Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HELP, Datalounge! Newly Single in NYC at 50- How Do I meet men my age or older?

I was in a twenty year relationship that I am happy is over. I am still good looking and in great shape. However, I have no clue how to find guys, tried the apps and it's a waste of time with demon twinks, drug users and flakes everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2024 2:15 PM

how 'bout hunting around in the bushes in Central Park after 1AM or perhaps down by the waterfront on the LES... heard there's some good action going on 🙄

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2024 4:49 PM

Hi, I’m Anonymous. What are you into? Can you host?

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2024 5:43 PM

We can't help you without pics

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2024 5:56 PM

Hang out at Ross Dress For Less on Tuesdays. Senior discount day

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2024 6:08 PM

Focus on living an awesome, fulfilling life. Fill your days with activities that get you out there. Make a point of trying new things and saying yes to invitations which you might have otherwise have said no too. There's nothing more attractive than a successful, happy, good-looking man who knows what he wants and is out there making it happen. Guys will take notice. Also, give yourself a little time. It seems like the best connections come when we're not trying so hard to force them into being. Best wishes, OP! PS. Clear your place of the items that are the wreckage of your previous relationship. Just tuck that stuff away in a box somewhere, or perhaps pitch altogether.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2024 6:10 PM

no *to. (typo)

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2024 6:11 PM

Piano bar -- there's gotta be a piano bar in NYC, right?

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2024 6:45 PM

How IS The Townhouse these days? Is it still worth a visit?

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2024 6:57 PM

Move to Palm Springs. You're practically jailbait there.

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2024 7:02 PM

You forgot to mention assets, salary, bank account, portfolio...

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2024 7:05 PM

Townhouse is awesome

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2024 7:12 PM

Pay.

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2024 7:30 PM

OP, if you’re still good looking and in shape, you’ll have no problems. Avoid being desperate.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2024 7:48 PM

Stay away from the gay pack and you might meet someone. You will definitely not meet anyone at a bar, club, gaycation, Fire Island or Ptown. I can assure you that. Hopefully over the past 20 years you have cultivated an interesting network of friends. Put them to work. Ask if they know any nice, single men. Also your days of being picky about looks are over. At 50+, it's not as much about sex anyway. Find a nice guy close to you own age and settle down.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2024 7:49 PM

Your credibility is lost on me after “demon twinks…”

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2024 8:19 PM

It's all a waste of time, OP. Relationships are just money. Get a life, interests, hobbies, passions. You are your own best friend.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2024 8:26 PM

I finally met a great guy on Tinder three years ago. I am 58, and he is 62. A lot of online chats and some in person non sexual dates that went no where before meeting him. Avoid the bars and the major gay getaway locales unless you have a lot of money or 6% body fat and a monster cock.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2024 8:39 PM

See above. Most friendship is feigning.

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2024 8:41 PM

OP, since you’re good looking, in great shape, and obviously humble, I wonder why men are not falling at your feet.

OK, maybe I’m just envious… since I’m older than you, average looking, in so-so shape. In other words, I have absolutely positively given up on the possibility of actually dating. But if you’re the catch you imply you are, you should not have a hard time.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2024 9:00 PM

don't you have friends who can introduce their friends to you?

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2024 11:02 PM

R20, you were asking OP, right?

Or were you actually responding to me? If you were, most of my friends - and my friends’ friends - are already partnered.

(Or they’re perceptive enough to get that I’m not boyfriend material. And polite enough not to say that to my face!)

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2024 12:54 AM

R5 grandmama chiming in from the nursing home

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2024 1:16 AM

I think you just have to live your life for yourself. You may never find another long-term relationship.

That said, let all your friends know you're single and ready to find someone.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2024 6:54 AM

Nursing home?

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2024 9:33 AM

Gay yoga classes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2024 9:45 AM

A friend older than you got on Silver Singles and almost immediately met a great guy in his early 60s.

They’ve been dating long-distance for a while… visiting each other all the time. It’s been fantastic.

The apps can work.

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2024 10:36 AM

gay nude yoga is SUPER fun

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2024 11:27 AM

OP here, thanks for all the constructive comments/advice and criticism.

I love gay nude yoga and will be looking for a group in NYc, have not been able to practice since before COVID. I've been attending a few sex parties which are fun but not conducive to making friends/activity partners- I have tried! I am doing everything I can to keep myself open, busy and engaged in all NYC has to offer. Also just signed up for silver singles!

by Anonymousreply 28June 13, 2024 5:25 PM

Bars and clubs and not ideal unless you are just looking to hook-up. Check for a subreddit group on Reddit for your neighborhood. Most communities have a variety of groups meetings for different interests and categories that may be of interest to you. That's the best way to find like-minded individuals that you can hang-out with, get to know and perhaps establish friendships.

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2024 12:04 AM

Get on your knees and spread ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2024 12:40 AM

You realize most gay men over 50 are single don't you? Do you really want to get shit on? Over 50 and gay means death and uglyness

by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2024 1:37 AM

Hon, yer done, mkay?

by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2024 1:39 AM

FWIW, I'm attending a "daddy" event this Father's Day and I'm hoping to score a thirtysomething or two for the evening.

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2024 2:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!