Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

J. Lo tour cancellation was personal not about ticket sales

The singer’s friends told the Daily Mail Thursday that Lopez, 54, is “willing to make any sacrifice, including giving up being J.Lo” and “dimming her shine.” One pal claimed, “She doesn’t want to be divorced. She doesn’t want to end up like Madonna — on her own at 60. She can’t bear the idea of failure.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2024 4:14 PM

What shine is she dimming? Puleaze. She's in a bad patch with one flop after another. She isn't outshining Ben, she's projecting career death splatter on him.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2024 1:54 PM

Everybody knows she's got worse ticket sales than Janet Jackson.

And that terrible movie Atlas.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2024 2:09 PM

Her ambition to still be relevant is scary.

Take ur millions and enjoy life, fool

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2024 2:17 PM

[quote]She doesn’t want to end up like Madonna.

Didn't Madonna just finish a very successful concert tour, unlike J. Lo?

In Brazil, Madonna even drew 1.6 million people to one concert, which broke records as the largest all-time crowd for a female artist.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2024 2:21 PM

[quote]which broke records as the largest all-time crowd for a female artist.

It set the record for solo artist male or female R4.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2024 2:36 PM

[quote] She doesn’t want to be divorced.

On the plus side, it's not as though it would be an unfamiliar experience for her.

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2024 2:38 PM

Murdoch NY Post links give clickdollars and SEO to people who hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2024 2:39 PM

R7 I hope you get a horrible cancer. I’m posting more NYP articles now. Congrats for promoting them with your own behavior.

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2024 2:43 PM

She should take the hint that people don't care about her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2024 2:46 PM

What does Ben see in an ego-cunt like that.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2024 2:56 PM

Pop stars have a very short shelf life and she doesn't have the voice to transition to a different genre. She should focus on her acting and find a couple of good romantic comedies and maybe an Apple tv series. She should also stop talking so much about her personal life.

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2024 2:57 PM

R7, you do realize Murdoch owns more than the NY Post right?

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2024 3:12 PM

Her personal life is what’s keeping her in the headlines. All the stories around her may have a negative slant, but what matters to Jlo, inc is that she is back in the entertainment news spotlight. No one was really paying her any attention until these divorce rumors ramped up. I think this whole divorce thing is a stunt her people came up with to accomplish exactly that. Bennifer is BACK. People hated her back then, too. She has never been universally adored.

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2024 3:16 PM

Sure Jan

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2024 3:20 PM

R13 hides the Diddy gun story until they can slither out of it

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2024 3:20 PM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2024 3:26 PM

[quote]She doesn’t want to end up like Madonna — on her own at 60.

J Low

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2024 3:30 PM

[quote]She should focus on her acting and find a couple of good romantic comedies and maybe an Apple tv series.

This lane is already full.

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2024 3:33 PM

Dimming her whine is more like it... The movie promoting the new music bombed... the album bombed... and we're supposed to believe that the tour supporting the music was not, as well?

by Anonymousreply 19June 7, 2024 3:53 PM

It's so bizarre in 2024 an extremely wealthy and famous woman would still think herself branded a failure if she's unmarried at 60.

It's even weirder she would go around saying that to her friends. As if the whole point of being married is not to be thought a failure by other people.

by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2024 4:01 PM

Her "friends" are full of shit. If her tour was sold out with tickets going for their original price she would have been on tour. Her need for attention and to be the biggest, most popular star in the world far outweighs her need to be married to anyone, including an Oscar winner.

The public hate has reached an all-time high, which hasn't been helped by Ben looking bored at the Grammy awards, and sleeping on yachts during their honeymoon, which was probably a deliberate passive-aggressive move on Ben's part for dragging him out in public. It seems he would be happier at home sitting in front of the TV drinking Dunkin Donuts and scratching his balls while watching sports.

Fuck that desperate cunt.

by Anonymousreply 21June 7, 2024 4:03 PM

How much money and attention does she need? If she was really interested in her art or her industries, she would have progressed on to managing other talent or being a producer or something along those lines. She cannot move on because she cannot accept that she is no longer the hot, young thing. People that hold on this desperately to their youth give me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2024 4:08 PM

[quote]She doesn’t want to be divorced.

But ya are Jenny. Ya are a three-times divorcee.

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2024 4:19 PM

[quote] I hope you get a horrible cancer

R8 I’ve had a horrible cancer. If you’ve ever had it, I know you wouldn’t wish it on anyone else. If you haven’t had it, well, karma’s a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2024 4:21 PM

She half asses everything yet expects to be rewarded for such lame work.

Her movie and album show someone that has never been told “no”. She should fire her entire team and start fresh, but JLo just cares about headlines and being a celebrity, not the music and not the movies.

What annoys the crap out of me is that she still is the hot, older woman. If she pretended to be likable and humble she would have a stellar career.

But she refuses to budge and is now facing the music.

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2024 4:31 PM

Who is this J. Lo that everyone keeps talking about? It really doesn’t ring a bell.

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2024 4:36 PM

Her life would make more sense as a lipstick lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2024 4:37 PM

She should release a polka album. That will turn her career around.

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2024 7:16 PM

In several markets, Jlo's tickets were greatly reduced. I read even as low as $8, which seems rather unbelievable. So sure, at such a low price, tickets will sell.

I maintain that the cancelation is due to a combination of low ticket sales in many markets and personal problems.

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2024 7:34 PM

JLie

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2024 7:36 PM

R29 How much?

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2024 7:43 PM

She's so vain. Who cares if it was about ticket sales. Everyone is on JLO for her career "downfall." But, I'd say more like "expiration" (or at least she's in the process of expiring). "Downfall" suggests something lurid or untoward and something that, but for it happening, she'd still have a relatively strong career. JLO was pretty "big" for quite a long time (longer than I ever thought) in a variety of entertainment areas. It can't last forever. She should be happy with her long run and not worry if she's not as popular and her career is declining.

by Anonymousreply 32June 7, 2024 7:43 PM

The more they say it wasn’t about ticket sales…the more you can bet it was about ticket sales.

by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2024 7:45 PM

I'm watching The Greatest Love Story Never Told. Jesus Fucking Christ the bitch thinks she's fucking Fellini or Scorsese running this shit show over the top musical. I don't know how she talked Ben into doing this.

by Anonymousreply 34June 7, 2024 8:16 PM

I need to get stoned and watch this horrible movie The Greatest Love Story Never Told.

Her hubris!

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2024 1:18 AM

About JLo's new album...

Wasn't there one song on the whole damn thing that could have become a hit--or at least a mild hit? One?

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2024 1:35 AM

No. R36

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2024 1:37 AM

[quote] Didn't Madonna just finish a very successful concert tour

No. And the Brazil concert was free. Her people won’t reveal the hard data. Ticketmaster showed half the date not sold out and people in nosebleed sections bumped to row 2. Touring is not what it used to be for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2024 1:43 AM

Ben wants a simple life and I don't think Jen's going to give him that.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2024 2:00 AM

JLo is a black hole of needy attention, and he's sick of getting sucked in and obliterated by her, over and over again.

The dictionary should have her picture next to the word "exhausting" because - if you've seen Ben's drawn, worn-out face in pics lately - that's clearly what being around her is: exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2024 2:06 AM

I think in 5 years we will see Ben back with Jennifer Garland.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2024 2:08 AM

I think he'll find love again with Jennifer Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2024 2:17 AM

I think he'll find love again with Jennifer Holliday.

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2024 2:21 AM

There is something worse than being alone in your sixth decade of living. Being trapped in a loveless, abusive relationship is worse.

This does not have to be an either or situation.

Many married people are alone. People figured out how alone they were in their marriage during the quarantine and got the hell out.

This tour was canceled due to lack of interest.

Lopez should be on tour with Janet Jackson right now. A full circle moment.

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2024 2:34 AM

If the “friends” know so much, where are the details about the problems her kids are having that are so severe she had to pull out of a successful tour to deal with them?

Surely it’s not discretion that’s keeping the dirt back after the “friends” spill her worst fears.

by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2024 3:55 AM

One good thing came if this thread: the invention of Jennifer Garland.

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2024 4:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!