Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"House of the Dragon" returns June 16th for a second season

I just binge-watched the first season again in preparation for the new one, and it's much better than I remembered. The acting is absolutely first rate, especially Emma d"Arcy (as the adult Rhaenyra), Eve Best (as Rhaenys), and Olivia Cooke as the conflicted adult Queen Alicent. The men are excellent too, although Matt Smith is playing the same basic role as the bratty Daemon as he did as the bratty young Prince Philip (only he's sluttier and more murderous in this). Both Steve Toussaint (as the Sea Snake) and Fabien Frankel (as Ser Criston Cole) are very hot and do fine jobs. (We do need more male nudity, however).

The biggest problems for me are the younger actors: Alicent's children and Rhaenyra's children are not played by very good nor attractive young actors. But they will become more and more the stars of the show as it goes on, alongside their mothers. I hope they get replaced by better adult actors as they age.

The season premiere episode is entitled "A Son for a Son," which is bad news for Alicent since her son Aedmond killed Rhaenyra's son Luke at the very end of last season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2024 3:23 AM

WE WANT JON SNOW ! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW ! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW!WE WANT JON SNOW ! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW!WE WANT JON SNOW ! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW!WE WANT JON SNOW ! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW!WE WANT JON SNOW ! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW!WE WANT JON SNOW ! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW!WE WANT JON SNOW ! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW!WE WANT JON SNOW ! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW! WE WANT JON SNOW!

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2024 1:47 AM

You're not getting Jon Snow. He's not even born for another couple of hundred years after this show takes place.

It would be like having Elizabeth II make an appearance on the next season of "Queen Charlotte."

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2024 1:49 AM

I heard that in the final episode all the dragons will be killed and the characters will all laugh and say, dragons suck and are stupid.

THE END

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2024 1:58 AM

Good interview with Matt Smith in "Variety" about the new season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2024 1:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2024 3:51 AM

The new season is getting mostly great reviews.

SPOILERS

It looks like the new season will, as predicted by many, begin in the first episode with the "Blood and Cheese" incident, the event that is as horrific in terms of this series as the Red Wedding was for "Game of Thrones."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2024 4:24 AM

SPOILERS 2

There will apparently be a new credit sequence for this season which is good--I had so much trouble figuring out the one from last season, and yet it seemed too derivative of the "Game of thrones" credit sequence.

The new one will be based on a famous medieval work of art.

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2024 6:24 AM

[quote] The new one will be based on a famous medieval work of art.

Yay! I’m so happy.

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2024 6:37 AM

I find this show such a waste of time and space. What’s its point? Life with dragons. I didn’t miss GOT especially after that last season. Enough fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2024 5:51 PM

The new season is getting great reviews: 90% on rottentomatoes (though they've only given critics the first four episodes).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 6:33 PM

It's got to be better than the first seasons.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2024 3:01 AM

There was more than one first season?

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2024 3:02 AM

There were a bunch of them. They were like one to thee episodes each. And shown back to back. It was weird.

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2024 3:09 AM

It was alright. The pacing feels really off though. Beyond child murder being bad the promise Blood and Cheese would be worse than the Red Wedding fell flat because we spent about ten minutes with them.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2024 4:37 PM

Book readers were hyping up Blood and Cheese far too much. I've read Fire and Blood and sure it's horrible but it doesn't have the emotional weight of Catelyn and Robb who are characters we have really bonded with.

The main point of this is show that Team Black also drawing blood. Both sides have had a child killed so it ups the stakes and the animosity.

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2024 6:54 PM

But I liked the premiere a lot. It felt more deliberate, season 1 was so ham strung by how it had to cover decades of time. This episode really felt like the show could take its time with our main cast.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2024 6:55 PM

They should just leak all the episodes. Like they did with one GoT season

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2024 6:59 PM

not torrented yet...must suck.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2024 7:10 PM

Can Rhaenyra’s twink son be gay?

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2024 7:13 PM

I watched it but couldn't connect.

I couldn't remember who anyone was.

When it ended, I realized I couldn't recall one thing I saw. Except a baby was killed.

But that tends to be the case for me these days.

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2024 7:13 PM

Eve Best has such an interesting face. That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2024 8:00 PM

The show doesn’t connect. The plot moves forward by having people I don’t care about make stupid decisions. The dragons are good, but that’s not enough.

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2024 8:01 PM

A lot of lesbian actresses on this show. Actress that plays young Alicent Hightower is. Then both actresses playing Targaryen sisters are gay. Emma D'arcy is something

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2024 8:02 PM

I think I found a gay couple. The actor playing Prince Jacaerys (harry Collett) and Cregan Stark (Tom Taylor), met on set for a day of shooting. They had to shoot one more scene a few weeks late. Harry mentioned he was going to spend his break form shooting in Spain. Tom asked if he can join. Just the two of them hungout in Spain by hid private little rental/pool. Harry called it bonding with his co-star. They had like 10 lines together and wont be in any other scenes together this season. They did have loads of chemistry on screen.

I suppose 20 year olds can be spontaneous, but rarely do I see two single men, with no girlfriends in sight on their Instagrams, go off for a private 1-on-1 vacation. You can see that Harry was happy to post Tom all over his social media.

I think they were fucking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2024 8:43 PM

Small correction, they might have had other friends with em, I don't know. But he only showed this blond hunk on his instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2024 8:44 PM

Haven't yearned for the just death of a one-eyed fictional character in a long time. Not since Elle Driver. Maybe Popeye.

I suspect I will just have to wait.

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2024 8:55 PM

You think the idea of guys going on a trip together without girls is unheard of r24? What?

I have no idea if those guys are gay but some of you seem like shut ins that have never heard of people having friends.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2024 3:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!