Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Nothing Fishy Here" - Cynthia Nixon Defends The End of Che Diaz

And just like that, Nixon churns out another dull-as-dishwater contribution to pop culture.

She shrugs off the whole Che Diaz arc, caring neither for fan outrage that Miranda went lez and dumped fan-favorite Steve, or for fan outrage that the show stunt-casted this weirdo and then fired them at the end of the season. She's not mad. She's not amused. She's not throwing wine. She's just...there.

Maybe all those hunger strikes have gone to her head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2024 10:26 AM

Poor choice of words, given the context.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2024 3:00 PM

Nothing fishy? Guess they didn’t munch together.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2024 3:04 PM

Because many accounts suggest Cynthia is the reason for some of the weird Miranda shit. They seem to have given her a lot of power to get her back, and she focused it on turning the once-great chatter of Miranda into a version of herself.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2024 3:04 PM

SR is an obnoxious woke fucking kunt. So fucking annoying. She should stay out in Cherry Grove being a predatory bull.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2024 3:05 PM

Why’d this bitch steal my name? If I could turn back time!

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2024 3:06 PM

Who is SR?

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2024 3:11 PM

R6 Salman Rushdie, Rose

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2024 3:27 PM

Nixon has become very full of herself in recent years, and she's never going to admit she made a bad decision in wanting this storyline--she's too arrogant. But I would bet she and Michael patrick King and particularly the executives at HBO/Max all realize deep down this character just did not work. They were trying to update SatC by bringing in more diversity, which was a good idea overall, but not every part of that had been thought through very carefully, and Che Diaz as a character was an awful addition to the show.

Meanwhile, Sara Ramirez's nutty in-your-face behavior in recent months means she's unlikely to get much acting work again. Who wants to work with someone who will badmouth her show-runner as soon as she 's left the show?

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2024 4:12 PM

R8 it’s so funny the white wokes who want to recast every role POC… EXCEPT their own! If they were truly anti-racist they would give up their job and money to oppressed POC. Why are they taking viewers and ad revenue from POC TV shows and movies? Remember during Covid the day where all white people were not supposed to post on social media in order to give spaces and voices to POC and black/brown folx. What happened to that train of thought?

You see it a lot in corporate America too, where you’ll have some CEO and other upper management demanding that DEI go into place and that they make the company as diverse as they can, but they’re always talking about the lower or other positions. They’re never talking about their own position. The Hypocrisy is hilarious.

If these people are so not racist, then they need to immediately step down from their positions and hand them over to an oppressed and colonized person of color! From the actors to the directors to the production team to the back office doing the accounting, unless it’s a racist company, then they need to move all those positions to POC immediately!

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2024 4:19 PM

The only good thing about Che Diaz was that she was so obnoxious and ham-fisted a character that she inspired some very witty posts on DL.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2024 4:36 PM

I had to stop watching this train wreck. It wasn’t even fun to hate watch. Did they have any further storyline with Steve after Miranda dumped him?

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2024 5:34 PM

The only people who like Che were the writers and Cynthia.

Even Sara didn’t like Che.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2024 5:40 PM

Maybe they’ll give Steve a nice boyfriend 🙋‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2024 6:59 PM

I don't think even the writes liked Che or they would have kept her on as a character.

I lay the blame for Che as a character squarely at the feet of Cynthia Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2024 8:08 PM

A 2-day hunger strike? How dedicated and noble! She's amazing!

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2024 8:49 PM

CN is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2024 7:39 AM

Ham fisted and ham faced!

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2024 7:54 AM

I've never met anyone who has watched And Just Like That. Not one single person.

It can't be very popular.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2024 8:22 AM

[quote]The only people who like Che were the writers and Cynthia.

The writers clearly hated Che - the "focus group" scene where people watched the comedy pilot and all hated her was vicious. I actually felt sorry for Che in that scene, being totally humiliated.

I wonder if they created Che Diaz (shady as) because Cynthia wanted someone to represent her ugly kid who is a girl pretending to be a boy.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2024 9:07 AM

Just to state the obvious, MPK does not have a grip on the characters or the story lines.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2024 9:19 AM

It takes a certain confidence to saunter into the public eye this way. I used to assume she was neurotic but no, she has the self-confidence of a lunatic. She has Trump-level confidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2024 9:19 AM

[quote]You see it a lot in corporate America too, where you’ll have some CEO and other upper management demanding that DEI go into place and that they make the company as diverse as they can, but they’re always talking about the lower or other positions.

DEI is such a bad idea in the long run, because it favors "representation" and "diversity" over skill/talent/suitability/constitution.

Thus, many incompetent people are doing jobs they're not qualified for, just to check off racial/female quotas.

Also, since it's not the best of the best, this flawed system does not allow for great minds/thinkers to come together and invent/do great things.

Hence why DEI-laden Hollywood/Broadway are currently undergoing a Dark Age...

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2024 9:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2024 10:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!