Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cyndi Lauper Documentary "Let the Canary Sing' Official Trailer (Paramount Plus)

YES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 1:03 AM

Her son seems like a real POS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2024 3:22 PM

I can't wait for the Martika documentary to come out: Step by Step, Our Martika.

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2024 3:35 PM

Compared to other Popstars, she had a really boring life, I can’t imagine that this documentary is going to be any good Except for the most extreme fans

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2024 3:37 PM

I knew Cyndi more as an acquaintance while she was with her band Blue Angel before going solo. She was a bit quirky but very funny and a true sweetheart. I had mixed emotions when I heard she was making her first solo because her band was very unique and was expecting them to get popular, but I changed my mind when her album came out, recording with the a new then little known band named The Hooters. Her discography in the eighties and nineties is at least as good as Madonna's, but not as prolific, commercial or successful.

It's a shame about her son bad behavior. I'm guessing he didn't have enough parental guidance growing up.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2024 3:47 PM

She sabotaged herself. A little Lou Albano goes a long, long way. She turned herself into a joke.

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2024 3:50 PM

I cannot stand her and the wrestling shit, the weird shrill voice, the ugly clothing, too many colors, thrift store crapola…. She just sucks.

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2024 3:54 PM

Anyone have a guess as to how much revenue for Cyndi Kinky Boots might generate at this stage? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2024 4:00 PM

She had some truly brilliant cuts. True Colors, She Bop, Time After Time, Money Changes Everything, and a few more I'm sure. She just bent into her shtick too hard and she couldn't reverse. Her audience outgrew her act and wasn't interested, very much, in Cyndi 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2024 4:02 PM

I cannot stand the spoiled little girl voice.

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2024 4:13 PM

Cyndi is a gem who supported the gay community long before it was fashionable. She's one award away from an EGOT and has consistently worked and marched to the beat of her own drum. I'm glad she's getting the documentary treatment. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2024 4:18 PM

Outer Borough Pride!

- Team Cyndi

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2024 4:22 PM

Love Cyndi.

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2024 4:24 PM

R1, there's something really messed up about this guy. I can't find the video but it's after his father posted his bail and he's leaving the courthouse. He starts yelling to the press he's the King of NY and he comes across as really weird and unsocialized.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2024 4:26 PM

She’s one of the most woke people you’ll ever meet. A total femlib stereotype. She’ll support ANYTHING if she thinks it’s considered progressive.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2024 5:52 PM

Her skin hurts.

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2024 10:07 PM

I was just listening to an old cassette of her today on my garage boombox. She was very meticulous about the sounds and messages she wanted to convey. Was it the wrestling thing that derailed her career?

She's a more talented artist than her contemporary Madonna, but lacked the business savvy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2024 12:02 AM

In the spring of 1998 a friend and I had just come out of the movies and as we were walking along, she said “look!” and pointed to Cyndi Lauper as she was exiting a GapKids. Cyndi saw us looking at her and smiled, waving her litttle gapkids bag at us. She seemed so jolly sand friendly.

My friend told me Cyndi had recently had a baby. Now I read all three years later that he grew up to be a creep and that is very sad.

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2024 12:31 AM

She was done with the wrestling thing by the time her second album came out. Her public image persona wasn't near as lavishly marketed as Madonna's was.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2024 1:26 AM

R17, a GapKids wardrobe may have caused irreparable damage. Had she gone with Garanimals he may have turned out to be less of a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2024 1:28 AM

She Bop. Masturbation

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2024 2:12 AM

Girls Just Want to Have Fun always makes me happy when I hear it.

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2024 2:32 AM

Will it cover any bi news?

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2024 3:23 AM

I watched this today. I was surprised how fascinating the story was for about an hour, then it peters out during the low point of her career. And just scurries through Kinky Boots. But I'm going to listen to her music again because the documentary provided some insight into it and some of her hits sounded very good in the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2024 12:44 AM

R17, you knew the son was a creep before his 4th birthday?

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2024 1:01 AM

Yeah, R4, where’s the documentary about Philly’s Hooters?

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 1:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!