Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Datalounge's model for Momma (and perhaps her mussy): Rosemary Clooney

Singing about paper products in 1981, replete in caftan.

How did she get so morbidly obese that she had to wear tents, yet her face looked relatively normal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2024 11:01 PM

She really wasn't all that fat.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2024 4:24 AM

She isn't wearing her merry widow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2024 4:42 AM

Botch-a-Me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2024 4:46 AM

Mambo Italiano

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2024 4:48 AM

Rosemary Clooney - Come On-A My House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2024 4:50 AM

I know about her nervous breakdown, but how about her artistry?

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2024 4:54 AM

Some people are just lucky and don't gain weight in their faces, but as R1 notes, she really isn't that fat in that commercial. However, she was huge by the time she was in that episode of ER.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2024 4:58 AM

[quote]she really isn't that fat in that commercial

Look again. She is utterly huge in that commercial.

Like a walking refrigerator — that caftan is practically clinging to her back fat and gut.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2024 5:01 AM

She had to choose between her face and her ass, and she chose her face.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2024 5:02 AM

[quote]She had to choose between her face and her ass, and she chose her face.

And what other 20 faces?

Were the selectees notified?

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2024 5:06 AM

Sondra Locke IS Rosemary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2024 5:13 AM

Extensive thread here. Post less; search more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2024 5:15 AM

Get a load of the control freak at r12.

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2024 5:25 AM

I'm not interested in the bitch's life story, R12.

I'm interested in her massive caftan-wearing period—and whether she is, in fact, who every Datalounger envisions when they reference Momma—inspired by an IG post made five hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2024 5:27 AM

OP = Martha from Little Reindeer l, posting from her iPhone🦌

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2024 5:28 AM

I recently watched all of her movies, even the horrible "Here Come The Girls" and damn she was cute and sexy. Beautiful eyes, sexy body and an adorable, mischievous smile. George doesn't look like his aunt at all.

Queerty thinks she was bisexual: "Yes, the holiday season has arrived, and of cinematic fare, White Christmas will no doubt land on the screening list of many trying to get into the holiday spirit. Yet the great unsung (pardon the phrase) hero of this stalwart musical isn’t bisexual actress Rosemary Clooney, possibly queer star Danny Kaye, or even the unforgettable title song. It’s Bing Crosby’s steely blue eyes, tight bod and sensual voice that keep us coming again and again. As it were."

I can totally imagine her having sex with multiple men and women when José was on his trips. She realized he was cheating on her, so why not do the same?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2024 6:00 PM

One of the greats, a huge talent for natural singing and phrasing, and also an incredible presence. What happened to her career was not her fault, but the music suddenly shifted far away from her style, when she was still a young woman.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2024 6:08 PM

Yeah, she was a very talented singer.

Good for her, doing commercials like Carol Brady (Flo Henderson). I'm sure it paid some bills.

And I agree - she didn't look super overweight in that clip.

I do remember Coronet paper products. WHET?

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2024 6:48 PM

Clooney had an interesting second act to her career in the 1970s, when she toured with Margaret Whiting, Helen O'Connell and Rose Marie in a group act called [bold]4 Girls 4.[/bold] The club dates were so successful they basically did it off and on for a decade or so.

I think it’s so great they all got an extra decade of being wanted. It’s hard for performers as they age and fall out of favor.

[italic]”Each woman does her own familiar set--Margaret includes My Ideal and Tree in the Meadow, Rose Marie does a comedy stint with a few songs, Helen sings Green Eyes and Tangerine, Rosemary does Come On-a My House and Tenderly--mixed with a few new numbers like Billy Joel's Just The Way You Are, then the four join for a few verses of Together at the end.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2024 10:50 PM

those coronet commercials always made me as a little galling dance around the living room.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2024 10:57 PM

Hollywood couldn't figure out how to shoe horn her into their system. she would have had a better career twenty years later

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2024 11:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!