Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are so many meth users fat ?

I am surprised to see many fat , obese meth users. I thought they would be skinny

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2024 5:35 AM

You seem mentally challenged and desperate, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2024 1:38 PM

I think it's got to do with Addiction generally. The people I know who use it are addicted to just about everything and food is one of those things. They eat everything around them that s easy to consume and can be consumed impulsively.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2024 3:20 PM

The thinness is usually when they get so far into addiction that they spend all their money on drugs and not food.

Case in point, Toronto's greatest mayor, the late Rob Ford.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2024 3:29 PM

Meth addict 16 years sober here- They get used to being effortlessly thin and not having to try. Also, coming off it usually buying cheap food because addicts couldn’t afford both food and drugs.

It’s the one thing I miss was that I could lose five pounds over a warrior weekend of using and walk into a roomful of hateful fraus at work and TORMENT them. All I had to do was pull the apron strings taut and you could tell I lose even more weight in my silhouette. I did get too thin though.

I also believe chronic use messes with your metabolism and you gain it back differently- many lose all the baby fat collagen in their faces but it comes back in jowls and chins instead, and spills out as muffintop and rotund belly fat instead.

To make matters worse my legs got spindly thin burning muscle as well and it took years to gain muscle back- many in recovery look like a taffy apple.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2024 3:33 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2024 4:31 AM

Once you get meth mouth, how much eating can you actually do?

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2024 5:18 AM

Like any other drug, the body becomes acclimated and tolerant to it. I've known lots of meth users, both from my personal life (in my 20s) and from my professional life (law enforcement and criminal defense). I won't say there are a lot of obese meth users, but I'd say their bodies are pretty average-sized.

Yes, after getting sober, addicts will initially put on weight.

Jail will also make you put on weight (forced detox and regular meals).

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2024 5:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!