Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rob Schneider Booed, Pulled Off Stage During Charity Gig

[quote]People at the event say Schneider regaled the fundraiser with a routine full of antivaxx and anti-trans jokes, just the kind of material that gets health-care advocates to open up their checkbooks and donate big bucks. After the boos and several people walking out of the performance, per Global News, Schneider was asked to leave the stage before he could finish his routine.

Who on earth hires Rob Fucking Schneider for ANYTHING in 2024?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2024 7:47 PM

He better hope Adam Sandler takes pity on him

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2024 10:01 PM

He's untalented, unfunny and ugly - a triple threat.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2024 10:02 PM

His daughter the singer seems pretty liberal, she seems like a hot mess too though

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2024 10:04 PM

He’s a clogged douche nozzle.

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2024 10:05 PM

Richard Dreyfuss also made some stupid remarks recently, glad people are standing up to these MAGA types

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2024 10:09 PM

Health care advocates would not support an anti-vaxxer.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2024 10:17 PM

Was he ever funny? I only remember the Copy Boy sketch where he was kind of amusing until they ran it into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2024 10:25 PM

I'm shocked at how many former SNL cast members are MAGATS.

Rob Schneider, Jon Lovitz, Victoria Jackson, Dennis Miller, Adam Sandler, and probably a lot more.

It's pretty sad.

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2024 11:45 PM

You forgot me! It's okay. Everyone does

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2024 11:49 PM

Allan said comedian Rob Schneider's set included transphobic, misogynistic and anti-vax jokes. Allan said he was horrified by the content as a Black, queer person who works in equity, diversity and inclusion.

"Everyone in the room was groaning, saying, 'What is going on?' Like whispering to themselves. Not a single laugh at times," Allan said. "It was just very apparent how uncomfortable everyone felt and how unacceptable the things he was talking about were."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2024 11:52 PM

My son was given a free ticket to see his stand up routine last year. Said he is very right wing and it was marginally funny at best.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2024 11:58 PM

Is he still friends with Adam Sandler?

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2024 12:08 AM

If he wants to eat, he is r12

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2024 12:14 AM

Why would a health care organization book an anti-vaxxer?

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2024 12:17 AM

I love that they interrupted his set and had him leave the stage while in the middle of his diatribe.

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2024 12:19 AM

“Allan said he was horrified by the content as a Black, queer person who works in equity, diversity and inclusion.”

Now that’s funny

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2024 12:20 AM

Whoever hired him didn't do their homework. He probably was inexpensive.

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2024 12:21 AM

Tina Fey had his number years ago. She said it was horrible that Jan Hooks didn't have a post-SNL movie career but Rob fucking Schneider did.

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2024 12:53 AM

Jan was funny in Coneheads

by Anonymousreply 19June 7, 2024 1:01 AM

[quote] Is he still friends with Adam Sandler?

Yes

by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2024 1:01 AM

Tina Fey is an insufferable, unfunny cunt.

by Anonymousreply 21June 7, 2024 2:04 AM

This reminds me when, decades ago, a baseball team (or the MLB organization) hired Roseanne Barr to sing the national anthem. What do you expect, really?

by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2024 2:46 AM

I love that they made him leave before he was done with his shitty routine.

Bye bitch.

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2024 3:39 AM

[quote]Tina Fey is an insufferable, unfunny cunt.

You misspelled "Rob Schneider" there, bub.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2024 5:06 AM

Seriously, R8, WTF happened there?

I mean, Victoria Jackson has been awful for a very long time (she was awful while still on the show I hear), but the others didn't SEEM terrible until more recently.

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2024 7:35 AM

I’m not surprised. Comedy that punches down is rarely funny. It’s lazy and has no point other than cruelty.

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2024 8:25 AM

Law of averages. It’s like your high school class. If you go on Facebook, half of them are in MLM schemes and defending Trump.

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2024 12:35 PM

Yes R27, but some careers attract certain type personalities. Actors and comedians tend to be more open and accepting of others. I would think there would be a higher percentage of that personality type on SNL than the conservative-leaning type.

If I recall correctly, Dennis Miller changed his political beliefs after 9/11. I would assume some former cast members become more conservative as they get older and it's now reflected in their political leanings.

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2024 3:47 PM

Had no idea about Lovitz. Very disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2024 4:05 PM

R25, I remember a list on some website of SNL performers listed from worst to best. Ranked worst was RDJ.

Now he was no good at all on that show, but he could have spent his time on screen in a sugar coma and given the viewer more to look at than Victoria fucking Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2024 4:14 PM

There were a number of great performers who were on SNL but weren't a good fit for that type of show...RDJ, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Joan Cusack, Janeane Garofalo.

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2024 7:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!