Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Charlie Hunnam REGRETS bailing on Fifty Shades of Grey

He was originally cast as Christian Grey but bailed due to his tv show schedule, leading Dornan to be cast.

Thank God. He was miscast from day one. I remember people tearing apart his casting when it was announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2024 11:13 PM

Wasn't he in Nicholas Nickleby?

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2024 9:04 PM

[quote] Wasn't he in Nicholas Nickleby?

Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2024 9:18 PM

What does that have to do with this r1?

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2024 9:20 PM

I believe he did the film, The Lost City of Z, instead, which was a much better project than Fifth Shades of Grey, even if it wasn't as successful. It was based on the true story of British explorer Percy Fawcett, who went to Brazil and made several attempts to find an alleged ancient lost city in the Amazon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2024 9:39 PM

R4, Brad Pitt was originally going to star in it but if I recall he aged out of the part. When he was going to be in it it was going to be called The Lost City of “Zee” Zahara Jolie-Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2024 9:44 PM

Charlie has given a few reasons for leaving - personal issues, as well as a commitment to Guillermo Del Toro to do "Crimson Peak".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2024 9:45 PM

Has he been rimmed on camera lately?

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2024 9:52 PM

Coming of SOA, Charlie was supposed to be the next big thing, but that never really materialized. Maybe he thinks now that he'd have a better career if he'd done 50 Shifty Shades, but he's just a limited actor. Now that he's aged out of the pretty boy roles, there's not much left. Jamie Dornan isn't the world greatest actor either, but he's able to do comedy and manages to get cast in small roles that play to his strengths.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2024 9:56 PM

His blonde beard looks like piss. How about he shaves?

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2024 9:56 PM

He seems like he would be great in bed. 😆 😳 I’ve never seen the films but this guy seems like the type to give multiple orgasms. Yes I’ve recently gotten into Sons of Anarchy.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2024 9:59 PM

[quote] but he's just a limited actor

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2024 9:59 PM

[quote] Barbara Thorndyke

He’s limited.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2024 10:00 PM

Why isn't he the new BOND...I've been asking this for ages....

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2024 10:01 PM

He steadily works, but I wonder how he would fare if he did a UK series, or even a mini-series. For people like Hunnam, Ben Barnes and Alex Pettyfer who are jobbing actors who haven't cracked into the stratosphere, I don't get why they don't work more in the UK. Martin Compston and Tony Curran both live in the U.S and work like mad across the pond. Same with David Harewood (though, I'm not sure if he still lives in the U.S). He just needs a Shane Meadows or Jack Thorne project.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2024 10:03 PM

R8: Dornan is actually a good actor. He's been smart with his choices and building a career that crosses genres.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2024 10:04 PM

Yes—thank god. Where would cinema be without the classic Dorian films?

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2024 10:08 PM

Dornan, dammit

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2024 10:08 PM

[quote] Where would cinema be without the classic Dorian films?

Wasn’t that Ben Barnes?

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2024 10:13 PM

R16 are you talking about those?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2024 10:53 PM

R4 that movie FLOPPED. Critically and commercially.

He would have been miscast as Christian, which is why the books fans were outspoken against his casting.

But he’s right, he would be wealthy if he accepted the part.

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2024 11:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!