Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harrison Butker reaffirms what he said in his Benedictine College commencement speech

Butker is on the board of the Regina Caeli Academy in Nashville, he spoke at their annual Courage Under Fire Gala on Friday night (5/24/2024). Rick Santorum, Matt Walsh, and Candace Owens were also in attendance.

[quote]“If it wasn’t clear that the timeless Catholic values are hated by many, it is now,”

[…]

[quote]“Over the past few days, my beliefs, or what people think I believe, have been the focus of countless discussions around the globe,”

[quote]“At the outset, many people expressed a shocking level of hate. But as the days went on, even those who disagreed with my viewpoints shared their support for my freedom of religion,”

[quote]Butker reaffirmed his commitment to his Catholic faith, saying, “Our love for Jesus and thus our desire to speak out should never be outweighed by the longing of our fallen nature to be loved by the world.”

[quote]During his speech, Butker referred to Saint Daniel, the biblical prophet who was thrown into a lion’s den for committing to prayer to God, despite a law that condemned worshipers to death.

[quote]”I can’t help but tremble at the thought of the courage many saints have shown in their lives,” Butker said.

[quote]Daniel was spared by God due to his commitment to faith, according to the Old Testament.

[quote]“Would I be so bold if the repercussion was what Daniel faced in being fed to lions? In reality, any courage I’ve shown will lead to some small suffering. And it will lead to some people maybe never liking me, but that could be God’s will,”

*Butker has previously mentioned his desire to be a saint.

I don’t begrudge anyone their right to freedom of speech, but Butker’s words echo Project 2025. His holding company, MDKeller, is associated with the Heritage Foundation, the Federalist Society, the Alliance Defending Freedom, the Leonine Forum, and the Claremont Institute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 14, 2024 12:57 PM

[quote]I want people around me that are going to push me to be a saint to be better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2024 9:22 PM

There's no doubt Butker has become DL's new "Golden Boy" and "Poster child".

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2024 9:23 PM

"Saint Buttfucker"... Has a nice ring to it 😂

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2024 9:25 PM

Low-functioning human being turning to religious fairy tales (the bible) to make all his 'difficult' decisions for him so he doesn't have to bother educating himself on any 'difficult' issues.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2024 9:30 PM

Butker's agent, partner, and best friend Austin Wright, previously known as Austin Quick, talked about their dedication to dressing well.

[quote]Besides the real estate and everything else we have going on, we are excited about one of our new companies that we co-founded called Shepherds. One of the things that we talk a lot about is being a gentleman. Part of being a man and being a good man is dressing the part. So, we wanted to put our money where our mouth is to create a company that really edifies.

[quote]I have seen in my own life that I’m a better person when I’m dressed better. Our society has become so casual in our dress, and it has led to us being casual in our actions. We need to grow. It’s not about returning to old ways; it’s about taking the best of old ways and making them modern, making them relevant to men today.

[quote]Today when men go buy a suit, it doesn’t fit great. They cost a lot of money; the service isn’t exceptional. The companies themselves are woke and you can’t go to a store without seeing things that you don’t want to see on the walls. But with Shepherds, we’re not here to push an agenda, except for excellence. We will work with anybody who wants to invest in themselves and their future and show off the fact that they want to be a better man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2024 9:31 PM

Well those funhouse teeth will never decay so built on relics of a saint

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2024 9:32 PM

Last week, the menswear guy made a Butker thread:

[quote]People keep asking me to comment on Harrison Butker's clothes, as he seems to be a clotheshorse. Some note that his clothes look "off." In almost every instance, it's because his clothes are too small. I will demonstrate. 🧵

[…]

[quote]When you shrink a tailored outfit, you narrow the shoulders, shorten the jacket, raise the buttoning point, reduce the waist suppression, and emphasize the hips by heavily tapering the trousers. You end up looking like a bell.

[…]

[quote]Harrison's outfits would be improved if he stuck to more traditional cuts and conservative fabrics. If he wants to venture further, he should choose a skilled tailor with good taste and not open his mouth. The less he inserts himself in the process, the better.

Full thread on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2024 9:33 PM

Link to Twitter thread mentioned at R7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2024 9:33 PM

"Regina Caeli Academy in Nashville"

Catholic my ass, these people are as fascist as any Nazi organization, look who was there to support Buttfucker

Candace Owens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2024 10:32 PM

And everyone's favorite pedo-promoting fascist, Matt Walsh

Buttlicker is a Fascist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2024 10:34 PM

What would Harrison be the saint of? Fab suits and buttfucking?

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2024 10:36 PM

Are there any shirtless pics of Buttfucker? I’d like to see that at least before I make a full judgment, but weirdly there seem to be no photos—not even him in swimming trunks.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2024 10:45 PM

I know a lot of DLers disagree, but I think he is stupid hot. Gorgeous. The fact that he’s also clearly a repressed closetcase means he probably fucks like a damn animal. I bet the sex is hot as fuck. Unfortunately, his personality is loathsome and he is obviously extremely vain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2024 10:53 PM

@r12 "—not even him in swimming trunks. "

Yeah, Buttfucker has a little problem with water...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2024 10:59 PM

Does he have vitiligo? See right arm at R13.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2024 11:07 PM

Why they always cosplaying as Nazis, gangsters, and pentocostal sister wives? Why's Candace showing her belly? Aren't anorexics supposed to cover up? Her friend too.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2024 11:08 PM

He’s so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2024 11:12 PM

"If I act like I hate the gays then nobody will suspect ME of being gay"----------->How a closet case thinks.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2024 11:14 PM

I would love to eat his ass

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2024 11:18 PM

@r17 "He’s so fucking hot. "

@r19 "I would love to eat his ass "

Yeah, we see you... 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2024 11:22 PM

Eddie Vedder trashed this douchebag at a Pearl Jam show Saturday. Called him a “fucking pussy”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2024 11:27 PM

R20 it is possible to appreciate physical beauty without endorsing one’s personality

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2024 11:29 PM

^ He's not all that plus he's a Nazi... Do better 🤨

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2024 11:33 PM

R23 the second someone tells me to “do better” I instantly become a Nazi sympathizer

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2024 11:53 PM

Hey, Harrison, just like Trebek eh?

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2024 12:24 AM

@r24, Your Bar mitzvah speech must have been memorable... "Today I am a Nazi sympathizer"

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2024 1:31 AM

Catholics and Nazis have had an "interesting" relationship going way back. Pretty sure the Regina Caeli Academy is well aware of that 😏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2024 3:35 AM

You histrionic bitches need to chill. He is objectively hot by general standards. He is still a scum bag and a hypocrite, but yes—he’s hot.

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2024 4:37 AM

He is DL's new No.1 enemy and we will keep vigil until we witness his inevitable downfall.

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2024 4:43 AM

How many male butts do we surmise Harrison has fucked?

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2024 5:54 AM

He’s beyond hot . . . He’s exquisite.

by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2024 5:58 AM

I would commit a misdemeanor for the pleasure of eating his blond hole.

by Anonymousreply 32May 27, 2024 5:59 AM

Looks like the Nazi fanboys have arrived 🙄

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2024 7:28 AM

A social media employee tweeted out the town that Butker lives in, attempting to make fun of him for not living in Kansas City proper.

"We apologies for our previous tweet. It was shared in error," Kansas City wrote.

Kansas City has since confirmed that the employee who tweeted out the message is no longer employed by the city.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2024 8:57 AM

he has his supporters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2024 9:08 AM

This is working out well for him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2024 9:11 AM

@r34, I hope that employee sues. Where Buttlicker lives has been published before

"While the life of any NFL player is here today, gone tomorrow, kickers seem to be the most fungible. A couple of bad games, a crucial missed field goal, and a botched extra point are all it takes for a team to sever ties.

Which is what makes Butker’s six-year career with the Chiefs relatively refreshing. And because he’s been dependable, Butker’s felt comfortable enough to put down roots in the Kansas City area. In September 2019, the man with the premium toe and camera-ready looks closed on a six-bedroom home in Lee’s Summit that had been on the market for $550,000.

Located on a cul-de-sac, the 5,600-square-foot residence includes a three-season porch, a primary bathroom with a heated floor, and a walk-out lower level complete with a second kitchen."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2024 9:11 AM

@r35, and r36, Yeah, we get it, you're a pro-Nazi Trumper. You posted this same shit yesterday. Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2024 9:14 AM

Here's a picture of his house as published in the Midland Daily News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2024 9:23 AM

[Quote] You posted this same shit yesterday

R38 you post the same shit everyday

by Anonymousreply 40May 27, 2024 9:34 AM

[Quote] Your Bar mitzvah speech must have been memorable... "Today I am a Nazi sympathizer"

[Quote] Catholics and Nazis have had an "interesting" relationship going way back. Pretty sure the Regina Caeli Academy is well aware of that 😏

[Quote Looks like the Nazi fanboys have arrived

Sounds hauntingly familiar

by Anonymousreply 41May 27, 2024 9:44 AM

^ Aw, are your little Nazi feels all hurt 😂

by Anonymousreply 42May 27, 2024 9:44 AM

He’s so distasteful looking. His mouth looks cartoonish. It genuinely gives me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 43May 27, 2024 9:47 AM

The more I learn about him the creepier he gets. Know what's particularly interesting? In all this controversy no one from Buttfuckers family has come forward in his defense. I guess they already knew 😏

by Anonymousreply 44May 27, 2024 9:52 AM

[Quote] He's not all that plus he's a Nazi... Do better 🤨

[Quote]Why they always cosplaying as Nazis, gangsters, and pentocostal sister wives?

INCELs seem obsessed with the word NAZI

by Anonymousreply 45May 27, 2024 9:53 AM

[Quote]He is DL's new No.1 enemy and we will keep vigil until we witness his inevitable downfall.

that's going to be a hell of a long vigil

by Anonymousreply 46May 27, 2024 9:55 AM

^ 😂 Not as obsessed as you are with me. Why are you stalking me? I'm not going to fuck you no matter how much you beg

by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2024 9:56 AM

^ For r45

by Anonymousreply 48May 27, 2024 9:57 AM

(^.^) since a third of the posts on this thread are yours just admit your obsessed with Butker

by Anonymousreply 49May 27, 2024 10:04 AM

I wish he wouldn't try to turn it into an anti Catholic thing. It's not that. No one cares if you want to go to mass every week or pray to God, or whatever else. It's the preaching people don't like.

My mum is a practicing Catholic and I take her to church every week. She has a strong faith, but also has no problem with me being gay, as she says God loves everyone. She manages to never speak about her faith outside Church and doesn't spontaneously combust from not spewing religious rhetoric. Most of her friends are atheist and she doesn't give a fuck.

So why can my mother - who's in her 70s - have her beliefs while respecting other people's while this cunt struggles with it?

by Anonymousreply 50May 27, 2024 10:15 AM

He is such an asshole...

"One of the most pugnacious parts of Butker’s speech was his characterization of LGBTQ+ Pride Month as a celebration of “deadly sins.” His comments were made with the intention of harming those who use Pride Month as a time to gather and honor their history while also advocating for equal rights. His choice to label consensual love as “deadly sins” broadcasts a narrative of exclusion against a group that is already marginalized."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 27, 2024 10:16 AM

It's kinda funny he's talking about the deadly sins with such arrogance, wallowing in ego and providing ample evidence of his astounding lack or humility. What's the deadliest sin called, Harrison? ^ I gave a couple of strong hints.

by Anonymousreply 52May 27, 2024 10:22 AM

@r50, Because that's the way normal people behave. Live and let live. People on the far right like Buttlicker think it's their duty to instruct the world on the order of things according to them. They use the excuse of divine superiority to oppress and marginalize people who don't think like they do

As it turns out these people often have a lot of skeletons in their closet and are often exposed for who they really are

by Anonymousreply 53May 27, 2024 10:25 AM

@r52, " What's the deadliest sin called, Harrison?"

Wearing white after Labor Day? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 54May 27, 2024 10:27 AM

He's the Catholic version of this hateful duo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 27, 2024 10:42 AM

He's too stupid to realise he's a massive hypocrite. He's happy to be sexist and homophobic, while using his religion as a shield, but then he complains about people being anti-religious towards him.

People are pushing back against things he's CHOSEN to say, yet he's innocent and everyone else is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 56May 27, 2024 11:34 AM

Even the nuns said his speech isn’t reflective of Catholic beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2024 1:10 PM

He’s insufferable but I’d gladly let him take out that repressed rage on my ass and be his cumdump for a weekend.

by Anonymousreply 58May 27, 2024 3:55 PM

Who wouldn’t, R58?

by Anonymousreply 59May 27, 2024 4:06 PM

^ Me and anyone else with a little self-respect 🤨

by Anonymousreply 60May 27, 2024 4:18 PM

STOP MAKING THIS ASSHOLE A CELEBRITY!

by Anonymousreply 61May 27, 2024 4:26 PM

Too late R61

by Anonymousreply 62May 27, 2024 4:35 PM

[Quote] Even the nuns said his speech isn’t reflective of Catholic beliefs.

Have any repressed priests issued a statement? or are they too busy jerking off to Harrison's photos?

by Anonymousreply 63May 27, 2024 4:37 PM

[quote] She manages to never speak about her faith outside Church

Aren’t Christians meant to SHARE the Good News and not keep it to themselves? Something about a lamp under a bushel basket…

by Anonymousreply 64May 27, 2024 4:39 PM

^ No, religion is a private mater and should be kept to yourself

"The faith which you have [that gives you freedom of choice], have as your own conviction before God [just keep it between yourself and God, seeking His will]. Happy is he who has no reason to condemn himself for what he approves." - Romans 14:22

by Anonymousreply 65May 27, 2024 4:47 PM

He'd have made a great cellmate err I mean teammate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 27, 2024 4:51 PM

from now on I shall refer to him as "tfuc"

by Anonymousreply 67May 27, 2024 8:33 PM

R64 Probably, but she's always taken the 'good' aspects of religion (as she sees them) and ignored the less good ones. Which I actually think most religious people do; it's just that the fundies have the loudest voice.

by Anonymousreply 68May 28, 2024 8:56 AM

[quote]I’m sorry, what was that? He can still go to the White House and be on his football team, and all that’s really happened is some people roasted him on TikTok?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 28, 2024 6:30 PM

Where is Thomas Cromwell when you need him?

by Anonymousreply 70May 28, 2024 6:32 PM

@r69, That was one of the best Jon Stewarts this season

by Anonymousreply 71May 28, 2024 6:59 PM

This guy has such a punchable face. Smug and weasel-like. Everything time it shows up on my feed I recoil slightly.

by Anonymousreply 72May 28, 2024 7:27 PM

^ His arrogance is astounding. He's a 28 year old football kicker who thinks he's some world-class scholar. God, what a douchenozzle

by Anonymousreply 73May 28, 2024 7:31 PM

R73 I think most professional sports men are like that. It's the same here for Premier League footballers. They're universally adored by fans and receive massive salaries, so they start believing in their own hype and become massively arrogant.

And when you're that wealthy and famous, you're surrounded by 'yes' men who'll just agree with you at every turn.

I'm not making excuses for him (he's still a prize dickhead) but it at least explains why they get like that.

by Anonymousreply 74May 28, 2024 7:56 PM

“It means ladies, get me a sandwich, and guys find yourself a lady to make you one!”

by Anonymousreply 75May 28, 2024 8:01 PM

i'm totally not gay though

by Anonymousreply 76May 28, 2024 8:10 PM

@r74, I totally agree, politicians, movie/music stars and athletes all seem to love the smell of their own farts 🤮

by Anonymousreply 77May 28, 2024 8:13 PM

[quote]I think most professional sports men are like that.

[quote]I totally agree, politicians, movie/music stars and athletes all seem to love the smell of their own farts 🤮

R73 is right, his arrogance is astounding. I would agree with R74 & R77 if he hadn't announced his aspirations of sainthood. I don't know of any other athlete, politician, actor, or music artist comparing themselves to a saint as Butker did last Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 78May 29, 2024 12:06 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 29, 2024 12:06 AM

His arrogance blinds him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 29, 2024 12:09 AM

I’m crazy about him.

I’ll bet his hole tastes like butterscotch pudding.

by Anonymousreply 81May 29, 2024 1:07 AM

^ I bet your brain looks like marshmallow goo

by Anonymousreply 82May 29, 2024 2:40 AM

He has derpface and weak shoulders and is like the next incarnation of Aaron Schock.

It probably looks and tastes like chocolate, R81, post-digestion.

by Anonymousreply 83May 29, 2024 5:31 AM

[Quote]Even the nuns said his speech isn’t reflective of Catholic beliefs.

Have they consulted with the Pope Francis recently?

by Anonymousreply 84May 29, 2024 6:07 AM

^ Probably more often than Buttfucker 😏

by Anonymousreply 85May 29, 2024 7:41 AM

The pontiff's use of the derogatory term, first reported by Italian media, led the Vatican to apologize Tuesday “to those who were offended.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 29, 2024 9:59 PM

Looks like he’s having a great time!

by Anonymousreply 87May 30, 2024 1:53 AM

Right-wing southern white lunatic that’s also really fucking hot. Ugh! That’s so my type.

by Anonymousreply 88May 30, 2024 2:04 AM

R79 Interesting how he's not heeding the usual lesson of "pride comes before a fall". This type never do!

by Anonymousreply 89May 30, 2024 10:40 AM

Please, God, just let me eat his hole before I die.

by Anonymousreply 90May 30, 2024 10:52 AM

R90 Do you think he could ever get it clean enough?

by Anonymousreply 91May 30, 2024 11:07 AM

I'd prefer to shave it and cleanse it with rubbing alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 92May 30, 2024 11:14 AM

I'd only be interested in Mahomes and Kelce doing a spitroast on him...

"You really pissed my girlfriend off, Buttfucker, she's spending all her time writing an entire album about you" 😠

by Anonymousreply 93May 30, 2024 12:17 PM

I yearn for the world I grew up in when nobody gave a fuck about 99..999% of athletes opinions on things.

by Anonymousreply 94May 30, 2024 5:15 PM

^ Yeah, let's go back to when athletes knew how to treat their wives. No pussy-boys back then 😏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 30, 2024 5:32 PM

Maybe r94 but I turned hard as a rock when Bubba Smith said something like "everyone is bisexual " in an old Playboy interview.

by Anonymousreply 96May 30, 2024 7:47 PM

[Quote] I yearn for the world I grew up in when nobody gave a fuck about 99..999% of athletes opinions on things.

R94 most people still don't give a fuck. Just those who live to be outraged.

by Anonymousreply 97May 30, 2024 8:24 PM

moving on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 1, 2024 7:36 AM

^ Buttfucker has a lot of nerve showing up there with his big smiley mug after the shit he said about Biden. Once again Biden proves he's the bigger, better man then all the MAGAts put together 😠

by Anonymousreply 99June 1, 2024 8:16 AM

R99, They put him in the back row, as far away from Biden as possible in the photo.

by Anonymousreply 100June 1, 2024 9:19 AM

^ I noticed that, I hope it was on purpose

by Anonymousreply 101June 1, 2024 9:22 AM

Someone his height will always be put in the back row. I would have loved it if he got placed up front near an end where interaction with Biden would have been inevitable. He doesn't seem to have a sense of shame or humility so I think he'd like it. . I'd be so curious to observe the interaction.

by Anonymousreply 102June 1, 2024 11:20 AM

^ A man who has convinced himself that he will be considered for sainthood has no self-awareness, humility or shame

by Anonymousreply 103June 1, 2024 11:46 AM

I really do wish his eyes were slightly closer together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 1, 2024 11:53 AM

I am looking forward to his wife catching him cheating on her.

by Anonymousreply 105June 1, 2024 12:02 PM

^ With a priest 😂

by Anonymousreply 106June 1, 2024 12:14 PM

They've only had two children in six years of marriage. Didn't he state that God intended copulation for procreation only or that every sexual act should be unprotected and open to conception?

These types of Catholics, especially if they have the means, are on #4 allowing for humane spacing for rest and recovery, or #5 if they don't care about the brood mare's, er woman's, health. What gives? Lavender marriage? She's a little on the masculine side. Or completely sheltered Southern naivete? He doesn't touch her to keep her as pure as possible and the marriage "sanctified" or whatever he sells on his bill of goods.

by Anonymousreply 107June 1, 2024 12:26 PM

^ I noticed that too, if Buttfucker only managed two kids in six years without contraception that boy ain't getting the job done 😉

by Anonymousreply 108June 1, 2024 12:34 PM

[quote]What gives? Lavender marriage? She's a little on the masculine side.

I wondered the same thing, R107. She isn't masculine or feminine, she's just there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 3, 2024 5:46 AM

[quote]Live near them and honestly didn't realize it was him and his family at the playground a few weeks ago until I noticed he was dressed trendy and wife and daughter were dressed with dresses to their ankles. I honestly was concerned about his daughter hurting herself on the playground equipment because the skirt was so long on a preschool age kid. Wife was smiling a lot and had a new baby strapped on her. Quickly Googled him and confirmed it was him. I knew he lived nearby due to HOA page but shit he had his wife out there looking like a Mennonite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 3, 2024 5:47 AM

I saw this last night. I know nothing about the source, but this article is crazy. DLers don't click links, it's a long article, but the whole thing is worth a read.

TLM = Traditional Latin Mass

[quote]“I attend the TLM because I believe, just as the God of the Old Testament was pretty particular in how he wanted to be worshipped, the same holds true for us today,” Butker explained. “It is through the TLM that I encountered order and began to pursue it in my own life.”

[quote]“The TLM is so essential that I would challenge each of you to pick a place to move where it is readily available.”

[quote]Those are fighting words within modern Catholicism.

[quote]The current controversy surrounding the Traditional Latin Mass began in the 1960s when Pope John XXIII introduced the Second Vatican Council that, among other things, changed the liturgy used during Mass from Latin to the language people understood. The new liturgy also utilized active participation by both lay men and women from all races.

[quote]While the vast majority of Catholics were willing to move on to the new liturgy they could understand and resonate with, an extreme minority stayed passionately committed to the TLM.

[quote]One of the few who opposed the new liturgy was the Frenchman Marcel Lefebvre, who started the Society of Saint Pius X, known as SSPX

[quote]“In addition to the obvious radicalism that Butker is espousing, there are others within fringe movements of the Catholic Church who allege that demons are taking control of everything both in the church and state,” Dannebohm said. “They contest that only they can thwart these efforts because they allege that the devil hates Latin.”

[quote]And with the opening up of the active lay participation in the Catholic Mass to men and women from all races, fear of diversity naturally became paired with fear of demons.

[quote]The SSPX includes priests who have called for “locking Jews into ghettos because ‘Jews are known to kill Christians.’” They also believe “a Judeo-Masonic conspiracy has destroyed the Catholic Church.”

[quote]This matches Dannebohm’s investigation. He recalled a time when he hired two young men to do some yard work for him in 2015. He overheard the young men he contracted blaming 9/11 on the Jews.

[quote]At first I thought they had to be joking around,” he explained. “They alleged that the Jews caused 9/11. They went on to claim that the LGBTQ movement is comprised of what they referred to as degenerates. In 2015, decades after the Civil Rights Movement, these twenty-somethings proudly claimed that Black people are inferior. They were going through this deranged litany of paranoia, conspiracy and racist nonsense long before QAnon had become QAnon.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 3, 2024 12:36 PM

[quote]“Degenerate: It’s a common word used among white supremacists today,” Dannebohm said. “They seem to use it as a code word to identify themselves with each other.”

[quote]Butker used that same word in his speech when he talked about “degenerate cultural values.” And he shared a common antisemitic trope when he spoke against the Antisemitism Awareness Act, claiming, “Congress just passed a bill where stating something as basic as the biblical teaching of who killed Jesus could land you in jail.”

[quote]The young men contracted by Dannebohm were part of a white nationalist militia commune called Identity Evropa. According to the SPLC, Identity Evropa “is at the forefront of the racist ‘alt-right’s’ effort to recruit white, college-aged men and transform them into the fashionable new face of white nationalism.”

[quote]When Dannebohm asked an associate in the intelligence community what he thought of these groups, his colleague said: “I know they’re going to be problematic and unfortunately their impact is not going to be taken seriously.”

[quote]Dannebohm’s associate told him of a letter allegedly written by Identity Evropa’s director that was circulated among the groups telling them to “infiltrate Catholicism and Orthodox seminaries and start spreading their agenda.”

[quote]A sketch of Timothy McVeigh and his mugshot as they appear on the FBI’s website about the Oklahoma City bombing. (FBI)

[quote]Identity Evropa’s Kansas branch was located about 20 miles from another white nationalist commune that had two more well-known members — Terry Nichols and Timothy McVeigh.

[quote]According to an SSPX priest in St. Mary’s, McVeigh and Nichols visited an SSPX priest in St. Marys the day before they rented the truck they used in the Oklahoma City bombing. As the Kansas Reflector reported, “The road to the January 6 insurrection goes back to Kansas.” But very few people know about the meeting between McVeigh and the SSPX priest.

by Anonymousreply 112June 3, 2024 12:37 PM

[quote]the photo of the smiling Trump next to the scowling Francis became the butt of jokes everywhere. It was especially humorous given the stark contrast to the more jovial meeting Francis had with President Barack Obama two years earlier.

[quote]According to Dannebohm, sources close to the White House said Trump was seething over Francis’ support of Obama and lack of enthusiasm for Trump.

[quote]“It was apparent that Trump wanted revenge on the pope. The idea that the pope favored a Black man, a Democrat, a former president over him was probably a major blow to his obviously fragile ego,” Dannebohm said. “It seemed that not too long thereafter, he had a Latin Catholic priest from a group called the Fraternity of Saint Peter come bless the Oval Office.” The FSSP, as they are known, are another group of priests associated with the Latin mass movement.

[quote]This was more than likely facilitated by Steve Bannon, a TLM Catholic

by Anonymousreply 113June 3, 2024 12:37 PM

[quote]As Dannebohm explains their “Theology of the Bodybuilder,” he says, “Adherents to this nonsense believe that you have to make yourself buff and ripped for the Lord and be a warrior for Christ. Many of them fat shame larger men. I doubt the likes of GK Chesterton or Thomas Aquinas would look kindly on that sort of behavior.”

[quote]All the priests at Word on Fire were massive, buff men. “They like others who adhere to this bastardized Frassati rhetoric believe this was how you honor the Lord, and how to be real men,” Dannebohm said. “This is a big thing among these trads. They refer to it as ‘true manhood.’ They have overnight father and son outings that include ax throwing and firearms training. I can only surmise that the toxic masculinity must hang over the campsite as thick as the campfire smoke.”

[quote]Perhaps that’s why Butker, along with Sen. Josh Hawley, spoke at the recent Stronger Men’s Conference, where controversy ensued when a shirtless man swallowed a sword and climbed a pole. It wasn’t just evangelicals in attendance.

by Anonymousreply 114June 3, 2024 12:38 PM

[quote]Many people have mentioned that Butker’s mother is a physicist, which is ironic given Butker’s words about women staying home and tending to their husbands and children. So he was not raised to be as extreme as he became.

[quote]When Butker first signed with the Chiefs, he began serving as an altar boy in his TLM parish and loved getting his photo taken. He also began serving as an altar boy for the Chiefs chaplain, who is a diocesan priest authorized to offer the Latin mass.

[quote]But while people attending Mass recognized him as the Chiefs kicker, he remained relatively unknown.

[quote]“It was only after he became intertwined with these radical Catholic influencers such as Bishop Joseph Strickland, Taylor Marshall and the Bannon crowd — that he started getting venues to speak at,” Dannebohm explained. “Influencers in the traditional Catholic movement are a lot like gypsies: the same crowd of influencers migrate together from event to event selling their snake oil to anybody who will listen.”

[quote][bold]One of the reasons Butker became so popular is that he is an effective asset to a variety of Catholics. As the product of the TLM, Butker fully supports the radical agenda of traditional Catholics. But as a young athlete, mainstream Catholics consider him to be an effective communicator to the youth.[/bold]

[quote]In his speeches, Butker uses antisemitic, homophobic and white supremacist code language. But most people don’t recognize that language. So it slips past the ears of the general public while stoking the excitement of the extremists.

[quote]While those extremist groups have traditionally condemned everyone who is different than them, they began courting conservative, masculinity-focused evangelicals since the 2022 midterms.

by Anonymousreply 115June 3, 2024 12:41 PM

[quote]“It was around the recent midterm elections when the radical traditional Catholics really started accepting the evangelicals and playing nice in the sandbox of extremism. Until then it was really just a circular firing squad,” Dannebohm explained. “There was supposed to be this epic red wave that didn’t happen. I think it made them fear that their movement would become discredited and they knew they had to broaden their horizon. You can’t keep saying a group is going to go to hell if you need their support. That’s where Butker came in handy. He attracted people they needed from groups they couldn’t reach.”

[quote][bold]“They have their football player now,” Dannebohm said. “Butker is now going to become a poster child for radicalism within the church because he’s a Latin Catholic, but he hasn’t quite gone full on nutty enough to be dismissed by normal, pew-going people. At the present, he retains some credibility thanks in large part to his profession. Soon enough, the more he opens his mouth, the more people will realize he’s crazier than an outhouse rat and the sane crowd will distance themselves[/bold]

[quote]Given Butker’s appeal to the “God of the Old Testament” being “pretty particular about how he wanted to be worshiped,” how that God commanded genocide, how Butker rejected the “church of nice,” how he used coded language for white nationalist extremist groups that have a history of violence, it seems some authorities should have some questions for him.

[quote]Whatever role Butker may play in the Catholic Church as reaction to his speech dies down, the reality is that many Catholic leaders agree with him.

[quote]So how do we sort between the militia groups, the TLM, the influencers, power-driven priests and regular Catholics? And do any of these people really believe the conspiracies they’re promoting?

[quote]“I think Butker saw the opportunity for an audience,” Dannebohm said.

[quote]As for the influencers, Dannebohm theorizes: “I don’t think they believe half the stuff they say. I don’t think Taylor Marshall truly believes a bunch of gay men got together in Switzerland and said, ‘We’re going to form a lavender mafia, we’re going to become Freemasons, and we’re going to hijack the Catholic Church.’ I don’t think anybody of any measurable degree of good sense believes that. But opportunistic radical influencers know fearful, often unstable people will pick up what they’re putting down. QAnon very vividly demonstrated that.

by Anonymousreply 116June 3, 2024 12:42 PM

Sadly if he really studied Catholicism with a true scholar (Jesuit) he would see there' s nothing in the bible about homosexuality. His interpretation is purely literal and if he wants to be that way, he's in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 117June 3, 2024 12:47 PM

I figured a lot of this out when he gave a follow-up speech at the Regina Caeli Academy which was also attended by Matt Walsh and Candace Owens. These people are dangerous and should be watched very carefully

by Anonymousreply 118June 3, 2024 12:47 PM

Agreed, R118.

From the last paragraph of the article:

[quote]As Dannebohm said, “It’s a frightening point in history when fringe cells that previously had to operate underground, when unstable extremists like Terry Nichols and Tim McVeigh used to have to plot and scheme way out in the middle of nowhere, are now able to operate at coffee hour after Mass.”

[quote]One of his colleagues told him, “I’m scared to death if Donald Trump doesn’t win the election in November. You can bet that these radicalized parishes, these very people, these Harrison Butker types, are going to be marching back into our nation’s Capitol again, inciting more violence, invoking the name of Jesus and calling foul.”

by Anonymousreply 119June 3, 2024 12:49 PM

^ And with a sympathetic Supreme Court in their back pocket they might get away with it

by Anonymousreply 120June 3, 2024 12:57 PM

Small dick energy

by Anonymousreply 121June 3, 2024 2:08 PM

Any connection with Opus Dei?

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2024 6:01 PM

They probably think Opus Dei is weak sauce.

by Anonymousreply 123June 3, 2024 9:58 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 14, 2024 12:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!