Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bad gay movies

What was the worst LGBTQI+ flick?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2024 2:42 AM

“Leather Jacket Love Story” from 1997. Despite the copious nudity.

The main character is a not-so-hot twink that everybody finds irresistible. (Sadly, it was the actor’s last role and he died a few years ago.)

Bad acting. Bad direction. But then it was a David DeCoteau movie so it explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2024 2:03 PM

"In & Out" was probably the worst I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2024 2:06 PM

Horseshit R2.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2024 2:09 PM

I agree with that, R2. The movie posits that being gay means you love Barbra Streisand and showtunes. (Which I do, I do.). But it gives short shrift to the fact that it’s about same-sex attraction. Selleck and Kline have the unsexiest screen kiss ever.

And the “I’m gay!” ending was dumb.

The only part that made me laugh was Shalom Harlow’s encounter with a rotary phone.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2024 2:13 PM

The Living End

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2024 2:30 PM

Bros

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2024 2:33 PM

R2 as was usually the case, the best part of In & Out was Wilford Brimley.

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2024 2:34 PM

Oh god, R5. I remember hearing all about it when it was released in 1992. This was back when small indie films would take forever to get around so I waited a year until it came to Northampton, MA in the summer of 1993. It was so basic it was ridiculous.

I never got the adoration for Araki anyway. But “Mysterious Skin” was a well-made film.

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2024 2:44 PM

"Partners" with Ryan O'Neal and John Hurt. Offensive crap.

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2024 2:48 PM

R9 At least we got to see Ryan O'Neal's ass.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2024 2:50 PM

[quote]It was so basic it was ridiculous.

Exactly. It felt like an After School Special.

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2024 2:51 PM

Ben & Arthur

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2024 2:59 PM

Some of the films mentioned at that site aren't even gay 🙄

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2024 3:03 PM

I can never share my nominee for all-time worst gay movie because I can't remember its name. I rented it from Netflix back when they sent you DVDs in the mail. If you were one to scour their LGBT section, maybe you saw it also and can remind me what it was called.

The entire movie had only three actors and three scenes. The first scene was a flashback of two high school bros on a camping trip, talking in a tent. The other two scenes were present day in one of the guys' apartment. The third actor played the retarded brother of one of the bros. The three scenes were bookended by interminable footage of the two bros walking around the city while maudlin music played. The plot was basically whether the bros would get together, and how it would affect the retarded brother. I'd tell you more, but I'm pretty sure that's all there was to it.

If this sounds familiar to you, I'm really sorry. But what was the name of it?

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2024 6:41 PM

High Tension

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2024 6:43 PM

The Gay Deceivers plays like it was made in 1929.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2024 9:48 PM

I also got one of those cheap ass gay “films” from Netflix mail order way back when. It was entitled “House of Adam” and was shot on videotape which they tried to make look like film. The story was awful, the acting was awful.

They were at a house they kept saying was way out in the middle of nowhere but they are standing outside by a glass storm door and you can see car after car passing by maybe twenty feet away.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2024 4:02 PM

The second Another Gay Movie. Hideous. Also "Poison"

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2024 4:04 PM

Down Low

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2024 11:53 PM

Any of that art house shit that Ms. Close trods out every few years to yet again try to get enough votes for a pity Oscar. At this point, they should just give her one so we don’t have to see her old ass in drag anymore.

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2024 11:57 PM

One of the worst foreign-language gay films I've ever seen is the 2009 Brazilian shitfest called "From Beginning to End" (Do Começo ao Fim), which deals with the incestuous relationship between two half-brothers. Dreadful pacing, contrived plot/actings and an annoying score. The 2 leads are hot indeed (sadly, both are str8 in real life).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2024 12:09 AM

"Twilight of the Golds" was pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2024 12:13 AM

Call Me Merda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2024 12:38 AM

Kiss Me Guido

I Think I Do

Latter Days

by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2024 12:45 AM

Down Low - without a doubt the stupidest gay themed movie Ive ever seen. If anyone managed to make it past the first 20 minutes I'd love to hear how.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2024 2:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!