Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Guardian article on weird atheist "pronatalist" couple

They seem like the dollar store version of Elon Musk and Grimes. I suspect they are both autistic.

[quote] Malcolm, 37, answers the door of their 18th-century farmhouse with four-year-old Octavian George, who is thrilled to have a visitor, bringing toy after toy to show me like an overexcited golden retriever. His little brother, two-year-old Torsten Savage, is on his iPad somewhere upstairs. Simone, 36, in an apron that strains across her belly, has her daughter, 16-month-old Titan Invictus, strapped to her back. The imminent arrival of their fourth child, a girl they plan to name Industry Americus Collins, turns out to be only the first in a string of surprises – and one really shocking thing – that I will encounter during my day with the pronatalists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 3, 2024 4:37 AM

[quote]I suspect they are both autistic.

Autism is mentioned many times in the article. She has it and if he does he's not yet aware of it. They say the pronatalist movement is full of people who are "young nerdy, contrarian, autist."

The racism of many pronatalists isn't much dwelled upon since this couple claims not to be motivated by racial concerns. They also mention supporting LGBTQ+ rights and donating some of their leftover embryos a lesbian couple. There's a quote from Sam Altman, who is gay and the sort of tech genius they idolize, about his intention to have a large family.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2024 4:02 PM

They are gross. The woman is running for office as a Republican. I donated to the man running against her

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2024 5:36 PM

Why do you give a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2024 6:00 PM

"My kids are going to be like me, but better."

Boy, is he in for a rude awakening. This is always the attitude of people who end up fucking up their kids tremendously.

Also the fact that they refuse to heat their home full of small children in the winter (while dressing them in identical short-sleeved polo shirts), slap their toddlers in the face for making small mistakes, and keep ipads tied around their necks at all times tells me everything I need to know about these lunatics.

I hate them. I really, really hate them.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2024 1:50 PM

They are child abusers and horrible people raising future psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2024 1:54 PM

I only hope the children are grateful to have such marvelous and forward-thinking parents.

If not...

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2024 1:57 PM

No British journalist ever went poor exploring the weirdos resident in the USA.

Cf. Louis Theroux.

I suspect it’s because the British cherish the idea that the USA is a bizarre place full of kooks. It may help them cope with their wholesale replacement on the world stage by the USA.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2024 2:05 PM

Does this sound a little nebulous and shifty to anyone else?

[QUOTE]Simone and Malcolm work together – in separate rooms – as what Simone describes as “CEOs and non-profit entrepreneurs”: they acquire businesses with investor money that they improve and eventually sell “or turn into a cash cow”, as she puts it, ploughing their earnings into their charitable foundation, which encourages people to reproduce. They plan on having a minimum of seven children.

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2024 2:29 PM

Lol @ her in that Maria from the Sound of Music getup.

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2024 2:59 PM

It's the start of a new cult. In ten years, if they haven't been jailed for killing one of their kids via neglect or "bopping", he'll be another Warren Jeffs.

She'll be another Shelly Miscavage.

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2024 3:20 PM

These people sound insufferably pretentious and "eggheady". Is that a word?

She looks like that psychotic Alice Evans with her red lipstick and huge glasses. Is this a trend?

What's "bopping" R10?

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2024 3:24 PM

R10 Let's hope so. The less I see of her, the better!

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2024 3:33 PM

What the freak dad calls backhanding the kids, R11.

I guess he thinks giving it a cutesie name makes the abuse ok.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2024 3:38 PM

The term "autistic" seems thrown around a lot now. I get the sense it's the new ADHD. Overdiagnosed.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2024 3:48 PM

If it weren't for the abuse, I wouldn't care what these people do. At least they're not fundies nor are they on assistance while pumping out kid after kid.

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2024 3:52 PM

Why is she dressed like Eva Braun on vacation at the Berghof? I can't help but think there's a hidden racism in all this. Musk is a nazi himself.

by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2024 3:52 PM

Problem breeders

by Anonymousreply 17May 29, 2024 4:16 PM

For environmental reasons alone, having more than one child is immoral.

by Anonymousreply 18May 29, 2024 4:23 PM

The kid smacking was vile and is really all you need to know about these two freaks.

On the other hand, when you read that the wife has infertility issues due to years of an eating disorder, can only conceive through ivf, needs a caesarian for every birth and admits happily she's likely to 'bleed out' at some point but still wants a zillion kids, you can't deny they are both truly deranged and the last people that should be populating the planet.

by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2024 4:34 PM

What a pathetic shitshow. Capitalists/natalists/optimists continue to grow increasingly desperate and deranged at a world that doesn't blindly support their habit of gambling with life. It fills me with joy that in 100 years, my genes will be long gone and it'll be these breeders' descendants hacking each other up to become the next quadrillionaire or whatever, while obliviously looping right back around to enslavement.

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2024 4:50 PM

Omg...I just noticed even her hair looks like the idealized German frau with the braids! Aw, hell, no. She's a propaganda poster child for idealized Aryan motherhood.

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2024 4:57 PM

R7 that quote is one of the few accurate statements on the internet. UK journalists and many of its citizens are unable to trust Americans.

by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2024 6:01 PM

^^There is a UK based company that constantly complains about being understaffed and they operate in the UK, Canada and the UK. They refuse to hire Americans and constantly treat them like dirt, call disabled people “cripples” and “drunks” (about a guy with a speech impediment) and refuse all communication to the point that customers get annoyed and stop doing business with them. When Americans speak politely and ask one question the answer is silence, or “leave if you don’t like it”

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2024 6:07 PM

R23 Limey trash. Everyone thinks they're so clever because their accents make them sound a little gay, but they're just as incompetent and terrible as the rest of us.

And their breath? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2024 6:11 PM

I watched their YouTube channel, BasedCamp, where Malcolm and Simone appeared likable and friendly. Their support of the LGBT community is genuine. Sure they are a little weird, but I feel their intentions are in the right place. Most of their beliefs and views are driven by data. They're not dogmatic about their beliefs and are willing to correct them if proven wrong.

I want to have people like them on our side than someone like Judith Butler.

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2024 6:17 PM

[QUOTE]Most of their beliefs and views are driven by data.

Oh... Tell us about their interpretations of the data.

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2024 6:41 PM

[quote]They are gross. The woman is running for office as a Republican.

I agree they're gross but her decision to run as a Republican is somewhat interesting and the journalist could've done more probing. They're so pro-gay they gave embryos to a same-sex couple and her positions on birth control and abortion are completely antithetical to the party's platform.

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2024 6:47 PM

R23 what is this awful company?

by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2024 6:48 PM

People used to have kids for labor and lack of birth control.

My great-grandfather had 20 siblings and they all lived on an island in Ireland and they were all put to work. That was the whole point.

Cause back then, the boys would marry women and the women would move in and join the workforce too.

That’s what modern day people don’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2024 7:21 PM

R27 They're Libertarians, like Elon Musk (and as they correctly claim, much of Silicon Valley)--not fundie Republicans. Libertarians are pro-choice, pro drug legalization, atheist, anti-war, anti-vax, anti-immigration, and don't really give a shit about LGBT issues one way or the other. They want as little government intervention as possible, and that extends to social issues. But most of them ARE racists--the "data-driven" kind. Just like proponents of eugenics were "data-driven" racists.

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2024 1:42 AM

R30 Perfectly put, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2024 2:12 AM

R25, they're racist right-wingers who worked for Peter Thiel 🙄

The only LGBT people they support are the ones dumb enough to be Republicans

by Anonymousreply 32May 30, 2024 2:17 AM

R25 what fucking "data"? The data that says you should copy the behaviour of lions in bringing up your kids? The data that says kids benefit from a good slap across the face?

by Anonymousreply 33May 30, 2024 2:22 AM

Yes, I would bet both nuts and at least one kidney that the lesbian couple they donated their embryos to were rich, white, non-Jewish, and worked in tech or finance.

by Anonymousreply 34May 30, 2024 2:27 AM

Donate to the guy who is running against her:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 30, 2024 2:29 AM

[quote]They want as little government intervention as possible, and that extends to social issues.

Yes, and that's why I would've asked her "Why not run as a Libertarian or Independent?" rather than gawk at the strangeness of their family. And pressed them on the ridiculousness of claiming they're trying to save the country from a Handmaid’s Tale nightmare by aligning with the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 36May 30, 2024 2:34 AM

Can you even imagine how cold it would be in the winter in an 18th century farmhouse in rural Pennsylvania with zero heating? It's not like they don't have the money to heat their home full of toddlers and babies--it's an INTENTIONAL choice. How the fuck have their children not been taken away?

by Anonymousreply 37May 30, 2024 2:35 AM

Those names. Barf.

by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2024 2:38 AM

Lebensborn would be a pretty name for a girl.

by Anonymousreply 39May 30, 2024 2:47 AM

R36 Because no one votes for Libertarian party candidates but other hardcore Libertarians. They're hoping to move the Republican party away from Trump and Christian Conservatism, but they're not going to have much luck. You can pry those people's bibles and MAGA hats out of their cold, dead hands as far as they're concerned.

There are really only a few overlaps between Republicans and Libertarians: NRA membership, anti-vax propaganda, conspiracy theories about the left and Jews, white exceptionalism, and a rabid hatred for social welfare programs and unions.

But the biggest driver behind most Conservatives is Christian fundamentalism, and ain't no way in hell they're going to be won over by avowed pro-choice atheists, no matter what ticket they run on--especially if they're not leading with the other values listed above.

by Anonymousreply 40May 30, 2024 2:58 AM

Why is an pro-choice atheist running as a Republican? Not sure I understood that part

by Anonymousreply 41May 30, 2024 3:00 AM

R41 See the first paragraph of R40.

by Anonymousreply 42May 30, 2024 3:02 AM

Industry Americus Collins? Poor kid. What if she ends up being lazy out of spite? Octavian George sounds ok by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 43May 30, 2024 3:06 AM

The world is full of weirdos. Some of you better make peace with that. There will always be as many people that are for the things you like as there are against the things you like. That's inevitable. So instead of working yourselves up into anger, just let it roll by. Who give an actual fuck about these people? Do y'all hate the Amish too? Live and let live.

by Anonymousreply 44May 30, 2024 3:09 AM

They really are Dollar Store, trying to convince people "of their ways," yet as "unconventional" and ultimately stupid, they will never concede: and their "children," actually harvested zygotes. Which is precisely what their removed and apparently fertilized because "him" though no evidence ever given.

Could cheap ass people solve these matters before involving @ "Family prayer matter" again!!!

by Anonymousreply 45May 30, 2024 3:14 AM

We will judge them from on high, like we do everyone R44.

by Anonymousreply 46May 30, 2024 3:16 AM

R44 The Amish aren't doing interviews with the Guardian proselytizing their values, heading up think-tanks, and running for public office.

These people are preaching the same religion as Elon Musk who very much IS having a major cultural impact on society at large, and that is worthy of critical discourse.

by Anonymousreply 47May 30, 2024 3:16 AM

R44, Amish people aren't running for office and trying to push their views on other

by Anonymousreply 48May 30, 2024 3:18 AM

[quote]They are child abusers and horrible people raising future psychopaths.

Yep, raising school shooters was my first thought.

[quote] I can't help but think there's a hidden racism in all this.

When I saw the kid named "Torsten" I figured they were like those white supremacists who worship Odin. I'm still not convinced I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 49May 30, 2024 3:46 AM

[quote]Torsten has knocked the table with his foot and caused it to teeter, to almost topple, before it rights itself. Immediately – like a reflex – Malcolm hits him in the face. It is not a heavy blow, but it is a slap with the palm of his hand direct to his two-year-old son’s face that’s firm enough for me to hear on my voice recorder when I play it back later. And Malcolm has done it in the middle of a public place, in front of a journalist, who he knows is recording everything. Torsten whimpers. “In a restaurant, you gotta be nice,” Malcolm says. “I love you but you gotta be nice in restaurants. No, Toastie. You’re going to get bopped if you do that.” “Hey. Can you help me with the iPad?” Octavian says, handing it to his father. None of this is remarkable to any of them. Torsten soon stops whimpering. Smacking is not illegal in Pennsylvania. But the way Malcolm has done it – so casually, so openly, and to such a young child – leaves me speechless.

This type of discipline is going to devolve into full blown abuse once they have more kids. Their parenting style is a strange combination of sudden sharp discipline and benign neglect. I can't help but notice they already have the toddlers glued to their iPads. What could go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 50May 30, 2024 3:49 AM

A stupid woman got taken by a bot man who needed someone in his own., his very own visage, but was as a stupid, pliable woman, rhetorically "autistic" and willing to destroy her offspring for his benefit.

She would never have gotten his sexual favor otherwise, as she was considered irretrievably ugly by her "mate" & therefore unwanted, unworthy, etc. Mothers wouldn't even give the time of day.

by Anonymousreply 51May 30, 2024 3:50 AM

[quote]Malcolm tells me about how pronatalism and space travel are intricately linked (“we don’t just want to create a sustainable civilisation here, we want it to expand outwards to the stars”).

This motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 52May 30, 2024 3:52 AM

Please, Barbara...

by Anonymousreply 53May 30, 2024 3:57 AM

Are he and his wife actually fucking? They're both acknowledged "incels" with poor judgment about other humans. They have separate bedrooms and their zygotes have already been created either for their acknowledgment or rejection. Their ultimate recipes for ultimate satisfaction just won't gel once their children defy and mystified them, creating a HUGE deficit in the HHS program on a small town ill-equiped for the NYC family's enormous, community consuming problems.

Nobody knew a little theater kid could kill us all!

by Anonymousreply 54May 30, 2024 4:00 AM

I’ve never met a well balanced person from a big family.

My grandfathers brother had 15 kids. Most of them have mental issues but they are the LOUDEST people on the planet you will ever hear. My family is incredibly loud and I’m accused of having a very loud voice as well.

But you need earplugs around them. Even if you’re talking to them 1 on 1, they still project their voices like Ethel Merman.

They were so deprived of attention and personal space that they have to speak loudly to be heard or exist subconsciously.

They’re lovely people and I adore them but when you’re sitting next to them on the couch and they’re so loud there blowing your hair back, you feel bad for them because I can imagine them as children in that household constantly shouting to be seen and heard and how that must have felt.

by Anonymousreply 55May 30, 2024 4:01 AM

Is Simone still impregnable as she suggests she is necessary for our species? She sounds like an awful dumped and hated woman who decided to be impregnated with up to SEVEN zygotes!!! Yet failed.

Listen to us on our "self loving channel" that doesn't give a fuck. About you, if you didn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 56May 30, 2024 4:16 AM

The husband reminds me of Rusty Yates, the serial killer enabler who got off to have even more children with another hole he got to poke for more in his self love .

by Anonymousreply 57May 30, 2024 4:22 AM

Is it a "stupid" black ppl mix we're supposed to be guffawing about?

by Anonymousreply 58May 30, 2024 4:25 AM

" four-year-old Octavian George, who is thrilled to have a visitor, bringing toy after toy to show me like an overexcited golden retrieve"r= starved for attention

by Anonymousreply 59May 30, 2024 4:32 AM

Amazing, their egotism. Imagine seven childrens' unexplained hormones running rampant over their ignorant parents? Repeatedly. Children's and Family Services need to brace themselves as the youngest run.

by Anonymousreply 60May 30, 2024 4:42 AM

Octavian, Torsten, Titan and Industry.

Those poor children.

by Anonymousreply 61May 30, 2024 4:45 AM

Do they actually fuck? I cannot tell from this article. It sounds like they agreed to externally fertilized zygotes consistent with his and hers genetics. They had to be harvested from her for this, correct?

by Anonymousreply 62May 30, 2024 5:11 AM

From the outside looking in, this experiment seems to be a disaster in the making. There just isn't enough to go around. By the time these children figure out they are deprived? It's too late! The neurosis sets in and it can be fatal.

by Anonymousreply 63May 30, 2024 5:16 AM

Their next child(ren) should be named "Jodienda" or "Jodida" in honor of their parents who mostly don't give a fuck, unless on a theoretical basis of their ungrateful children who will be mercilessly backhanded because they exist.

Little fucking cunts, says Datalounge, right?

by Anonymousreply 64May 30, 2024 5:22 AM

They're a bit odd to say the least, and I dont agree with them on a fair few things, but I'd rather them having lots of kids than fundamentalist Christians - or worse, fundamentalist Islamists. If its them or a Handmaidens Tale scenario, I know what I'd prefer

by Anonymousreply 65May 30, 2024 5:38 AM

I’ll read the article, I promise. But my first thought is “Is she wearing FUCKING LEDERHOSEN???” Like could they be anymore transparent? (Watch how embarrassed I’ll be if it’s like just some ugly dress.)

by Anonymousreply 66May 30, 2024 5:43 AM

Breeder Cosplay

by Anonymousreply 67May 30, 2024 5:46 AM

R66 here again. I guess it IS just an ugly dress. Also, fuck me—they’re basing their philosophy on the Altruist philosophy started by noted altruist [and conman] Sam Bankman-Fried.

Look, I’m the non-trolling autist (not to be confused with the trolling autist) and I do not know a single autist who can handle being around a child who isn’t someone else’s fucking problem. They’re kidding themselves if they think they’re math geniuses (fucking stereotype) for “planning on” having a lot of kids.

by Anonymousreply 68May 30, 2024 5:49 AM

Mrs Looney didn't even want kids until she was dickmatized by Mr Looney

by Anonymousreply 69May 30, 2024 6:03 AM

Dickmatized? Their kids are IVF

by Anonymousreply 70May 30, 2024 7:11 AM

Looks like someone watched The Zone of Interest for lifestyle tips.

by Anonymousreply 71May 30, 2024 7:24 AM

[quote]The term "autistic" seems thrown around a lot now. I get the sense it's the new ADHD. Overdiagnosed.

People want an excuse for not fitting in. Some people are just weird.

by Anonymousreply 72May 30, 2024 7:32 AM

I posted in a tired haze last night and didn't dig deep enough. Thanks for setting me straight. These people are nuts and should be in jail for those names alone. Plus I didn't realize they weren't fucking. That adds an entire new layer of creepiness to me. I know some people in my hometown that are into the "quiverfull" way if thinking. Have a shit ton of kids and make them pray and sing religious music all the time. Guarantee the girls will be sucking off the entire football the very second they get to high school. Maybe the boys too.

There, I feel much better and am starting my day off on the snarky foot.

by Anonymousreply 73May 30, 2024 12:25 PM

[QUOTE]Guarantee the girls will be sucking off the entire football the very second they get to high school. Maybe the boys too.

I think you missed the part about them being home schooled.

by Anonymousreply 74May 30, 2024 12:52 PM

How much do you want to bet they are on public assistance, like many of the FLDS "sister wives?"

That "Waldo" mother is just so goddamn stupid it hurts.

I still would like to know about their business arrangements. As I said at r8, their financials sound like a load of fermented bullshit.

I think this is the author's missing link. I hope he keeps up and looks at this incredibly "sagacious", rural-living couple without enough money to heat their home and perhaps wonder why and or how they competitively engage in our huge capitalistic economy when Broomhilda zooms into a particularly vulnerable stock as Torstie rips his diaper off and played with his shit.... And, yet, a smudged keyboard later - the Waldo mother emerges as yet another one of Elon's troops without specifying her keyboard financial "conquests."

by Anonymousreply 75May 30, 2024 9:15 PM

If that guy isn’t smelling cookies in every photo I saw of him, well, my gaydar is trolling me hard.

by Anonymousreply 76May 30, 2024 9:32 PM

Them naming their YT channel BasedCamp tells you a lot.

These people are too clever by half.

by Anonymousreply 77May 30, 2024 9:40 PM

[quote] Libertarians are anti-immigration,

Not true Some are, and some are not.

by Anonymousreply 78May 30, 2024 10:02 PM

This couple lives in an expensive area.

by Anonymousreply 79May 30, 2024 10:03 PM

one of those freak traumatized lab experiment kids will stab them when they're a teen probably

by Anonymousreply 80May 31, 2024 12:48 AM

R62 they probably have weird sexualities like beating off to furries or anthropomorphized trains and machines or something

by Anonymousreply 81May 31, 2024 12:49 AM

Wouldn't "we wanted a large family" suffice. Pronatalist? I guess since there's an alleged larger point to the all the kids.

by Anonymousreply 82May 31, 2024 1:42 AM

R74 They've got feet, don't they.? They walked over from their house o suck those cocks. Who has time for school ,silly goose?

by Anonymousreply 83May 31, 2024 4:29 AM

R75 I doubt this very much. Like many fellow libertarians, Malcolm comes from a VERY wealthy family, so it's safe to assume he's never lacked for anything (or really worked for anything). Their lifestyle is very much by choice. Don't forget that in their 20's they were able to purchase not only their own beautifully restored colonial farmhouse in a wealthy area but also the one next door--and rent it out free to another family in exchange for occasional childcare.

Also, social welfare of any kind is anathema to Libertarians, as a rule.

by Anonymousreply 84May 31, 2024 5:11 AM

A very wealthy, very fucked up family. The trauma of which he is now inflicting on his own children.

Are these the kind of people that worship Ayn Rand?

by Anonymousreply 85May 31, 2024 5:17 AM

Tomorrow Belongs To Me.

by Anonymousreply 86May 31, 2024 5:38 AM

I turned off this interview after 3 minutes. His dramatic way of speaking is beyond annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 3, 2024 4:23 AM

That is a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 88June 3, 2024 4:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!