Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I really miss Glee

And I wish they would bring the show back.

Is it too soon for a re-boot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2024 7:20 PM

I watched the earlier years and then lost interest.

Hard to believe when the cast are close to 50s and acting like they are in high school

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2024 8:26 PM

Fuck you R1

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2024 8:29 PM

Believe it or not, I even miss Lea Michele.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2024 8:35 PM

OP = Lea Michele

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2024 9:03 PM

Watch it R4, or I'll shit in your wig!

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2024 9:11 PM

I liked it a lot. The video on OP’s post is probably my favorite performance.

OP, if you haven’t already seen it, you should check out Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2024 9:28 PM

Damian McGinty was one of the best new additions to the show.

It's too bad he only lasted one season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2024 12:35 AM

And hopefully, if they do a remake, the cast doesn't die one-by-one within a few years.

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2024 2:35 AM

They had some amazing singers, dancers, and performers on Glee. It'd be hard to get that lucky again.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2024 4:09 AM

R7 Hi, Damien. The leprechaun storyline was utter insanity.

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2024 4:26 AM

They should do a musical version on Foreign Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2024 4:34 AM

It was cringe-inducing shit.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2024 4:39 AM

Glee should always have been a limited run series.

The first two seasons should have been condensed into about two 13 episode seasons.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2024 4:39 AM

I loved The Troubletones. The performance starts around 2:16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2024 4:52 AM

Glee was a cursed show. Watch the Netflix documentary about how this show was cursed. So many people died or their lives went berserk from that show. I think it should never come back. If it does Lea Michelle should not be allowed to return. She caused so much pain for many of the people on the show.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2024 4:59 AM

The show wasn't cursed. Now back to our previously scheduled program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2024 5:03 AM

You should be on the cover of Real Simple magazine, r15.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2024 5:04 AM

Absolutely terrible show that helped create the young generation of weirdos we have today. All these blue haired “queer” freaks worship that show.

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2024 5:11 AM

R17 Cry and bitch all you want. Ryan Murphy himself said he wishes he never started Glee and would never do it again. Thank god

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2024 5:14 AM

It had some nice moments, but it's aging terribly and will be forever scarred by the overuse of autotune.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2024 5:17 AM

I’ll reboot it for you, OP!

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2024 5:17 AM

No R18, these freaks started all of this mayhem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2024 5:18 AM

And it was all over when these freaks appeared one Saturday morning. Oh, the humanity!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2024 5:20 AM

[quote] They had some amazing singers, dancers, and performers on Glee. It'd be hard to get that lucky again.

That's why they created "The Glee Project."

They found some really good newbie singers to channel into the show, and it was a weeks long test to see who could sing and act for the long haul.

I actually liked The Glee Project better than the actual show.

It was a lot of fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2024 8:01 AM

I had completely forgotten it was (still) on when Adele's second album came out. It just kept going and going and going...

I dropped it in the middle of the second season, I think. Looking back, it lost its sparkle towards the end of the first season already, as is so typical for Ryan Murphy shows. But my god, what a revelation it was when it first started.

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2024 10:27 AM

I've already been cast in the upcoming reboot.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2024 3:46 PM

Bring back the Aca-fellas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2024 3:48 PM

There's a woman in my neighborhood who looks and sounds exactly like Jane Lynch.

She's a dog walker and frequently knocks on my door offering her services despite my telling her repeatedly I like to walk my own dogs and will let her know if anything changes.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2024 3:54 PM

I had the hots for Cameron Mitchell from the Glee Project.

He probably would have won the competition, if he didn't quit the show.

Ryan Murphy really had the hots for Cameron.

Damien McGinty was going to be eliminated, but he was saved by Cameron dropping out.

Otherwise, I think that Cameron would have been on Glee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2024 10:41 AM

Cameron and Damien were best friends on The Glee Project, and I think they even shared an apartment together after the show ended.

Cameron has such a sexy voice for a nerd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2024 10:43 AM

The high school setting felt more like liberal California (production) than conservative Ohio (setting).

As if the writers appropriated Midwestern culture and 'liberalized' it.

Show choir is mainly popular in the Midwest.

Also, too many POC. The Midwest is around 75% white. Thus, mostly all-white towns/schools/competitors.

by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2024 11:04 AM

[quote]Absolutely terrible show that helped create the young generation of weirdos we have today.

Back in my day, we put the blame on "Fame."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2024 11:11 AM

Candyman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2024 5:20 PM

Rewatching "Glee," my first thought is "I see dead people."

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2024 5:42 PM

Yes. Never. It’s was cute and fun and joyful at first, but then it just got weird. Actors too old, situations too adult and sexualized, it just got too weird for a “high school” show. For me, it was the Rocky Horror episode that killed it. I love Rocky, I love the obscene, and in the grand scheme of things, Rocky is pretty tame—but it’s not kids stuff.

by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2024 7:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!