Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Giant Yard Skeletons

Has anyone else seen these 12 foot monstrosities that are being left up year-around? It’s becoming a thing with millennial Karens and their Chad husbands who think they’re edgy and are incapable of doing anything with subtlety. Seems like the type of thing that some former mid-2000s punk rockers turned corporate drones would do to seem cool as they approach middle age. Complete trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2024 1:51 AM

It's a...look.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2024 7:52 PM

hello, october

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2024 7:58 PM

There's one on my way to/from work - not a skeleton, but a tall, huge werewolf. I imagine there's no place to properly store it, so they just embraced the fact it would be kept up year round.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2024 8:01 PM

Yeah, there's one in my neighborhood that they dress according to whatever holiday is nearby. Right now it's dressed as Uncle Sam 🙄

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2024 8:03 PM

Can someone explain the thought process? Storage issue? Lazy? Defiant rebel? Dumb trends/dumb bitches?

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2024 8:13 PM

^ Yes

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2024 8:41 PM

It could work in conjunction with a yard globe atop a resin Corinthian pedestal.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2024 8:46 PM

These are the McMansions of seasonal decorations — stupidly out-of-scale with everything surrounding them. I doubt they last more than a few years before breaking down from sunlight damage and hauled off to the landfills.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2024 8:51 PM

^ I'm in a tornado prone area. I'm just waiting for one of these to go sailing through someone's house giving grandma a heart attack 😂

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2024 8:55 PM

One of my neighbors keeps a giant skeleton out front all year round. It even has an ad for its Instagram page. I picture the neighbors along the lines of OP’s description.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2024 9:38 PM

R4, how appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2024 10:06 PM

This woman is out of her mind, but the result is epic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2024 10:19 PM

Amateurs,

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2024 10:21 PM

Tacky, but, I honestly don't care what other people put in their yards.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2024 10:29 PM

And here I thought people from Giuliana Rancic's home planet were invading!

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2024 10:31 PM

It's edgy to be an emotional cripple and make too much of seasonal holiday decorations, Xmas trees, Halloween skeletons, whatever, leaving them up way too fucking long (or forever until they melt and dissolve and blow away) as crutches for the emotionally underdeveloped.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2024 10:32 PM

Maybe some people display Halloween decoration year-round as a Jehovah’s Witness repellant.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2024 10:47 PM

I actually watched that disco ball skeleton video.

I mean, I can't really say anything bad about it/her, because at least she was very excited to do it and produce a cool-looking (for Halloween) skeleton. She had fun doing it. I can't really bag on people that have weird hobbies and their enthusiasm over it. It's like me and gardening, honestly.

I CAN bag on the people that buy these monstrosities and are fairly short-sighted about storage of them - or just plain lazy, now that I've seen they are fully able to be dis-assembled, and don't take them down after the holiday.

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2024 12:05 AM

I decorate my yard with naked men.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2024 12:07 AM

This is why I keep a missile launcher in my garage.

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2024 1:38 AM

R19 how far down do you dig?

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2024 1:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!