Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: I Found A DLer's Condo

Most of the furniture is very Wayfair, but probably because our comrade spent all his money on dolls and lovely display cases for them, Garland, Crawford, and Davis posters, and much more! His obvious fondness for kitschy 50's sci-fi endears him to me. Reveal yourself, Condo Owner! Won't you be my neighbor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2024 5:38 PM

Hilarious posters and decor.

Wait, I think I've been IN this building.......did I trick with someone who lived there? Maybe.......

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2024 9:17 PM

I really like Pittsburgh, and outside of the kitchen being inferior to my needs, I don't mind the unit itself. But I would never pay that much for tenement housing.

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2024 9:29 PM

The laundry room is oddly-placed

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2024 9:33 PM

Love the name of the hood, "Shadyside".

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2024 9:45 PM

I actually like it

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2024 9:49 PM

LOL, his apartment reminds me of my husband's FOLLIES Room.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2024 9:55 PM

I like most of it too.

The "doll" room is disturbing though. Who buys those carpets?

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2024 10:08 PM

When you're from Pittsburgh, you have to do something.

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2024 10:22 PM

If I went home with a door grab and caught sight of the doll room I would flee into the night.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2024 10:29 PM

Is that a portrait of Mother in the dining room (photo 17)?

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2024 11:08 PM

Did the tenant jump out one of the windows?

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2024 11:12 PM

Great find, SF!

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2024 12:25 AM

Hilarious find. I can't stop laughing. Reminiscent of Lurid Digs back in its glory days.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2024 12:30 AM

How are the criss-crossed bungie cords used for exercise?

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2024 12:31 AM

That’s a nice condo — good space and finishes. Not all the furniture is stuff I personally would buy, but I like/share most of this guy’s taste in kitsch. As long as you’re past your days of trying to bring home and bed twenty-somethings, then sky’s honestly the limit with the Douglas Sirk paraphernalia and Joan Crawford iconography.

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2024 12:41 AM

Is there a city that's not in a hellhole state that is nice, relatively gay friendly, and walkable to things like groceries, most services like doctors, gym, and decent public transportation - essentially NYC, except not as expensive.

by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2024 12:46 AM

Hard to believe a gay man lived there... there's hardly any closet space. I have more closet space in my one bedroom apartment. Also, the terrace has a lovely view of... a brick wall? None of the bedrooms is en suite, not even the primary. Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 17May 29, 2024 1:00 AM

The building facade looks like a 50s hospital connected to an old church.

by Anonymousreply 18May 29, 2024 1:11 AM

Is the Pee Wee Herman doll anatomically correct ? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2024 1:11 AM

You'd have to be presenting hole to be a true gay interior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2024 1:13 AM

Did a gay man with a child live there?

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2024 1:16 AM

The two "assigned parking spaces" had better be inside! . And it's overpriced.

by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2024 1:18 AM

I'm with you, R15. Nothing wrong with a home full of movie posters -- I like to see signs that the home owner cares about something. But I draw the line at dolls!

R10 You know it!

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2024 1:21 AM

I love the "Judy, Judy, Judy," poster.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2024 1:26 AM

I don’t get the floor plan. He enters from his own balcony? And who’s Oscar izzat?

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2024 1:35 AM

R25 - lol - now that I look at it - how do you enter from your balcony AND entry way? Do you enter the balcony from the hallway then enter your apartment? Don't know if I like or hate that.

The kitchen was done on the cheap - and it shows.

It's a good sized apartment for sure and a lot can be done with it. Shadyside is a very upscale neighborhood and close to the few gay bars there.

But the street view - across the street does look like public housing. The decor is....just decoration. I can't believe someone lives there with such little furniture and 5000 movie posters.

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2024 1:51 AM

[quote] Hard to believe a gay man lived there... there's hardly any closet space.

Well, when you're a fisting bottom like the owner has to be, you come with your own storage.

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2024 1:55 AM

[quote]The two "assigned parking spaces" had better be inside! . And it's overpriced.

There is an attached parking garage, But as for overpriced, it doesn't seem so unless you've been asleep for a very long time. With 1800+ square feet, it's $200/sf, well located, and in great condtion (dolls aside). It seems the going price because at link is a unit in the same building that's nearly the same square footage and details and condition, listed at $379,000 it's under contract.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2024 7:52 AM

R28 - agreed - it's cheap as hell for a city condo in a very nice area. Massive for an apartment.

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2024 3:22 AM

It doesn’t offend me.

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2024 4:30 AM

What's the sex toy on the door? Looks like an apartment for a student that comes from money and ain't sharing a dorm shower. Not that I would know.

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2024 4:35 AM

Weider X factor door gym

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 30, 2024 6:15 AM

Its just as well the owner has so many movie posters and stuff, anything to relieve the relentless white on everything except the hallway. Without his stuff there it would be extremely sterile and uninteresting, a bit like that marble floored place in Dallas linked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 30, 2024 6:16 AM

True, R33. Everything suggest an owner afraid to put a nail into a wall, or have any walls, furniture, appliances, that are not white. Always Be Thinking Resale, I suppose is his mantra.

It does have the look of a place the owner always expected to live in for a few years then sell, supporting R31's theory.

by Anonymousreply 34May 30, 2024 6:32 AM

Why do gay men always go cheap on the laundry appliances? That's stackable washer dryer is crap! And looks to be vented not properly. The kitchen is okay it would work for me not a big fan of those vent hoods that are restaurant style with all the stainless steel although they work well for ventilation they were bitch to keep clean.

by Anonymousreply 35May 30, 2024 10:12 AM

Correction: that’s a lesbian DLer’s condo. I wouldn’t be caught dead having those sterile and basic furniture in my house.

by Anonymousreply 36May 30, 2024 2:21 PM

Judy, Peewee and Rocky...if I cant buy it I want to be friends with the owners

by Anonymousreply 37May 30, 2024 2:33 PM

The place across the street looks like another late 40s/50s building. Most garden apartments of that time were plain. This unit's building looks like an attempt at early international architecture (the balconies) with oddly traditional touches. A lot of space for the price. I didn't like the floors, though--too dark and it looks uneven. They must have taken down a wall at some point.

by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2024 5:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!