Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Datalounge- My Boyfriend's Back !

Their well coiffed heads are trying to look tough and not succeeding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2024 9:55 PM

I prefer the Judith Light version. As a teenage gay I had this recorded off the tv onto a specially labelled VHS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2024 8:43 PM

The BEST!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2024 8:51 PM

Hey la...

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2024 8:53 PM

He never left. Oh wait, I didn’t have one I dumped him.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2024 8:59 PM

R2- Not the best. They're kind of mocking the song - looking goofy.

My version is still THE best on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2024 9:06 PM

r1, I think that would more accurately be referred to as the Jill Eikenberry version. I like it, though. What was it from? And thanks for posting it.

The original version is still the best. Thanks, OP. I was a pre-teen when it came out in 1963, and it dawned on precognitive me that not having to deal with women on this basis in my future was going to be a good thing. I always wished the Angels had come up with another hit as good as "My Boyfriend's Back," but it was not to be. And then along came the Shangri-Las, who met and exceeded the Angels' bridge-and-tunnel sass and attitude with "Remember (Walking in the Sand)" and their string of teen-oriented hits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2024 9:36 PM

R6 - it's the end of a made for tv movie called, coincidentally, My Boyfriend's Back.

Jill Eikenberry, Judith Light and Sandy Duncan play members of a girl group who had a hit with it who are reunited for a concert and address the grudges that led to their break up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2024 9:45 PM

October 6 1963. It was still in "the 1950s".

A month and a few weeks before Dallas. By February 1964, we were in a whole new world...

And only 5 years later, that song, those hair styles, those dresses seemed like ancient history.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2024 9:51 PM

^We were still in

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2024 9:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!