Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Movie stardom, you in danger girl.

"But while the public can't seem to get enough of seeing their favourite pop stars on stadium tours, their favourite actors aren't drawing them to cinemas in the same way."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2024 3:44 PM

What’s a movie, OP? Was that like a thing before like Tik Tok, Snapchat, Netflix and shit?

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2024 6:25 AM

When you buy 28 different variants of Taylor's latest album, you don't have any money left to go to the movies.

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2024 8:01 AM

The movies require these smooth brains to put their phones away. They can’t.

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2024 11:03 AM

I'm sure blaming individuals for a systemic problem will work a treat, r3.

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2024 11:07 AM

Pop stars develop closer relationships with their fans because their songs are about them. So fans feel like they know the pop star. It's a deeper parasocial relationship.

With actors, they're just playing a character and the story isn't about them. So the connection isn't as strong.

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2024 3:02 PM

The problem with pop stars is that they refuse to take small roles, try to capitalize on their pop stardom in big roles, then bomb because they can't act.

Say what you will about WWE people like The Rock, John Cena, and Dave Bautista, they started with small enough roles (in which they bombed as actors) that bombing didn't destroy their chances to be actors.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2024 3:12 PM

Last week after dinner my date asked if I’d like to see a movie. I suggested w just go back to my place and watch Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2024 3:40 PM

She has no talent. I can sing better than her.

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2024 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!