigs.

by Anonymousreply 183June 10, 2024 12:17 PM

Little nonsense like this will start to chip away at support for the monarchy as an institution. Rather than bend the rules and convey a better image of intimacy and fellowship, Camilla ignore Mme Macron to rigidly maintain protocol.

They were supposed to place the wreath and bouquet, stand back, and have a moment of prayer or reflection.

Mme Macron extends her hand in friendship and solidarity...reflective of friendship and solidarity between Britons and the French during the most trying time of the histories of both countries...only to be ignored because of strict protocol.

Jeez...Camilla could have followed the example of her husband's grandmother, who famously went to bombed out areas of London as Queen Consort to demonstrate solidarity and fellowship often bending protocol.

Missed opportunity

by Anonymousreply 184June 10, 2024 12:23 PM

Why would Camilla quite rightly not wanting to hold Brigitte's hand at a moment when it is not appropriate for them to hold hands "chip away at support for the monarchy as an institution", r184?

More like Brigitte's daft attempt to do a Mitterand and Kohl at Verdun (despite Camilla being a Brit and not German) is part of the high-handed attitude that has not just chipped away at but demolished support for Macron.

by Anonymousreply 185June 10, 2024 1:20 PM

Taking her hand in friendship and solidarity would demonstrate that these enormously pvileged snobs were human...that the institution is not hidebound to rigid protocol. Perhaps that they're human, R185, and beyond that have the common touch...something Camilla might have picked up from her rival and predecessor.

This woman reflects time and again the values of the set from which she springs -- the horse and hound loving class of landowners, both bored and boring!

by Anonymousreply 186June 10, 2024 1:48 PM

1) Charles is a fag; 2) the tampon phone calls did not 'leak'; they were released to counteract gay rumors; 3) Camilla is Chuck's friend, and beards for him. They have never had a romance or sex; 4) Crazy Diana was run off the road because she was going to out him; 5) Di reported that she and Charles rarely had sexual relations during their marriage; 6) the King does not have cancer, he has AIDS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 10, 2024 1:59 PM

"Protocol" is nothing to do with it, fool at r165. It's about respect for about the war dead and the others who fought, not pseudo-magnanimous gestures for the cameras to show "look what a sensitive, caring person I am, the moment is all about me!" It's also inappropriate for the spouses of heads of state to try to usurp the role of head of state in an attempt to show "friendship and solidarity" between states. If Brigitte wanted to hold Camilla's hand in a "look at me, I'm so caring and emotional" moment then she should have agreed with Camilla first, not tried to force her and then insist on carrying on when it's clear she wasn't interested.

As for your dumb comment about " enormously pvileged [sic] snobs", see r152 for Camilla's personal connection to those who fought. The loins from which she sprang put his life on the line in the war for the French people. You, on the other hand, have done nothing for others.

The idea that someone as filled with spite and hate as you understands ideals such as friendship and solidarity is laughable. For you they're just words to attack those whom you irrationally hate.

by Anonymousreply 188June 10, 2024 3:22 PM

[quote] Little nonsense like this will start to chip away at support for the monarchy as an institution.

Yes, being unkind to French people has often gone down very badly with the British public….

by Anonymousreply 189June 10, 2024 3:24 PM

R188 is actually intended for r186.

by Anonymousreply 190June 10, 2024 3:24 PM

This is what "the set from which she springs" did during the war, r186, from the obituary of Major Bruce Shand.

[quote]On the outbreak of the Second World War, the regiment landed in France as part of the British Expeditionary Force. Equipped with armoured cars, it was stationed at Fouquevilliers for six months, and moved up to the neutral Belgian frontier three times in response to threatening enemy troop movements before finally entering the country when the Germans invaded on May 10 1940. During the next 18 days Shand led patrols to Hazebrouck and St Omer to gather intelligence of enemy dispositions. By skilful and daring manoeuvre, he covered the withdrawal of a column of new lorries and guns under fire from four German tanks, and was awarded an immediate MC.

[quote]On being assigned the crucial task of covering the withdrawal at Dunkirk, Shand and comrades took their share of the heavy casualties while acting as embarkation officers during the bombing. In his dispatches, Field Marshal Viscount Gort wrote that without the 12th Lancers only a small part of the BEF would have reached the port, where Shand finally boarded a cement ship for Margate on May 31.

[quote]After the regiment reformed at Poole, Dorset, Shand went to Northern Ireland for a spell to help with training the North Irish Horse, then spent Christmas in command of HQ Squadron near Reigate, Surrey. In September 1941 he set off with the regiment's armoured cars and a tea-chest of books as part of 7th Armoured Division in Libya.

[quote]The following January the Eighth Army had advanced more than 300 miles in three weeks, and was at the extremity of its lines of communication when Rommel went on the counter-offensive. As the Germans advanced in considerable strength on Msus, Libya, the 1st/6th Rajputana Rifles was ordered to destroy the supply dumps there and withdraw.

[quote]Temporary Captain Shand was in command of a half squadron of 12th Lancers ordered to watch the threatened flank. The enemy advance was so rapid that the situation of the Rajputanas and about 100 soldiers of the Indian Pioneer Company became extremely precarious. Shand's small force came under heavy fire, but he handled it with great skill and coolness, and succeeded in covering the Rajputnas' withdrawal and in evacuating 20 armoured cars.

[quote]Loading the Indian Pioneers into his cars and two lorries he just managed to slip through the gap to the north before the Germans closed it. The recommendation that he be awarded a Bar to his MC described him as a cavalry leader of the first order.

Plus, lots more.

Also, in 2006: [quote]In March the Duchess [Camilla] repaid his stalwart support by carrying out an errand for [her father] when she accompanied the Prince to the battlefield of El Alamein. This was to lay posies and cards at the graves of the two soldiers, who were killed by his side in his armoured car. The message declared: "The gallantry and sacrifice of two fellow 12th Lancers on 6th November 1942 will never be forgotten by me. Bruce Shand."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191June 10, 2024 3:36 PM

R188...Oh, please! Take the stick...or should I say, scepter...out of your butt!

She's a chain-smoking , former mistress now getting her kicks with a crown

"Inappropriate"!?!? The second Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor cheated on her first husband with a married man. That's inappropriate.

Jeez! I love these Royal threads! They bring out the Queens in us all!

by Anonymousreply 192June 10, 2024 4:39 PM

Forgot to sign myself. I'm R192

by Anonymousreply 193June 10, 2024 4:40 PM

[quote] She's a chain-smoking , former mistress now getting her kicks with a crown "Inappropriate"!?!? The second Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor cheated on her first husband with a married man. That's inappropriate.

Yes, it’s entirely unheard of for any other member of a Royal dynasty to commit adultery. And she smokes, the harlot! Good point!

Are you by any chance one of our more eminent historians, r192?

by Anonymousreply 194June 10, 2024 5:00 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm a team Camilla on this one. Don't fucking touch me without consent.

by Anonymousreply 195June 10, 2024 5:14 PM

"Eminent," well I don't know about that, R194.

I've said this before, I love The Data Lounge more than Facebook and IG. I keep coming back for the snarky comments, especially those on the Royal Threads. Just wish that we could all meet up in person.

by Anonymousreply 196June 10, 2024 5:27 PM

Oh, I never want to meet any of you people.

by Anonymousreply 197June 10, 2024 11:46 PM

R187, I can believe bi-sexual.

Diana wasn't "run off the road"; her car while remaining on the road slammed into a pillar.

by Anonymousreply 198June 11, 2024 12:00 AM

Diana died because she wasn’t wearing a seatbelt in a car driven by a drunk driver.

Not that R187 will ever believe the basic, sad facts.

by Anonymousreply 199June 11, 2024 12:15 AM

Can Brigitte just not afford a better wig, or what is her deal?

by Anonymousreply 200June 11, 2024 12:19 AM

Tell me about it, r200! I'm at a loss about her wearing such obvious helmet wigs when there are newer, better alternatives. Freaks me out a bit. Why?

by Anonymousreply 201June 11, 2024 12:34 AM

We will never stop holding hands!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 12, 2024 2:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!