Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Criterion Channel

$100 per year. Is it worth it? I only have Netflix and Tubi at this point.

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2024 6:24 AM

I found that the films I actually wanted to watch on Criterion were also available on Max, so I cancelled my subscription to the former.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2024 6:22 PM

For me, it's essential.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2024 6:24 PM

MUBI is better (more current, international films) but I have and enjoy both.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2024 6:34 PM

A lot of their movies are on Classic Reel ($2.99/month).

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2024 6:37 PM

I subscribed a couple years ago and never used it once.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2024 6:43 PM

I'd go for the more expensive monthly option and pick a few months per year to watch. There's a lot great content, but some it can be found elsewhere. Plus, "Criterion fatigue" can be a thing for some people.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2024 6:46 PM

Yes! Definitely worth subscribing to. It was recently sold hope the high quality is maintained.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2024 3:05 AM

If you’re a connoisseur of film as an art form on any sort of sophisticated level, the Criterion Channel and the Criterion Collection are essentials. Subscribe and don’t look back. Subscribers also get a couple of -$10 coupons each year via email—save them and use them during the 50% off Flash Sales that Criterion runs every so often.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2024 6:15 AM

I've been a subscriber since they launched and I usually watch a few films per month. I unfortunately had to let it go this past month because money is tight. But I'd like to have it again when I can.

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2024 6:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!