Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which cryptids do you believe in?

My favourite is Mothman and I believe in him. I also believe in Sasquatch but I’m not sure if he’s an entirely physical creature.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2024 5:01 AM

Sasquatch is my sister-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2024 9:19 PM

I believe in the Mothman and the Loch Ness Monster (and lake monsters in general). I'm not sure about Bigfoot, but I'm open to believing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2024 10:52 PM

I don't.

I would like it if Sasquatches existed; the world would be a more interesting place if they did. But there's just no real evidence, and way too much fakery.

And it would end badly for Sasquatches. Humans kill everything.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2024 7:23 AM

Alien frog people

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2024 10:03 PM

All of them.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2024 10:05 PM

I, for one, welcome our new cryptid overlords.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2024 10:08 PM

I believe in Loch Ness and want to believe in Bigfoot, but...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2024 10:08 PM

Blobfish assassins are real!

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2024 10:16 PM

I've been to Loch Ness and it's a beautiful place. I looked for Nessie's humps but didn't see any. It's a fun idea or a way to attract tourism but I doubt there's some prehistoric dino under there. Or at Champ.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2024 10:20 PM

Big Foot. But I think it's likely Giganthropithicus and that there aren't that many left.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2024 10:29 PM

R3, PD, you don't believe in the supernatural. Okay. You have every right to share your point of view. But many of your board members have different beliefs. When I oppose you, you accuse me of being a sockpuppet. But I'm not. I just don't agree with you, and I've learned not to sign my name.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2024 2:53 AM

My tattoos were done by a really accomplished guy in Northern California and he told me the Native people he has tattooed have told him they call Bigfoot/Sasquatch “the big people.”

I would like to think that their collective tribal memory, formed from living so long in the silence of the deep redwoods before colonial contact, would not be such that they’re imagining a thing modern people also happened to cook up for the sake of raking in tourist money.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2024 3:08 AM

Only the ones that have done Drag Race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2024 3:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2024 3:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2024 3:25 AM

I also believe in Sasquatch, but I think that’s a phenomenon local to the 14th congressional district of Georgia rather than the Pacific Northwest.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2024 3:34 AM

[quote]R11: PD, you don't believe in the supernatural. Okay. You have every right to share your point of view. But many of your board members have different beliefs.

I'm aware of that. It's not a problem. Not for me, anyway.

[quote]When I oppose you, you accuse me of being a sockpuppet. But I'm not. I just don't agree with you,

Opposing me isn't what gets someone characterized as a sockpuppet. It's multiple accounts mounting an attack, saying the same ad hominem crap, or using different accounts to magnify a point of view you don't feel strong enough to express with just the one (i.e. 'Brent Spiner is a tiresome piece of shit'). Or expressing what I refer to as a "borrowed grievance," trying to re-litigate hostilities from some past argument from another time/place, like coming into a thread and acting like an ass, when what it's really about is someone having lost an argument about Jesus however many months or years ago.

Those who try to keep the real nature of the grievance vague (as in "I just don't 𝑎𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑒 with you") are typically trolling, in more or less the same way as those who claim that posters 'call everyone they disagree with a racist or fascist'; when it's really only very specific things that get called out in that way.

'Disagree with me' about 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡, exactly? The supernatural? The existence of cryptids? Jesus as a historical person? Whether the 'T' belongs in 'LGBT'? Whether Trump is a criminal who shouldn't be in the White House? Whether or not we should fund Ukraine? Whether Biden should be our president? Whether there's paid Russian trolls here? If you're suggesting you disagree with me about 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔, then what's the point of this approach? You're actually just saying "This board isn't big enough for the both of us," and that's not reasonable. It's also not anything I've ever expressed towards anyone else here. That would simply be a 'you' problem.

[quote]and I've learned not to sign my name.

Not from me, you haven't. I don't center in on and persecute the authenticated. But if you actually ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 an authenticated name, and refuse to use it in conversing with me, that's simply a lack of transparency on your part, somewhat suggestive of dishonesty. It's not me that's causing that. And it leaves me with a certain degree of uncertainty as to who's talking with me. You wanna be characterized as a sock? That's a good beginning.

I've been wondering how long it would take Bootsie Gumdrop to drop back in and speak to me. He's still here, you know, in the form of who knows how many different accounts. As are other perennial sock users.

You want to prove you're not a sock? Signing your authenticated username would be a good start ('tho it doesn't definitively prove you don't control other accounts as well). Be honest and straightforward with me, and I will be with you, regardless of whatever else we might disagree on.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2024 12:49 PM

^that’s a LOT of words.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2024 6:46 PM

This one =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2024 4:08 AM

Nessie is real, aye. I saw her.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2024 4:09 AM

r20's reply brought to you by the Inverness Tourist Board

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2024 4:13 AM

Buy me a dram, R21 and I'll finish the story.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2024 4:19 AM

"So, Helen, what's it like being married to Sasquatch?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2024 4:46 AM

[quote]Nessie is real, aye. I saw her.

I saw her in Sunset Blvd. She was marvelous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2024 5:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!