Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Noted cunt Patricia Heaton joins "FRASIER" reboot

Ugh, double ugh, triple UGH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2024 9:07 AM

Another reason to avoid this piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2024 9:27 PM

Hated her.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2024 9:29 PM

They have money for Patty but not for sets? Frasier's new apartment is the ugliest, most cramped thing on TV.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2024 9:30 PM

A far cry from Jean Smart, Sela Ward and so many others…

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2024 9:44 PM

Like her or hate her, Patricia Heaton is sitcom gold.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2024 9:54 PM

R5 - Yes, because "Back to You" was a massive 17 episode, one-season only hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2024 10:02 PM

And Kelsey’s daughter, Greer, will be playing Roz’s daughter, Alice.

That should give the “nepo baby” obsessives on Twitter a new target.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2024 3:54 AM

R6, it is very rare that a sitcom actor strikes lightening twice. There are only a handful of actors who have. I can think of Lucille Ball, Bea Arthur, Betty White, Mary Tyler Moore, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Kelsey Grammer to name a few over the entire history of sitcoms. Patricia Heaton has had two long running shows, 9 years each, both in syndication. That makes her sitcom gold.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2024 7:59 AM

Um, no...nobody is clamoring to watch Patricia Heaton is some new "sitcom gold."

She's a MAGA weirdo. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2024 8:06 AM

How about Ann Guilbert--two massive hits 30 years apart?

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2024 8:06 AM

Who??

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2024 8:12 AM

[quote]She's a MAGA weirdo. Nope.

Typical American. Always at war, political, cultural or otherwise. Always stuck in binaries. Michael Jackson was a pedophile but he made music for the ages. George Washington owned slaves but still is lauded throughout the nation. Coco Chanel turned in Jews but is still the number luxury brand in the country. Bill Clinton relegated military gays as second class citizens but is still seen as a cornerstone of the Democratic Party. Life is complex and so are people.

Patricia Heaton makes good television. I enjoy her shows, not her politics. I wish her the best of luck.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2024 9:02 AM

I stopped at word 4 of the headline

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2024 10:06 AM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2024 11:52 AM

[quote] On the followup to the Emmy-winning comedy, she will play Holly who is down-to-earth, unpretentious, and openly mocking of overly-intellectual types. A Boston native who tends bar at upscale restaurants and events, Holly is extraordinarily comfortable with both who and where she is in life, a quality that the always-climbing, always-reaching Frasier (Grammer) finds as alien as he does attractive.

They're actually giving Frasier an age appropriate girlfriend? How did they get Kelsey to accept this?

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2024 11:59 AM

This woman has two long running, hit TV series to her credit, both of which are currently in syndication.

How broke ass of a bitch is she that she feels she has to work constantly?

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2024 12:20 PM

What a description, "Noted cunt" 🤣

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2024 12:50 PM

OP- Who cares?

Just watch the original 1993 to 2004 show not this pointless remake.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2024 12:53 PM

[QUOTE]They have money for Patty but not for sets?

Never mind the sets, what about the writers?

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2024 12:59 PM

Yvette Nicole Brown will also be appearing as Olivia’s rival sister, who was mentioned often during the first season.

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2024 1:02 PM

They seem to be adding a lot of new characters given everyone other than Frasier and Alan are still pretty undeveloped and one note.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2024 1:17 PM

Haven't watched it, won't watch it. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2024 1:18 PM

[quote] Patricia Heaton makes good television.

Setting the fact that she's a giant, heinous cunt aside, watching her is like gargling with broken glass. No, she is not gold in any format. Cubic zirconia, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2024 1:19 PM

[quote] Bill Clinton relegated military gays as second class citizens but is still seen as a cornerstone of the Democratic Party.

No, he didn't. Agreed with the rest of your post but this is revisionist history.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2024 1:19 PM

Grammer's a right-wing idiot, so Patty is a natural choice.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2024 1:20 PM

They're seriously doing a second season of this shit?

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2024 1:21 PM

Something the second season really should do is address the Cheers bar issue more directly. Ken Levine was right that it’s the “elephant in the room - or city.”

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2024 2:03 PM

Agreed it should be addressed, R27, but hell, if they did it should be easy to dismiss. Anyone likely to be still hanging round the same bar constantly THIS long later would be dead. The others would have moved on. No audience wants to see Sam, Carla and Cliffy still there in their 70s. That would be a tragedy on an O'Neill scale.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2024 2:24 PM

You know what they say, R28: it's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2024 2:28 PM

Will no one mention her giant white teefs in OP’s photo?!?

Ok, I’ll do it. She seems to have stolen Faye’s scary chompers.

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2024 2:39 PM

From Patricia Clarkson to Patricia Heaton. Says it all, really, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2024 3:08 PM

Cunts all the way around!

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2024 3:11 PM

R12 she’ll happily name a gay gas chamber in your honor, congrats.

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2024 5:54 PM

I’d like to see Laura Linney make a return appearance. We know Frasier and Charlotte broke up, but we don’t know why yet.

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2024 3:36 PM

I fall asleep to an episode of Frasier every night and this new show is absolute garbage. The joy of the old show was how hapless Frasier was and him constantly getting his comeuppance. In this version he is a freaking Mary Sue type and Freddie sucks more than usual. Roz's cameo was awkward as hell too.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2024 3:43 PM

everything about this show sucks. I imagine Kelsey constantly becoming frustrated with every aspect of this show. There's no way he thinks it's anywhere near as good as it was the first time. He's not senile. Watch, he's gonna have another heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2024 4:23 PM

Bill Clinton is no longer relevant and certainly not a "cornerstone of the Democratic Party", R12. What is it with foreigners and their obsession with making sweeping, factually incorrect statements about our country?

What do Michael Jackson, George Washington and Coco Chanel have in common? Answer: they're dead and no longer hurting anyone. Patricia Heaton is supporting a political movement that wants to kill off democracy and erode as many civil rights as possible. That's a valid reason for not supporting her career.

Now go back to watching Everyone Loves Raymond. It's the episode where Raymond wants to watch football instead of fixing the gutters and Patricia Heaton rolls her eyes so hard! Lol! Such good television!

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2024 10:19 PM

They keep giving me reasons to avoid this shit show.

Paramount, let it die.

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2024 10:23 PM

I don't agree with her views but I like her. She's an actor. That's all she is to me - she hasn't hurt anyone or forced anyone to do anything against their will or asked for special privilege. I'm fine with her.

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2024 8:27 AM

It was passable but not a patch on the original. I’ll probably watch it when it comes out but I’m not looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2024 8:37 AM

She won the Emmy twice for Everyone Loves Raymond. Should have been Jane Kaczmarek for early Malcolm In The Middle or Calista Flockhart (back when Ally McBeal was good).

Those Emmy voters sure like their repeat winners.

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2024 10:12 AM

Has anyone discussed the fact that Frasier only wears trainers in this show? There was an episode where they went to a Harvard dinner and he still wasn't wearing leather lace-ups. What's that all about?

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2024 3:09 PM

Doof at R37, I am American. And if Obama and Clinton aren't the Reagans of the Democratic Party now, I don't know who is. There is no one up and coming who has taken their place in importance. They are still looked to as important figures in shaping the Democratic Party. The article below is from this march.

Anyway, I watched The Middle it's entire run and Patricia Heaton was good, as well as the rest of the cast. I guess you can't have a differing opinion without getting torn to shreds in America anymore. It's either believe what I do, or you're a fucking idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2024 3:26 PM

Has Heaton had it written into her contract that she gets to discuss sending her sons to Catholic school...again and again and again?

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2024 7:56 PM

So, Bulldog and Gil Chesterton are making return appearances. It’s probably too little too late, but I’d tune in for that.

by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2024 9:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!