Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Whatever happened with the lesbian stabbing in Georgia

This is ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2024 6:36 AM

If you read the description in the article, that was a pretty brutal murder.

I wonder if we'll ever know what happened...

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2024 2:43 PM

I'm stabbing you NOW, so I won't have to stab you later ...

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2024 2:47 PM

The fact that a crime is unsolved is not “ridiculous.”

It’s just one of those things.

Life goes on.

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2024 2:49 PM

Imagine if this happened to you and the murderer was just never caught, Pats.

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2024 2:50 PM

And what about the Dallas A Gay?

And the Detroit Doctor?

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2024 2:54 PM

Awful death. I hadn't read about this before.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2024 3:01 PM

Excuse me—they never caught my daughter’s killer.

Did I wallow?

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2024 3:07 PM

Despite the inroads we've made in broader social acceptance, gay murders and disappearances still seem to go unsolved at curiously high rates (except in the most obvious cases of domestic violence).

This thread reminded me of Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner. That investigation is still open but law enforcement is confident the killer was a man who later committed suicide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2024 3:20 PM

I saw one person say that the letters may be Rune carvings, carvings which look like letters.

The gay community has made no noise about this case and her wife and the wife’s mother are saying nothing.

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2024 3:45 PM

What are the police theories on the double murder? Was it a "personal killing" or urban youths "high as Fuck" in the mood for killing?

I am guessing the police checked into the couple's relationship& their friends. Someone knows something, unless it was "random, spur of the moment Killing" Was their insurance, trust funds, and property involved? I don't anyone living in Atlanta anymore.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2024 3:51 PM

Comments on Reddit claim that the victim’s girlfriend bought a condo with money raised by crowdfunding to help find the killer(s).

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2024 3:54 PM

I think it's the girlfriend. I hadn't even heard the condo thing yet. I wonder if they ever fixed the cameras?

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2024 3:56 PM

Fani Willis is being blamed in part for pulling funds from the agencies for the Trump trial, which isn’t even happening now. It’s complete incompetency.

Aren’t there easier places to kill someone that in a park like that with a dog? I mean, if it was personal. I wonder if she has a jilted ex. The girlfriend did have a tracker on Katie and could see where she was and the dog obviously didn’t put up much of a fuss - unless multiple people were involved.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2024 4:08 PM

I really hate reading stories about dogs being killed like that, What is wrong with people?

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2024 4:34 PM

[quote]What are the police theories on the double murder?

What double murder, R10? The article at OPś link includes a police update on two unsolved murders, the other of Prince Oluzor a month later at a gas station, rushed by three people and shot. Outside of both cases being unsolved, there's no link.

The murder of Katie Janness was indeed brutal: more than 50 stab wounds, more than 15 to her head and face, her breasts mutilated, and also stab woulds to her torso and lower back and the business of letters carved in her torso.

On the surface, it doesn't seem like a random mugging or act of random violence. Also the dog was large enough that a random attacker ought to given at least a little pause in choosing Janness as a target.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2024 4:34 PM

[quote] March 25, 2024 (Reuters) - Georgia's ruling party on Monday introduced a bill curtailing LGBT rights, a move seen by opponents as an attempt to boost its popularity ahead of elections in the conservative South Caucasus country, a candidate for European Union membership.

Seems nobody here got the memo. Case dropped.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2024 4:42 PM

The dog leads me to believe she knew the attacker

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2024 4:45 PM

Drug deal?

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2024 4:47 PM

No speculation on the carving for fat.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2024 4:48 PM

The number of stab wounds listed in the autopsy report is just unreal. Whoever did this was in a frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2024 4:51 PM

I always thought it was the girlfriend too. And she had to take the dog out first because it would have of course defended that poor woman. Too many stab wounds. It could only be love.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2024 4:51 PM

Joseph Scott Morgan, a former Fulton County, Georgia, medical examiner, made this podcast episode providing insight into the disturbing details of Katie's autopsy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2024 7:34 PM

We don’t know what the dog was like, do we? Some dogs are docile. I wonder if it was more than one person. The person could have been on drugs.

Here’s the thing, if someone wanted to kill her, a set up, someone she knew, you wouldn’t choose a park to do it in with a dog in her hand. This is the bit that makes me think it wasn’t someone she knew. There are much easier ways and places to kill someone rather than out in the open. The person could have been on bath salts. I’d need to see the letter carvings to conclude that they are indeed letters. They may have looked like letters. I mean, she was stabbed 50 times. How much room was there to carve something. I’ve also wondered if she was there to score drugs. A person would easily take a dog with them. I guess it could have been a jilted lover or someone she was meeting to have an affair with in private, still though, to do that in a park that time of night is a stretch. The thing that is certain is that this person had to have blood all over them. It’s unlikely that they killed her elsewhere and then dumped the body. I wonder if this will ever be solved. It might take a few killings to link it back to her. Hopefully they have DNA. That would make this much easier to solve.

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2024 7:41 PM

Here's the link to the autopsy report. Gruesome death. It's mind-boggling that the killer(s) had time to do all of this at an entrance of a park with so much pedestrian traffic. There were several people coming out of the same entrance not too longer after the murder took place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2024 7:42 PM

She was a bartender. Could it have been a jilted customer? Someone she let her guard down with at some point on a slow night that she may have let on walks her dog in a particular park, nightly?

I do not believe it was a random stranger either, given the number of stab wounds and the killing of the dog. The gf would have to be a stone cold psychopath to kill the dog as well. Or have it killed of that were the case. Someone known to the victim, but not known to her loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2024 8:08 PM

Obviously Katie was killed first. It takes a while to stab someone 50 times, ensuring that they'll not survive. And because the killer was the dog's owner, she was able to approach it and kill it, too.

by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2024 8:43 PM

They stabbed the dog, a pit terrier or mix, to death.

They stabbed Katie in the eyes, in the mouth, the nose, the forehead, and cheeks - a total of at least 15 stabs to the head alone. They left her face virtually unrecognizable, as if trying to erase it. They stabbed her several times in the neck, almost decapitating her. They stabbed her in the back and extremities, presumably while she tried to defend herself. They stabbed and mutilated her breasts. They stabbed her rainbow-colored tattoo several times, as if trying to excise it. They lowered her jeans and underwear down to her knees. They then stabbed her multiple times in the pubic area. They partially disemboweled her. They carved F A T across her chest. They beat her because there were also several signs of blunt force trauma.

This was orchestrated by somebody who hated her with a psychotic passion.

And apparently nobody saw it happen.

by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2024 8:55 PM

I remember this story being discussed here and the speculation surrounding the case. I definitely think someone who knew her did it because stabbings are a very personal type of assault driven by anger and rage however I don’t think it was the girlfriend because she was not injured and a stabbing that brutal would have caused the attacker to have cuts or bruising consistent with stabbing and trying to subdue not only the victim but the dog as well.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2024 8:58 PM

[quote]however I don’t think it was the girlfriend because she was not injured and a stabbing that brutal would have caused the attacker to have cuts or bruising consistent with stabbing and trying to subdue not only the victim but the dog as well.

I agree. Plus, she has a solid alibi: she was working when this happened.

I do believe, however, that this was premeditated. It was somebody who knew that she would be walking into that park that evening, and they were waiting for her. The dog would have been the first to go because it was a more immediate threat. It almost seems like an impossible crime for a single person to carry out. But even more seemingly impossible things have happened before, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2024 9:05 PM

This is horrifying. How were there no surveillance cameras anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2024 9:14 PM

R27 Thanks for the gruesome details. Nobody should get away with such a horrible crime.

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2024 9:21 PM

"They carved F A T across her chest."

Why is everyone looking at me?

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2024 9:35 PM

There was one camera across the street. It took the only photo of Katie that evening, crossing the rainbow crosswalk to the park with the dog.

The park had several cameras, but none of them worked. The city knew that they didn't work but left them installed as a crime deterrent.

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2024 9:37 PM

The mutilation of the genitals and tattoo makes me think this was a man angry that a woman would deprive him or reject him because she was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2024 9:52 PM

The infamous Shenandoah National Park double-murder of a young lesbian couple back in 1996 has been solved by genetic genealogy. A dead serial rapist was the perpetrator.

This link should bypass the Washington Post paywall. Apologies if this was already the subject of another thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2024 6:25 PM

Ahem, a now-dead serial rapist was the perpetrator.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2024 6:26 PM

Listen, I feel like I can speak for my people here and say that no lesbian is going to stab her dog to death and carve FAT into her dead girlfriend’s chest. It’s impossible to do all that while holding a cane.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2024 6:31 PM

Well if it’s ridiculous then you ought to solve it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2024 6:32 PM

[quote]This was orchestrated by somebody who hated her with a psychotic passion.

Or someone who was merely mentally ill and violent.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2024 6:51 PM

People are now wondering if the dog went to bite someone and someone retaliated pissed off. A friend who knew the dog said that the dog was known to randomly snap at people. I could see a nut going nuts over a dog trying to bite him.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2024 10:24 PM

[quote] The mutilation of the genitals

Huh? That’s in the autopsy report?

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2024 10:25 PM

If the dog snapped, the perp might have kicked them and took them out first. Katie probably shouted over it and the guy lost it.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2024 6:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!