Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The best Trader Joe's items of all time?!

Agree? Disagree?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 16, 2024 8:44 PM

They changed the eggplant spread; I liked their old one from years ago better. Ghost pepper chips are a gimmick, I've tried them.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2024 11:38 AM

I like their cinnamon graham crackers

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2024 11:40 AM

I'd like an article I can read. This one is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2024 11:44 AM

Archived version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2024 11:50 AM

These are simple things, but I get a lot of use out of the them.

Indian flatbread (plain and garlic). It’s soft, doughy and very versatile.

Frozen beef bulgogi with fried rice is really tasty. especially when paired with their sriracha sauce or green dragon sauce.

Salsa especial (medium) has a nice smoky heat flavor and is blended not chunky (not a pico de gallo fan)..

Their Chantilly cakes and kringles are basically crack.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2024 12:01 PM

The dark chocolate peanut butter cups are perfection and only 99 cents a bag

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2024 12:31 PM

Nothing makes me happier, food-wise, than a container of Caramelized Onion dip and a bag of whole-grain pita chips. Also good with vegetables or spread on chicken before baking.

They are now peddling a vegan version. I got it by mistake once. It's terrible.

And also, not to be a jerk about the article, those peanut butter pretzels can be found (just as good) elsewhere for far cheaper. In fact, the Aldi bag is much bigger and a dollar or so cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2024 12:40 PM

I’ll never stop grieving the Greek yogurt dip with chives and cilantro. Low calorie. Low fat. Delicious

And the chipotle lime chicken skewers.

And the Asian marinaded chicken breasts.

And the mini pot pie appetizers

But their breakfasts were not good. I bought pancakes - tasted like mildew. Later bought waffles - mildew.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2024 1:09 PM

I mourn the demise of their black bean soup.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2024 1:12 PM

HASH BROWN

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2024 2:16 PM

I was in Trader Joe’s recently and they wanted over $8 for a small bag of pita chips. No thonx!

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2024 3:50 PM

I recently returned their chocolate-drizzled plantain chips 👎

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2024 4:32 PM

Triple ginger cookies: disappointing!

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2024 4:39 PM

Salted brownies. Salmon / Spinach pinwheels Trek Trail mix

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2024 4:52 PM

They used to have a trail mix with big hunks of candied ginger in it.

Loved it.

Now it's gone.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2024 6:15 PM

I like candied ginger. It is supposed to be good for stomach aches. Why not just buy some candied ginger and mix it into another trail mix.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2024 6:45 PM

They had a Chocolate Mint Cheesecake for a year or so that was really good. It was in a green box and was different than the Peppermint one that was in a red box.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2024 7:14 PM

What are those little purple things in the photo at OP?

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2024 7:31 PM

The only things worth buying there in my opinion:

Mandarin Orange chicken

Frozen rice that comes 3 packages in a box

Tomato and red pepper soup in the box

Dark and milk chocolate peanut butter cups

Large bars of milk and dark chocolate. These are a good value for baking.

Puff pastry

Meringue cookies. The only place that I can find meringues anymore for my Eaton Mess desserts.

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2024 7:36 PM

There are many things worth buying there.

My favorite is frozen steel-cut oatmeal—microwave 3 minutes.

Nuts are excellent.

The ice cream sandwiches in the article are amazing, as are the ones with brownies and coffee ice cream.

Maple cookies.

Coffee.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2024 7:40 PM

Milk

Bread

Cheese

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2024 7:41 PM

Steel cut oats can be soaked overnight and microwaved.

Rice? I don’t understand buying precooked frozen rice, but okay.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2024 8:22 PM

IMO, the Reese’s peanut butter cups are better than the TJ’s. The ratios, saltiness, and texture (kind of sandy, in a good way) of the Reese’s are just about perfect.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote] Steel cut oats can be soaked overnight and microwaved

But thank god they don’t have to be.

The point of precooked frozen rice is 1) it’s excellent and 2) it’s there when you need it.

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2024 8:25 PM

The organic ground corn dippers

The horseradish cheddar cheese food spread

The Calabrese salami

Damn them for getting rid of the Blue Cheese Walnut dip

The frozen butter chicken

The chicken drumette nuggets

Cats cookies - the cinnamon ones

Dark chocolate orange jelly sticks

Chocolate covered dried fruit medley

Sesame sticks

Frozen breaded fried olive bites

Frozen Chicken taquitos

Orange chicken

Savory mini crackers

Everything bagel crackers & Seasoning

Moroccan Mint tea

Black Truffle and mushroom flat bread pizza

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2024 8:36 PM

Samosas (chicken and/or vegetable) in the freezer case. Triple ginger cookies

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2024 9:16 PM

Best of all time? The Dominican security guard that I sucked off behind the dumpster In Nutley (!) NJ, 9 years ago.

Runner up, I'll go with the dark chocolate peanut butter cups.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2024 9:23 PM

Where was the Trader Joe’s in Nutley? Do you mean Route 3 in Clifton?

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2024 9:25 PM

How does TJs rate among specialty food stores in general for their entire product offering? Is it way below Whole Foods? Does it rank above Sprouts? Way better than Kroger?

I've never been super impressed by their brand but a new store just opened a few blocks away and I wanna like them.... I really do. But why?

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2024 9:30 PM

They only sell a limited number of items, mostly their own brand. Not really comparable to a full supermarket. Produce is not as good as WF. Meats and seafood more limited and much less expensive.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2024 9:35 PM

Seconding the tomato - red pepper soup from R19.

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2024 9:35 PM

I’ll have to try it if it doesn’t have too much sodium.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2024 9:37 PM

[quote] How does TJs rate among specialty food stores in general for their entire product offering? Is it way below Whole Foods? Does it rank above Sprouts? Way better than Kroger?

I would say that it has its own niche: affordable prepared foods and snacks with TJ's branding (hip factor). Look at all of the prepared / packaged foods listed in this thread. People feel like they're getting something special.

IMO, the constantly discontinued items are a feature, not a bug. It makes the customer appreciate the items more if the item can disappear without warning.

That said, the produce department seems pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2024 9:38 PM

I believe the soup has a low-sodium version, R32.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2024 9:39 PM

Their turkey slices are real sliced turkey, not turkey roll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2024 10:05 PM

[quote]I like their cinnamon graham crackers

They're incredible. Now I want to make a pie crust with them.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2024 10:16 PM

People are scalping Trader Joe’s new insulated mini bags for exorbitant prices, and for some shoppers across the U.S., buying them from the underground market may be their only hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2024 10:29 PM

Never get too attached to anything Trader Joe's sells -- it will likely be gone in a matter of months.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2024 10:46 PM

I loved their Belgian Chocolate Pudding. Dark and delicious. Like my men.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2024 10:55 PM

I haven't seen the insulated lunch bags, if I do I will purchase for a few buddies

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2024 11:05 PM

There are many things I love at Trader Joe's, but their produce is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2024 12:01 AM

The seasonal items rotate and some never return, but most things are around for many years. Things I like:

Maple Cookies

Mac & Cheese

Kringles (from a first rate place known for them in Wisconsin)

Corn Dippers, esp. the hot ones

The Australian chocolate cookies

Everything bagel rolls

the salads are pretty good

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2024 12:24 AM

Some of you forgot to sign your posts “Fat Whore”

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2024 12:58 AM

Some things go without saying.

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2024 1:12 AM

Strawberry liquorice

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2024 1:24 AM

[quote] There are many things I love at Trader Joe's, but their produce is horrible.

What's so horrible about it? I bought some Honeycrisp apples that were good.

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2024 3:38 AM

Speaking of their produce, I like that they always have arugula! And the mixed greens 🥬 are good, too.

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2024 5:59 AM

Some of the things I like:

--The frozen Japanese fried rice is delicious. I serve it with a fried egg--makes the perfect lunch. --Frozen salmon burgers. Served in a bun with tartar sauce, a few squirts of lemon juice and some salt and pepper, it also makes a very good lunch. --Frozen sweet potato gnocchi. Yummy! --The frozen bambino pizza formaggio. As far as frozen pizza goes, not half bad, and I appreciate the convenient serving size. --The frozen chocolate croissants. Perfection! --The frozen potato pancakes. So good! --The bags of teeny tiny avocados. Each avocado is the perfect size for avocado toast. --As others have mentioned, those 99 cent bags of dark chocolate peanut butter cups. --Ginger chews --Chocolate hold the cone mini ice cream cones

Things they got rid of that I still miss: --Frozen fish korma --The frozen soy ginger cod filets --Tuna curry --Kettle chips in small individual serving size bags

by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2024 6:32 AM

Ugh, let me reformat that.

Some of the things I like:

--The frozen Japanese fried rice is delicious. I serve it with a fried egg--makes the perfect lunch.

--Frozen salmon burgers. Served in a bun with tartar sauce, a few squirts of fresh lemon juice and some salt and pepper, it also makes a very good lunch.

--Frozen sweet potato gnocchi. Yummy!

--The frozen bambino pizza formaggio. As far as frozen pizza goes, not half bad, and I appreciate the convenient serving size.

--The frozen chocolate croissants. Perfection!

--The frozen potato pancakes. So good!

--The bags of teeny tiny avocados. Each avocado is the perfect size for avocado toast.

--As others have mentioned, those 99 cent bags of dark chocolate peanut butter cups.

--Ginger chews

--Chocolate hold the cone mini ice cream cones

Things they got rid of that I still miss:

--Frozen fish korma

--The frozen soy ginger cod filets

--Tuna curry

--Kettle chips in small individual serving size bags

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2024 6:34 AM

Their produce is hit or miss. But in addition to the teeny avocados, I like some of their regular seasonal items, like the cara cara oranges and the bags of small Mcintosh apples and small multi-color pears. Their bananas are also good and reasonably priced.

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2024 6:43 AM

Tiny avocados? Hass?

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2024 8:38 AM

I'm obsessed with Kimbap and have 20 of them in my freezer. They're rarely in stock and there's a 2 per person limit so I've been hoarding. Recently purchased key lime pie and key lime cookies and both are delicious. Thai peanut sauce is also a favorite. I also love the mini coffee bean ice cream cones.

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2024 10:58 AM

My store had no sign of a Kimbap limit. I tried them in the microwave, and was underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 53June 5, 2024 11:10 AM

Frozen kimbap sounds underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2024 3:22 PM

Their puff pasty is made with real butter. I make easy apple tarts or palmiers out of it.

The Hot Corn Diapers are okay, but not as good as Fritos.

by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2024 3:41 PM

Bean chips (discontinued decades ago). Still miss them and have never found even a close to adequate substitute.

by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2024 4:46 PM

I have a friend who has a wedding cake business & she swears by TJ's lemon curd.

by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2024 4:51 PM

Bring back Dill Pickle Salad!

by Anonymousreply 58June 5, 2024 4:56 PM

I the chocolate covered ice cream bon bons are utterly sublime!

Anyone else a fan?

by Anonymousreply 59June 5, 2024 5:25 PM

Pancake bread is crack for fatsos

by Anonymousreply 60June 5, 2024 5:36 PM

Are you referring to the Latin Style Black Bean Soup, R9? It was really good!

When I worked at TJ's years ago, it was the basis for a popular, no-fuss-no-muss, four-ingredient meal which was featured at our Demo station many times, especially in fall/winter months. In a saucepot over medium-high heat, you dumped the following (stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes):

1 box TJ's Latin Style Black Bean Soup 1 can TJ's Cuban Style Black Beans 1 pkg TJ's Frozen Chimichurri Rice 1 pkg TJ's Cooked Chicken Sausage, sliced (I liked it with the spicy varieties: Andouille, Spicy Italian, or Jalapeno)

It was great topped with a little shredded cheese, diced avocado, green onion, etc., if you had that stuff around, but it was tasty & satisfying plain, as well. Or certainly good enough to resist the temptation of take-out/delivery. (I think the Cuban style black beans are gone, too; not sure about the Chimichurri Rice).

by Anonymousreply 61June 5, 2024 7:21 PM

I recommend this TJ's mustard aioli sauce. It's good in sandwiches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 5, 2024 7:38 PM

[quote]The Hot Corn Diapers are okay, but not as good as Fritos.

Well hello, Miss Channing!

by Anonymousreply 63June 5, 2024 9:57 PM

I loved their canned stuffed grape leaves, can’t find them anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 64June 5, 2024 11:44 PM

Shamoshas... shprinkled with sheshame sheeds.

by Anonymousreply 65June 5, 2024 11:56 PM

My hopes for their kaarage chicken were dashed, never again!

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2024 12:20 AM

Trader Joe's loves offering new and unique products at (usually) agreeable prices. That's no secret.

But Trader Joe's is FULL of secrets. First among them - they want customers to think Trader Joe's invented these items. Hah! They haven't produced anything on their own since at least the turn of the millennium. It's all on the vendors, and their "show me" meetings are legend. Then, once the products are on the shelves, they only stay if 1) they sell; and 2) if the vendor can make them cheaper. Fail one or both, and the product is discontinued, and they don't waste time.

Even as I type this, Trader Joe's is working with consultants to quietly refocus and by that, I mean raising prices. Significantly. Some posters are already recognizing this, and you're astute to be sure, but you ain't seen nothin' yet. Management is going from "we can undercut Whole Foods and offer unique items" to "yes, we have unique items, but why the hell can't we BE Whole Foods?" Mind you, they've made no plans to upgrade any products. But this time next year, you'll go into TJ's and you'll THINK you're in WF.

Last, they realize they've expanded too much. Trader Joe's management now LOATHES having flyover locations. Supply and distribution issues etc. So they say. I guess they could save money by closing those locations and the price increases will give them ammo to do it with dwindling customers. But by 2030 expect TJ's to be back to the coasts and Chicago exclusively.

by Anonymousreply 67June 6, 2024 1:03 AM

R64: The first version of canned stuffed grape leaves that TJ's carried in the early aughts were absolutely FANTASTIC! They were made by a company in Israel (before TJ's started putting *everything* under private label) & were canned in OLIVE OIL (which was key).

However, the packaging was unappealing/didn't catch the eye. Something about the color-way & artwork made it look like the can had been sitting on a shelf -- fading in the sun -- for twenty years. A co-worker (who also loved them) and I joked about this often. The dust on the cans (because they just sat there & were restocked so infrequently) made them all that more unappealing. We weren't surprised when they were discontinued.

The next couple iterations of stuffed grape leaves (whether in a glass jar, or the "fresh" section) were okay. Still made with olive oil, but not as nearly as good as that Israeli brand. Then, at some point (in 2010s), TJ's found another canned-supplier....made with canola & soybean oil. Blech. Didn't care for them.

by Anonymousreply 68June 6, 2024 1:30 AM

r67 They're building new stores everywhere, so you 2030 preduction makes no sense.

And what supermarket "invents" their own products? Some of the major chains may manufacture or produce things like dairy and sodas, but all of them are primarily RETAILERS.

by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2024 1:48 AM

I only discovered stuffed grape leaves at Trader Joe’s maybe 10 years ago so the ones they sell now are all I know. But they do taste exactly like the ones I used to get at a Greek deli near my office decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 70June 6, 2024 1:56 AM

R67 this description of hell they introduced new products found on their website with directly contradict your moronic statement: Our buyers travel the world searching for products we think are exceptional and will find a following among our customers. To earn a spot on our shelves, each product is submitted to a rigorous tasting panel process, in which every aspect of quality is investigated in context of the price we can offer.

Also they've been pretty rapidly expanding in my state which is nowhere near the coast or Chicago. You seem like you're one of those dumb f**** who just make s*** up because I guess we would all be impressed by your supposed insight.

by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2024 2:00 AM

I love grape leaves

by Anonymousreply 72June 6, 2024 2:03 AM

I believe r67.

Of course, companies don’t always follow consultants’ advice, but usually they hire consultants to tell them what they already know they want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 73June 6, 2024 2:17 AM

R73 well that just sort of explains the sorry state of America doesn't it. Someone says something and even in the face of variable facts that refute it choose to continue believing the morons.

by Anonymousreply 74June 6, 2024 2:25 AM

Their refrigerated pie crust is the best. Far superior to any other brand.

by Anonymousreply 75June 6, 2024 2:26 AM

I don't see how Trader Joe's thinks it's even close to being a Whole Foods. My friends and family Looooove TJ's and I just don't understand it. It always feels like half of a store, to me. If you're a drinker (and don't live a godforsaken state that runs its own liquor stores) and you like to eat nuts and dried fruits, I can understand. Other than that, I don't consider it a complete store.

by Anonymousreply 76June 6, 2024 2:26 AM

Honey—what you have seen in the past and are seeing today doesn’t tell you anything about the future. Companies make strategic changes all the time.

by Anonymousreply 77June 6, 2024 4:36 AM

Things I want that Trader Joe’s no longer has (I forgot the names): the Greek feast in the ready made salad section, the frozen French egg and potato breakfast scramble that came in the little plastic tub, the frozen personal pizzas that came in a box of 2 and had Kalamata olives, red pepper and feta, their original soy yogurt and the canned chili that was actually form Amy’s. They recently changed the meatless chorizo too.

by Anonymousreply 78June 6, 2024 4:57 AM

One of my favorite things ever -- which had a decent, 10-ish (?) year run -- was the Tarte d' Alsace in the frozen section, with the pizzas. It was a thin slice of heaven with creme freche, shredded Gruyere, caramelized onions & diced ham. Really great for brunch with scrambled eggs & fresh fruit, or with a salad for dinner. But you had to bake it very hot, 450 degrees, on a pre-heated baking sheet for it to get crispy, and it was best to get it home FAST (from freezer to freezer) -- so it was always the last thing I picked up before going to the register.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 6, 2024 6:05 AM

[quote] Then, once the products are on the shelves, they only stay if 1) they sell; and 2) if the vendor can make them cheaper

You forgot contamination. Trader Joe’s has one of the most recalls of any grocery store I’ve ever seen. And listeria plays a big part in that contamination.

by Anonymousreply 80June 6, 2024 3:46 PM

The biggest supermarket chains used to manufacture a lot of private label stuff, but that hasn't been true for decades. Kroger is the only one with a large commitment to this and its because they produce items for other chains. The problem is maintaining capacity that matches the reach of the stores--chains like Winn-Dixie and A&P wound up with overcapacity as they closed stores and even though Winn-Dixie produced for other chains and opened up stores heavy on private level they had more plants than they needed.

TJ's has a lot of imported packaged goods, so it's obvious that it's made for them.

The produce isn't horrible, but it's often worse than mid-range chains.

by Anonymousreply 81June 6, 2024 3:59 PM

[quote] TJ's has a lot of imported packaged goods, so it's obvious that it's made for them.

Oh please they sell Tate’s chocolate chip cookies under the TJ brand.

They sell Maple Leaf cookies under TJ brand. Aldi sells same cookies as Benton's Maple Leaf Cream cookies.

TJ’s Christmas dark chocolate covered Jo Jo’s with peppermint chips are sold in Aldi as Benton Peppermint Creams.

Snyder’s Honey Wheat pretzels are sold as TJ’s.

TJ’s sea salt pita chips are Stacy’s.

TJ’s dark chocolate pretzels? Snack Factory.

TJ’s Very Green smoothie is Naked put out by Pepsi

They do the same thing with European brands. They rebrand them a TJ’s

That’s the big “secret” of Trader Joes. They rebrand other companies’ products. So does Aldi.

by Anonymousreply 82June 6, 2024 6:38 PM

So they resell other companies products at a cheaper price?

by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2024 7:15 PM

TJ's Natural Mountain Spring Water (the regular bottled water) & Sparkling Mineral Waters (plain & flavored) are made by Crystal Geyser.

by Anonymousreply 84June 6, 2024 7:32 PM

Is it not common knowledge that a lot of generic or store branded items come off the same production lines as branded items?

by Anonymousreply 85June 6, 2024 7:46 PM

[quote] That’s the big “secret” of Trader Joes. They rebrand other companies’ products. So does Aldi.

So does Costco. So what?

It wouldn’t make sense for them to source exclusive products. They are a retailer.

The point is you can find a very well-curated collection of products at low prices, not that you can’t find them elsewhere (if you know what to look for).

by Anonymousreply 86June 6, 2024 8:11 PM

R82- You’re such a sleuth 🕵️‍♂️.

by Anonymousreply 87June 6, 2024 8:13 PM

R76- Trader Joe’s is not a supermarket but it is a food store.

by Anonymousreply 88June 6, 2024 8:15 PM

[quote] Is it not common knowledge that a lot of generic or store branded items come off the same production lines as branded items?

Nit to R81.

by Anonymousreply 89June 6, 2024 8:36 PM

R89: It's R67 who doesn't know this.

by Anonymousreply 90June 6, 2024 8:51 PM

[quote] Even as I type this, Trader Joe's is working with consultants to quietly refocus and by that, I mean raising prices. Significantly.

Meanwhile, Aldi and Target are reducing prices. Aldi is also opening 400 stores as I type this.

by Anonymousreply 91June 6, 2024 9:11 PM

[quote] [R76]- Trader Joe’s is not a supermarket but it is a food store.

R88, I wrote that in response to a post by the marketing consultant upthread, who said that TJ's wants very badly to be Whole Foods.

by Anonymousreply 92June 6, 2024 9:32 PM

R92- I hope not. It would require them to be overpriced on many items in the store and to give you paper bags that are too short for newspaper recycling.

by Anonymousreply 93June 6, 2024 10:29 PM

I dip the Kimbap in peanut sauce and it's damn good. Hard to believe something vegan is this good. My store has no limit so I buy 4-5 every time I go to TJs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 6, 2024 11:22 PM

Today, when I told them how disappointed I was with the chicken karaage the manager refunded it without my needing to produce the physical package. Other clerk fully agreed that the chocolate plantain chips were a failure.

by Anonymousreply 95June 7, 2024 4:50 PM

Thanks R94. I bought two today (the store limit). The clerk had to go to a freezer in a no-customers-allowed part of the store to get them for me. Crazy that they have to hide them like that.

by Anonymousreply 96June 7, 2024 9:25 PM

R96 My TJs doesn't have a no-customers-allowed section of the store. Weird. What else does yours keep in that section?

by Anonymousreply 97June 8, 2024 11:15 PM

R94: He obviously meant the area in the loading area in the back. Either they don't stock it in the freezer case at all, with a "please ask staff" sign, or the clerk volunteered to see if they had any in back, which has happened to me. My store had plenty the other day with no sign (though it's off-season here in Florida).

by Anonymousreply 98June 9, 2024 11:42 AM

I tried the new calamari and I would advise against it. Way too rubbery and I was unable to chew about 1/4 of it. Breading is tasty but not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 99June 15, 2024 11:40 PM

I love to cruise Whole Foods on Sunday mornings. I’ve met two boyfriends there.

by Anonymousreply 100June 15, 2024 11:42 PM

[quote]The Hot Corn Diapers are okay, but not as good as Fritos.

Oh look another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 101June 15, 2024 11:48 PM

[quote]I tried the new calamari and I would advise against it. Way too rubbery and I was unable to chew about 1/4 of it. Breading is tasty but not worth it.

Agreed. Huge disappointment. And it never got crispy in the oven.

by Anonymousreply 102June 16, 2024 1:15 AM

R100- Did they work there or were they customers?

In 2015 a good looking cashier at Trader Joe's seemed to be flirting with me but I fucked it up. Oh well

He asked my name and shook my hand and asked where I lived. One week later he walked right up to me and said Hi Jack !- as if he knew me- I was very uptight about his overtures and acted disinterested. Oh well. I still think about him frequently.

by Anonymousreply 103June 16, 2024 6:39 AM

R99 and R102: sounds similar to my problem with their Chicken Kaarage.

by Anonymousreply 104June 16, 2024 1:00 PM

This is THE best hummus Trader Joe's sells. It's also the highest in calories of any hummus they sell but it's worth it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 16, 2024 8:42 PM

It’s Aldi food

by Anonymousreply 106June 16, 2024 8:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!