Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Exclusive: Kim Cattrall is crawling back to SJP with her tail between her legs

Her attempt at a breakout show, ‘Glamorous’, flopped at Netflix, so now she’s eating crow and wants to join ‘And Just Like That’ full time.

by Anonymousreply 94June 5, 2024 8:57 AM

Link?

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2024 4:39 PM

R1 it’s a datalounge exclusive

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2024 4:44 PM

bullshit

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2024 4:45 PM

Trust me, bro!

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2024 4:47 PM

OP - Matthew Broderick

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2024 4:53 PM

Source: voices in OP's head.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2024 4:55 PM

R5 shut the fuck up! Don’t fucking post that. How the fuck would even know? Mind your own fucking business, you fucking poor loser.

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2024 4:56 PM

Nah. 0.0000000001/10

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2024 4:57 PM

Monday is a slow news day.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2024 4:59 PM

I think the OP is attention deficit but it's worth pointing out the new season of AND JUST LIKE THAT has already started shooting. I don't believe it would be possible to write in Samantha in a substantial way at this point. Aren't all the plots boarded out?

nevertheless, if this were true (it isn't) it would get tons of media and attention and, whatever their past differences, the cast would welcome her back.

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2024 5:00 PM

I believe it when I hear it from the horse’s mouth aka SJP

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2024 5:00 PM

R9 it’s Tuesday

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2024 5:01 PM

R11 wins

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2024 5:03 PM

[R11]. Good one. Seabiscuit would know

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2024 5:06 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2024 7:31 PM

I like Blue Waffles

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2024 7:37 PM

[quote]Kim Cattrall is crawling back to SJP with her tail between her legs

Mmm. That's one tail I wouldn't mind having between my legs.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2024 7:42 PM

RACI$T LE$BIAN TROLL ALERT!

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2024 7:46 PM

If they brought Samantha back, I’d want her to fuck Steve.

You know she appreciates his hard body.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2024 7:49 PM

Janet Charlton is reporting this.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2024 7:52 PM

The Sex and the City spinoff, And Just Like That recently started filming its third season in New York City and we can tell you that Kim Cattrall will definitely appear again in another cameo and this time she will share the screen with a cast member -but it won’t be Sarah Jessica Parker. We are hearing that Kim’s character Samantha Jones is living in Europe and will be visited by one of the cast, and the scene will take place there. Producers haven’t decided if it’s going to be Cynthia Nixon or Kristen Davis, but it’s going to happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2024 7:56 PM

[quote]we can tell you that Kim Cattrall will definitely appear again in another cameo

So much for the neigh sayers.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2024 7:57 PM

Eh? A scene or two with another character?

That doesn't sound like anybody's putting her tail between her legs.

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2024 8:00 PM

[quote] Janet Charlton is reporting this.

she's not.

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2024 8:01 PM

Per Janet....

he Sex and the City spinoff, And Just Like That recently started filming its third season in New York City and we can tell you that Kim Cattrall will definitely appear again in another cameo and this time she will share the screen with a cast member -but it won’t be Sarah Jessica Parker. We are hearing that Kim’s character Samantha Jones is living in Europe and will be visited by one of the cast, and the scene will take place there. Producers haven’t decided if it’s going to be Cynthia Nixon or Kristen Davis, but it’s going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2024 8:03 PM

It's not as dramatic as OP portrays. This is all MPK, not SJP, and Kim gets cash.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2024 8:05 PM

AJLT needs Kim Cattrall more than Kim Cattrall needs AJLT.

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2024 8:09 PM

Yes, R25. We know.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2024 8:10 PM

What was dramatic was that she appeared at all last season after making a whole production about NEVER appearing on this show in the first place. She is clearly trying to ease her way back in whilst making everyone associated with the production maximally uncomfortable.

Kim, Taylor Swift said it best. “It’s me. Hi. I’m the problem, it’s me.”

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2024 10:04 PM

[quote]Taylor Swift said it best, “It’s me. Hi. I’m the problem, it’s me.”

Are you a Swiftie frau R29?

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2024 10:11 PM

If I had to guess it would be Cynthia Nixon…however…I could totally see them do a cheat where it’s Mario Cantone who visiting with his European boyfriend from last season.

It would make no sense for it to be Kristin Davis. Davis and Cattrall aren’t friendly and the characters were always at odds.

Kim seemed to at one time at least respect Nixon and them two together on screen again would be fantastic

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2024 10:19 PM

[quoter]Janet Charlton is reporting this.

I read it in Winchell, so it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2024 11:26 PM

Wtf is winchell

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2024 3:15 AM

R31 the best part of SATC was Samantha playing off of Miranda, who was always naive, nervous, and shocked by her behavior. The interactions of Samantha with Charlotte was usually an eyeroll and with Carrie a girly giggle and a knowing look and smirk. Boring. Without the Samantha character & Kim that show would be forgotten like so many others from the turn of the century.

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2024 3:17 AM

R33 the most famous and first gossip columnist of his time, which was obviously before yours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2024 3:19 AM

[quote] If they brought Samantha back, I’d want her to fuck Steve.

I think given what the new show is like, it's much more likely if anyone would fuck him it would be Che Diaz.

With a strap-on.

by Anonymousreply 36May 29, 2024 3:46 AM

Well that's a horse of a different color!

by Anonymousreply 37May 29, 2024 3:55 AM

David Eigenberg has a hot, tight, ripped body.

He looks great without his shirt on Chicago Fire.

Miranda was a fool to toss his tight ass to the curb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 29, 2024 4:03 AM

They drummed Kim outta Hollywood so she came crawlin back to SJP but SJP doesn’t go for booze and coke! She prefers sugar cubes and ketamine instead.

by Anonymousreply 39May 29, 2024 4:28 AM

I never paid much attention to this show, either the original version or this reboot, but Kim Cattrall seems very likeable. Decent taste in movies, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 29, 2024 6:00 AM

Kim looks great, she looks so relaxed out of the limelight. I have not seen a single piece of Just Like That, but did catch up on a few episodes of Sex and the City recently, and it must be said that the show is not aging well. The Samantha character is the only one who seems like she could still cut it in the modern world.

by Anonymousreply 41May 29, 2024 6:33 AM

R22 I really generally loathe the SKP horse jokes, but that did get a chuckle out of me.

by Anonymousreply 42May 29, 2024 3:35 PM

SJP*

by Anonymousreply 43May 29, 2024 3:35 PM

They are never ever getting back together.

by Anonymousreply 44May 29, 2024 3:36 PM

I knew you were trouble when you walked in

by Anonymousreply 45May 29, 2024 3:40 PM

Regarding Nixon and Cattrall screen time, didn’t Cynthia come down hard on SJP’s side - would Kim even want to work with her?

by Anonymousreply 46May 29, 2024 3:44 PM

I did not know the show Glamorous existed: [quote]Marco Mejia is a young gender non-conforming queer person who lands a job working for legendary makeup mogul Madolyn Addison. Wikipedia

Sounds stupid.

by Anonymousreply 47May 29, 2024 6:44 PM

R47 it was.

by Anonymousreply 48May 29, 2024 6:45 PM

It was actually a very cute show.

by Anonymousreply 49May 29, 2024 6:50 PM

Well, Zane Phillips' abs were cute, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 50May 29, 2024 7:28 PM

Next season will be must-watch TV with Kim and Rosie O'Donnell joining the show. How wonderful it will be to have both of them on the show.

by Anonymousreply 51May 29, 2024 7:45 PM

Kim must be really riled that she appeared in the West End three times - in Whose Life Is It Anyway, Private Lives and some David Mamet play at the Donmar - and never got an Olivier nomination.

SJP shows up in Plaza Suite this season and gets a Best Actress nom.

Suck it, Kim!

by Anonymousreply 52May 29, 2024 8:36 PM

Didn't Kim also do Sweet Bird of Youth in London? I would love to have seen her in that. She was great in Private Lives.

by Anonymousreply 53May 29, 2024 9:29 PM

She did indeed, R53.

by Anonymousreply 54May 29, 2024 9:33 PM

[quote] What was dramatic was that she appeared at all last season after making a whole production about NEVER appearing on this show in the first place. She is clearly trying to ease her way back in whilst making everyone associated with the production maximally uncomfortable.

Actually, the head of HBO approached Kim Cattrall with a blank cheque and asked what it would take for her to make an appearance.

by Anonymousreply 55May 30, 2024 4:15 PM

She’s the smart one. She’s doing this on her terms.

by Anonymousreply 56May 30, 2024 4:17 PM

Her cameo last season was a huge success so, of course, production will throw another million at her to do another next season. I think Kim got along best with Nixon who seems to have stayed pretty neutral in the whole feud so it would make sense to film with her. Davis is fiercely loyal to SJP so it won't be her.

by Anonymousreply 57May 30, 2024 4:23 PM

I think you’re right, R53. And always gotten excellent reviews in all of her outings. I think she did Anthony & Cleopatra as well, up north, either in Liverpool of Sheffield Crucible.

by Anonymousreply 58May 30, 2024 4:34 PM

R31; I remember Charlotte grilling Samantha about her latest sexcapade; 'well, what does it do for a living?'

Samantha: (not having a care in the world): "I don't know!"

by Anonymousreply 59June 2, 2024 1:54 AM

Kim Cattrall was in a show called Sensitive Skin ten years ago that no one watched. It's worth checking out if you're a fan of hers.

by Anonymousreply 60June 2, 2024 7:37 AM

[quote]Actually, the head of HBO approached Kim Cattrall with a blank cheque and asked what it would take for her to make an appearance.

That's what happened last season. So why is she coming back this next season and doing a little bit more?

She wants back in. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 61June 2, 2024 7:48 AM

[quote]Her cameo last season was a huge success so

Her cameo last season was a dud, and even if it was a "huge success", you would have no way of knowing that.

by Anonymousreply 62June 2, 2024 7:48 AM

[quote]Her cameo last season was a dud, and even if it was a "huge success", you would have no way of knowing that.

I'm not the person you're responding to but it did generate press for the show, even if it was lackluster.

by Anonymousreply 63June 2, 2024 8:09 AM

Kim's filming one tiny scene in secret for presumably a lot of $$ was a masterstroke by Cattrall.

Not only did the Head of the HBO network personally come (begging) to her, she commanded her own terms, filmed in secret for just a few hours, have Pat Field dress her (after she too refused to work on AJLT). All done with any knowledge of SJP or MPK who had to put on their happy faces when it was announced.

by Anonymousreply 64June 2, 2024 9:31 AM

[quote]That's what happened last season. So why is she coming back this next season and doing a little bit more?

She wants back in. Obviously

Actually if Kim is doing another cameo for season 3 I would guess it was more likely the same HBO bigwigs approached her with another blank cheque.

She has a very sweet deal, getting a huge sum for a few hours work. Last time she didn't even have to see any of the cast. Why let herself lose face and return to all that stress when she doesn't have to?

by Anonymousreply 65June 2, 2024 9:38 AM

R53 she was terrific in Sweet Bird Of Youth. I also saw her in Whose Life Is It Anyway? and she had the audience entranced.

by Anonymousreply 66June 2, 2024 10:00 AM

[quote] She wants back in. Obviously. Actually if Kim is doing another cameo for season 3 I would guess it was more likely the same HBO bigwigs approached her with another blank cheque

It’s less about Kim specifically wanting to be on AJLT per se and more about the good business sense of keeping good with the head of HBO. If he is not opposed to her doing further work at the network because she is playing ball, now that she is working on her terms and is being well compensated for a cameo, more the better.

She liked SATC and the character, but didn’t enjoy the BTS drama with SJP and MPK and the direction the writing was going, especially with regard to Samantha. So it was a successful negotiation on her part.

by Anonymousreply 67June 2, 2024 2:54 PM

I think HBO also realized that MPK was the problem all along but they are in too deep.

Che Diaz was a shitshow

Aidan was a shitshow

Kristin Davis’s new face was a shitshow

by Anonymousreply 68June 2, 2024 3:23 PM

In that last Netflix series her skin looked like someone swapped out her state of the art laser resurfacing laser for a barcode reader.

by Anonymousreply 69June 2, 2024 3:25 PM

Cynthia and Rosie looking fabulous in Times Square. I like Rosie with the longer hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 2, 2024 4:12 PM

Carrie thinks she's Katie Scarlett but she's really Suellen.

by Anonymousreply 71June 2, 2024 4:29 PM

R70 one huge draft and Cyn will have her Marilyn Monroe moment!

by Anonymousreply 72June 2, 2024 4:30 PM

Honestly, they should do a spin off of Sam in London and her sexcapades and perhaps finally finding the ONE. I picture a minor titled British peer.

by Anonymousreply 73June 2, 2024 4:39 PM

[quote] Honestly, they should do a spin off of Sam in London and her sexcapades and perhaps finally finding the ONE. I picture a minor titled British peer.

Played by Alex Jennings!

I also picture a threesome with Idris Elba and Jack Grealish making his acting debut.

She will have a flat in Hampstead. Lesley Manville, Josette Simon, Dawn French, Lucy Punch, Billie Piper and/or Rossy De Palma will make appearances at brunch.

by Anonymousreply 74June 2, 2024 6:19 PM

[quote]I think she did Anthony & Cleopatra as well,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 2, 2024 6:31 PM

They should flip the entire arc of the series and have Kim come back and completely steal the show from SJP. This thing is on life-support at this point anyway.

by Anonymousreply 76June 2, 2024 6:39 PM

Kim is a 60-something year old woman without children. Not even sure if she’s married or not. She’s worked pretty much nonstop for decades.

I’m gonna guess she lives a very comfortable and privileged life without too many money issues.

It’s not like she’s Alec Baldwin with that horde of young kids and needs to work.

by Anonymousreply 77June 2, 2024 6:44 PM

The entire cast hated Kim. SJP has been well-liked in the biz for 40 years yet the cunts on DL take Kim’s side. I realize it’s because you’re all whores like Samantha but I’m team Carrie all the way.

by Anonymousreply 78June 2, 2024 6:49 PM

[quote] SJP has been well-liked in the biz for 40 years

She’s also well-liked by Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 79June 2, 2024 6:54 PM

I don't believe SJP is a horrible person nor do I believe Kim is a horrible person. Co workers don't always get along. And that's exactly what they were - Co workers. They got along well enough for six seasons then the idea for a movie came along, they clashed and things got ugly making them both look bad.

by Anonymousreply 80June 2, 2024 7:04 PM

The obvious answer is to give Cattrall as a spin-off with Samantha in London surrounded by "new" friends and running a PR firm. Given Cattrall's age, the writers would have tone down some of Samantha's sex adventures but there was more to the character than that.

If they could land Pat Field to dress Samantha, Darren Star to write the initial episodes to set up the premise of the show, and give an ironclad guarantee that SJP wouldn't ever appear, they likely could get Cattrall on board.

I actually think, if written properly, the spin-off could be far more popular and a much better show than AJLT.

by Anonymousreply 81June 2, 2024 7:20 PM

No idea who Alex Jennings is. I picture an age appropriate, sophisticated guy. Maybe that GoT alum that followed the blonde chick around as advisor and protector. He was attractive.

by Anonymousreply 82June 2, 2024 7:39 PM

Sarah was the show’s power center. Of course Kristen and Cynthia were up her ass.

The issue here isn’t unknown: Kim wanted pay parity and didn’t get it. Reports are that SJP got way more than the others. She didn’t like it (especially as she had to naked a lot and Sarah wore a bra to have sex.

by Anonymousreply 83June 2, 2024 8:01 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Cattrall didn't object to her character's ridiculous role in that godawful second movie. Her behavior was asinine and over the top.

by Anonymousreply 84June 2, 2024 8:08 PM

[quote]I wouldn't be surprised if Cattrall didn't object to her character's ridiculous role in that godawful second movie. Her behavior was asinine and over the top.

Surely, you’re not referring to this scene…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 2, 2024 8:15 PM

R35. Yeah if you’re 80. Don’t bitch if someone is younger and has never heard of your Winchell . Winchell’s Donuts? Now that we know. lol

by Anonymousreply 86June 2, 2024 8:19 PM

That and the public displays in a country with zero tolerance along with carrying condoms around and the overall hyper sexuality in a Muslim country.

by Anonymousreply 87June 2, 2024 8:22 PM

R70 I didn’t realise how short Rosie is. Cynthia Nixon is a shade of 5’6” at best (she claims to be taller but she physically ran into me at the theatre I can confirm that she isn’t.)

SJP must barely clear 5 feet.

by Anonymousreply 88June 4, 2024 6:25 PM

SJP is tiny. The first time I ran into her I was shocked because I thought it was a little girl. (It was getting dark.)

by Anonymousreply 89June 4, 2024 7:22 PM

R88, They look to be the same height to me, but Cynthia is wearing high heels.

by Anonymousreply 90June 4, 2024 7:39 PM

[quote] SJP is tiny. The first time I ran into her I was shocked because I thought it was a little girl.

Rude and ableist. Educate yourself and do better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 4, 2024 7:53 PM

I see what you did there, R91!

Good show!

by Anonymousreply 92June 4, 2024 8:08 PM

"I thought she was a little, tiny girl...with a really old, old lady face."

by Anonymousreply 93June 4, 2024 10:07 PM

Magic cigarettes, r93.

God that episode arc was shit.

by Anonymousreply 94June 5, 2024 8:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!