Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LA shelter employee mauled by dog

Gee, I wonder what breed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 14, 2024 1:35 AM

It was a lab “mix”!

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2024 2:20 AM

A husky?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2024 2:20 AM

Maulface thread.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2024 2:22 AM

(If you watch the story, it shows video of the dog in question, which has since been euthanized.)

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2024 2:23 AM

Yep, a pit!

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2024 2:25 AM

Was it a rescue dog?

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2024 2:25 AM

L.A. shelters have gotten into the habit of not listing notorious dog breeds on kennel cards if they are mixed pitties, rotties, corsos, etc. The cards just say “mixed breed.” Volunteers are told not to inform visitors what those breeds are as well. Note the kennel card in the news story.

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2024 8:47 PM

So, doesn't have a plan but a FLUFF statement. When are we going to start calling politicians on their blah blah blah. Every party does it.

Lastly, who has had Robert Kovacik?

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2024 8:58 PM

[quote] So, doesn't have a plan but a FLUFF statement.

RUFF statement

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2024 9:01 PM

Was she menstruating?

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2024 9:09 PM

It was a pit bull/Dogo Argentino mix. That’s like mixing Panera charged lemonade with crystal meth.

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2024 9:57 PM

R11 made me LOL

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2024 9:59 PM

The employee?

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2024 10:01 PM

The resident dog hater is on the move

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2024 10:24 PM

Why aren't pit bulls banned in the US? The breed is clearly dangerous. I'm lucky the breed is banned in my country.

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2024 10:34 PM

They are a menace

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2024 10:47 PM

I've got a beautiful Pit. I got him, and his history, when he was 10. He stated his boundaries. He is now truly my "boo". He is as gentle and loving as a lamb. But if you seem to fear us on a walk, we'll willingly turn the other way. He is really only dangerous if you have 'sensitive hearing'. He will comfort me, and I will comfort him until the unfortunate day we part. Then, you can have his stuff, but not mine.

It's about the owner, not the dog. (And, yes, there are plenty of shitty, shitty Pit owners).

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2024 12:19 AM

It really isn't the owner. It's the breed. We understand that retrievers retrieve and beagles sniff out and bark and pointers point and doodles are morons. Understand that pit bulls want to bite the shit out of someone or something. I have 2 pit bull mixes because the pound is stuffed full of them. These are my last bullies.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2024 12:26 AM

It's both, r17.

We once owned a herding group breed without a second of formal training. She would try to herd our guinea pigs.

Our Shiba Inu? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2024 12:28 AM

All the white woke silent-racist cunts try to draw racist correlations between black men and put bulls in order to stop any legislation to muzzle or ban these beasts.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2024 12:30 AM

[quote]All the white woke silent-racist cunts

zzzzz

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2024 12:34 AM

Black people figured out pits suck too. They've switched to Frenchies

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2024 12:50 AM

They’re considered the most dangerous but they’re also the most abused.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2024 12:58 AM

R23 I hope you’re not saying that only abused dogs are dangerous, because coddling them and not teaching proper boundaries can also make them aggressive. Certain breeds are like assault rifles, and just “hoping” that every owner is responsible and 100% vigilant won’t solve the problem of other animals and people being maimed or killed by dogs who’ve been bred for centuries to hunt, fight, and kill.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2024 4:07 AM

I’ll say I’m not huge into dogs but my ex had a pit bull and he was intimidating but it was more an issue of him getting into things and humping teddy bears in from of company. I met a guy once with a temperamental Australian shepherd, and that put me on edge.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2024 4:11 AM

Front* not from. Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2024 4:12 AM

[quote]I’ll say I’m not huge into dogs but my ex had a pit bull and he was intimidating but it was more an issue of him getting into things and humping teddy bears in from of company

Who — the ex or the pit bull?

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2024 4:18 AM

R27 The pitbull, it was really more just he was kind of unstructured but once he knew you, generally not too temperamental but yes at the end of the day they can do damage.

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2024 4:34 AM

A relative had a pit bull until it died from cancer at 10. The sweetest dog in the world.

You cunts who cunt on about pit bulls ALL THE TIME are probably the same cunts who cunt on ALL trans people on every trans thread.

In fact, I'd like to see all of you cunts mauled to death by pit bulls.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2024 4:49 AM

[quote]Chloe continued, "All the sleepless nights and the dirty diapers — looking back, I would take a million sleepless nights and dirty diapers and all the fussiness, you would take it all back in a second and never take any moment or second for granted."

Every quote from the mother focuses on how awful it is to be a parent, especially of a baby.

They just remove the dog, and that's it? Hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2024 4:56 AM

R29 If you like pit bulls so much, you should adopt one.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2024 4:57 AM

I've had a few pitbulls in my life (adjacent, not owned) and they've all been the best and sweetest, most loyal dogs.

I am also of the opinion that it's how they are raised and the owner's influence.

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2024 5:03 AM

[quote]You cunts who cunt on about pit bulls ALL THE TIME are probably the same cunts who cunt on ALL trans people on every trans thread.

Are you comparing trans people to killer dogs? I’ve never heard of a homeowner being denied insurance coverage for having a trans person in their residence.

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2024 5:22 AM

I see “oh dear” sticking her nose where it wasn’t invited. Thought a house fell on you but apparently you survived. Knock it off bitch, we write these posts in a hurry you proof reading pussy.

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2024 5:59 AM

[quote]I'd like to see all of you cunts mauled to death by pit bulls.

"Be kind" - R29 in another thread, probably.

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2024 6:09 AM

The show is "Pitbulls and Parolees," not "Yorkies and Parolees."

Think about it.

Those powerful jaws aren't because of any training, or owners, or passers-by; they are a defining trait, meant to latch on and never release their catch.

Don't say we didn't warn you, r17 and r18---because a Pitbull won't.

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2024 6:20 AM

[quote] He is really only dangerous if you have 'sensitive hearing'.

What?

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2024 6:57 AM

I knew I should have adopted… a pit bull, that is.

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2024 7:12 AM

[quote] It was a pit bull/Dogo Argentino mix.

“This will make me manlier! I must look manlier! I don’t have the parts to look manly so I will get a manly dog! This will solve all my problems!”

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2024 8:30 AM

Any dog can do something out of character. One issue with pitbulls is that once they attack, they don’t stop. A Maltese behaves badly and “nips” someone and nobody cares. A German shepherd chases a jogger and bites him on the ass, that’s a problem, but everyone survives. A pitbull latches on and eats your face. Just not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2024 9:44 AM

[quote]In fact, I'd like to see all of you cunts mauled to death by pit bulls.

r29 sounds lovely.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2024 11:46 AM

{quote] Are you comparing trans people to killer dogs?

No, R33. To compensate for your lack of reading comprehension skills, I'll translate: the same here who hate pit bulls also disparage all trans people on DL.

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2024 1:20 PM

All you pit bull defenders - Even if...even if...there's only a small chance that your pit bull could suddenly change from the sweetest thing to a maniacal killer...even if...why would you take that chance when there are plenty of other breeds that don't suddenly snap? Why would you do that?

Are you trying to prove a point? Does it make you feel like a renegade? Is it cool to own a dangerous animal?

Because there are plenty of stories about how the darling pet just snapped. Why would you take that chance?

You defenders are correct - the problem is the owners - just not the way you mean.

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2024 1:35 PM

What's bizarre is the obsession some on DL have about this breed of dog--why all the threads? Why do you go out of your way to make multiple threads just to bitch about, of all things, a dog?

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2024 2:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2024 2:11 PM

[quote]I've had a few pitbulls in my life (adjacent, not owned) and they've all been the best and sweetest, most loyal dogs. I am also of the opinion that it's how they are raised and the owner's influence.

Well, it's just not true. My dog, which is medium-sized but short, is now very old, and I had one before him, so I've been around dog parks daily for over 25 years. It is very noticeable that with Staffys and Pitbulls (and to some extent also Huskies), they can be playing with the same dog or dogs happily for over half an hour, and all of a sudden they get overexcited and suddenly they're attacking their companions. I've seen it over and over. I swear it's often an excitement response, not even an anger response. Of course I've known some maniac owners, but one pitty-X-mastiff I knew had an owner who adored him, but knowing his strength, had brought him up from puppyhood with very strong training. He was basically a nice dog: if a big dog menaced my small sociable mutt, this dog would wheel past to see if he needed to intervene. But even he would sometimes get into fights when playing, and when he did the owner, who was a big muscly guy, would have to grab his collar and kick him in the stomach to get him to let go, then sit on him till the mood had passed.

The problem with pitbulls, and many staffys, is that because of their jaw strength, the moment you discover they're not always OK is too late. Unless you too have the heft to kick them in the stomach and sit on them yourself.

My previous dog was puppies alongside a Rottweiler. They played every day, as pups will. When it was about 18 months old, the Rottweiler suddenly wheeled round and attacked him. My dog hadn't done anything unusual: he was a clueless twit and the Rottweiler well knew that.

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2024 2:33 PM

These people who say “it’s the owner not the breed” and “it’s all how they’re raised” — strictly short bus.

Pits are only 20% of the larger breeds in this country, but they’re responsible for 66% of all fatal attacks.

Their argument is basically “guns don’t kill people, people kill people.”

by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2024 2:40 PM

I repeat: why the obsession some on DL have about this breed of dog--so much so that multiple threads exist? Especially about a breed of dog you'll never own?

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2024 3:53 PM

Because they are dangerous, increasingly ubiquitous, and inflict horrible damage when they attack, r48?

And because they have been banned by sensible countries and jurisdictions all over the globe?

Are you obtuse?

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2024 3:58 PM

So that's why the multiple threads? Wasn't one thread enough, R49?

No. This is a weird hate obsession to constantly bitch about them over and over.

by Anonymousreply 50June 8, 2024 4:03 PM

And you'll never own one, R49. Why go on?

by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2024 4:04 PM

Pits and Rottweilers — statistically the two most dangerous breeds — are both favored by the macho dog demographic, yet pits outnumber Rottweilers sevenfold in fatal attacks. That’s because Rottweilers have been bred through the ages to be working dogs and property guardians, while pit bulls are the result of cross-breeding dating back to the 1800s to develop fighting dogs. The statistical differences are not due to bad owners.

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2024 7:49 PM

[quote]No, [R33]. To compensate for your lack of reading comprehension skills, I'll translate: the same here who hate pit bulls also disparage all trans people on DL.

I take it you’re not familiar with DL’s gender-critical lesbians, or our token straight Chick, R42.

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2024 8:06 PM

Great--another "I hate pit bulls" thread.

by Anonymousreply 54June 8, 2024 8:20 PM

My friend has a pitbull mix and that dog is the biggest pussy. Dog is afraid of rain, water, every time you try to groom him or put a jacket on him, he starts shaking in fear lol

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2024 8:28 PM

Exactly, R55! The same experience for me.

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2024 8:33 PM

[quote]My friend has a pitbull mix and that dog is the biggest pussy. Dog is afraid of rain, water, every time you try to groom him or put a jacket on him, he starts shaking in fear lol

It sounds like the dog is suffering from FAS: fear, anxiety, and stress. Can I have your friend’s stuff, R55?

by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2024 9:20 PM

Dollface thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2024 11:16 PM

Pits should not exist. When you go adopt a dog it's mostly pits because people don't want them after they get acquainted with their aggressiveness. They should be banned and put down at birth. Sorry, but they're too dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2024 11:21 PM

Picture this “Pits for Pride”. The dogs gets dressed in cute little outfits and then they get trained to attack the soapbox sermon people.

by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2024 11:27 PM

[Quote] And you'll never own one, [R49]. Why go on?

And Diane Whipple never owned pit bulls either, you doorknob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2024 11:29 PM

To be fair, Diane Whipple wasn't killed by pit bulls.

by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2024 11:31 PM

That’s not really the point, r62. She’s the most famous example of a person killed by huge violent dogs that didn’t live with her.

by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2024 11:44 PM

I know, r63, and I take your point. (I am also r49). I'm just clarifying a detail about her death.

She was killed by Presa Canarios.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2024 11:52 PM

R28, sweet summer child. 🌺

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2024 11:52 PM

By the way, this Pit Bull-Presa Canario mix looks demonic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2024 11:56 PM

R66 “don’t fuck with me” eyes

by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2024 12:16 AM

They're banned in Western Australia, but plenty of people have them, or pit mixes.

Not the kind of people you can even sue if the dogs cause damage: 1. They tend not to own much, or 2. They're usually drug dealers.

They also feel compelled to breed them and keep them unsterilised, even if the dogs have terrible temperaments. Cash income. One couple told us that they will only sterilise their male if he kills another dog, blissfully unaware that if that did happen, he would likely be seized and put down by local authorities, and the owners would be up for fines, charges, possibly prison. These are not smart or well-informed people.

The owners often seem to regard themselves as rebels, and identify with the dogs as also being "misunderstood".

I've known two owners who had sterilised pits from rescues (the pits are generally labelled as staffies to get around the law) who were well aware of the damage they could do and were prepared to step in if anything happened. Tough guys.

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2024 4:03 AM

The shelters seem filled with shepherd, husky, and pit mixes now. Now that I have my own itty bitty pittie mix I cant hate on them like I used to. We spend our walks going fast or learning to not react every time he sees or hears another dog. I realize I hate dog parks. I watch him like a hawk because I will never quite trust him not to get rough with other dogs and I don’t intend to be an irresponsible pittie owner. I’m also not a social type so it’s an effort to mix with others. Just an ordeal for the most part. But he is the most loving dog I’ve ever had. What a dichotomy.

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2024 5:26 AM

[quote]I repeat: why the obsession some on DL have about this breed of dog--so much so that multiple threads exist? Especially about a breed of dog you'll never own?

Because we own dogs they can attack, duh.

by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2024 1:16 PM

R69 I’ve noticed how Game of Thrones huskies have replaced Taco Bell chihuahuas in the shelters. Huskies are not a breed for beginners!

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2024 5:51 PM

To the ones who say pits are wonderful animals - so are lions. That doesn't mean they should be legal to have around people.

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2024 11:17 PM

"The shelters seem filled with..."

No shelter should be full. Sadly, if the dogs are not adoptable they need to be euthanized.

by Anonymousreply 73June 10, 2024 4:49 AM

I love dogs but pittbulls are just not attractive. I like a dog that's good looking, so what?

by Anonymousreply 74June 10, 2024 5:45 AM

So you're superficial, R74. Whether they are pretty or not is, believe it or not, not the issue.

by Anonymousreply 75June 11, 2024 4:24 AM

Are you new here, r75?

by Anonymousreply 76June 12, 2024 12:38 AM

There’s nothing wrong with liking a pretty dog. I happen to have a liking for short legged in -your-face types. This means terrier types mostly. Until my itty bitty pittie type.

by Anonymousreply 77June 12, 2024 3:56 AM

No, R76, I'm an old hand. But it does bear saying every so often.

by Anonymousreply 78June 13, 2024 5:01 AM

Oops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 14, 2024 1:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!