Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Memorial Day

It's after midnight in the northeastern US so it's offiical now. My late spouse is buried at a veteran's cemetery - Vietnam vet - and he told me when he was dying not to feel that I need to visit his grave since he won't be there.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2024 5:27 PM

I condole you.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2024 4:13 AM

I mean, he was right. But it's still sad. But we're also all going there eventually, so not that sad, more a fact of life.

I hope you had some nice moments with him while you still could.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2024 4:17 AM

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2024 4:19 AM

Wasn't this the plot of a Valerie Bertinelli and Jameson Parker movie?

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2024 4:53 AM

My dearest friend told me that when she was little, her father had a war buddy over for a visit. They were sitting and talking while her mom kept the kids out of their way. She did end up seeing her father and his friend crying openly while they drank. She had never seen an adult cry before, so she was very upset about it. She looked up his war reords after her father's death and found that he had fought in many of the biggest battles in Europe in WW2 (on the Allies side, to be sure)

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2024 5:19 AM

[quote] She looked up his war reords after her father's death and found that he had fought in many of the biggest battles in Europe in WW2 (on the Allies side, to be sure)

This would have been a more interesting story had he fought on the Axis side.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2024 5:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!