Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite Kevin Spacey Performance

Personal drama aside, he really does have a great body of work. He’s a terrific actor. Which performance is your favorite?

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2024 7:46 AM

Kevin put down the bourbon and go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2024 1:29 AM

That Las Vegas movie, 21.

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2024 1:36 AM

My favorite has always been his Mel Proffitt character from "Wiseguy."

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2024 1:48 AM

"Dianne, thank you for teaching me about caring about the right things, and I love you."

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2024 1:51 AM

Horrible human being but great actor.

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2024 1:51 AM

Maybe this is a little unpopular but I don't get what was so earth shattering about his work in American Beauty. I thought Chris Cooper and Allison Janney were better than Spacey and Bening. I just don't get why they were in such a rush to award him a second time considering he'd just won four years earlier and he was only 40 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2024 1:56 AM

Bbbbut… WHAT ABOUT PAY IT FORWARD????

He went full ugly burn victim!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2024 1:58 AM

R6 Janney spoke like two sentences in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2024 2:10 AM

I like "The Negotiator".

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2024 2:39 AM

Also "Margin Call" was terrific.

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2024 2:44 AM

I always liked him best in The Ref.

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2024 3:08 AM

Working Girl.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2024 3:13 AM

I like a lot of his work. Glengarry Glen Ross - he's SUCH a great asshole (among a lot of assholes) and the way he sticks it to Jack Lemon in the end is just sublime.

Usual Suspects, 21, LA Confidential are other top candidates. And the Ref - where the bickering between him and Judy Davis and her family is pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2024 3:55 AM

House of Cards could have been great, but his accent was hilariously bad.

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2024 4:00 AM

Margin Call

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2024 4:08 AM

God, I totally forgot that one, R15. I LOVE Margin Call. I honestly think nearly every actor - and it's a pretty stacked cast - gives a performance among their career bests - and most of the roles are rather small in terms of screen time (particularly Stanley Tucci, Jeremy Irons, Demi Moore). That is one of Spacey's best roles. Manages to be human as the weathered veteran with the dying dog. His speech getting all the troops on board to torpedo their careers and reputations by selling shit stock is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2024 4:16 AM

I also didn't like American Beauty. It was trying to hard to be meaningful.

I don't remember him in Glengarry Glen Ross, which is a good thing. That movie was just about perfect.

LA Confidential is one of my favorite movies, but IMO, he was not believable as a cop.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2024 6:27 AM

See No Evil, Hear No Evil

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2024 6:44 AM

I recently rewatched Margin Call. He is cast somewhat against type as the moral authority of the film.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2024 7:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!