Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anybody else have COVID? 🦠

I tested positive last night. I thought it was allergies. Just started paxlovid. 😷

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2024 2:45 PM

COVID is so last season. Bird flu is so hot right now! Feverishly hot!

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2024 7:11 PM

I feel very unfashionable. Even the gal at urgent care said no one gets COVID anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2024 7:14 PM

It is weird to get it in the spring. Guess you're just lucky, OP! Feel better, good luck with the Paxlovid.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2024 7:22 PM

[quote]Even the gal at urgent care said no one gets COVID anymore.

She lied, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2024 7:24 PM

Covid is still prevalent. It’s not disappearing.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2024 7:29 PM

The new strain is called FLiRT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2024 7:33 PM

My neighbors just came back from two weeks in Europe. Both with Covid. Said lots of people on the plane coming home were coughing and hacking.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2024 7:37 PM

Sorry to hear that, OP. I am recovering from my very first bout of Covid, which I picked up on a cruise. An ocean cruise! I somehow made it through the whole pandemic without getting sick, but now when it's no longer fashionable I come down with it.

Sigh...

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2024 7:37 PM

OP, because of your thread, i just warned my friend who is flying to Maui tomorrow from San Fran for a week long vacation. She hadn't heard there was an uptick (particularly in California) and now she's considering masking up on the flight. It's her first time in Hawaii - I don't think she realized the flight was at least 4.5 hours long. I said I would (mask up if I was going) because I can't think of anything worse than being on a tropical, beautiful, HOT island for the first time and being sick with fucking COVID.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2024 7:44 PM

r8 - I got COVID 2 years ago after my first ever cruise. However, we're pretty sure we were exposed before getting on the cruise, and i wasn't sick at all onboard; it was after we got home.

It was at least my 2nd bout with COVID though, so it really wasn't bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2024 7:46 PM

Next you'll get MPox.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2024 8:14 PM

I'm very thankful that I escaped it altogether.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2024 8:18 PM

I just got it, OP. Have been on Paxlovid for two days now. No one I was around has caught it. Hope you get well soon.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2024 8:21 PM

Why are doctors handing out Paxlovid so freely now? It used to be harder to get with loads of warnings.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2024 8:24 PM

Never had it. Lucky me.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2024 9:37 PM

[quote] COVID is so last season. Bird flu is so hot right now! Feverishly hot!

Monkeypox has you both beat!

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2024 10:40 PM

[quote] Why are doctors handing out Paxlovid so freely now? It used to be harder to get with loads of warnings.

Maybe because it can't hurt and it's been shown to help some people?

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2024 10:45 PM

I've had Covid twice never serouus.

Like OP I did a recent test and... negative. For me it really is the pollen count. My perfect summer consists of breezy sunny days and rainy nights to weigh the pollen down.

The "sand in the eyes" feeling has me at my wits' end today. People see my eyes and wonder who died.

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2024 10:54 PM

What a bore op get back to us when you have something more exciting like bird flu.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2024 11:05 PM

Be sure to take Ivermectin, op!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2024 11:10 PM

[quote]The new strain is called FLiRT.

That's adorable. Why couldn't I have gotten a sexy COVID strain?

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2024 11:12 PM

3 people came into my work just sniffling and snotting everywhere today. I've never seen anything like it.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2024 11:15 PM

My friend got it a week and a half ago from her kid.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2024 11:29 PM

Does Covid even matter anymore? You aren't going to end up on a ventilator all intubated. I've had worse with a routine sinus infection.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2024 11:42 PM

My friend got it recently (I’m in NYC).

Feel better OP.

by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2024 1:00 AM

R9 “mask up”

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2024 2:25 PM

I came down with it yesterday. Geneva Switzerland college prof. Must be going around with young folks who feel nothing. Another colleague got it earlier in the week. Last night I felt like I was hit by a Mack truck. Today just feels like the flu.

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2024 2:27 PM

it's up to her now.

good luck.

by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2024 3:01 PM

The hospital where I receive chemo (I’m in Australia) has restarted their mask mandate on wards, they have also halted voluntary surgery due to a Covid induced bed shortage in ICUs.

by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2024 5:03 PM

it's happening. again.

by Anonymousreply 30June 1, 2024 5:05 PM

I'm a teacher, and I'm certain I got it from some kid, and then gave it to my partner.

by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2024 9:26 PM

My partner and I each had something that we both thought was Covid shortly after hanging out with another couple who also had something similar. We all tested negative. But who knows if we just didn’t time the tests right.

by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2024 9:52 PM

I just had for the very first time - caught from a guy at work who returned from a cruise with it. 4 others got it as well. I was vaccinated and went to the doctor and got Paxlovid. It was like having the flu. I don’t feel like I’ve regained my energy since though unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2024 10:11 PM

I wonder how many people who think they never had it did but had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2024 10:30 PM

thought the same, r34

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2024 12:18 AM

Hope you feel better soon, r29.

It's rampant in Western Australia. After watching so many colleagues catch it recently, our household is full of it. It's pretty nasty. This is the first time we've had it.

by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2024 2:38 AM

Cruises are horrible petri dishes of disease.

Just Friday, people disembarking an international cruise went on a United Airlines plane that had to be quarantined because 24 passengers became ill after their cruise.

So gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 2, 2024 2:42 AM

My brother-in-law just came home from a business trip with it. This must be his fourth time.

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2024 6:04 AM

I'm r39 and sure enough, the entire party came down with Covid, including the 1 year old. This was out of SFO, after I warned her of the new strain, mostly in California.

Their response: that's the price of traveling these days

Pretty sure none of them masked for their inbound flight (they all began to feel sick 2-3 days into their holiday).

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2024 6:13 AM

I came to work at the office on my mandated day in and who was there but a Covid-ridden bitch who insisted on coming in and blasting us with her germs. She also told a colleague (who quietly has cancer) who put in a mask that only people with no friends have never had Covid.

I’m thinking of reporting her to HR.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2024 8:04 AM

[quote]I’m thinking of reporting her to HR.

You should have given her a vicious face-slapping.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2024 8:19 AM

[quote]My brother-in-law just came home from a business trip with it. This must be his fourth time.

“We are completely under-investigating this virus,” said Douglas C. Wallace, a University of Pennsylvania geneticist and evolutionary biologist. “The effects of repeatedly getting this throughout our lives is going to be much more significant than people are thinking.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2024 11:31 AM

COVID antibody tests only last for a while, you lose the antibodies, you can test negative and still have been exposed, my doctor said he guesses someone might not have gotten it, but it's unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2024 2:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!