Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Crystal City Documentary - Meth Use in the NYC Gay Community

I haven't seen anything about this on The DL. It is very interesting and powerful documentary about meth in our community and the story of a few men who have lived through the hell of meth addiction. I've never done it and have never been in the drug scene so it was quite and eye opener.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2024 10:12 PM

anybody wanna parTy? 💨💨💨💨

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2024 2:02 AM

A whole new meaning to “Above the Clouds”

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2024 2:04 AM

LGBTQ?

Was meth ever a thing with lesbians - like gay men?

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2024 2:36 AM

Is this 2003?

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2024 2:38 AM

Op never got out much. It’s always been there, in your face. You were too shallow to see what was happening around you.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2024 2:41 AM

It's been a gay male thing for at least the last 25 years in it's present forms/applications.

As crack is to ghetto denizens, meth is to gay ones.

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2024 2:41 AM

It's mainly the monkey-see monkey-do gays without much of a clue about how to live without following the shallow crowd.

I have seen come car wrecks and to a person they were the shallow gays.

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2024 3:16 AM

You could not be more mistaken R7.

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2024 3:22 AM

[quote]Was meth ever a thing with lesbians - like gay men?

We've always been more into herbal teas, pizza, and canes.

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2024 3:25 AM

[quote]Was meth ever a thing with lesbians - like gay men?

No, because lesbians quickly tire of sex, they're fine with simply abusing alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2024 3:33 AM

I dated a girl then found out she was on meth. Thankfully I didn't move her in after the 1st date.

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2024 3:58 AM

It's the only thing that makes Michfest bearable.

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2024 4:30 AM

Not just the gay community. Trump might be on it too

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2024 4:56 AM

I'm looking for Tina...

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2024 4:58 AM

It's horrendous in LA especially West Hollywood. Fresh to the scene gays get sucked into the vorTex of meth or heroin no in-between. It's most sad when it's the young fresh-faced boys getting involved because you can see the degradation of their skin and attitudes so quick. Once promising now another statistic.

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2024 5:16 AM

Chris Burrous says that rumors of meth use in LA is a damn lie.

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2024 5:47 AM

It's been AT LEAST 25 years yes, I was one of those who took care of my friends while they tripped and or were speeding their tits off, good thing I was only very DRUNK, I did not partake and never have. Those were scary days.

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2024 5:48 AM

r14, she's getting the ax.

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2024 4:03 PM

I think an important lesson is that we are awful to each other and that there is really no community.

I always felt that a gay bar is the loneliest place on earth. Straight bars people actually talk to each other.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2024 9:51 PM

I can't think of a drug with a dirtier, trashier reputation. Worse than huffing a paper bag filled with patio sealant.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2024 10:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!