Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

$15.46 for a regular Whopper, Door Dash pricing is out of hand

If you add cheese that's another $1.70, they even charge 25 cents to add mustard

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2024 1:34 AM

No I didn't order it

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2024 9:32 PM

We don’t care

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2024 9:34 PM

I don't even have a Burger King near me any more

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2024 9:51 PM

you'd be a fool to pay that.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2024 9:53 PM

If I'm having food delivered, it certainly isn't going to be Burger King.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2024 9:58 PM

If you can afford luxury pricing for pedestrian fast food, god bless your fat ass and quitcherbitchin.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2024 10:00 PM

My problem with delivery is they usually forget the sauces. One time I ordered a French Dip and they didn't give me au jus. Without that it's not the same.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2024 10:01 PM

all of these companies could be profitable without the exorbitant fees. i don't know how much they make off of data, i'm not aware of them being heavily involved in supplying data/analysis to the restaurant and grocery industry. they're underutilizing the opportunity to sell ad space on the apps, which could cut costs. they overinvest in r and d for autonomous driving and drone tech and executive compensation is outlandish. their infrastructure could probably be easily modified to run as a PoS system but they don't sell one to restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2024 11:17 PM

They're nowhere near that price in my neighborhood not that it matters cuz I'm going to make my own burgers tonight but right now I'm waiting for these edible mushrooms I bought online to kick in.

They're supposed to be some kind of other kind of mushroom that isn't stylus sibin or whatever so we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2024 11:54 PM

You sound grossly obese OP. And lazy.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2024 12:15 AM

OP, i drive the 5 miles to BK and buy a Value bacon cheeseburger for $3whatever and a diet coke.

I'm not paying fucking 15 bucks (really 20, with tip) for goddamn fast food.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2024 12:28 AM

I always get my lunachables delivered.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2024 12:29 AM

Shitty food. And delivery is just lazy. Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2024 1:12 AM

[quote] all of these companies could be profitable without the exorbitant fees.

Is it even exorbitant, though?

If a Whopper costs $8.00, that's $7.46 ($15.46) to split between the company and the driver / delivery person.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2024 1:17 AM

[quote] My problem with delivery is they usually forget the sauces. One time I ordered a French Dip and they didn't give me au jus. Without that it's not the same.

The whole point of that sandwich is the dipping sauce.

When I used to eat more fast foods and takeout foods, I made it a point to have a stock of all of those sauces (not au jus), e.g., ketchup, mustards, etc. Because I knew I might get the sauce in the package.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2024 1:18 AM

You sound grossly obese too R15.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2024 1:28 AM

They're charging $1.70 for a slice of cheese?

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2024 1:31 AM

so r9? Anything to report on those 'shrooms?

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2024 1:33 AM

R18 feeling pretty relaxed but no noticeable high or anything.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2024 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!