Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gilgo Beach Serial Killer Rex Heuermann Charged With 2 More Murders

Vile man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 21, 2024 12:12 AM

Sick motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2024 11:00 PM

imagine that mug being the last face you see on earth

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2024 11:26 PM

From Excel to Cell Block!

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2024 11:33 PM

All caps to boot.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2024 12:18 AM

This fatass. How did he overpower to many young and fit women?

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2024 12:21 AM

A big man - even an older one who isn't fit - can easily overpower a small female

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2024 1:11 AM

Was he a good architect?

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2024 1:28 AM

They found 350 electronic devices while searching his home?!

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2024 1:33 AM

r8 i had the same reaction. What the hell did he do with all of them?

Can't wait for the Dateline episode on this.

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2024 1:47 AM

Dildo Beach!

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2024 1:53 AM

Again, his resemblance to Sen. Mike Rounds is disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2024 2:13 AM

In interviews unrelated to the crimes, he comes across as such an arrogant individual. He's another one who thought he was the smartest guy in the room. I can't believe he wrote detailed notes on his computer about the killings and what changes and improvements needed to be done before the next killing.

This is the guy who used one of his victim's cell phone to call her sister and taunt her about the murder. Piece of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2024 2:25 AM

He wasn’t an architect. More like a building engineer aka maintenance guy.

Another uneducated slob who convinced himself he was somehow better than everyone else. I’m sure he’s a MAGAT too.

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2024 2:38 AM

r12, thanks for that article. I was able to discover what his electronic equipment consisted of:

[quote] The hard drive containing the once-deleted document is one of dozens of electronics investigators seized during their search warrants. Among the electronics recovered—which investigators are still going through—include 58 hard drives, 27 computers, 46 cellphones, 16 cameras, nine WI-FI routers, 17 tablets, 42 USB drives, eight laptops, 50 hotel cards and four GPS devices.

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2024 2:41 AM

You're welcome, R14. Was he hoarding all of those devices for decades because he was afraid they were too incriminating to dispose of?

I haven't really followed this case save for what I've seen on the local news because it is all just too gruesome. This man is beyond sadistic.

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2024 3:47 AM

He can’t spell at all

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2024 3:56 AM

[quote]REMOVE MARKS FROM TOURTURE

Oh, God.

(And what an idiot to put all this in writing.)

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2024 4:14 AM

I would venture a guess that many of his "electronic devices" have extensive photos of his "play time."

Fucking yikes. I'll bet they continue to connect him to many more victims.

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2024 4:18 AM

Also, perhaps his "non-profile" kills may have been his way of perfecting his techniques. They may have been easier to take down.

Clearly, his use of his checklist shows his dedication to his craft. We're probably at the beginning of his kill list. Because he's clearly someone who has done this for awhile, and how would he do this with family in the house as well? There might be another location he used for kills and "processing."

by Anonymousreply 19June 7, 2024 5:16 AM

Additional thought - I wonder how many other cases willACTUALLY be "discovered"/connected because there does seem to be some cover up or misdeeds/lack of follow through with the PDs involved. They would have an invested interest in covering up their BS when it came to investigations.

by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2024 5:20 AM

Although I, a true crime fan, have no interest in this story, Dateline has a new episode on this case tonight.

by Anonymousreply 21June 7, 2024 5:42 AM

Really, r21? Thanks for that info.

Now I'll have to find it though...thanks, Streaming!

by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2024 5:44 AM

R12

Similar to BTK and Leopold and Loeb (who were hilariously caught within a week of their “perfect crime”. Murderers are stupid, arrogant murderers even more so.

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2024 11:34 AM

[Quote] He wasn’t an architect. More like a building engineer aka maintenance guy.

Not quite. He was more like a building inspector.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2024 11:40 AM

Ugly, so DL sentences him to the guillotine!

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2024 11:42 AM

He was an “expeditor” for inspection-type issues. Very different from being an inspector.

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2024 11:45 AM

And that’s even more different from being a “maintenance guy.”

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2024 12:08 PM

FYI on what an expeditor does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2024 12:25 PM

Sorry, R22, I was mistaken. Tonight's Dateline is not on this topic.

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2024 11:00 PM

Ok, thanks for letting me know

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2024 11:02 PM

I think he looks like Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2024 1:23 AM

That, my friends, is the face of pure evil.

He called the time he would spend with his victims doing God knows what his "play time."

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2024 1:33 AM

You have to wonder what his wife and kid(s?) are thinking right now since that "kill" manifesto was found on his hard drive and has been made public.

We really need more coverage on this...are they in denial or are they just completely devastated? feeling disgusted knowing that killings took place at their home? are things falling into place for them (why is Dad constantly changing tires before necessary)?

I would be going over every odd little occurrence that I'd blown off and thought nothing of which now might be explained by this sick asshole's activities.

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2024 3:10 AM

I keep wondering what the hell this guy was doing since the Gilgo Beach bodies were found a decade ago. He didn't just stop killing and he isn't stupid. There are other victims and other dumping grounds he has used since then.

This is just the start of things. There is going to be future cases tying him to unsolved, sex worker cases in other areas that happened after the Gilgo Beach discoveries.

It is odd that no article makes an reference to this possibility.

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2024 3:42 AM

His wife has been showing up at his court hearings and won't believe that he is a serial killer. Yet, somehow, she recently filed for divorce.

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2024 3:45 AM

I agree, r34. This is the tip of the iceberg.

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2024 3:46 AM

R35, the divorce may be to protect their assets.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2024 5:11 AM

I never believe these people who "have no clue" about their spouse's double lives. He's gone that much, this guy had dozens of devices, that's got to cost some money at least. He just looks like a mean asshole, as well.

Even Ted Bundy's dizzy girlfriend tried to report him to the police.

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2024 5:15 AM

I hope I'm alive for this eventual Dateline or Forensic Files episode wherein they reveal all.

I'm a youngish oldster, but you never really know when you're going to die.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2024 5:23 AM

I feel very sorry for the people who are going through the 350 devices. How will they come out of it unscathed?

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2024 9:30 AM

Just smoke copious amounts of pot, silly.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2024 9:46 AM

[Quote] I'm a youngish oldster

I’m an oldish youngster.

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2024 10:10 PM

One of the new murders was from 1993. There is a 30-year span from that event until his arrest. The number of murdered sex workers is going to be high. The revelations from the continued investigations is going to be beyond awful.

by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2024 3:46 AM

R38, you were saying...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 14, 2024 5:01 AM

R34, I'm sure there are more to come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 14, 2024 5:09 AM

Yes, I just heard of the cannibalism allegations and the linking to his daughter's very disturbing posts on social media.

I also saw a pic of said daughter and his wife as well (sorry, no link), and they look very dead-eyed as he does.

by Anonymousreply 46June 14, 2024 5:24 AM

The one report states his family was out of state when five of the murders occurred. I wonder if the attorney could be sued for slander. The daughter's choice of subject matter is very disturbing and one could argue some of her paintings (?) look like victims but it's a bit of a stretch to say she was involved. Unless of course, they have more details they've yet to reveal.

by Anonymousreply 47June 14, 2024 5:35 AM

Send him to cell block h, cane him and hang him

by Anonymousreply 48June 14, 2024 5:42 AM

I really can't fathom how he could have committed these slaughters in the basement of his house and his family having NO idea that this was happening. And that he had enough self control to ONLY do this while they were "out of state?" How convenient.

I'll try to look for the pics of the wife and daughter. They're kind of scary.

by Anonymousreply 49June 14, 2024 5:43 AM

Here it is, from the DM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 14, 2024 5:48 AM

Rex Heuermann seemed to be "loved" by a number of people

Will the New York Post readers attempt to extoll him as a "neighborhood cleanup guy" when they learn he invited white, working class gals into his lovely Long Island neighborhood for their ultimate "clean up?"

by Anonymousreply 51June 14, 2024 5:57 AM

R49, I had the same thought. He had enough self-control to "schedule" the killings.

I also thought of Ted Bundy when the detectives were on to him and he knew he was being watched, he could not kill at will. He was a sadist who loved to pick his prey then begin his sadistic routine of chase and capture. With the police after him, he lost that luxury. That's when it built up to the point he went on that rampage in Florida at the sorority house.

R50, I suppose that's what a daughter and wife look like when they've recently learned their loved one has been charged with the brutal murders of young women. I've seen family photos of the mother, son and daughter and they looked like a normal happy family (pet dog included, lol.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 14, 2024 6:02 AM

I'm r49 and r50 - the same poster.

His daughter has a nightmarish/hard look about her, and the wife looks like someone resigned to his sick fascinations, to me.

I would imagine the apple didn't fall far off the tree, given her pics/posting on social medial.

by Anonymousreply 53June 14, 2024 6:07 AM

R53 - I didn't know he had a daughter, just a heavily "out-of-it" autistic son his mother kept away and protected. Are we being told now that he has a daughter accomplice?!?!

by Anonymousreply 54June 14, 2024 6:21 AM

Yes, r54...he has a daughter. Who apparently posted some disturbing "art work" on social media as well that brings her father's accusations into question.

by Anonymousreply 55June 14, 2024 6:29 AM

^^sorry, the accusations against her father into question

by Anonymousreply 56June 14, 2024 6:40 AM

I just found one of his daughter's pieces of "artwork" she uploaded to her Tumblr, and it's....chilling.

It shows a person "processing" a human body (dismembering it).

WTAF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 15, 2024 3:21 AM

Are you sure that isn't Mike Pompeo?

by Anonymousreply 58June 15, 2024 3:54 AM

This new info about the daughter's artwork is extremely disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 59June 15, 2024 4:22 AM

Damn it, he's ugly as hell.

by Anonymousreply 60June 15, 2024 5:40 AM

What actor could play Rex in a Netflix mini-series?

by Anonymousreply 61June 15, 2024 5:43 AM

Jonah Hill, once upon a time perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 62June 15, 2024 5:44 AM

Why not now? Lost too much weight?

by Anonymousreply 63June 15, 2024 5:50 AM

Yes^^

by Anonymousreply 64June 15, 2024 5:52 AM

Seeing that his daughter probably knew about his serial killing, it's even harder to believe that his wife had no clue.

by Anonymousreply 65June 15, 2024 5:54 AM

Trying to pin the murders on her as a defense though seems kind of weak given the fact that she wasn’t even born at the time of the first murder.

by Anonymousreply 66June 15, 2024 9:55 AM

John Carrol Lynch should play Rex.

Or the actor who played Coach Bieste on “Glee”

by Anonymousreply 67June 15, 2024 11:03 AM

R50 why are they dressed like that??

by Anonymousreply 68June 15, 2024 11:19 AM

I didn't know hw had a daughter in addition to the son with developmental disabilities. The art is just chilling. How old is she?

by Anonymousreply 69June 15, 2024 3:45 PM

[Quote] Seeing that his daughter probably knew about his serial killing,

What?

Because she posted horror images on tumblr? Using that logic half the teenagers in America knew.

by Anonymousreply 70June 15, 2024 4:08 PM

It’s a shame they’re all fat. Watching the biopic won’t be much fun.

by Anonymousreply 71June 15, 2024 4:09 PM

r70 did you LOOK at the images?? they mirror her father's recipe for how to process a body after a killing

by Anonymousreply 72June 15, 2024 4:27 PM

Also, one of her pics depicts how one of the victims was found, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 73June 15, 2024 4:31 PM

The daughter posts artwork that depicts how to "process" a body upon killing (which mirrors her father's checklist on how to kill) and also how one of the victims was found (impaled on antlers) and we are to told this has nothing to do with her father's murders.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

by Anonymousreply 74June 15, 2024 5:47 PM

Daughter seems to love that cheap infinity scarf. I've seen it in two pictures now. Guilty!

by Anonymousreply 75June 16, 2024 2:00 AM

But wait there's more...(not bodies, thank God.)

I don't know if this contains the same info as the reports from last week but it's from the NYT so I assume it's new reporting. Honestly, I don't want to delve too deeply into the details of this case because it's just so disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 21, 2024 12:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!