Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kohler is trying to bring back Avocado toilets and bathtubs

I've seen this commercial now twice, and it features a green/avocado colored toilet and bathtub.

Would you buy a green toilet or tub?

by Anonymousreply 63May 28, 2024 2:15 PM

Not me. But, my mom probably would. She has horrible tastes.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2024 12:27 AM

Actually, my trailer is so old (1972) it has avocado sinks in the bathroom and kitchen, just like we had at home when I was growing up in our brand new house (built in 1968).

They make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2024 12:29 AM

Honestly, I don't hate them. And wouldn't mind an avocado colored fridge and stove.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2024 12:31 AM

Alice and Carol Brady will be so happy.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2024 12:58 AM

I like avocado for tubs and basins, but not for walls, countertops, carpeting, and the myriad of other things that were avocado green in 70s. Moderation is the key.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2024 1:31 AM

No, I don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2024 1:44 AM

I never thought of it "back then" but it looks almost military now. We had blue or pink bathroom fixtures.

In the kitchen we had "copper tone" appliances along with a wagon wheel & lantern monstrosity over the breakfast table.

In my own first condo in the 80s the appliances were almond.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2024 1:52 AM

Copper and Avocado is acceptable. Stainless steel is ridiculous, as is sterile white.

It's time for kitchen appliance change!

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2024 1:55 AM

What about amaretto or earwax gold?

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2024 2:36 AM

Anything aside from orange.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2024 2:37 AM

Almond was actually a palate cleanser after the harvest gold / avocado / BROWN era.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2024 3:20 AM

good description r11

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2024 3:22 AM

Show your (new) work

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2024 3:25 AM

Is this your avocado era? 🥑 🚽

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2024 3:35 AM

Probably wouldnt buy avocado myself as it isnt the era or look I want, but I'm really glad somebody is bringing it back for those that do. More choice is good

I want this look, with a matching tank right up high by the ceiling with a brass pipe down to the toilet and a brass chain to operate the tank complete with an ornate porcelain handle to complete the look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2024 5:19 AM

Green is all over HGTV shows.

Which means it’s over. It’s the new frau gray.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2024 5:29 AM

The burnt orange, harvest yellow, baby blue or baby pink are okay. I'm more partial to bright red, mauve and purple color options that debuted a decade later in the mid to late 80's.

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2024 7:57 AM

I'm not a fan of avocado green, but there needs to be more color in design in general. I'm so over black/white/gray.

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2024 9:41 AM

They’re trying to bring color back because the marketing psychologists made them realize that women will buy anything if they think it’s out of style. So make green popular for a few years then move to blue, all new appliances are needed. You don’t have as much turn over with black, white and stainless as the only options.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2024 11:52 AM

[quote]women will buy anything if they think it’s out of style

Not only are you wrong, you phrased this incorrectly.

Most gay men know absolutely nothing about women -- they only [italic]think[/italic] they do.

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2024 12:08 PM

They need to investigate the most common toilet ring scale color, and make a toilet that color.

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2024 12:18 PM

R20 you’re right I meant: women will buy anything new if they think what they have currently is out of style

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2024 12:21 PM

I had a remodel once and the contractor appeared wistful while removing the Harvest Gold.

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2024 2:10 PM

R22, again, not true. How many women do you think have the money to go out and buy new appliances every year or two? For the most part, women use an appliance until it doesn't work anymore. My own mother had her washer fixed over and over and over again until she moved into assisted living. And yes, it was avocado green (came with the house).

I would guess that the women to whom you are referring - women who change their appliances as often as they change their underwear - have so much money they barely use their own appliances; that's what the maid/housekeeper/nanny is for.

But go ahead, try to convince DL you know all there is to know about women.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2024 2:31 PM

R24 just because you grew up impoverished doesn’t mean everyone else did. It seems by the way you type that there is only the extremes of a trailer or a mansion in your head. You sound nuts and like you have a tiny world view.

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2024 3:12 PM

R24 is femlibnazifag who can’t take a joke

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2024 3:12 PM

Bring on the 70s colors. I am bored of stainless steel appliances. Who dreams of industrial kitchens anyway? The fraus were fooled by marketing.

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2024 3:31 PM

R27 color appliances are coming back

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2024 3:39 PM

[quote] I've seen this commercial now twice, and it features a green/avocado colored toilet and bathtub.

Jesus Christ! 28 replies in and not one of your stylistic retarts has noticed Missing Link OP’s missing link? Where is this godawful commercial?!?

DIAGF! All of you!

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2024 4:23 PM

OK, R25 -- I'll take the bait.

Prove to me that there are middle-class women who change their appliances whenever a color goes out of style. Keep in mind I used to work in market research as a statistician, so you'll need to show me the data.

I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2024 4:44 PM

I don't give a Fuck what trending or in style: I have my own unique style and I don't get give a shit what anyone else thinks.

by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2024 4:45 PM

Avocado is a terrible color for a toilet, but forest green would be hot hot hot

by Anonymousreply 32May 27, 2024 4:47 PM

Stainless please, others are just trashy and gay.

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2024 4:48 PM

R30 well, we basically had the same three options for the last four decades, so there’s not a lot of examples. But white went out of style for quite a while after the 90s, and everyone abandoned it, then went to black, then that went out of style and everyone went to stainless steel, now stainless steel is going out of style and we’re coming back to white. The idea of personalized ones is also emerging where you have glass plates that are interchangeable so you can change the color of your fridge as you see fit, see the new Samsung fridges, for example.

These are my personal observations, and unless you know of a grant that I can get to do an actual study, then I don’t have any actual studies to provide you. You sound tiring, since when on this fucking website do we have to provide a scientific study to back up our opinions, it’s my opinion. If you have a different one, good for you.

by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2024 4:50 PM

Women are so stupid! Why do we even have them??

by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2024 4:52 PM

These Instagram girls want to change everything and have everything customizable and personalized, and they want to change things like they change outfits, so this example of a Samsung fridge with interchangeable glass that you can change the color on is probably what you’ll see more of

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2024 4:52 PM

As long as they don't make covers for toilet seats and lids, wrap around toilet rugs and wall to wall carpeting for bathrooms popular again it's all good. As a germaphobe that shit (no pun intended) gives me nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2024 7:10 PM

R37 *frilly lacey fringey covers

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2024 7:11 PM

No. Any shade of green for decor is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2024 7:25 PM

R39 Even Emerald?

by Anonymousreply 40May 27, 2024 7:41 PM

R20 = incredibly wise 👍

by Anonymousreply 41May 27, 2024 7:44 PM

[quote] Avocado is a terrible color for a toilet, but forest green would be hot hot hot

Not as hot as the angry ochre shitstorm I’m about to unleash!

by Anonymousreply 42May 27, 2024 7:55 PM

If your toilet is making you feel warm and fuzzy, R2, I’d suggest disinfecting it.

by Anonymousreply 43May 27, 2024 7:57 PM

OP, I’d love to see that ad. Please send a YouTube showing avocado bath appliances.

by Anonymousreply 44May 27, 2024 7:58 PM

We had a pink fridge.

by Anonymousreply 45May 27, 2024 8:05 PM

We had white appliances in the kitchen and cafe-au-lait-colored bathroom fixtures - but we had wall to wall carpet in the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 46May 27, 2024 10:35 PM

Here, you lazy bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2024 10:37 PM

Eventually colors were going to come around again.

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2024 12:33 AM

R48 I want everything GRAY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2024 12:39 AM

I have a friend whose 34 year old daughter is very into the monochrome look...there is very little color in her home, or on her 1 year old child either.

It's weird when people insist upon things such as this. And she was not raised in a colorless, bland home, either.

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2024 12:44 AM

R50 “she was not raised in a colorless, bland home, either.”

That’s why they’re not into color, it’s a rebellion. They’re trying to separate themselves from their parents and be cool. I at least appreciate the hippie ones into the MCM thing, even if they fuck it up often, because at least it has personality and color vs. the basic Instagram girls.

by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2024 12:50 AM

[quote]I don't give a Fuck what trending or in style: I have my own unique style and I don't get give a shit what anyone else thinks.

R31 yup, way to go, I ran outta fucks to give decades ago

R36 if there is a possibility that fridge could have patterns loaded onto the interchangeable glass panels that could work for me, something like the one linked would be awesome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 28, 2024 5:31 AM

I wouldn't mind having a refrigerator like the one at R36. I would consider a non-white color. Maybe a light blue.

by Anonymousreply 53May 28, 2024 5:48 AM

The only thing green about my toilet is what I leave in it after a couple of bad days at the Chinese buffet.

by Anonymousreply 54May 28, 2024 6:27 AM

Oh Chrissy! Trust me sweetheart. Do not look. Shut the lid and FLUSH. Never look. LOL! No one needs to see their own second-hand lasagna.

by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2024 6:34 AM

My parents had our house designed and built in 1972 and the kitchen was bright yellow, white, and green - I think the cabinets were white? Definitely bright yellow tile. The breakfast room had wallpaper with herbs or plants/flowers all over it and bright yellow chairs. It was very cheerful and nothing like the harvest gold +avocado+burnt orange vibe.

by Anonymousreply 56May 28, 2024 6:47 AM

I would absolutely LOVE a mint green/jadeite bathroom suite. Pink, blue or yellow also acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 57May 28, 2024 6:58 AM

It’s not easy being green.

by Anonymousreply 58May 28, 2024 7:52 AM

Yes we need colors! Finally . I'm so sick of the "urban" look. Now maybe cars too will be in different colors again soon.

by Anonymousreply 59May 28, 2024 11:13 AM

Green toilets are OK if the green isn’t too dark. Black toilets and tubs were a statement in some 80s bathrooms, but black makes it nearly impossible to examine your stools.

by Anonymousreply 60May 28, 2024 11:21 AM

[quote] Kohler is trying to bring back Avocado toilets and bathtubs

First toast, and now this?! Wouldn't the water dissolve them? Not to mention the rot after a few days.

by Anonymousreply 61May 28, 2024 11:37 AM

We moved to a new build house in the UK in 1984 and the colour schemes needed to be selected.

My parents picked avocado for the downstairs toilet, a deep blue for the large bathroom (a walk in shower instead of the planned bidet) and gold for the big bedroom en suite.

Some of the houses in the same block had red suites, there was one pale pink and one lemon yellow.

Thank god for white.

by Anonymousreply 62May 28, 2024 12:03 PM

Maybe there is more choice in the US, but in Australia the only bathroom tiles you've been able to get for at least a decade are in shades of grey or beige, and the bathroom furniture is all white. The only alternative is to go to a store for antique bathroom stuff, but that's not realistic if you're renovating a modern apartment. It's so boring and depressing. Who wants a brooding bathroom?

I don't have a big preference for avocado toilets, but at this point I'd welcome almost any colour that had no grey in it.

by Anonymousreply 63May 28, 2024 2:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!