Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I was invited to a PFLAG Gala

Surprised they haven’t been made to change their name. Of course, their mission includes BQT+

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2024 2:56 PM

That’s for making this important point, OP. It’s lovely when the gays discriminate against other maligned groups. You’re a leader in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2024 4:39 PM

How are gays discriminating? By not changing the name?

The mission of the group is to support all.

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2024 4:43 PM

Of course the program of the gala is mostly about Trans.

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2024 4:50 PM

I can't keep track of these things. Is the P Flag the yellow triangle part with the drain ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2024 4:51 PM

R3, poor you! Because gays have never gotten any attention (cough, talk to lesbians, who’ve always been secondary).

It’s not all about you, my friend.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2024 4:54 PM

For you, R3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2024 4:56 PM

I don’t think I’m the one having a self-pity party here. R1, R5, R6

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2024 5:02 PM

How many colors will the flag be?

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2024 6:25 PM

It's not about flags, you fucking idiots.

It's a parental support group for parents of LGBTQ+ kids.

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2024 6:28 PM

Does PFLAG have its own flag?

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2024 6:30 PM

No, but there’s a tote bag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2024 6:32 PM

Does this count?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2024 6:32 PM

So the gala was last night.

95% Trans issues.

Gays and lesbians have disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2024 1:48 PM

How was Rosie's Award Speech?

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2024 1:51 PM

Mostly about how inspiring her neuro-divergent, non-binary kid is.

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2024 1:54 PM

PFLAGTIQ+

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2024 2:16 PM

LGB ONLY….the rest is embarrassing and has hurt our overall cause. LGB is sexual, the rest is mental.

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2024 2:44 PM

I don’t agree with your characterization of trans people, but I do wish that they had formed their own organizations rather than piggybacking on, and ultimately swallowing, LG organizations.

We are allies to a large degree, but there are aspects of the trans movement that are in conflict with lesbian and gay interests, such as the pressure some gay kids may feel to change their gender in order to conform with social or religious pressures. Also, the more aggressive aspects of trans ideology (such as the insistence that trans women are women—period, and everyone should understand gender as a social construct) threaten a backlash against us all.

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2024 2:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!