Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poll finds declining Canadian support for LGBTQ+ rights and visibility

Trans polls the lowest. (link)

the eve of Pride month, a new poll has found declining support for LGBTQ2 rights in Canada.

The Ipsos survey polled adults in 26 countries on a variety of metrics measuring support for the queer community. Canada, it found, was among the few countries where support for rights and visibility appeared to register "precipitous drops," Ipsos vice-president of public affairs Sanyam Sethi said.

What really stood out to me was how starkly Canadians are changing their opinions," she said.

"On some of these support aspects the drops in Canada are the highest across all 26 countries we have trend data for."

One area where attitudes appeared to have shifted was support for LGBTQ2 visibility.

While 49 per cent of respondents agreed with people being open about their sexual orientation or gender identity, that still put Canada in the bottom 10 of countries measured.

What's more, the number was down by 12 per cent from 2021.

Similarly, the poll found support for LGBTQ2 people showing affection in public (kissing or holding hands) at 40 per cent, down eight points from 2021. Just one-third of respondents supported more LGBTQ2 characters on screen, down 10 per cent from 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 9, 2024 8:30 PM

The trans ridiculous demands and the idiot " gender fluid whatever" have caused the lower support in the US. The same must apply to Canada.

Just a few yrs ago when marriage equality was legalized, support was high. Then... The stupid "gender fluidity" movement makes it seems as if being gay is a choice that can change depending on how the person feels at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2024 3:05 AM

Does this poll include residents of Nunavut?

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2024 3:08 AM

R2, in Nunavut, all seems to breathe freedom and peace and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils, so Nunavutians are almost unanimously supportive of all good things in the world.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2024 11:28 AM

This made me laugh:

"Pride Month began yesterday. I know what you’re thinking: haven’t we already had it? Perhaps you’re thinking of LGBT+ History month in February. Or maybe you’re remembering the Tolkienesque-sounding IDAHOBIT — otherwise known as International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia — a fortnight ago. Later in the year there will be Ace (asexual) Week and Transgender Awareness Week; and don’t forget the Pride and Trans Pride parades scattered throughout the summer. The Catholic church has fewer holy days of obligation than the modern LGBTQI+ movement, and is arguably a lot less guilt-tripping."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2024 11:29 AM

R4 it’s just too much. Give us LGB work & personal protection and the rest can fuck off. It’s tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2024 11:32 AM

I'd move to Nunavut, but your gardening options are so limited.

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2024 11:33 AM

At this stage 2SLGBTQIAA+ really should just add an S for “straight” and call it a day. By adopting every identity under the sun, organisations which were set up to fiht for Gay rights have rendered themselves essentially meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2024 11:38 AM

R7 gets it.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2024 11:41 AM

We went from fighting for gay and lesbians to not be fired or murdered for simply being ourselves, to fighting for straight perverted men to flash their cocks in the women’s locker room, and to put little gay and lesbians on puberty blockers and into surgery so they don’t grow up to be adult gays.

Not sure how so many gays haven’t spotted the hijacking of our movement yet.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2024 11:45 AM

What I find shocking is that I will bet that almost none of this drop in supports has anything to do with straight people reading on DL. Just think where the support % would end up if the straight community had to read here at the DL.

Seriously the majority would be some combination of appalled, concerned and disgusted. Some would be totally surprised and some would say——see we told you they were like this.

It’s not hardly the trans issue. You can’t put the blame all on the trans. A weak cop out if you try.

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2024 11:54 AM

Well, the drop is recent and what's been the dominant story in the LGBTQWXYZ3.14 space of late?

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2024 11:57 AM

R10 is an idiot

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2024 11:58 AM

R10, D/L is full of grammar pedants, snobs, and bitchery (hurrah!), but few people here are fighting to make women shut up as their sports prizes are handed to men, or as their identity is redefined, or as the words “mother” or “breast-feeding” are deemed to be “problematic” or as their children are being told that they can change their names and identitites at school without their parents being told.

Blame D/L for a tedious interest in old movies and long-dead actors, but we are not to blame for he backlash which gay people risk being caught up in.

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2024 12:01 PM

To all the gay incels and other assorted basement dwelling miscreants who have already posted on this thread and will post on this thread in the future:

Your problem is not trannies. Your problem is Christofascists and Neonazis who want to eliminate your rights and are busy behind the scenes sending out anti-trans and anti-gay propaganda. Yes, they do not like trannies, but they also do not like gays and lesbians. C/F: Mike Johnson, Speaker of the US House of Representatives, a more deeply closed fag I've ever seen.

You're living in a fantasy world if you continue to think the right is your friend. If Trump gets reelected, he's going to owe a lot of people big time, and the Christofascists and Neonazis will be holding one of the bigger IOUs. Don't expect him to intercede when these yahoos come gunning for gay rights.

So continue to stick your head up your asses and blame trannies for this decline in support for gay rights. Before you know it, you will be second class citizens because of your own myopia.

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2024 12:02 PM

R11

Except for sports more straights are concerned about the return of monkey pox among gay men and how that might impact their family and children than they are the trans issue. The men of DL are obsessed with the Trans issue most of America is not.

Not as long as it does not unfairly impact girls and woman’s sports.

Trans those is a great excuse for the drop in popularity and support

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2024 12:03 PM

You sound quite rational yourself, R14. Name calling is so persuasive.

by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2024 12:03 PM

You know this how, R15?

by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2024 12:04 PM

R14 the explosion in Trans & the other bullshit 648 genders etc is a right wing psyOp. They’re basically one and the same. The T junk was meant to divide the LGB and the left, just like race and BLM. Notice how the left is divided in every direction, but the right is nearly fully united?

by Anonymousreply 18June 2, 2024 12:06 PM

R15 now try prisons, hospitals, changing rooms and health centres.

You think straight people aren’t picking up that their daughters (and sons) complain about the school toilets being ‘gender neutral’ and girls not having a boy free safe space of their own?

Regardless of whether schools have trans pupils this is becoming increasingly common.

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2024 12:06 PM

R16: fibromyalgia victim, so tender to the touch!!!

by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2024 12:06 PM

Homophobic tranny alert at R15

by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2024 12:07 PM

R20, has nothing of merit to contribute here either.

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2024 12:07 PM

the harder Trans and their ally clowns try to dictate and control how everyone else sees them, the less popular LGBT will be.

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2024 12:08 PM

R17

A small controlled as of yet non peer reviewed study.

On DL I realized this was a forum full of men who seemed obsessed with Taylor Swift, not using condoms, and the trans issues So I stared to ask straight and real life gay friends and family what they thought about Taylor and Trans. Although I did not bring up condoms.

Kind of a blank look when it came to Taylor and Trans . The why are you even asking look. You had to bring up sports to get any kind of a reaction.

You could guess what the majority of Americans might think if they knew the same group of men obsessed with Taylor and Trans would be so anti condom in the face of so much sexually transmitted disease.. Disgusted might be a term that would jump to mind.

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2024 12:16 PM

So in other words you took your bias and got your friends to confirm it.

High value stuff there. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2024 12:21 PM

R25

Bias? I realize that in the real world of gay and bi and straights the DL obsession with the trans does not exist. That is an artifact of an online anonymous forum. And where it does exist it’s very much related to female sports.

Just as the majority of Americans don’t care one way or another how many letters are in the GLBTQI+++++. An obsession on DL.

That is neither a pro or anti trans comment a subject I have no professional training or first hand experience with.

The vast majority and the real world has little relationship to DL

by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2024 12:33 PM

The issue has now become, and will likely increasingly become, a concern for women, who make up a majority of the population in most of the western nations and most democracies. Concern for their integrity. Concern for their spaces. Concern for their rights. It is not just sport, though sport's a significant and important influence in the outcome of the debate, given its high value in American culture. Mostly you seem fixated on your dislike of DL's culture. OK, why waste your time then? Surely there's an acceptable gay board somewhere on the internet for you. I gather it's quite vast.

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2024 12:40 PM

From personal experience I’ve seen people who were never homophobic turn the corner with all the trans and sports/bathroom shit

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2024 12:43 PM

My belief based on experience of being online and offline is this:

With the exception of some hardcore religious nuts most people live by the Belinda Carlisle mantra: live your life be free. They might not want to go a lesbian wedding but if lesbians want to get married then so be it.

What people don't like is being expected to go along with an ideology that says YOU MUST BELIEVE anyone man who says the are a woman is a woman in the same way that your own mother is woman and that anyone who disagrees is a bad the KKK and ISIS.

Pregnant people not pregnant women? NO WAY

Rapists self IDing into women's prisons? NO WAY

14 year old boys called Mary beating 14 year old girls in school sports? NO WAY

With Dr Rachel Levine I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have an issue with the person appointed to a role that they're qualified for but pretending this person is the first woman to do the role? FUCK OFF ALREADY.

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2024 12:43 PM

[quote]in Nunavut, all seems to breathe freedom and peace and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils, so Nunavutians are almost unanimously supportive of all good things in the world.

In Nunavut, all see to breath gasoline.

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2024 1:28 PM

Breathe*

by Anonymousreply 31June 2, 2024 1:28 PM

I’m Canadian and whenever the redneck side of my family brings anything LGBT up it’s always trans related.

So anyone who says that these people just want an excuse to hate gay people is full of shit.

Basically ruined everything. THANKS, ASSHOLES.

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2024 1:30 PM

Same thing, really, R30.

by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2024 1:42 PM

R32

Are you suggesting it’s the trans issue that has turned your redneck family members into redneck family members who are homophobic and anti trans? Or might they have been right wing redneck members of your family even without the trans?

Outside of sports the trans is a fringe issue important to a very small % of Americans. But very important to a segment of the gay and haters communities both pro and con.

Most Americans just don’t give a fuck because they have real world issues impacting them and their family to deal with

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2024 1:43 PM

The anti-trans loons are out in full force today! They must have been triggered by the Trump verdict.

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2024 1:50 PM

[quote]Outside of sports the trans is a fringe issue important to a very small % of Americans. But very important to a segment of the gay and haters communities both pro and con.

All the polling I've seen on this shows that 2 different things are true.

1. "Trans rights" are very low down the list of what concerns people, way below the economy, security, health etc

2. People support sex based rights and oppose self ID with no safeguards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2024 1:52 PM

R36

Not to be argumentative but polling is one thing.

If I am asked by a pollster if I have an opinion on xyz I will probably have an opinion on xyz. I might be pro I might be con I might have absolutely no idea what I am talking about but I bet I like most people I will have an opinion if asked specifically.

Despite the fact that I never gave a shit about xyz until the pollster asked me.

Straights the vast majority of this country are not sitting around the kitchen table today having discussions about the trans. For that they would need to come to the DL.

by Anonymousreply 37June 2, 2024 2:03 PM

r36 a recent poll of american republican voters had them rating transgenderism as the most important voting issue in America ahead of inflation and global war

by Anonymousreply 38June 2, 2024 2:09 PM

In R37's world, people don't go elsewhere on the web or follow the news or comment about it on media websites.

Your're absurd.

by Anonymousreply 39June 2, 2024 2:12 PM

Back in the late 1970s and early 1980s, when the Equal Rights Amendment was being considered, ultra-right wing conservate, Phyllis Schafly and her uber gay son were in charge of disinformation about the ERA.

One of their favorite bits of disinformation was telling everyone the law would abolish separate rest rooms and separate locker rooms for men and women in ALL facilities, including churches, schools, hospitals, stores and malls, gyms, etc.

It was a complete fabrication but it took hold and one of the reasons the ERA went down in defeat.

The right learned a valuable lesson and is currently doing the same thing with all of its anti-trans initiatives, and as we saw then, there are just as many gullible morons now as there was back then.

Phyllis Schafley is dead but her devoted acolytes live on, and many of them are probably on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 40June 2, 2024 2:16 PM

Is paranoia one of the elements of rhetoric? It's been a long time since I've read Plato.

by Anonymousreply 41June 2, 2024 2:21 PM

This story was published in The Guardian a year after Phyllis Schlafly's death.

[quote]An increase in gender-neutral toilets is one of the aims of Sadiq Khan’s draft London Plan. It will address the concerns of transgender people who face intimidation and harassment in gender-segregated facilities when they are perceived by others to be in the “wrong” one.

She was a pioneer of trans rights!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 2, 2024 2:22 PM

"trans rights" can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 43June 2, 2024 2:24 PM

My Y has a gender neutral locker room now. I think gender neutral toilets are a logical policy track. It should be about giving people solutions, not imposing dogma. The gap between the needs of trans (vs transactivists) and the rights of biological sex is not that wide. It just takes common sense and in some instances courage to speak up for it.

by Anonymousreply 44June 2, 2024 2:27 PM

[quote]My Y has a gender neutral locker room now. I think gender neutral toilets are a logical policy track. It should be about giving people solutions, not imposing dogma. The gap between the needs of trans (vs transactivists) and the rights of biological sex is not that wide. It just takes common sense and in some instances courage to speak up for it.

Good for you.

But a lot of women don't want gender neutral toilets. They want female only toilets which men are not able to access.

And as a man I hate following women into a gender neutral bathroom when it's clear my presence is making them uncomfortable

by Anonymousreply 45June 2, 2024 2:47 PM

R45, to be clear, I only support the option. If people want the third way, they can use it, but for women especially single biological sex spaces have to be preserved and protected in my view.

by Anonymousreply 46June 2, 2024 2:50 PM

R43

Change “gay” or “LGBTQ++” for “trans” and you could have been the headline person for this loss of support in Canada article we are discussing.

The poll was not about the dip in trans support it’s about the dip in LGBTQ++ support.

And anyone that says the dip is all about the trans then support this with a legit poll not just personal opinions.

Deadly quite deadly type of MPOX found in Africa. That is what will get the straight concern more so than trans that impacts them in almost no way. Except for sports.

You don’t ever want to be around if a deadly gay male driven infectious disease starts to infect straights and their children. Then you will know what a loss of support feels like.

by Anonymousreply 47June 2, 2024 3:00 PM

It took years for gays to gain enough support and acceptance to finally get the right to marry which has no impact on the average person’s day to day life however the trans lobby high jacked the movement to push its regressive agenda which does affect the average person’s life by forcing them to deny reality, change their language, deny women their sports and give up their rights to privacy and safety to satisfy the mentally disturbed trans community.

It’s no wonder people are conflating the two and withdrawing their support.

by Anonymousreply 48June 2, 2024 3:09 PM

[quote]Are you suggesting it’s the trans issue that has turned your redneck family members into redneck family members who are homophobic and anti trans? Or might they have been right wing redneck members of your family even without the trans?

No, they’re not homophobic. The trans thing (separate) is setting some of them off.

by Anonymousreply 49June 2, 2024 3:13 PM

I am sure your self described red neck relatives are pro gay biden supporters except as you say for the trans issue. I can’t see how anyone would see that differently.

by Anonymousreply 50June 2, 2024 3:29 PM

It’s just getting comical how all these people do on here that defend all this far left bullshit is to just call everyone insane and loons and trolls and racist and klangrans and Russians and Boris. They never even have an argument to defend what they’re saying. They’ve just bought every single thing from social media and all these far left progressive idiots who have taken over gay world and the Democrats. They are just completely spineless.

by Anonymousreply 51June 2, 2024 3:42 PM

Gay rights were about allowing people to have the same rights as straight people and not be discriminated against.

Gay marriage was about allowing 2 people of the same sex to have their union recognised in law. It wasn't about forcing work colleagues to donate towards a wedding present.

Trans rights used to be about letting people live their lives with dignity but now it's about allowing people born male to access women's spaces and female only categories. It's about encouraging medical terminology to use the term "bonus hole" instead of vagina as not all women have vaginas and it's discriminatory towards the women with cocks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 2, 2024 3:46 PM

[quote] I am sure your self described red neck relatives are pro gay biden supporters except as you say for the trans issue. I can’t see how anyone would see that differently.

We’re Canadian so we’re not really into American politics.

by Anonymousreply 53June 2, 2024 3:47 PM

It’s the blue hair and tattoos I don’t support, gah! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 54June 2, 2024 3:49 PM

R52 don’t forget pronouns

by Anonymousreply 55June 2, 2024 3:52 PM

If you view the poll that was linked you can see that the attitude of Canadians regarding Trans people versus people who are merely not straight is totally different outside of workplace protection.

by Anonymousreply 56June 2, 2024 3:55 PM

R29 Amen.

by Anonymousreply 57June 2, 2024 4:12 PM

Remember when Munroe Bergdorf's response to the anti Trump women's marches was to tell women they were doing it wrong because the "pink pussy" hats weren't inclusive to women with cocks?

Yeah, that's when the tide started to turn for a lot of people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 2, 2024 4:23 PM

It didn't take reading that poll to understand where the divide is, R56. But, of course, we can't expose this divide here on DL lest our DL-is-the-problem troll (ignoring the fact that this little board has all of about 500 readers consisting of 98% gay men, 1% lesbians, and 1% of straights and others who find themselves here after googling some obscure Hollywood has-been and stay for the witty repartee) shouts us down.

Count me among those who have been very displeased with the way that LGB-and-everything-except-T issues have gone down the memory hole while the entire gay rights movement has become about trans and only the trans. I've stopped posting on and even reading some forums because of the way that they reflexively elevate trans issues over the panoply of issues that impact the entire LGB community, and it's not that I and those who share my opinions don't respect and want trans people to be included, it's that they have demanded and received forefront status to the disinclusion of all else.

I, and I believe most people, have no problem using the pronouns of your choice. On rare occasion when I err in this regard, forgive me if I initially use the incorrect pronouns; once corrected, I will happily refer to you accordingly.

I sympathize with the plight of trans people. I can think of nothing more difficult than living life in contrast with your core being. I support trans rights to be out, proud and accepted.

But just as there are limits on free expression in a multitude of ways both moral and legal, there are limits on what trans can ask and expect. For instance, it is not illegal to drive a right-hand drive automobile in the US or Canada; however, it is illegal to drive the right-hand vehicle on the left side of the street, not because we hate right-hand cars, or the custom in other countries is left-side driving, but because allowing the extreme minority of right-hand vehicles to drive on whatever side of the street they prefer is antithetical to a functioning traffic system for the vast majority.

I will not refer to a pregnant woman as a pregnant person. I will not alter the language that I use when its proper usage is accurate for 99.999% of all.

I will not accept a biological male convict to be incarcerated with 99.999% female convicts with the [italic]only[/italic] exception is if he has undergone complete gender reassignment and no longer possesses a penis and no longer has predominantly male traits.

And, of course, my most controversial opinion is regarding trans sport because it is inherently unfair for a biologically male athlete to compete against biologically female athletes. It is just science that men are physically bigger, stronger, and have physiological traits advantageous to men. Which is not to say that women have advantages in some areas that men do not, but when it comes to activities that are based on size, strength and inherently male traits, females are at a disadvantage.

[quote]My Y has a gender neutral locker room now.

And therein lies the great compromise. The Y I used 25 years ago had three changing rooms: men, women, and families with children (which had few facilities other than a few lockers and a couple shower stalls). It was an acceptable and appropriate situation for everyone who enjoyed this Y. Not that there wasn't lewd activity in the men's steam room; it was that Y management accepted the fact that not all situations are appropriate for children.

It would benefit everyone if we accepted the fact that gender norms differ and we need to go beyond a binary choice [italic]within reason.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 59June 2, 2024 5:19 PM

Google "hidden camera voyeur convicted" and you'll be reminded why women don't want to share bathrooms or changing rooms with men on any occasion.

by Anonymousreply 60June 2, 2024 5:47 PM

Canada is very diverse and a lot of the New Canadians come from cultures that aren't very liberal.

by Anonymousreply 61June 2, 2024 5:49 PM

Trans to the left of me, Muslims to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with Jews.

by Anonymousreply 62June 2, 2024 5:54 PM

I never thought I’d ever in a million years say this

I am starting to miss Richard Nixon and the Gipper. Those wonderful innocent days when we thought it cant get any worse than Nixon or Reagan.

History proving us wrong once again

by Anonymousreply 63June 2, 2024 6:06 PM

^^^ Oh, FFS.

by Anonymousreply 64June 2, 2024 6:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 2, 2024 6:36 PM

Remember Jessica Yaniv who used human rights legislation to sue working class immigrant women because the women didn't want to give Jessica's cock and balls a bikini wax?

WHY WOULD NORMAL PEOPLE THINK LGBTRANS PEOPLE ARE FREAKS?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 2, 2024 6:46 PM

The trans don’t want equality and it’s becoming clear to everyone and the backlash has started.

The average person things the trans are also gay because of the association with gay rights so it’s guilt by association.

Just like RVW was reversed you can expect a loss of rights for gays.

by Anonymousreply 67June 2, 2024 7:53 PM

R67

No the average person understands that they were gay men at one time now as trans they are straight or lesbian or bi women who mostly have a penis.

I often get confused but this is pretty easy to follow.

by Anonymousreply 68June 2, 2024 8:02 PM

R67 Correct.

by Anonymousreply 69June 2, 2024 8:14 PM

[quote]No the average person understands that they were gay men at one time now as trans they are straight or lesbian or bi women who mostly have a penis.

Most of them are straight men. They try to look like what they want to fuck. Please stop giving straight men a free pass. these men were never gay.

by Anonymousreply 70June 3, 2024 5:26 AM

I don't even understand that sentence.

by Anonymousreply 71June 3, 2024 11:03 AM

What R70 is saying is that there has been a shift in what "trans women" are.

There used to be old fashioned "transsexuals": Anna Madrigal, Caroline Cossey, the ladyboys, the stereotypical effeminate gay men who are told they're not really men and don't want to be women and do everything they can to "pass" including hormone treatment and surgery.

And there used to be "transvestites", ie straight men who loved to dress as "stereotypical" women and who got a thrill out of it. These are the AGPs, See Lia Thomas, Eddie Izzard.

And now there are "trans women" who are the mostly straight male transvestites, a lot of whom don't bother with any medical treatment and are just men in wigs and dresses who *demand* other women accommodate them in their spaces. They demand to be treated as lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 72June 3, 2024 12:08 PM

Thank the evangelical right, which is infiltrating politics and being influenced by US evangelicals. They’re a scourge, and they’re causing division with nonsense policies and legislation like pronoun laws for youth.

by Anonymousreply 73June 3, 2024 12:12 PM

Is the evangelical right behind Lia Thomas, Rachel Levine, Jessica Yaniv, Dylan Mulvaney and those manic tiiktokkers who cry in their car because they were misgendered 3 times before 9am?

by Anonymousreply 74June 3, 2024 12:16 PM

Yes it is, R74.

by Anonymousreply 75June 3, 2024 12:21 PM

Gay and lesbian gender nonconformity is no longer something tio be celebrated. Children who don't play with 'appropriate' toys or like to dress in "the wrong" clothes are considered nascent-trans, needing to be medically and surgically altered to be REAL men and women.

Thats about as homophobic and Right-Wing as you can get.

by Anonymousreply 76June 3, 2024 12:50 PM

Dylan of Bud Light fame is a perfect example of a gay or msm male to trans female today. Those who once identified as gay men and fucked other men who now see themselves as women, although with a penis, and still want to fuck other men.

Anyone claims that Dylan was not a gay msm man but a straight man who wanted to live as a woman is beyond stupid.

by Anonymousreply 77June 3, 2024 12:51 PM

[quote]Gay and lesbian gender nonconformity is no longer something tio be celebrated. Children who don't play with 'appropriate' toys or like to dress in "the wrong" clothes are considered nascent-trans, needing to be medically and surgically altered to be REAL men and women. Thats about as homophobic and Right-Wing as you can get.

Susie Green was celebrated in Britain as a trans rights icon. This is the woman who wasn't comfortable with her 4 year old son playing with dolls and being girly so they wouldn't let him play with dolls, so he became convinced he was a girl and she took him to Thailand on his 16th birthday to be castrated. She boasted that the puberty blockers made his penis so small that the surgeon had very little to work with to create a vagina.

Most normal people would see this as conversion therapy but TRAs celebrate it.

by Anonymousreply 78June 3, 2024 2:04 PM

[quote]Thank the evangelical right

Thank the loony left.

by Anonymousreply 79June 3, 2024 7:29 PM

I have nothing against anyone who is living their best life...I just think Trans people are a tiny % so how and why are they making such a Big noise...and why is the media so up for it. I'm sure most trans people just want to Live their lives and be left alone. Can't the people who keep pushing it read the room and pull back a bit.

by Anonymousreply 80June 3, 2024 8:06 PM

R80

A small % indeed.

But in GenZ according to the latest Gallup those identifying as trans is a larger % than those identifying as gay men.

So be carful about using the just a really tiny % of the population argument even if it’s accurate.

by Anonymousreply 81June 3, 2024 8:19 PM

It's the trans' shit people have been saying on DL for years. And then you've the pro trans DL hysterics who scream another another anti trans thread! and Muriel goes into her komodo dragon mode.

Wrong big time R34 but go back to sleep you'll feel better.

by Anonymousreply 82June 3, 2024 8:42 PM

So about 10% of Gen Z is going to spend their lives on hormones? That is the ones who even bother to try to emulate their chosen sex. I think the trans craze has passed and nonbinary is now the place to be.

by Anonymousreply 83June 3, 2024 8:48 PM

[quote] What really stood out to me was how starkly Canadians are changing their opinions," she said.

Immigration is the cause. Canada is admitting huge numbers of conservative religious people

by Anonymousreply 84June 3, 2024 9:15 PM

R79 - both can be right.

by Anonymousreply 85June 3, 2024 9:39 PM

What this OP doesn't mention is that Canada imported 1.3 million third worlders in 2023 alone (thanks, Cuck Trudeau). Society here is rapidly becoming majority constituted by people from parts of the world that hate us. Yet they come here in droves, because our worthless government rolls out the red carpet for them. It's as simple as that.

Look up the hate rally that happened in Mississauga, Ontario last year at this time. Guess where the majority of Muslims and South Asians are in Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 3, 2024 11:32 PM

R93

10% , not sure where you came up with that. According to Gallup the GLBTQ+++ all together does not rise to above 7.2% today.

We are talking small % when you combine all the letters and ++.. But the % of the T is rising. What will happen in the future is a guess.

by Anonymousreply 87June 4, 2024 8:51 AM

r78: That is brutal child abuse.

We alas have the same case here with the wacko Christian fundamentalist mother (I forgot her name) who beat her son when he wanted to play with dolls and disdained 'boys' toys and blithely admitted (in an article in MJcCalls, naturally) she was horrified that her son might be gay. She convinced him he was a girl and now she and her poor child are considered heroes by the Alphabet community.

by Anonymousreply 88June 4, 2024 11:03 AM

No one under 21 should be allowed to transition. After that, fine. The idea that this will lead to more teen suicides appears to be a myth.

by Anonymousreply 89June 4, 2024 11:45 AM

I agree, r89: After someone reaches legal age they should be able to do what they want.

From the reports of the corruption of England's Tavistock Clinic for Gender reports (reported by the BBC)

The transcripts detail a range of worries about the service. Homophobia in families attending GIDS is mentioned in all the transcripts Newsnight has seen. As well as seeing young people struggling with their sexuality, staff say some parents appeared to prefer their children to be transgender and straight, rather than gay. In one example, a GIDS clinician describes a young person who had come out as a lesbian and faced homophobic bullying, "within the family and quite openly in school". "Suddenly the young person changed their mind and they started identifying as trans." In some of these cases, clinicians thought that it wouldn't be appropriate for the patient to be referred for puberty blockers, with one child apparently saying: "My mum wants the hormone more than I do." But staff could be overruled by GIDS director Polly Carmichael, the transcripts suggest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 4, 2024 11:53 AM

Relatedly, a poll found declining support for Canada generally.

by Anonymousreply 91June 4, 2024 12:15 PM

President Biden @POTUS

To the entire LGBTQI+ community – especially young trans Americans – know that your president and my entire Administration have your back

Priorities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 4, 2024 4:49 PM

R91

I have an idiot co worker, a yank, that is constantly waving the Canadian flag about. I have complained to management.

by Anonymousreply 93June 4, 2024 4:54 PM

We don’t say “yank”. We say “an American”.

by Anonymousreply 94June 4, 2024 7:03 PM

[quote] know that your president and my entire Administration have your back

And upside it too.

by Anonymousreply 95June 4, 2024 9:55 PM

I like to search the word 'Canadian' on the free pron sites. The guys are usually sexier.

by Anonymousreply 96June 4, 2024 10:12 PM

R94

Yes why use 4 letters when you can say the exact same thing with 10 letters.

by Anonymousreply 97June 5, 2024 8:24 AM

And in other news an infectious fungal infection a disease that causes lesions on the penis, buttocks etc that has been seen in gay men in Europe has now just been reported in NYC in a gay man,

Just in time to celebrate Pride I would guess. It does respond to Rx but can take months to clear up.

TMVII

by Anonymousreply 98June 5, 2024 8:12 PM

R93 no on DL is getting the reference.

But I did and quite enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 99June 5, 2024 8:38 PM

"Recent surveys confirm every prejudice area eldergay has."

by Anonymousreply 100June 5, 2024 8:39 PM

So OP, did this pollster predict Hillary's big landslide in 2016?

by Anonymousreply 101June 9, 2024 8:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!