Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would Trump ever be brazen enough to put Junior Jackass on the ticket as VP nominee?

MAGAT heads would explode in glee.

I could see him doing it too, because Junior is the one person he could control completely, and do anything his father asked him to do.

No more Mike Pence disloyalty like what happened on January 6, 2021.

Junior Jackass would have stopped the certification.

I only ask, because it seems like Trump is sending Junior Jackass to meet foreign heads of state, and I'd like to know WHY.

Is Trump preparing for a family dynasty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 11, 2024 1:41 AM

Oh look another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2024 6:46 PM

If Dump were to - god forbid - win in 2024, he can still run again in 2028. I could see him putting Junior on the ticket at that point for the very "dynasty" factor you raise.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2024 6:57 PM

I'd love to see Eric. He's a circus by himself.

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2024 7:07 PM

No. Even Dump knows his spawn is a complete fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2024 7:08 PM

[quote] No. Even Dump knows his spawn is a complete fucking idiot.

True, but as they say, he's a "useful idiot."

Trump doesn't need him to think.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2024 7:09 PM

R4 that's the whole point with the deplorables...they keep them stupid so they can have total control over their fellow morons

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2024 7:11 PM

Doesn't he think Ivanka is "smarter"? ... relative term here?

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2024 7:21 PM

R5, he wouldn't be useful, just an idiot. Dump may want a yes man, but one who knows how to tie his own shoes.

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2024 7:22 PM

[quote] Doesn't he think Ivanka is "smarter"? ... relative term here?

Haven't you heard?

Ivanka has left "The Firm."

She wants no part of it, after that disastrous first term.

She lost all her friends, and New Yorkers have turned their backs on her.

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2024 7:26 PM

OP, yes, he’s brazen enough.

He’ll choose Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2024 7:32 PM

I thought big fat Ron had a shot

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2024 8:03 PM

Will they have to drug test Jr then? FAIL

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2024 8:05 PM

And Jared will continue with his dermabrasion and facelifts. I truly hate saying this but before he turned to wax he was a goodlooking guy. Now he's straight out of a Vincent Price horror movie. He got the face he deserved long before he was supposed to.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote]She lost all her friends, and New Yorkers have turned their backs on her.

BooHoo, meanwhile her husband has become a Billionaire. She's crying all the way to the bank.

They are quite a unique couple, both have fathers who are convicted felons. An actual crime family, not just a slur.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2024 8:07 PM

Don Jr is likely going to these foreign countries to sample the coke and make sure all coke shipments make it to America on a regular schedule

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2024 8:17 PM

I don't think Trump respects Eric or Don Jr.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2024 10:02 PM

Trump doesn't respect anybody but himself, R16.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2024 10:09 PM

[quote] If Dump were to - god forbid - win in 2024, he can still run again in 2028.

No he can't. It's two terms, period.

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2024 10:15 PM

Unconstitutional.

They both live in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2024 10:20 PM

I think he sees him as too much of a loser and would be afraid he would lose votes.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2024 10:42 PM

r18 & r2 If Trump wins in 2024 there won't be any more terms, just lifelong appointments.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2024 10:47 PM

[quote]If Dump were to - god forbid - win in 2024, he can still run again in 2028.

No he can't R2.

That would spark a long overdue civil war R21 and the outcome will be something like Gilead from the Handmaid's Tale.

by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2024 3:28 AM

He's looking for a place to flee.

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2024 3:44 AM

R18 R22 Thank you for correcting me. .. For some reason, I had it in my head that that a third term was possible, if the first two terms weren't consecutive and was thinking of the Grover Cleveland example, who only ended up not running for a third term (after his first two, non-consecutive terms) because of internal politics within his own party. I'm relieved to know that I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2024 8:41 AM

Trump is probably going to do something shocking. Wait for it. Not Jr. Mint. Truth is he can't stand Donnie, Jr. But while all the speculation is afoot about who he will choose, Tim Scott, Rubio, De Santis, etc. I am predicting he will choose a woman. Not Nikki Haley . He can't stand her. I predict he will choose Sarah Huckabee Sanders. She is LOYAL.She is a known entity. He is comfortable with her, adn would order her around with no problem. And to the extent he trusts anyone who used to work for him, he trusts her. In fact, Stephen Miller, Michael Flynn and Sarah were probably the three people he trusted most in his administration. And Sarah knows exactly how to handle him. I know. It's nauseating to even think of it. But the possibility is much higher than many people realize.

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2024 8:55 AM

She better triple her ozempic then

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2024 1:12 PM

Not in Vermont.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2024 1:20 PM

He’ll gain votes from adding any woman to the ticket

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2024 1:27 PM

The Vermont GOP will not be the least bit deterred by “rules.”

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2024 1:29 PM

Sarah Huckabee Sanders has her own prosecution to worry about, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2024 2:22 PM

What did Sarah do?

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2024 2:54 PM

Crimes against fashion plus being rubbish at her job

by Anonymousreply 32June 7, 2024 3:04 PM

When my brother was potus he gave me some great important jobs to do. And a govt salary.

by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2024 3:08 PM

Trumps VP will be a man. A man who will bring some votes with him. A godly hetro man.

by Anonymousreply 34June 7, 2024 3:10 PM

If you don't approve of VP, how about Attorney General ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 7, 2024 3:19 PM

Tommy Tuberville for Orange Jesus' VP

I mean, why not? Just scrape the bottom of that barrel of shit. In fact, tip up that barrel of shit and look at what's seeped out of that container of feces and you'll find Tommy Tuberville, tossing a football and waiting to be told what to do and say by Putin. I mean, by Trump. Or, anyone really.

Tommy Tuberville's half active brain cell for Trump's VP.

by Anonymousreply 36June 7, 2024 3:30 PM

Sarah is involved in the coverup of the purchase of a $24,000 podium, R31. It's not the egregious cost ($24k for a wooden stand? I'm sure I could find a dozen handymen who would build a beautiful podium for $2400) part that is the scandal, although that adds to the overall icky-ness of her acts, it's that she was caught wasting taxpayer money, lied about it, and tried to cover it up.

by Anonymousreply 37June 7, 2024 4:08 PM

Trump would never pick Huckabeast. He’s shallow and wants an attractive ticket (I know he’s on it but…)

by Anonymousreply 38June 7, 2024 4:30 PM

Huckabeast also revised child labor laws so now even younger children can work in the slaughter houses of her chief benefactor, Tyson Foods.

Of course, that will only endear her more to Republicans and MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2024 7:59 PM

R37 wasn't that a coverup for a holiday?

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2024 8:11 PM

"He’ll gain votes from adding any woman to the ticket"

Hunh? Republicans hate women. Republican WOMEN hate women. Believe me, he won't even pick a minority.

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2024 8:29 PM

Trump hates women and would never pick a woman for VP.

I thought it was down to 4 people:

JD Vance

Marco Rubio

Doug Burgum

Tim Scott

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2024 8:36 PM

That foam party fagggottt Marco is never getting the spot

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2024 8:40 PM

This is Maryam Mirzakhani, an Iranian mathematician who was one of only two women to have won the Fields Medal (basically, the Nobel Prize of mathematics).

She died of cancer at 40.

And yet ... AND YET ... the Orange Menace somehow still walks among us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2024 8:42 PM

^The fact that shyster cornball JD Vance is mentioned as a VP candidate makes me fucking sick.

by Anonymousreply 45June 7, 2024 8:45 PM

JD Vance also licks Trumps shit encrusted asshole, so there's another reason he's a good choice for Trump's VP.

by Anonymousreply 46June 7, 2024 8:48 PM

Indeed. I fear it will be JD Vance. He's smart, educated, manipulative and capable (which gives rise to my greatest fear that Trump dies and someone like Vance ascends to the presidency where he could do some significant damage) but downplays it all. He's the perfect MAGAt having grown up poor, used public assistance to go to school (including Harvard), got rich and now wants to pull ladder up behind himself so no other poor, smart kid could ever have the same opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 47June 7, 2024 8:56 PM

R47 the scramble to be hid VP is based on their assumption that at some point they WILL be POTUS. THis time around Trump is just the instrument to get the Extremists into the WH. He will quickly become irrelevant once they gain entree. He'll be the show pony while they enact policies. Vance and guys like Stephen Miller are probably the most dangerous choices.

by Anonymousreply 48June 7, 2024 9:17 PM

[quote] Hunh? Republicans hate women. Republican WOMEN hate women. Believe me, he won't even pick a minority.

The flashback threads from 2016 also discuss the Hillary landslide because republicans hate everybody. Thanks to whoever dug them up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 7, 2024 9:46 PM

R41

Sadly trump is going to prove what a piss poor political forecaster you are. Trump is going to make you his bitch you are so wrong.

I wish you were correct but you are not. Trump wants to win.

by Anonymousreply 50June 7, 2024 10:06 PM

This is what it reminds me of. Jackie Gleason saying “hold my hat son”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2024 11:06 PM

What happened to the speculation about Tucker Carlson?

by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2024 11:57 PM

If Tucker Carlson even thinks about being Trump's running mate, Sean Hannity will slice him in pieces and feed him to the sharks.

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2024 1:32 AM

My money's on Vance.

by Anonymousreply 54June 8, 2024 1:40 AM

Personally I think he'd be making a mistake to grab a Senator. He needs to senate. I think he will look at governors or former guys.

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2024 1:52 AM

Nope. Vance talked a lot of shit about Trump. He demands 100% loyalty like some kind of middle school mafiosa.

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2024 1:52 AM

What does Vance bring to the table? Nothing. Trump is also looking at $$$. That greedy pig will probably be looking at who is willing to buy in. Yes. He is exactly the guy who would sell the VP slot to the highest bidder, who agrees with him.

by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2024 2:00 AM

Vivian Vance?

by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2024 3:34 AM

I’ve had sufficient

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2024 4:01 AM

I think he'll unearth his long lost aunt Mrs. Euphegenia Doubtfire-Trump and chose her as a running mate.

Fist term as tragedy, second term as farce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2024 4:21 AM

R60 is that the one they recorded on tape railing against Trump? “….AND THE LYING!”

by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2024 4:32 AM

Musk.

by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2024 5:10 AM

R57

Trump is thinking about votes, about winning, about dominating everything. Of being above the law. If you think this is just about trump getting richer you are as wrong as wrong can be. I mean how fucking clueless?

by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2024 11:02 AM

How would Vance (or Rubio or any of the others named) help Trump get new voters? Vance is notoriously anti-abortion and even anti-birth control, and brings all the other MAGA policies. So far his best gambit is to repeat ad nauseam that under Trump "there weren't wars breaking out and runaway inflation," which is easily disproved. He has the same ceiling as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2024 11:28 AM

R64

Rubio would have to leave the senate or leave Florida and Vance brings nothing that would help. Those that see themselves as the anti racists are going to be wrong about this , Trump is going to do exactly what you claim he won’t.

He will then own you for being stupid.

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2024 12:00 PM

When Trump got Pence he assured himself of the Evangelical votes and the Koch brothers' organization and $$$ backed him. Manafort arranged it. Now I have read that Manafort is "advising" Trump again, and maybe he is setting things up. Maybe the Extreme Right is thinking of establishing their White Christian Nationalist nation by using Trump to get into the WH. Trump is weaker now than he was in 2017. His VP would need toa ssert power so it would have to be someone they feel comfortable with. J.D. Vance is just the kind of gut they would pick. And he is a dangerous choice. There is no safe equation. We just have to beat these fuckers really bad. We have to kick asses and finish the job we started in 2020. We have to defeat them everywhere all at once.

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2024 12:28 PM

Trump is a deity to many evangelicals now. He doesn't need a Pence. He needs someone to attract the edgelords, to "trigger" the Libs, to seal the deal on how anti-woke he is. His VP will be odious.

It'll be someone everyone with any true patriotism and common sense will be physically revolted by; someone like Flynn, Musk, or Hawley.

Of note: if he gets back in, he plans on putting blobface Ted Cruz on the Supreme Court. Ted Cruz. If that isn't enough to cause you to vote against him, I don't know WTF is!

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2024 1:24 PM

And you know this about Cruz, how?

by Anonymousreply 68June 8, 2024 2:30 PM

Here you go, R68. Feast your eyes!

"Donald Trump says Ted Cruz is on his list of potential second-term Supreme Court picks"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2024 3:01 PM

R67 who thinks his enemy will think and act exactly as they want them to think and act. An approach often taken by the soon to be defeated.

Trumps VP pick will end up stealing at least a few votes from the Dems, Trumps VP pick will be made to appeal to the moderates on the fence, POC, woman. Two out of the three at least. And he won’t give a shit how unhappy his maga base is or isn’t because he knows they will never leave him.

And no matter how anti choice his VP mate will be they will down play abortion—-leave it to the states.

Trump only cares about wining. Not about making a fucking statement.

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2024 3:14 PM

Would love to see Cruz skewered by a Democratic Senate. But I suspect Trump drops these hints to keep the likes of Cruz in line.

by Anonymousreply 71June 8, 2024 10:46 PM

If we don't get off our asses and organize and get out the vote, we will not have a Democratic Senate. We are definitely losing West Virginia. But Tester in Montana, and the young woman running for an open seat in Maryland, and Sherrod Brown in Ohio, all need help. They're fighting for their lives. The former, "moderate" Republican governor of Maryland, Hogan, is running for a seat vacated by a retiring Democrat. His Democratic opponent is a Black woman. So please focus some energy on those races. Also focus energy on state legislative races because these Republican majorities in our state legislatures are really fucking us over. We have a lot of work to do. We can "exhale" and relax in January, but right now we gotta get it done.

by Anonymousreply 72June 8, 2024 11:13 PM

Allegedly the race for Senate in Florida has tightened and t here's a woman challenging Rick Scott, AKA The Skeletor. We not only have to hold what we can, but we have to flip a couple of seats. This is going to be tough.

by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2024 11:15 PM

I think it will be Doug Burgum because no one knows him and he is forgettable.

JD, Marco and Tim Scott all have presidential aspirations. Trump can’t trust them. Plus Scott is black which the deplorables don’t want.

Elise Stefanik is too ugly for Trump.

Actually none of them help him,

by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2024 11:23 PM

I am so tired of media saying Florida might turn purple. Not going to happen. It's always a bust. Lucy with the football.

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2024 11:51 PM

Larry Hogan didn't sufficiently suck Trump's cock after the conviction, so I think he's out. I still think Missouri (Hawley) and Texas (Cruz) are in play.

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2024 11:58 PM

My money is on JD Vance, he's the strong man Trump jerks off to every night. Dump is weak and getting weaker by the day. JD represents testosterone to him, even if it does not bring in another single vote.

Don't underestimate that strong man BS line. Someone I work with went there saying the most important character of a president is that he be strong, like Trump, not weak like Biden. When people say that, I love to bring up that it's only important to those with daddy issues. I would rather have a president is is the smartest and most capable of doing the job. And Trump is not strong, he dodged the draft claiming bone spurs. She shut the fuck up after that.

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2024 11:59 PM

I meant their Senate races, not their VP chances.

by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2024 12:04 AM

He requires absolute loyalty. He’ll pick a cowardly toady

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2024 12:05 AM

You rang?

by Anonymousreply 80June 9, 2024 12:26 AM

R79

How many people have you hired that you suspected would not be loyal to you when you hired them?

More than one?

by Anonymousreply 81June 9, 2024 1:55 PM

If he were going to reach for a family member it would be Jared. Except Jared has probably been singing.

by Anonymousreply 82June 9, 2024 2:28 PM

What about Manface Lara? Would he pick her?

by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2024 2:57 PM

R83 from what I've read, gossip of course, but he loathes Lara.

by Anonymousreply 84June 9, 2024 4:41 PM

Lara, no way, she's a joke. However I could see him making her something like press secretary. She's the kind of dismissive cunt he likes.

On a side note, was it an arranged marriage with Eric? How did he end up with someone in politics like her?

by Anonymousreply 85June 10, 2024 11:49 AM

if he wins the electoral college, you can bet he's president for life -and he will install Jr as VP .I'm not trying to be funny or bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 86June 10, 2024 12:24 PM

Look, as crazy as Trump is now he'll be stark raving mad by election time (if he's not already locked up in an asylum). The time is rapidly approaching where even the MAGATS are going to see that is is pathologically insane. He's having a harder and harder time pretending to be normal when he's in public these days. Soon enough what he considers normal is going to be so damn batshit crazy everyone (other than the MAGATS who are already batshit crazy) will see that the man has lost his mind and can't be trusted.

Should the worst thing happen and he wins the election I can foresee what I've said many times before. We will life through the first military takeover of the US government. The leaders of our military branches are not going to sit back and allow a lunatic order them to do anything that is crazy. And if he does become POTUS again I eagerly await the day that may happen. Nothing I'd rather see than Trump and possible his 2 adult sons, and all his cabinet members along with many members of Congress being rounded up and put in handcuffs by a phalanx of MPs, and hauled off to jail.

by Anonymousreply 87June 10, 2024 12:33 PM

R87, I hope he continues to have his rallies. I t hink a lot of people show up out of curiosity and when they see the shape he is in, they will stay home and not vote. At this point he has the MAGA crazies, and the curious coming out to see him. What pisses me off is the Republicans like our governor in GA and Nikki Haley who have openly shown how they feel about Trump, and yet they intend to support him and vote for him. Party over country. It's disgusting. But honestly, the more he is out here and people see this public unraveling, and the more the media continues to put lipstick on this pig, the better it is for the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 88June 10, 2024 1:58 PM

Who would his kids be without him? Only Ivanka is super rich, but because she married into the Kushner Crime Family (similar for Tiff; who knows if she'll ever make a living as a lawyer). God knows what's to become of Barron, but the other two are totally dependent on daddy.

by Anonymousreply 89June 10, 2024 2:10 PM

I love how Trump obsessed OP is that even the fact that this is unconstitutional or that Trump is known to dislike his sons doesn’t stop him from suggesting it.

OP you may want to temper your Trump obsession because it’s going to be a draining four years.

by Anonymousreply 90June 10, 2024 2:13 PM

R90 I am hoping we end this shit in November. Not a grueling 4 years. We need to vote all the Republicans out of office where ever we can. All of them. To the degree the Republican PArty suffers a resounding defeat up and down ballot races everywhere all at once should be our goal. In fact I think I will promote that.

by Anonymousreply 91June 10, 2024 3:14 PM

Without Trump, Donnie Jr. will OD. Soon. Without Trump Eric and Lara will set up a website and sell shit with the rest of the conspiracy crowd and it might work. Lara will be the driving force. At some point Eric will become a property manager in NYC. That way he'll get free room and board, and Lara will divorce him.

by Anonymousreply 92June 10, 2024 3:17 PM

R91

See the problem is that is never ever going to happen. Because in order to do that you would need to steal a very significant number of their supporters away from the GOP. And that is not even being tried.

Right now a fairly evenly split country. Don’t see that changing any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 93June 10, 2024 3:50 PM

If he loses, he's done, he would be 84 if he tried to run again. But I would not put it past him, it's conceivable he could still delay all his other trials another 4 more years. He's managed to do it so far.

by Anonymousreply 94June 10, 2024 10:13 PM

[quote] Manface Lara

You mean the former Hooters waitress, now running the RNC?

by Anonymousreply 95June 10, 2024 10:35 PM

R85, when they met she was a segment producer for Inside Edition, so right up the Trump alley, as it were.

Politics came after her father-in-law entered the fray.

by Anonymousreply 96June 10, 2024 10:48 PM

If Trump loses, it’s the end of the road. Republicans are not so stupid as to try a fourth time.

by Anonymousreply 97June 10, 2024 10:52 PM

What are his qualifications? From what I can see, the only thing Don Jr has done ... is an awful lot of coke.

by Anonymousreply 98June 10, 2024 11:00 PM

[quote] Republicans are not so stupid as to try a fourth time.

When he loses again, he will run again in 2028. The Republicans will only be rid of him when he's buried in a solid gold coffin on the golf course.

by Anonymousreply 99June 10, 2024 11:17 PM

That fucker is going to demand an Arlington burial and an eternal flame 5 feet tall

by Anonymousreply 100June 10, 2024 11:28 PM

Trump may pick Caitlyn Jenner. Checks a lot of boxes.

by Anonymousreply 101June 10, 2024 11:37 PM

R97, the threat from the Extreme Right will not go away with Trump's defeat. It will fade for a time while they squabble over leadership, but eventually someone will emerge probably from the Media and they will try again. It's going to take a generation to rebuild the Republican Party as an organization that upholds our Constitution and supports democracy.

by Anonymousreply 102June 10, 2024 11:51 PM

How embarrassing for our country if Trump ran a fourth time. Hopefully he is in a jail cell well before and beyond 2028.

by Anonymousreply 103June 11, 2024 12:02 AM

Is it really unconstitutional for a father and son to run as President and Vice-President?

I had no idea.

Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 104June 11, 2024 1:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!