Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hamtramck Bans Pride Flags on City Property

I'm shocked!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2024 10:01 PM

Let's all support Hamas!

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2024 8:09 PM

The Terrorists get the majority& take over the city council; then pass "No Gay flags on city property"

Then the non-Muslims are shocked by their decision.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2024 8:28 PM

R1 and R2 = wise and sage.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2024 8:30 PM

This is bad for Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2024 8:48 PM

I'm surprised the Guardian is reporting this story.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2024 10:30 PM

I’m very liberal except for religious zealots in politics. We are a secular nation here in America. Elect atheists!

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2024 10:55 PM

Not surprising at all. Nobody wants these people in positions of power except for naive whites who have no understanding of this Medieval religion and how it dictates every decision that is made. There is no separation of church and state, it's impossible with that religion.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2024 11:25 PM

You are clearly a pro Trump right wing asshole, OP.

Don't you know that whatever Muslims do? It must be feted. Celebrated.

Also, this is all Israel's fault.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2024 11:33 PM

They are not allowing any flags except for the American flag.

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2024 11:47 PM

that area will be hell on earth in 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2024 12:17 AM

Is this a constitutional violation of any sort?

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2024 12:22 AM

Sure let's fret over the less than 1% of Americans who are Muslims while evangelical Christians try to ruin this country. That seems like a good use of time and energy.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2024 12:26 AM

Can't we fret about both? It's anti LGBT; why wouldn't we bring it up?

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2024 12:27 AM

R12, you are pretty simple minded, aren't you.

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2024 12:29 AM

Apparently we all are, R14, and we can only wish to soak up your wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2024 12:32 AM

Sweden 10 years ago:

"Sure let's fret over the less than 1% of Swedens who are Muslims....."

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2024 12:33 AM

^ the Swedish

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2024 12:35 AM

R12 spoken with a true right wing mindset.

Instead of admitting there's a problem coming from inside the house and figuring out how to fix that problem, you choose to blame those willing to point that problem out AND you choose to bring up a different problem for no apparent reason whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2024 12:36 AM

This is what voting undeclared gets you.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2024 12:39 AM

Thing is, muslims said this is how they’ll take over. They didn’t lie.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2024 12:40 AM

R14, my apologies for my response at R15. I was R13, and thought your R14 response was directed at me. A stupid mistake.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2024 12:42 AM

LOL. we are the last bastion of hate and are so thankful for even being patted on the head like a dog. These people have never failed to show us who they are - really, aren't we tired of being stepped on?

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2024 1:34 AM

Haha!!

You dipshit rightwingers don't think us gays KNOW how often places with [bold]Christian-Zealots[/bold] running things have done this EXACT SAME THING

You think we're going to be mad at ALL Muslims because the right-wing ones are bigots? Sorry, we're not like you, we don't lump everyone different from us together. That's why we like and accept PLENTY of Christians even tho the rightwing ones want to bash and erase us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2024 8:39 AM

Christians again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2024 8:40 AM

Yep, more Christians

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2024 8:41 AM

Not surprising... "ancient" Christianity cited by the Lawmaker on this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2024 8:44 AM

These Christians link gay acceptance with ISIS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2024 8:45 AM

Here we got the rightwing Christians in Federal office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2024 8:46 AM

And here we got the Christians banning Pride Flags...

And doing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to erase gay people from public acceptance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2024 8:49 AM

Rashida Slob Tlaib hates the gays.

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2024 8:52 AM

But yeah, OP and all you rightwing goons...

It's the Muslims that're gonna get us (sarcasm)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2024 8:54 AM

What they would do to the Queers for Palestine terrorist group?

Rashida Slob hates the gays, but loves Cori Bush.

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2024 8:57 AM

[quote]You dipshit rightwingers don't think us gays KNOW how often places with Christian-Zealots - running things have done this EXACT SAME THING

[quote]You think we're going to be mad at ALL Muslims because the right-wing ones are bigots? Sorry, we're not like you, we don't lump everyone different from us together. That's why we like and accept PLENTY of Christians even tho the rightwing ones want to bash and erase us.

You have to be a certain type of white supremacist to absolve muslims of their deeply conservative anti gay anti women beliefs simply because they are brown.

Let’s give a shout out to all the left wing progressive Muslims who run mosques with female or trans imams where women and men pray together and host lesbian weddings.

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2024 9:00 AM

The article in the OP is from June 2023, so obviously pre-dates the current troubles in Gaza. Though I assume the existing ban there still applies.

But yeah, there are more Christians who want to ban pride flags, so it's not just the Muslims. And many say "well, at least Christians wouldn't throw you off a roof for being gay!" Yet I wouldn't be surprised if some fundies would do that if they thought they could get away with it.

Most religions hate our guts...

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2024 9:09 AM

[quote]You have to be a certain type of white supremacist to absolve muslims of their deeply conservative anti gay anti women beliefs simply because they are brown

Haha! Wow what a leap.

You think Christians can't be Brown, R33?

Here's an FYI: in the US a Brown person is more likely to be Christian than a White person.

So you should know my acceptance of Christians - even tho there's a huge swath that are anit-lgbt - is because, statistically, Christians "are brown." If you're going to try to twist something in your bigoted brain into some weird thing about race... you should try to be more clever.

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2024 9:12 AM

No R35 - a lot of people who think of themselves as liberal and progressive are far more relaxed about the the anti gay anti women views espoused by Muslims because it's somehow racist to challenge them.

The people who are quite happy to call the religious right fundamentalist Christian groups bigots but not Muslims who hold identical beliefs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2024 9:16 AM

I'm gonna need the White folks on the progressive left to stop letting that guilt drive them to go full ostrich mode when it comes to obvious bigotry from a certain demographic. It's not funny anymore.

by Anonymousreply 37May 28, 2024 9:27 AM

R36 I don't think that's true, though. It's possible to condemn Islamophobia AND homophobia.

The fact remains that not all Muslims are homophobic. And, even of those who are, they'd never try to make your life worse. Do I care if a Muslim thinks I'm a sinner, but would never want to make my life worse for being gay? Not really. That's how many Christians think, too.

I work with a couple of Muslims. I assume one is less fundamentalist than the other, as one doesn't wear a headscarf while the other does. They were both born and raised here (I live in the UK) and I know they have no open problem with gay people because they'll regularly inquire about my partner and I - eg on a Monday asking what we did at the weekend. If they weren't keen on my being gay, I think they'd just never ask about my personal life. I appreciate that's just an anecdote, but Islamophobia affects all Muslims, including those who aren't as the right wing would have us believe.

Yes there will always be more fundamentalist religious people, but I honestly think most just want to get on with their lives and aren't that bothered what consenting adults do, even if they don't necessarily 'approve'.

by Anonymousreply 38May 28, 2024 9:35 AM

[quote]Islamophobia

This is not a thing.

by Anonymousreply 39May 28, 2024 9:38 AM

[quote]and I know they have no open problem with gay people because they'll regularly inquire about my partner and I

r38 You better stop doing that shit. There is a hadith. Lying is permitted in Islam if it's for the sake of keeping the peace or during war.

Source: Father was Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 40May 28, 2024 9:40 AM

^ I'm also 39

by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2024 9:41 AM

R38 - how many mosques in the UK allow women to become imams? How many mosques allow men and women to pray together?

From the 2016 article.

[quote]Extensive polling conducted by ICM suggests that in most cases attitudes held by the British Muslim population do not broadly differ from those held by the population at large, but there are significant differences when it comes to some issues such as homosexuality and women’s rights.

52% of Muslims in Britain think gay sex should be criminalised. 47% think gay people should be barred from teaching jobs. 39% think wives should obey their husbands.

There was a recent poll on attitudes towards gay rights. Wales is now the most gay friendly part of the UK and London the most disapproving. LONDON.

There's a video of Deputy Labour Leader Angela Rayner talking to a group of Muslims about Gaza over the weekend. No other women in the room. Remember the photo of Humza Yousaf praying when he became First Minister? No women in the room. Remember the violent assaults on gay men in 2021 that prompted a lot of media coverage? Most of the attackers were British muslims.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2024 9:47 AM

R40 Stop doing what? Answering questions about my weekend? I'm not suggesting for a second that they think Allah loves gay sex. I just think many Muslims born here don't actively want to harm gay people any more than Christians do. So if you asked them direct, they'd say: "My religion doesn't approve of it, but do what you like", as opposed to "I think you should be thrown off a roof for being gay".

Whereas some on the right disingenuously act like most Muslims do want to see the latter happen and would actively campaign for it.

R42 I'm not saying any of those things are right, but how many of those people would actually want to see that happen in reality? If they had full control? I think it's all fine and well being asked a hypothetical question knowing your answer won't change anything.

But I'm not even sure what's being argued here. Is that that Islam should be outlawed? If so, how does that make you any better?

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2024 9:51 AM

[quote]The fact remains that not all Muslims are homophobic. And, even of those who are, they'd never try to make your life worse. Do I care if a Muslim thinks I'm a sinner, but would never want to make my life worse for being gay? Not really. That's how many Christians think, too.

This is one of the most bizarre statements I have ever seen on DL in my 20 years here.

by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2024 9:58 AM

I loathe Muslims and their barbaric religion as much as a Christopher Hitchens. But they got this one right. That new pride flag is garbage and should be allowed nowhere at any time. It should be burned everywhere. The original pride flag was a thing of beauty but it should not be on city property. The only flag should be the American flag.

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2024 10:13 AM

R44 What's bizarre about it? All I'm really saying is that different people have different views. That's life.

Would I prefer it if no one was homophobic? Obviously. But I'm a realist and can accept some people will always disapprove of homosexuality. There's a big difference between not agreeing with homosexuality while not actively trying to make a gay person's life worse, and disageeeing with homosexuality while actively trying to curtail gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2024 10:26 AM

[quote] Sure let's fret over the less than 1% of Americans who are Muslims

1% becomes 2%

2% becomes 4%

4% becomes 8%

8% becomes 16%

etc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2024 10:36 AM

R46 - you're living in a total dreamland. It's the level of alternate reality Janbot lives in.

The vast majority of Muslims and Christians fully support restricting gays in every way possible and many of them work tirelessly to curtail gay rights via political pressure, public campaigns, direct action etc. To claim anything else is just completely unrealistic and blatantly untrue. Evidence is everywhere.

OP's link is a good example of a Muslim community working against gay people because they deeply believe that we are disgusting, diseased degenerates and child groomers and an abomination to god. Exactly - word for word - what the vast majority of Christians believe. The only difference between the two religions is that Muslims kill us for being gay (12 Muslim countries apply the death penalty to homosexual acts) and the Christians would like to but they can't get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2024 10:49 AM

R48 I'd like to see evidence of your "vast majority" claim. I think it's the loud ones who want to restrict gay rights and you're assuming they're the majority because they shout about it.

I think it's silly to ban Pride flags on city property, but no gay person can claim their lives are actively harmed because of it. In Hamtramck, more people fly Pride flags now than before. So it technically backfired!

by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2024 10:57 AM

stop defending Muslims theyre just as bad as Christians and 10x as ugly

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2024 11:11 AM

Fuck these people, population 27k, 2 square miles. Who cares?

Fuck that flag too, it's hideous.

by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2024 11:23 AM

[quote]The vast majority of Muslims and Christians fully support restricting gays in every way possible and many of them work tirelessly to curtail gay rights via political pressure, public campaigns, direct action etc. To claim anything else is just completely unrealistic and blatantly untrue. Evidence is everywhere.

In the UK gay rights are a settled issue for the overwhelming majority of the public. At the moment British Muslims are obsessed with Jews and Zionists but the gays aren't forgotten.

Sex education in schools is an issue mainly because of the trans ideology being pushed onto kids and drag queen story hour stuff. The only threat to gay rights in the UK comes from trans activists who want to abolish sex based protections which would nullify the concept of same sex attraction if so.

by Anonymousreply 52May 28, 2024 11:51 AM

[quote]In the UK gay rights are a settled issue for the overwhelming majority of the public.

Unfortunately, that's not the case in the US.

by Anonymousreply 53May 28, 2024 12:04 PM

Most of Muslims want to make homosexuality a crime. However they are fine with Prophet Mohammed having sex with 9-year old girls.

by Anonymousreply 54May 28, 2024 12:48 PM

Islam is a sick virus and I really hope it’s destroyed before it takes over the US.

by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2024 12:52 PM

Gays who scream, "yeah, well, whattabout those evil fundamentalist Christians" are really ignorant about the islam, the islamic foundational texts, and the ongoing islamic conquest. They are also chosing to live with their heads deep up their ass so they don't have to deal with the truth about the islamic world today or what is happening in the west thanks to islam and muslims. I suspect they simply cannot deal with the very serious implications of it all.

People who don't learn from history are doomed. I choose to learn and act accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 56May 28, 2024 4:59 PM

Islam has been at war with the West for 1600 years. It's never going to change. Western white guilt liberals have no knowledge of history.

by Anonymousreply 57May 28, 2024 5:26 PM

[quote] Western white guilt liberals have no knowledge of history.

Credit where credit is due. That's one thing Hillary gets right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 28, 2024 5:32 PM

I think the profound lack of historical knowledge and the inability to think critically have been done on purpose. When any of these pro-terrorists fools opens their mouth, it's like someone has pulled a string from their back and they spout the same inane party slogans.

by Anonymousreply 59May 28, 2024 5:57 PM

[quote][R48] I'd like to see evidence of your "vast majority" claim. I think it's the loud ones who want to restrict gay rights and you're assuming they're the majority because they shout about it.

r49 I grew up around a lot of Muslims. Every last one of them cannot STAND gay people. When amongst themselves or those who they consider "family" they show their true colors. But don't get it twisted, just because they are smiling in your face and even seem interested in your same-sex partnership, they not only dislike us, but consider our very existence to be haram and deserving of death. They just can't get away with that shit in Western countries and have learned how to adapt.

I think you're confusing practicing Muslims with non-practicing ethnic Arabs. The Westernized non-Muslim Arabs may be supportive or indifferent, but when it comes to practicing Muslims, absolutely zero want anything to do with gays and they all believe we should be put to death. Thankfully, Western nations aren't under Sharia Law, so if they tried anything, they'd be imprisoned.

by Anonymousreply 60May 28, 2024 10:16 PM

Lesbian Michigan AG Dana Nessel should lead a public pride dance parade in Hamtramck like she did at the Cherry Festival in Traverse City last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 28, 2024 10:24 PM

R60 Oh so because you grew up around a lot of Muslims, you know every single one.

by Anonymousreply 62May 28, 2024 10:31 PM

Well, I'm a center leaning democrat but, honestly, what did these idiots expect? The culture is homophobic. There are exceptions and I've met some very kind Muslims but as a whole? No.

by Anonymousreply 63May 28, 2024 10:42 PM

Anybody with half a brain would've seen this coming. You can't trust these motherfuckers, they hate the West and Western culture and are only here for the benefits. Their fucked up religion controls every aspect of their lives. They eat, sleep, breathe and shit Islam 24/7.

Only naive white guilt whites who are terrified of appearing "racist" have no idea what is really going on with these people.

by Anonymousreply 64May 28, 2024 10:46 PM

My uncle worked in the oil and gas industry for 30 years and frequently traveled to the Middle East. He said the whole region should just be bombed into glass.

by Anonymousreply 65May 28, 2024 10:47 PM

A society's worth and level of civilization can be directly ascertained by how it treats its male homosexual population.

by Anonymousreply 66May 28, 2024 10:54 PM

R65, same here. Mine lived in Qatar for awhile. Said the people are horrible to the less fortunate as if they lack human empathy and compassion. They basically enslave foreign workers except for westerners.

by Anonymousreply 67May 28, 2024 11:35 PM

FREE HAMTRAMCK!

by Anonymousreply 68May 28, 2024 11:47 PM

I'm sure Ilan Omar can explain this for is!

by Anonymousreply 69May 28, 2024 11:49 PM

Has Rashida Tlaib commented on this?

by Anonymousreply 70May 29, 2024 1:51 AM

[quote][R60] Oh so because you grew up around a lot of Muslims, [bold]you know every single one.[/bold]

Honestly r62, that might be possible. I grew up right outside of Dearborn.

by Anonymousreply 71May 29, 2024 1:59 AM

R66, then Datalounge is a failed state made up of savage barbarians.

by Anonymousreply 72May 29, 2024 2:11 AM

R69, the average IQ in Somalia is 47.6, seriously. I doubt she can.

by Anonymousreply 73May 29, 2024 2:16 AM

God this is all so depressing.

Endless ignorant fools buying into the pro-Hamas propaganda and screaming genocide and gays for Gaza and queers for Palestine. Meanwhile, Israel is the only country in that entire region with gay rights. Being gay is a death penalty crime in Islam. How many times do we have to keep saying that?

by Anonymousreply 74May 29, 2024 2:33 AM

I agree, R74. It is. Don't give up hope. Keep learning about history and telling the truth. The truth will win. It has to. Read the Stoics.

by Anonymousreply 75May 29, 2024 2:42 AM

Funny how the MAGATs and the Muslims have so much in common.

by Anonymousreply 76May 29, 2024 3:17 AM

From what some people claim the majority of the 18 and under "children" are actually teenage fighters for Hamas. I don't know how much of the is propaganda since both sides are lying so much.

by Anonymousreply 77May 29, 2024 12:28 PM

Are both sides really lying?

I ignore all Hamas supporters and mouthpieces, a fine start.

by Anonymousreply 78May 29, 2024 2:27 PM

[quote] From what some people claim the majority of the 18 and under "children" are actually teenage fighters for Hamas. I don't know how much of the is propaganda since both sides are lying so much.

There are undoubtedly huge numbers of innocent women and children killed in Israel’s response to the October mass slaughter.

But Hamas record all deaths as civilians and many of their gunmen are teenagers and young men so they recorded as children by compliant media.

by Anonymousreply 79May 29, 2024 4:16 PM

[quote] From what some people claim the majority of the 18 and under "children" are actually teenage fighters for Hamas. I don't know how much of the is propaganda since both sides are lying so much.

I have no problem choosing between the two

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 29, 2024 5:43 PM

I know Hamas trains and has underage fighters in their midst. My question is is there any way to know how many 18 and under Palestinian fatalities are civilians and how many are the result of fighting with Hamas?

by Anonymousreply 81May 29, 2024 8:33 PM

Can you be arrested for wearing a pride flag t-shirt on city property?

by Anonymousreply 82May 29, 2024 8:38 PM

Has anyone had any dealings with black Muslims in the US?

by Anonymousreply 83May 30, 2024 4:07 PM

R76 Fairytales and something about women in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 84May 30, 2024 4:08 PM

Black Muslims (Nation of Islam) aren't real Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 85May 30, 2024 4:46 PM

You tell them. I'm not going to tell them.

by Anonymousreply 86May 30, 2024 4:49 PM

"You know where Muslims go, trouble follows!"

by Anonymousreply 87May 30, 2024 6:50 PM

R85 I swear I've tried to figure out about a hundred times exactly what the deal is with Nation of Islam and I still don't think I understand it. How is it different from Sunni and Shia Islam?

by Anonymousreply 88May 30, 2024 7:04 PM

Religion (ALL) was the worst thing humans ever did.

A curse. A total curse.

by Anonymousreply 89May 30, 2024 8:15 PM

The Moors consider Nation of Islam wimp sellouts. Here a Moor gives a quick summery of what the Moors think they are and what everybody else is doing to them.

They're speaking in a library so it helps to use Closed Caption to follow along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 30, 2024 9:34 PM

R90 Reminds me of the video last night I saw that had moorish sovcits in a library.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 31, 2024 12:04 AM

[quote]Has anyone had any dealings with black Muslims in the US?

r83 Yes. My father.

by Anonymousreply 92May 31, 2024 1:04 AM

This is how it starts…fuck Islam.

by Anonymousreply 93May 31, 2024 1:22 AM

[quote]Can you be arrested for wearing a pride flag t-shirt on city property?

I guess they could. But, the city would making themselves liable for lawsuits.

I think some of the officials at the City of Hamtramck and other homophobes around Michigan are annoyed because on a state level Michigan's legislature expanded the Elliott Larsen Civil Rights Act to give civil right protections to LGBT communities. The linked article below details the expansion. There had been attempts for years to expand the ELCRA to the LGBT communities for years, the attempts stalled in the legislature because the Republicans controlled the legislature for many years. When Democrats got control of the state house and state senate in 2023 they were able to get bills passed to expand ELCRA. There are several LGBT people serving as state legislators and that probably has to piss off the homophobes as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 1, 2024 1:57 PM

r93 umm you do know the Christian Right are pretty much in line with this as well right? You know the ones who support Doanld Trump and want MAGA?

by Anonymousreply 95June 2, 2024 2:00 AM

Yes R95 - everyone knows.

You can pretend all you want that Trump is the only threat to gay people but it's both - right wing populists AND Islamic populists

by Anonymousreply 96June 2, 2024 7:47 AM

R95 how long will it take you to get it?

If you hate fundie Christians (and it seems you do - as do I)?

You should also hate fundie Muslims.

It's really that simple.

If you find yourself apologizing for Islam or finding ways to justify its horribleness then you are JUST AS BAD as those who apologize for Christianity or who find ways to justify it's horribleness.

Just because our side has decided to give Islam some weird get out of jail free card on gay rights and women's rights (among other things) doesn't mean we have to just accept it.

by Anonymousreply 97June 2, 2024 9:01 AM

r97 not what I meant. I am well aware that all extremists want us erased, but from a threat perspective, you are talking about one town in Michigan versus the United Fucking States. The Supreme Court, stacked with Christian Nationalists have decided gay people don't have rights and religious freedom is a thing.

by Anonymousreply 98June 2, 2024 4:00 PM

R98 Yea, but our side isn't championing the Christian fundies. We've been mobilizing against them for decades. The Islamic fundies are the Trojan horse.

by Anonymousreply 99June 2, 2024 4:05 PM

R98 agreed. But why are you so casually calling it "one town".

One, I think it's scarier that Muslims have already taken over one town. And taken it over to this degree. How long before it's 20 towns?

Two, we already have to deal with thousands of Christian Fundie towns. But at least we all agree those fundies suck. Now we have to worry about a new threat AND the fact that many on our side seems to side with them?

Fuck. That.

by Anonymousreply 100June 2, 2024 5:42 PM

Ameristan 🥴

by Anonymousreply 101June 2, 2024 6:32 PM

Right, R100. Plus it's "one town" that may have the power to shift an entire presidential election.

by Anonymousreply 102June 2, 2024 6:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 2, 2024 9:52 PM

r102 And it's not even just "one town," actually. Michigan has an incredibly high Muslim population, in general. Dearborn is also home to the largest mosque in the US (Islamic Center of America). And it gets a lot of international traffic during major Islamic holidays. We basically have a mini-Mecca here in Michigan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 3, 2024 8:05 PM

R98 I wish you'd come back and further the conversation.

I really want to understand how one can be so opposed to the Christian nonsense (as I am) but not Islamic nonsense. It has always boggled my mind.

We (the left) have it totally correct on its distrust of organized religion in general...but with the glaring exception of Islam. No one has ever been able to explain it to me.

by Anonymousreply 105June 3, 2024 10:58 PM

r105 They associate Islam with brown poor countries and Christianity with wealthy white countries. Therefore, Islam is more deserving of protection and understanding than Christianity. Ironically, Christians in Muslim-majority countries are heavily persecuted and face extreme violence on a daily basis. The same is not true of Muslims in Christian-majority countries. It just doesn't get as reported on mainstream media because it's an inconvenient truth about Islam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 4, 2024 5:13 AM

Do they approve of asexual flags? After all, sex is sinful. 🖤 🩶 🤍 💜

by Anonymousreply 107June 4, 2024 5:22 AM

R106, a Muslim 6-year-old was stabbed to death by an Islamaphobic right-winger such as yourself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 4, 2024 5:25 AM

Now do all the Christians complaining about Pride displays. Or does it not matter when white Christians do it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 4, 2024 5:27 AM

R108 Get fucked, troll.

by Anonymousreply 110June 4, 2024 5:55 AM

r108

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 4, 2024 6:03 AM

And once again, there is no such thing as "Islamaphobia." Merely good sense. And I say that as someone whose father was Muslim. I had him cremated, anyway. Kindly GFY, r108.

by Anonymousreply 112June 4, 2024 6:13 AM

R112 I think it's fine to say there IS Islamophobia—but that it's mostly warranted.

by Anonymousreply 113June 4, 2024 6:18 AM

R109 we all agree with you that a religion as moronic and stupid and dangerous as Christianity is moronic and stupid and dangerous. We all agree that what that asshole did is shitty and fucking horrible. And he's using his "religion" as a damn shield for his bigotry.

Can you say the same thing about Islam? Since it also moronic and stupid and dangerous?

by Anonymousreply 114June 4, 2024 7:09 AM

This thread is rage farming. Every time it calms down, someone vinos it up to get everyone in a froth. Ignored. 🚫

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 4, 2024 7:27 AM

R115 You are an idiot. You have been posting these idiotic rage baiting nonsense comments for about a week now in numerous threads. If you don't care for the thread and/or the posts by others, then just avoid them. Trying to put a label on everything you don't agree with or that you find that fits your description of rage and demand that it be shut-down is absurd. Just remove yourself from the dialogue.

Or better yet, have you tried prunes?

by Anonymousreply 116June 4, 2024 11:16 AM

Activists are raising money for a lawsuit to challenge the flag ban.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2024 9:42 PM

r100 there is a huge Muslim population in Michigan. It is not a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2024 10:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!